PDA

View Full Version : Male Style Vs. Female Style

balletchick
12-08-2008, 10:52 PM
Just wondering if your male style is similar to your female style. Basically I'm gothic in both modes but I dig some girlie fashions that step out of the goth world.

For some reason I relate to singers and musicians than anybody else. In male mode I'd say that would have to be Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails I wear tons of black I also dig Scott Weiland of Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver Scott just has that rocker look down.

As for the female look I love Rihanna aside from being a sheer beauty I love the way she dresses she has a somewhat goth look at times but not always. Gwen Stefani isn't goth at all but she looks amazing absolute beauty and I love her style.

So tell us yours it doesn't have to be singers and musicians.

Barbaraheels
12-08-2008, 10:56 PM
My male style is pretty conservative and/or boring. I'm really just a jeans and tshirt kind of guy most of the time. Thats part of the fun of crossdressing. I like to dress a little on the provacotive side now and then if not darn right trashy. I think alot of crossdressers like to over compensate sometimes with thier styles just because we can!

docrobbysherry
12-08-2008, 11:12 PM
My male style is pretty conservative and/or boring. I'm really just a jeans and tshirt kind of guy most of the time. Thats part of the fun of crossdressing. I like to dress a little on the provacotive side now and then if not darn right trashy. I think alot of crossdressers like to over compensate sometimes with thier styles just because we can!

If you've got it, flaunt it! In male mode, I've got nothin' to flaunt!:brolleyes:

Karren H
12-09-2008, 01:32 AM
I dress up and look good no mater what gender I'm presenting.. People at work would be shocked to see me in jeans just as much as you would!! Hahaha.

avril findlay
12-09-2008, 01:41 AM
I try to dress as attractively as possible when I'm a woman and I take a great deal of care about it. When I have to dress as a guy I'd describe myself as an expensively dressed slob!

yms
12-09-2008, 06:08 AM
My two styles couldn't be more different. Because of my work, I dress ultra-casual: jeans, turtlenecks, sweatshirts and sweaters. Except for my shoes, it is a mostly gender neutral look.

I would never dress like that when I crossdress.

deja true
12-09-2008, 06:31 AM
What's-his-name is sort of a clean, smart casual sorta guy...

and deja is kinda boho chic!

No real formal stuff for me in either mode, and never slobby either!

:D

Sarah...
12-09-2008, 08:15 AM
My style is developing all the time. I mostly like clean, classic lines with a few well-placed accessories. Casual stuff is usually co-ordinated but always comfy and easy to wear.

I have difficulty creating a style from men's clothes as they all seem so shapeless and just sort of hang off me. If I spend a lot of money I don't have I can get men's clothes that I would be happy enough to wear and that would flatter my shape. It seems to cheaper and easier to get women's clothes that are tailored to fit right off the rail.

I prefer skirts and dresses so creating a style I'm happy with in man's clothes is, in this respect, a bit of a challenge.

Sarah...

molly_maguire
12-09-2008, 09:04 AM
My closet couldn't be more bipolar.

Boy clothes are often tatty, with holes in jeans from battery acid, chainsaw, crusty areas from wiping epoxy, blood stains from scraping my knuckles, etc. Feet shod in boots, shirts normally of the pullover kind. Way too boring, but it suits my work.

Girl clothes tend toward the classic 50's look, but are next to impossible to buy new off the racks. Always skirts or dresses, never pants (why wear what I can wear in boy mode?), and with heels.

AmandaM
12-09-2008, 11:39 AM
Jeans, tennies, t-shirts almost every day in drab. Dressed to the nines when I can in drag. Fine male apparel bores me. But, there is one item I really want, one of those sport coats with the elbow patches, to wear with jeans of course!

goofus
12-09-2008, 12:05 PM
I usually try to dress age-appropriately (especially if I'm going out) but I'd love to try stuff from the juniors' section (I doubt any of it would fit me though :) . Also I'd love to dress up as a little girl sometime, as well as a ballerina and a bride.
I'd love to try the gothic thing as well...I guess I'm open to a lot of different ways of dressing.

As a guy I'm usually t-shirt and jeans although sometimes I do clean up a bit and wear button down shirts and maybe khakis. I wouldn't say I have any certain style, I just wear whatever is appealing to me. Back in the 90's someone said I looked 'alternative' (as a guy) and I didn't think I did, but that was their opinion.

