PDA

View Full Version : Did you grow up with brothers and/or sisters?

Stephanie Kay
12-09-2008, 09:47 AM
Hi, girls,

I was just wondering if growing up with sisters or brothers (or not) had an influence on our becoming crossdressers. What do you think?

I had two brothers and no sisters.

Love,
Stephanie

Heather Dur
12-09-2008, 10:01 AM
Two older brothers, who were away at school when I started to dress so no influence. One younger sister, seven years, and she was a baby when I started, so unless some psychological I have never discovered, no influence. Brothers still don't know, though did tell my sister when she was in her 30s. She thought it was cool and provided me with some hand me downs.

suezeq
12-09-2008, 10:06 AM
3sisters and 2 bros eldest sister knows but not the rest in them days it was hand me downs to wear them out nobody bothered then blame mother lolo

StaceyJane
12-09-2008, 10:29 AM
I have one brother. I did dress up in front of him once when we were kids.

Daintre
12-09-2008, 10:30 AM
I have 2 older and 2 younger sisters, I am a middle child if that means anything. Ours was a traditional household, the girls did the indoor cleaning, I did the outdoors, the garbage and the cat box. Heck I wanted to be in skirts just to get away from the weekly jobs. Actually, what I wanted most was to be treated like my sister who was 2 years older than me, she was my father's princess.

Angie G
12-09-2008, 10:47 AM
No brothers or sisters buut had a girl cousin live with with us for a time. It didn't help the dressing.:hugs:
Angie

Anna the Dub
12-09-2008, 12:41 PM
3 older brothers, 1 older sister (yes, I'm the baby). Did they have an affect on my youthful activities? Only in the sense that I knew I had to hide how I felt. My brothers very pretty much typical, rough and tumble boys, who took no prisoners, my sister was a bit tomboyish. I was very deeply in the closet, no one suspected that I was miserable with my gender, but hey ho.

crystal99
12-09-2008, 12:54 PM
I had both, having sisters meant that there were loads of old clothes (of my mums) put in a dressing up box for us (them really) kids. So i guess having them there made it easier.

I did on occation try on my sisters clothes but felt so ashamed after, when i got a little older i used to nick clothes from shops just to have my own, not one of my finer moments (either of them x), and id try and get something that looked like thier style just incase my mum found them so i reckon having sisters had a big influence.

VERONICARH
12-09-2008, 12:54 PM
older sister and older brother. I played sports in high school to keep up with older brother and be macho, but really wanted to be girly. Continued sports into college for education (had scholarship).

Karren H
12-09-2008, 12:55 PM
One younger brother, one younger sister.. One older step-sister, one younger step-sister, one older step-brother and 3 younger step-brothers.. Lived with all of them, just not at the same time..

bobi jean
12-09-2008, 12:56 PM
Six brothers, one younger and 2 sisters, both younger. Actually I do remember my sisters dressing me up a few times but I think I had already started dressing before that. I'm 59 years old, tomarrow, and have memories of dressing around 10. That would make my sisters about 6 and 8 when I started, don't know if they were much influence or not. They all know that I crossdress and are pretty accepting as far as I know. Everyone in the family at some time or another has seen me dressed and one sister-in-law even gave me 4 or 5 pair of "free-be" panty hose. She does'nt wear panty hose very often and said they would just go to waste.

anouk
12-09-2008, 01:13 PM
I have three older sisters and lived my early childhood in a quite isolated place where my parent were working. Mostly my sisters didn't let me play with them, but I used to watch them playing princess, barbies etc. It was only the "the famous five" and pirate type playing I could take part. Other kids (especially boys) from the neibourghood were mostly not tolerated, but there was an exception: One boy was allowed to play with my sisters and he liked play a qupsy woman...!!!

So that kind of experiences may have influenced me somehow...

cindym5_04
12-09-2008, 01:17 PM
I grew up with one sister, who's 4 years older than me. Is it bad that when I dress, I look more like a girl than she does?

NewDresser
12-09-2008, 01:36 PM
I grew up with one older sister. She was pretty much a tomboy so I don't think she influenced my dressing directly, but I do remember her complaining when my mom would make her dress up and I remember being very jealous and wondering why wouldn't she want to dress up.

