PDA

View Full Version : comming out to friends, ect

orchard
06-07-2005, 10:30 AM
ok ladies, I've given myself a wonderful opportunity by innitiating a move from stuffy old New England to Iowa City.
And what I would like to do is crossdress more openly and publicly, instead of, say, today, where I was wearing a heavy robe to cover my pj's and tank top so as NOT to freak out my roomates.

Right, so I will be living with friends in Iowa, and I am going to have to tell them about myself, and they are goodly people and should accept me.
But how the h*** do you start a converstion like that?

I guess I could leave a pair of heels and a skirt on the living room couch but that seems sketchy.

Stephenie
06-07-2005, 11:01 AM
Guess it depends on all kinds of things, how long are you going to be staying with them and do them have kids at home? Maybe you could start it with a conversation about privicy.

orchard
06-07-2005, 11:17 AM
their won't be any kids, and it will be a slightly crowded set-up.
I feel like it would be important to cover every ones comfort level with it.
E-mail would be a great way to wimp out.

Donna Delite
06-07-2005, 11:53 AM
Don't do it via email, if this is something you feel you have to do and these people are your friends, you owe it to them and yourself to tell them in person.

orchard
06-07-2005, 12:32 PM
Don't do it via email, if this is something you feel you have to do and these people are your friends, you owe it to them and yourself to tell them in person.
----------
URGG... but I like the wimpy route.
I don't know, it was soooo sucky when I told my last girlfriend about it, but then again, friends do not have the same emotional investment in how I dress. I dunno.

christine h
06-07-2005, 01:03 PM
Thats a hard one, you could wait until you've all settled in and sit down one night with a bottle of wine and slowly bring the conversation around to the subject being very tactfull, but dont rush this. Then you could gauge your friends reactions.