CD Susan
12-09-2008, 02:33 PM
I try to present myself respectfully in both modes. I do not ever look like a slob as a guy and as a woman I tend to go with the slightly provocatve look but not over done. I think being out in public looking like a slob shows a lack of class.

S. Lisa Smith
12-09-2008, 02:55 PM
I try to present myself respectfully in both modes. I do not ever look like a slob as a guy and as a woman I tend to go with the slightly provocatve look but not over done. I think being out in public looking like a slob shows a lack of class.
I agree! I love tailored clothes as a woman and I'm pretty casual as a man.

Jamie001
12-09-2008, 06:51 PM
Male Style is an oxymoron! There is no such thing and there is no such thing as "male fashion". Males all look like clones of each other or waddling Penguins at formal events with no color or individuality; just black and white.

:2c: Jamie

CharleneT
12-10-2008, 01:10 AM
My male mode is very casual, jeans/t-shirts/flannel shirts etc. My female mode tends to be much more dressed. Not really fancy, but most definitely more dressed up. I love it! I really do not find many "fancy" male clothes interesting, never have.

Angie G
12-10-2008, 01:18 AM
I think Angie has much more style then my other half.:hugs:
Angie

Pernille Tiratzo
12-10-2008, 03:51 AM
I must say I am very casual in guy mode, Jeans and t-shirt. Sneakers. And sweaters that is comfortable wearing. But in woman mode I am only wearing clothes that is stylish, Gowns, dresses, high heels and silk and satin. I have two pair of pences both are satin, one tigth and one wide. I have ever looked at a man and noticed his clothes (unless they are dirty) but womens clothes I notice easily. I think "nice outfit" before I notice the face of a woman. I even think: "those shoes to that dress.?!..she`s crazy!" I once spent a hole day with a friend, at the end of the day his wife said to me: "So what do you thing of his outfit? Sneakers and a suit? His a wierd man, ha?" I never noticed....

erickka
12-10-2008, 07:50 AM
My male side is a jeans and t shirt grease monkey, while my femal side is nice middle age business casual, a girl at the office.

Marshchild
12-10-2008, 08:26 AM
Seeing as I almost invariably present as a (very pretty) man when wearing women's clothing, I don't really have distinct "male" and "female" styles - the two kind of merge for me. If I did, though, I think I'd take equal care with each. I like the male side of me too much to dress him like a slob (or every other guy out there).

NewDresser
12-10-2008, 09:01 AM
In guy mode I dress very casual, jeans or cargo pants, t-shirt, hoodie. I think if I had a full female wardrobe I would probably wear the female version of my guy clothes if dressed for any extended period of time. For now though since I only dress for short time periods and I don't have an extensive wardrobe, I do like the nicer more feminine clothing.

maid phylis
12-10-2008, 11:32 AM
my male mode style is just jeans and a sweater,but in female mode i dress my age and conservatively.:love:phylisanne

Airazor
12-10-2008, 07:42 PM
Well I started buying girls' clothes when I was in high school, so that's reflected in the style I chose. As a guy I'm pretty laid back, jeans and tees, I only have a couple pairs of shoes, etc. However on the other hand, I have as many high heels as I do sneakers :p and my feminine wardrobe is on the trendy side; mid-thigh length skirts, cute colorful tops, I have a pair of denim capris with rhinestones on the back pocket, y'know, that kind of stuff :cheer:

Billie Jean
12-11-2008, 04:25 AM
At work my clothing is androgynous, and in male mode I wear mostly biker style clothes since that is what I am. My femme side likes causual. Billie Jean

Jonianne
12-11-2008, 06:35 AM
I dress pretty much the same both male and female, both very laid back and casual. With my real hair long enough now, to not have to use a wig, the only major difference is to change my pants for a jumper dress and put on some makeup.

Lana Lang
12-11-2008, 07:02 PM
In male mode, I dress casually. I find myself sticking with mostly skater/surfer wear such as Quiksilver or Billabong. I just bought female clothes for the first time (two mini skirts, a pair of capris and a halter that can double as a dress) and my God, I love them so much more than my male clothes. I look at my male clothes and sometimes feel that I'm just another "cog in the wheel" but my female clothes really make me appreciate women all that much more.