CD Susan
12-09-2008, 02:06 PM
I grew up with three sisters and always felt I should have been born a girl too. My sisters were a big influence on my early years of dressing up. Thier clothes were all over the place so the temptation was always there to dress up. I never dared to touch my Mom's things though.

Tomara
12-09-2008, 02:17 PM
I had both , one older sister , it was her bra that was the first feminine clothing I wore at about age six .
Then there is me , and brother , sister , brother in that order , and I really don`t think any of them had any influence or knowledge of me dressing with the exception of my mother that caught me in the bra , she was not very amused to say the least !
Tomara

Joy Carter
12-09-2008, 02:28 PM
I lived with only my sister. My other sister and two brothers lived with my father. But I idolized my sister. She hated me as she pretty much was stuck watching me. And yeah, I tried all her stuff on, at one time or another. I was the youngest and should have been a girl.

Kate Simmons
12-09-2008, 02:30 PM
Two brothers, two sisters, all younger. No influence I know of Hon.:)

Nadia-Maria
12-09-2008, 04:11 PM
It's a very interesting poll, Stephanie.

What we do know now is the first-born is more prone to CD than the last-born, in families of 2 or more childs. The first born has 1.5 time more chance to CD than the last-born, what means this effect is not very striking. However it is significative and of theoretical importance, since it shows that nurture must have an incidence on CDing (notwithstanding the fact that nature may have one too).

Hence you are right to investigate further.

Hugs

MJ
12-09-2008, 04:38 PM
i have two sisters one brother. and I'm the last born

Alana65
12-09-2008, 04:44 PM
I grew up with an older brother (but wished I'd also had an older sister that would've dressed me up :daydreaming:).

Toni_Lynn
12-09-2008, 04:52 PM
I have a younger sister, and I can recall feeling some incredible envy as she got her first bra, and all the fuss made over it!

I also recall incredible confusion when my sister was allowed to do 'boy' things like play on a softball, when I wasn't allwoed to do anything that was in the least bit girl-ish.

And to that end, in my little mind I new that only way I could be a boy was to be a girl!

I am strange -- but that's one of my endearing qualities and why my wife loves me! :)

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

Barclay
12-09-2008, 04:55 PM
I wish I had a sister, than I'd probably be more feminine today :P

Sarah...
12-09-2008, 05:14 PM
I have a younger sister. She was no influence on how I turned out. It's all in my genes and my hormonal influences in the womb.

My gorgeous Sis was always convinced that there was something about me that needed "fixing". But not in the way you might expect - she's happy to have a happy older sister instead of an unhappy older brother.

Sarah...

jina
12-09-2008, 05:56 PM
One older sister, one younger brother.. and one of each also that did not survive.

Shari
12-09-2008, 06:04 PM
Funny that you would write this and remind me of the first time I ever dressed. It was in front of my younger sister. And that was the only time she ever saw me.
The only other one has been my wife.
Thanks for stirring up some memories.

jessielee
12-09-2008, 06:06 PM
two older step brothers and one older step sister, seven years older. never once thought of trying her duds on. but she did make me up once. i was young. it was nonsexual, yet so very exciting! remember steering her more toward clown than girl to justify it, felt that much guilt, but in my excitement it was all for the girl mystique!
years later, found my father had been busy, producing four half sisters and a half brother. two of the girls and i resemble each other greatly. i love to see them and to dream.
influenced,
jessie

Nicki B
12-09-2008, 06:27 PM
One younger brother, one younger sister...

:yt:

Joan Merrie
12-09-2008, 06:53 PM
1 brother, the oldest, 2 sisters, then me. sisters did dress me up a few times. I don't know if they had an influance on me or not. If they did thanks to my wonderfull sisters.:hugs:

Sammy777
12-09-2008, 07:21 PM

What we do know now is the first-born is more prone to CD than the last-born, in families of 2 or more childs. The first born has 1.5 time more chance to CD than the last-born, what means this effect is not very striking. However it is significative and of theoretical importance, since it shows that nurture must have an incidence on CDing (notwithstanding the fact that nature may have one too).

I'm another last born (Older sister & brother)
So I guess its more nature.

I don't think my sister really had an influence on me.

