PDA

View Full Version : Cooking while efemme

Teri Jean
12-07-2008, 08:25 AM
The other day while getting ready for Thanksgiving I was dressed for the day with my ussual attire for around the house, dress, nylons, wig and makeup and comfy slippers. Anyway in doing the baking and all the prep things before the turkey went in, I must have opened the door to the oven and was not quite clear of the heat surge and "singed" the bangs of my wig. I didn't realize this until a few days later after the family left and I went to put it on. BooHoo. Thankfully I have a couple others to wear until the new one gets here but has anyone else had this problem and if not please be careful if you do the baking and or cooking.:battingeyelashes::love: Keli

avril findlay
12-07-2008, 09:33 AM
Not my wig but my own hair which was very long at the time and an eyebrow which took forever to grow back!

Jilmac
12-07-2008, 12:48 PM
I have never singed a wig but I always seem to spill or splash something on my dress or top. I ruined one of my favorite tops with a grease stain :sad:. Oh well I guess we all live and learn.

DinaMature
12-07-2008, 02:00 PM
The man of the house always wears a bit of each meal. With fanatacism, I've been ok so far and haven't had any significant spills on my fem duds.

I have a long beautifual gown and robe for nighttime and I'm terrified I'll get something on it. Hell hath no fury like when I get the first coffee stain on it.

I've cooked in a dress and blouse with slacks with no problems but I use an apron.

Schatten Lupus
12-07-2008, 02:21 PM
I've not gotten to cook while dressed yet. I was going to this morning, but since my room mate is home, I couldn't.

trisha59
12-07-2008, 03:10 PM
Never had the wig go up in flames but I'm constantly getting the imprint of the oven rack on my arm. Maybe they should make an asbestos wig.

PheonaP
12-07-2008, 04:24 PM
As I do 99% cooking here, I usually do it en femme. Very fortunately I have never managed to spill or driop anything on my clothes or shoes.
Perhaps I am just lucky.

Evie08
12-07-2008, 05:41 PM
I was lighting my gas fireplace the other night and... whooosh, it flashed. One way to get rid of hair on my arms..

CD Susan
12-07-2008, 06:33 PM
Keli, I singed the bangs on a wig once too. I got too close to a propane light inside a camper. I had to trim the singed ends about 1/2". The wig is now worn only at home.

Tracy_Victoria
12-08-2008, 06:12 AM
The other day while getting ready for Thanksgiving I was dressed for the day with my ussual attire for around the house, dress, nylons, wig and makeup and comfy slippers. Anyway in doing the baking and all the prep things before the turkey went in, I must have opened the door to the oven and was not quite clear of the heat surge and "singed" the bangs of my wig. I didn't realize this until a few days later after the family left and I went to put it on. BooHoo. Thankfully I have a couple others to wear until the new one gets here but has anyone else had this problem and if not please be careful if you do the baking and or cooking.:battingeyelashes::love: Keli

This is a regular one with synthetic wigs, and one that happens ofter to CD and RG that have to wear wigs in their daily lives. Most wigs makers now give warning about this in there instructions, however many a good wig is still ruined in this way.

Always open the door first, and beware of fan ovens which tend to blast that hot air right at you as you open the door.

http://www.jacquelinewigs.co.uk/pages.php?pageid=27

WARNING:
AVOID EXPOSURE TO EXCESSIVE HEAT AS THIS MAY DAMAGE THE FIBRE BE ESPECIALLY CAREFUL WHEN OPENING AN OVEN DOOR. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DYE YOUR WIG.

Sorry you learned the hard way, however hopefully you will save others from this simply made mistake.

Teri Jean
12-11-2008, 07:00 PM
Thanks girls and I think it is one mistake that I will not do twice. My new wig came today and fortunately it was on a clearence price and I still can use to older one but now have one for venturing out. Huggs Keli

By the way the pumpkin pie was to die for.LOL