Vivian Best
12-11-2008, 07:11 PM
I guess my male side and my female side are different. However, I try to present myself very straight forward either way. I tend to be a little more showey as a female than I do as a male though.

charlie
12-11-2008, 10:02 PM
I own my own business and my work or non work clothing is usually either shorts with a polo type shirt or jeans when it is colder. I almost never dress up. My femine attire is completely different. I do not feel dressed unless I'm in nylons, heels wig, full makekup and painted long nails.

Intertwined
12-11-2008, 10:17 PM
I agree with Sarra... not much you can do with male cloths, I dress usually in baggy shorts, t-shirt or oversized button up in male mode. In my other mode, pastels, lace and alot of accesories.

TrekGirl1701
01-31-2009, 04:36 PM
My female style is actually not that different from my regular male style. When I buy guy clothes I look for stuff that is presentable. I'm pretty into the preppy look. That's what I look for in female clothes. I don't like clothes that show off too much skin. I like wearing clothes that match. I'm not into wearing girly fabrics like lace and satin. Give me cotton, please! So my taste in female clothes isn't far off from my taste in male clothes.

Lisa Golightly
01-31-2009, 04:44 PM
In the past the male me was Mansonesque and the female me more Dita... Now I'm old(ish) and boring... I'm sort of 40 year old woman next door... Gosh where did it all those crazy days go? Actually the last of the gothicesque pictures I did are in my album... Ah, those were the days... *goes all misty eyed* :)

xAnne_Mariex
01-31-2009, 06:43 PM
My male side is very much what most people would expect a normal everyday 23 year old would be like, and I think my female side is what most people would expect a normal 23 year old girl to look like...if that makes sense lol

In guy mode I wear casual stuff, jeans, t-shirts and trainers and in girl mode I wear lots of short skirts, low cut tops and generally dress like most girls my age do.

Michelia
01-31-2009, 06:43 PM
But I never wear jeans. I hate them.

I am developing a female style and I think it is developing by default according to what looks good and what works on my body. And I have worn jeans en femme. I like them when they are tight and a little stretchy. They make me feel girly.

Shawnacdin
01-31-2009, 07:51 PM
My male style is pretty boring and a little trendy. I love getting dressed up in designer cloths and going out on the town dancing. Mostly though I am a t-shirt and jeans kind of guy, nothing special. In female mode I tend to be more ****ty, I love ****ty cloths that you would go to the club in. My female side is a little cheaper because it cost so much for two wardrobs!!

Paula T
01-31-2009, 11:54 PM
But I never wear jeans. I hate them.

I am developing a female style and I think it is developing by default according to what looks good and what works on my body. And I have worn jeans en femme. I like them when they are tight and a little stretchy. They make me feel girly.

You hate jeans? just out of curiosity how come? I wear them every day with usually a long sleeved buttoned shirt or sweater especially in the winter now. My femme attire is mostly mixed casual or business type (skirt suits):)

Terra_Branford
02-01-2009, 11:41 PM
My male mode and female mode styles are polar opposites. I don't care for much that's marketed to guys these days, seeing as I don't like dull, muted colors (beige in particular I loathe, and it's on just about everything), or the trend for clothing looking old, ratty, and shapeless. Thus, in male mode I tend to dress somewhat dull and conservative, partly to avoid some of the things I especially dislike about male clothing, and partly to minimize my time spent shopping for it. As Terra, I indulge my taste for bright colors and everything glittery and shiny. Granted, my wife and friends help me tone things down a bit so that I can walk outside and not be seen from space, but I still go for all the brightness I can't have in male mode.

JennyBaby
02-02-2009, 12:10 AM
My style in guy mode is really boring and conservative. But as a girl, I love to look as sexy as possible. I would also say that in girl mode I tend to dress more ****ty! :D

ColleenShivas
02-02-2009, 02:31 AM
My male mode is "business casual" and the very definition of drab. Enfemme, I like to dress smart and sexy. I am still trying to find the "age-appropriate" balance.

JoAnne Wheeler
02-02-2009, 11:06 AM
NO - I spend a lot more time coordinating my female outfits than my male outfits - of course I love my female outfits and hate my male clothes

JoAnne Wheeler