PDA

View Full Version : In the digicam, looking for myself...

DinaMature
12-08-2008, 03:49 AM
Another thread questioned finding your feminine self in the mirror.
I've always been a shutterbug but I've never been so interested in capturing my own image. Now every outfit gets assessed and I strongly face the camera.

I have two shots, differant occasions, where I feel I've captured my feminine spirit looking back at the camera...
as opposed to just seeing an old guy in funny clothes.

Can anyone relate to this experiment? And positive results?

Sammy777
12-08-2008, 05:27 AM
I think anyone who has posted a picture of themselves on here.

Lilith Moon
12-08-2008, 05:49 AM
Another thread questioned finding your feminine self in the mirror.
I've always been a shutterbug but I've never been so interested in capturing my own image. Now every outfit gets assessed and I strongly face the camera.

I have two shots, differant occasions, where I feel I've captured my feminine spirit looking back at the camera...
as opposed to just seeing an old guy in funny clothes.

Definitely ! The percentage of good ones does improve over time. Technical and makeup skills, knowing how to pose, putting outfits together all contribute toward getting a pic that emphasizes the feminine in us.

Nadia-Maria
12-08-2008, 07:41 AM

Very interesting. I really love taking pics and videos of my female self.
Lifelong I hated being photographed till I was first pictured enfemme.
Now I'm very happy to be the centre of attention and smiling comes naturally. I feel pretty and it's sooooooo wonderful !

And I would love to play the theater as femme, whereas such an idea would be wholly out of question playing a man role.

Karren H
12-08-2008, 08:57 AM
With a dedicated external drive to all my photos and movies... Uhhh yeah!! And I just take massive amounts of photos per session and figure one or two will turn out femish.. It does take a lot of time and effort.. And I'm seriously thinking about hiring a female stunt double to wear my clothes and I'll take photos of her!! :)

vikki2020
12-08-2008, 09:02 AM
Yeah, take enough, and your sure to get one! Thank God for the delete button!

DinaMature
12-08-2008, 09:55 AM
Validation. Thank you all for sharing in my 'poll.

Could this tendancy to be a camera hog appear on the list with the other stereotypes; high intellect and collecting?

Karren H
12-08-2008, 10:08 AM
Camera hog... Exhibitionist... It all started out as a way to critique my progress and now crossdressing without a camera is like crossdressing wothout a dress!! Lol

harmony
12-08-2008, 10:47 AM
it does not happen very often but a few times i think i found what you are talking about!a feeling of inner peace and balance comes over me when i look at my reflection-in the mirror or better on a photograph -and the spiritual femininity that is part of my essence comes through.sort of the other extreme of wearing panties...where i manage to express my innermost beeing on the canvas of my body as a work of art!

cindym5_04
12-08-2008, 11:08 AM
Most of the time, I absolutely HATE the way I look in pics. It's only the very rare occurrence that I'll actually like a photo of me. I tend to see my "normal" self in the pic with a wig and makeup instead of being "impartial" and taking who I normally see in the mirror out of the equation.

CD Susan
12-08-2008, 01:40 PM
For me what I see in the mirror always looks better than the image the camera captures. I usually take about 100 pictures at a photo session with only a few turning out good enough to share with others. I have never had some one else photograph me but some day I hope to have a professional makeover done and have some pics taken that I will be proud of.

izzfan
12-08-2008, 09:24 PM
There have been a few times (in "bob mode") when I've looked in the mirror and seen my feminine side. This usually happens after I've washed/combed my hair, as it is about shoulder-length and can look quite girly when styled in certain ways.

Obviously, I also often end up seeing my feminine side in the mirror when I am en femme.