Joanne Curl
12-09-2008, 07:52 PM
I grew up in a family of 5 boys and 1 girl. My sister was closest to me in age, she was 17 months older than me. Idon't think she was the reason that I CD. I never wanted to be her, as a matter of fact she was a real tomboy until we got to high school. By then I was already CDing. Maybe subconciously I was jealous of the attention she got as the only girl. All I know is I never knew that anyone else cross dressed until I got to college and started researching it in the library- it was long before the internet...
Joanne

Holly
12-09-2008, 08:01 PM
One younger brother... no influence (although I did see him in a tutu once :heehee:.

Kaitlyn_Denise
12-09-2008, 08:18 PM
I have an sister who is two years older than me. As far as influence goes, it was her clothing that got me into CDing.

Audrey34
12-09-2008, 08:24 PM
I grew up with an older brother and six sisters. None of that had any influence on my dressing up though. However only two of my sisters know about Audrey and they think she's kind of cute.
-Audrey

Karen C
12-09-2008, 08:49 PM
I had a brother 5 years older than me .

charlene_d
12-09-2008, 10:03 PM
I have a younger sister who was the classic tomboy.

Nadia-Maria
12-10-2008, 04:34 AM
I'm another last born (Older sister & brother)
So I guess its more nature.

Me too. I'm a last born. :)

However I obviously would not generalize from myself or uniquely from my own experiences. :eek:

I wrote that the first born had only 1.5 time more chance to CD than the last born. It's a slight effect, you can't grasp it only using your own intution or experience in your surroundings. It needs large scale polls, such as for assessing political preferences in the general population. You can't guess that just from yourself. :2c:

Why would you ever think that ?

Nurture effect might be a matter of complex environmental incidences.
For instance - among many other hypotheses - you may hypothetize a specific behaviour of one or both of the parents in reaction against what you are, or how you want - more or less unconsciously - to express your feminity.

Maybe the first born have more pressure to bear from the surroundings, to behave themselves as standard men, than the last born more free to express themselves as they want.
To relieve that higher pressure, first born might evade themselves in CDing more often that last born.
Of course, it's just an hypothesis.

Fab Karen
12-10-2008, 05:06 AM
Another youngest child. If you look at a thousand CD's for example, you begin to fully realize there is no external causation. You are what you are.

sometimes_miss
12-10-2008, 06:14 AM
One older sister; everything to me indicated that life was better for girls when I was a kid. She got more attention, more clothes, more allowance, had several same sex friends (I had none), the list could go on and on. Comparing my own life to hers was a big influence on my own sexual identity in my early years, and who I desperately wanted to be as I grew up. If I had instead had an older brother I can't see how any of my life would have been the same.

deja true
12-10-2008, 06:36 AM
According to the poll results so far, I'm not the only "only child" here!

But I was also a "latch-key" kid! And those extra 3 hours after school on my own with the run of the house, had a great influence on me.

:D

Stephanie Kay
12-10-2008, 01:44 PM
Hi, girls,

1. I'm seeing (so far) that most of us had sisters and it also seems that those with older sisters were influenced (tempted) the most.

2. I don't see any of us influenced (tempted) by younger sisters.

3. Those of us who only had brothers or were the only child most likely were tempted by mom's (an older woman) clothes. I know I was!!

What do you think?

Love,
Stephanie

Sammy777
12-10-2008, 02:57 PM
Why would you ever think that ?

Well, She is 7yrs older then me & growing up 90% of her everyday wardrobe was jeans.

We were close but the age gap had her doing her thing & me doing mine. In more ways then one, lol.

Tess
12-10-2008, 03:22 PM
I had one older brother and we were close enough to be playmates and friends. My sister didn't come along until I was a young teen and had already begun CD'ing so she wasn't an influence.

Nadia-Maria
12-10-2008, 03:30 PM
Hi, girls,

1. I'm seeing (so far) that most of us had sisters and it also seems that those with older sisters were influenced (tempted) the most.

2. I don't see any of us influenced (tempted) by younger sisters.

3. Those of us who only had brothers or were the only child most likely were tempted by mom's (an older woman) clothes. I know I was!!

What do you think?

I think your point 1 is ascertained by the poll's figures, what is not obvious for your other points. Point 2 seems to be a speculation maybe contradicted by some respondents who told us having younger sisters.

