PDA

View Full Version : A Good Purge

April Simmons
12-08-2008, 11:21 AM
This weekend I was the good husband (actually I rather felt like a housewife…not complaining though) and began a major clean up of the bedroom. With children the bedroom had become the storage area for anything that did not have a place, so it had become quite the disaster area.

Worked hard tidying and doing laundry all weekend, SO joined me on Sunday and decided to take things to the next level and go through all our clothes and throw out or donate to charity anything that did not fit or we didn’t wear any more.

To make a long story short I ended up with four sweaters, a purple suit dress and a pink nightie! Came close to getting a satin negligee and panty set but am told I can borrow those. Almost as good as going shopping.

Actually I am terrified to go shopping, the Christmas season has made picking up some makeup (especially if you buy gift sets) worry free. But searching for the right size panties or nylons is a little more nerve wracking.

Friday had a dress up session, hence new avatar. Yes she lent me a few outfits. It has been less than a month since I came out to my wife so she is not ready to see me fully dressed yet, hopefully soon. I am always reminding myself to take it slow.

Love,

April:battingeyelashes:

paulaluvssz8
12-08-2008, 11:26 AM
Do take it slow. but as for now.. Wow and way to go. Good luck and remember on her terms.

MJ
12-08-2008, 11:29 AM
well your very lucky. take it slow i look forward to seeing your pictures..

DinaMature
12-08-2008, 11:56 AM
I'm having my own version of the good purge... I've pulled out a dozen or so drab peices that are taking up needed closet space.

My relationship with the thrift store has been too much one way as my fem wardrobe expands.
I'm about to return the favor and dumb this pile off for them.:D

SexxxyDJ
12-08-2008, 01:48 PM
April, you look great in your new avatar. Enjoy your understanding/supportive SO.

Tomara
12-08-2008, 02:25 PM
A couple of weeks ago I went threw a lot of my male and female clothes that I had not worn for a while and made a donation to a local shelter , two big bags , and it felt good to clean out the old and reorganize my dressers and closet.
I do this about once a year.
Tomara

tricia_uktv
12-08-2008, 05:15 PM
Love the new Avateur April, you look really good!

Ronni Seymour
12-08-2008, 10:16 PM
Good for you, April. Be sensitive to her feelings and go slow. Even though our CDing can engross us at times, don't let her feel like it is for you. It sounds like she's willing to learn and accept this part of you, for which you can be very thankful. Give her time.
And don't be afraid to go out shopping. Even though I love the freedom to browse the clothing, especially the lingerie, when enfemme, I now have less anxiety when in drab than I used to. Just do it, and you'll eventually get over the fear. :battingeyelashes:

sissystephanie
12-08-2008, 11:02 PM
I'm sure a lot of us are jealous of your looks, April!! I know I am! Of course I may be old enough to be your grandfather, so looking like that is hopeless. sounds like you have a great wife and an even better relationship with her! Keep it up!

CD Susan
12-09-2008, 03:42 PM
April, it sounds like you scored big time with the sweaters, dress and nightie. I hope you have continued success with your wife's acceptence. BTW you new avatar pic looks great.

StacyCD
12-09-2008, 04:02 PM
It has been two years since I came out to my wife of 30+ years. Things have been going very slowly (almost glacial as I see it). However, a couple of nights ago, I got to sleep in panties and satin pajamas with bright red nail polish on my toes. So even though it seems slow, progress is being made! Good luck!

Angie G
12-10-2008, 01:35 AM
Yes keep it slow hun And shopping is really fun give it a chance.:hugs:
Angie

Kelsy
12-10-2008, 03:39 AM
Hi April,
Sounds like a healthy and growing relationship you have = Lucky girl. The policy with my wife and I is when we get a new item of clothing something old has to go! and I always get first dibs if my SO is tossing any thing of hers!!:D Works for us!

:hugs:Kelsy

DanaR
12-10-2008, 03:46 AM
It sounds like things are going very well. That's nice!