IMO, the most intriguing finding from the poll's figures is the following :
There is a striking difference between :
. CDers growing with sisters-only , as many as 50.
. whereas those growing with brothers-only are 21 !!

As there is exactly the same probability to have sisters-only or brothers-only, when you are a genuine boy having grown up in any family of 2 or more childs, this difference of 50 to 21 cannot be attributed to chance at the 99% level of confidence (from the statistical tables).

This would show that CDers having grown with sisters-only are more prone to CD than those having grown with brothers-only. We have to get more voters, but at the moment we can estimate that the ones have more than twice as chances to CD than the others.

This is another finding seeming to prove the influence of nurture on becoming a CDer.
(What doesn't mean that nature has no incidence, and most of us believe nature has one.)

Hugs

Marjory
12-10-2008, 06:43 PM
My 3 year older sister supplied my wardrobe for several years before I grew out of her stuff.
I am 100% sure she knows and will not say anything.

brittdoll
12-10-2008, 06:45 PM
I have one younger sister, I was into dressing before she was born. There was no influence on her part, and obviously I would not wear her clothes.

Paula G
12-10-2008, 07:04 PM
I only have one sister whom I didn't get along with when we were kids, so there was no influence there.

kristinacd55
12-10-2008, 07:06 PM
I played dressup once when I was little and remember it being frowned on by both my brother & sister. So, I just continued on my own!! :)

Jeannie
12-10-2008, 07:07 PM
I had two sisters, one older and one younger and one older brother. As to what impact this had on my CDing, well let me tell you. My older sister wanted a sister when I was born, so she proceeded to dress me in girly baby clothes and push me around in stroller until I got so big I broke the stroller. Everyone tells me that I was to young to remember, but here I am in a skirt and blouse wearing pantyhose and heels so you tell me. Anyway I don't care because I love dressing in womens clothes so thanks sis I love you.

Jeannie

natasha
12-10-2008, 10:41 PM
My dad raised me and only have one brother. There was no female influence at all when growing up. When I first knew something was different about me I had nowhere to turn or explore. Having no one to talk to about it just made me bury it for a long time. NOT ANYMORE!!!!!:D

Bethany_Anne_Fae
12-10-2008, 10:58 PM
We were originally triplets, but my brother died at birth. My sister and I were together until she was 15 and was sent away.

Zarabeth

LeotardMan
12-10-2008, 11:30 PM
I Have an older sister and I used to dress up in a few of her things but most if not all of my CD was in my mom’s clothes. My sister was away at college when I first started CD.

Raven Wynter Rayne
12-11-2008, 12:59 AM
I have two older sisters and two older brothers, the order was girl,boy,girl,boy....then Me!! but I was more drawn toward dressing By the girl next door!!

Ballerina
12-11-2008, 01:30 AM
I live a complicated family life, lol. I have 3 bros, and 3 sis, and I had only lived with 1 up until I was 8. Then, it became a revolving door for the rest of the fam, lol. None of them, not even my mom, has had any influence in my CDing (heck none of them are girly at all). I can easily tell that this is more in my blood, than contributed to my surroundings.

Diane Smith
12-11-2008, 03:50 AM
I was an only child, as was my mother. So it was a very small family, and I had only my mother and grandmothers as female role models and influences.

My mom always said she had expected a girl, never even thought about having a boy, and didn't quite know what to do when one popped out. She didn't say this in any negative way, and told the story as kind of a joke. But she did let me indulge my girly side from an early age -- the ideas were mine, but she went along, among other things, with letting me wear nail polish and lipstick, getting my ears pierced at 9, and buying my own high heels when I was 12.

- Diane

crystal99
12-11-2008, 04:29 AM

Hence you are right to investigate further.

Hugs

I noticed this too, i was reading something a while ago that said first borns usually have to plough the way (which i totally agree with being a first born), as parents have never experienced a child first hand and so find it hard to let them grow up such as stay out til late etc... It could be that first borns tend to be modycodled by parents (mums) leading to a more sensitive side, or that because we have been made strong willed by persistantly breaking barriers we rebel at everything thats been put infront of us. Also first borns tend to be smarter and more successfull.

Interesting, you should do a poll of how many of us are first borns.

Crys xx