PDA

View Full Version : Lately I've been beginning to find men irritating.

Ashley Allison
06-07-2005, 01:05 PM
Like many of you, I have hobbies that I take part in while in male mode that are considered traditionally male activties. While I do enjoy my hobbies and would never give them up, I get really tired of the macho, egotistical morons who make things less about fun and more about making everything a masculine pissing game. :mad:

What's makes it even worse is that when I make it known I don't agree with the common male attitude and won't play their "game", it makes most guys even more pissy. :no:

Sorry about the rant/anti-male diatribe, but sometimes men are so irritating.

Priscilla1018
06-07-2005, 01:15 PM
Hi Ashley,

I agree men are pigs at times.My sport is body building and sometimes the testosterone levels get pretty high and that sucks.However,men and women compeate and while training there are women training right beside me,it keeps things cool and I have made a lot of good friends.

Rachel_740
06-07-2005, 01:15 PM
Tell me about it Allison, I was having a driving lesson a couple of weeks ago (I can drive already, a company I go truck driving for is having new vehicles with computerised gearboxes) and the guys there were constantly making derogatory comments about their wives.

Anne

azure
06-07-2005, 03:03 PM
Ive never been able to cope with the way men always compete, even in conversations, but I guess its a genetic thing and there is a reson for it, though it is utterly sad, ah well, bloody men!! : )

womantrapped2005
06-07-2005, 03:09 PM
It's just a fact that men are annoying and that won't change anytime soon. I've learned to live with it.

Ava Mouse
06-07-2005, 03:59 PM
Yeah, my boss would point out my mistakes in front of everybody, but apologize in private. Others are so afraid of being to blame, or making a mistake. Pride, lots of pride.

A lot of them are really bullys who have only learned to mask their intimidation to get their way...

My workplace is full of testosterone driven goals, aggressive, thoughtless, etc. They make me feel like a wimp if I'm not up to their zeal for their goals...

So, I just gave 'em 2 weeks notice... :dance:

And DRIVING!! Nothing like being bullied by an ultra macho dude in a huge pickup who looks like he hasn't shaved in years, tatoos and a plastic scrotum hanging from the tow hook... Are women seriously attracted to this?!?!

Is being a thoughtful person feminine? Is admitting a mistake and correcting it feminine?

Some men clearly think so.

Others are gentlemanly, and respectful. That's honorable, nor is it feminine.

No wonder women enjoy talking so much to each other...

Wendy me
06-07-2005, 04:28 PM
i see it all the time ...lots of my freind are bikers ....when i had my fill i say something like ....don't get your pantys in a bunch......or you bitch more then any 10 women i know....give it a rest......just remember most guys are not aware of just how stupid thay sound ...most will clame up if you speak up.....ava mouse... dose your company do that devirsty training ?????most do now ...simply say to your boss that his singleing you out is not the correct way to deal with the issue ...and it dose make you feel bad . as well it drives your motavition down.....then say next time perhaps we will have to go top human resorces and have a chatt ...please think before you single me or any one out.......thankyou...

gender_blender
06-07-2005, 04:53 PM
I try to approach all situations with a mutual open-minded consistence of acceptance. If I must deal with egotistical males, however unfortunately cemented in their male gender roles, I attempt to at least instill within them a certain questioning of adopted role in various ways with more respect given to those willing to step out of tradition.
I find extroverted extremists/fundamentalists of any method of thought to be annoying at best.

Charlie

Glamour
06-07-2005, 05:22 PM
true story

TaylorAB
06-07-2005, 06:53 PM
I have found that I am irritated by men more and more. I guess that it's because I know that they are use there macho behavior to hid behind. They are so afraid of being called gay, fem or weak if they show just a hint of real emotion or compassion.

I have found it frustrating for years, that I could not have a real friendship with a man on an emotional level because of this fear that men feel about being vulnerable and admitting that they need to be cared for sometimes. I remember one time that I told a friend once that I loved him and you would have thought that I had asked him out on a date. :(

I've often felt bad about the fact that when I was sad or depressed, that I couldn't call him up and ask him to come sit with me for a while or even if I could come over to his place for support. He tries his best, but it's that male thing that kicks in that says when your buddy is down, get him drunk or tell him to suck it up and be a man.

Often what I need is for someone to be there and just let me lean on them while I cry. I am past the myth that I am not vulnerable. I am past the myth that I don't need anyone. I don't always know what to do and I am afraid at times. This is part of the human situation and I am tired of some people feeling that I shouldn't express what is truly inside of me. I am not made of stone. I am a human being with a mind, spirit and emotions.

JoannaDees
06-07-2005, 07:22 PM
This has been the difference I have always felt. No connection to immature males (well, at least AFTER I figured some stuff out). So I simply don't hang around them too much. I had the family, wife and kids. Well, no wife now, so I need to find some girlfriends I think. I do know some guys that are not immature, competitive, penis-worriers ... and that give women respect.

jo_ann
06-07-2005, 07:34 PM
I hate when men start talking about sports.. about the only sport I can stand is racing (car, bike, etc.).. I find most sports boring, and it really sucks if I'm at a party and that's the conversation.. I just excuse myself and pray there's a geek in the house.

KewTnCurvy GG
06-07-2005, 07:54 PM
LOL, you're just discovering this? I've most of my adult life felt thisl Machismo has no use for me and I find it nauseating. :evilbegon

Stormgirl
06-07-2005, 08:07 PM
Funny because I've been finding a lot of girls very irritating,where can I find a lady in Washington State? Sports talk doesnt bother me unless its about basketball or baseball however they just look at me with a blank stare if I start talking about extreme dangerous sports. Thing I hate about this whole macho thing is the "You pussy" name calling. Gets old real fast,go you big buff linebacker *rolls eyes*

Mira
06-07-2005, 08:10 PM
It's not like men are brainless. But just watching the 2 grounds keepers where I live use the "f" word over and over while planting fresh shrubs around the tree in front of my balcony, I wonder.

My father was extremely homophobic and looking back on how I was raised, it's I wonder I'm not a crack ***** living in a dumpster because accepting myself would have been the greatest sin to mankind.

I notice the older I get, the more female friends I have and the fewer male friends remain.

Rachel Morley
06-07-2005, 08:23 PM
Yeah... men suck!

Or rather not so much men as manly behavior. Along with others who have posted, I agree the whole "having to be a man" thing is really a big problem.
Why is it that if you act or appear in any way non-manly you become feminine and therefore apparently (by macho guy standards) weak and wimpy?

I think women are strong and I feel honored to be seen as feminine by male standards, and quite frankly, women are the majority of humans on the planet.
Men would do well to remember that they are in the minority.

I think most men (even if they don't realize it) are fairly misogynistic in attitude.

Angel

JoannaDees
06-07-2005, 09:27 PM
Society has to change how boys are raised. I read "Raising Caine" and it struck such a hard note in me. Oh yeah. No ****ing wonder. Competition and violence and no emotions.

Remember the commercial about the Dodge truck, the mom was liking so many things, but the guy was macho and look at the hemi? Such an unintended commentary on our society.

girltoy
06-07-2005, 09:45 PM
About the worst experience I've had with this was being told by a friend that "your wife isn't here, you can tell us how you really feel" when I mentioned that I didn't think Paris Hilton was hot. Simply because I disagreed with the majority. I sometimes feel like I work in a double Y chromosome pit! :rolleyes: I sometimes wonder if it would be less painful to be untruthful to who I am and go along with the pack instead of constantly biting my tongue (though, the grooves I've worn in it come in handy!)

JoannaDees
06-07-2005, 09:50 PM
Funny. I at first thought Paris was not hot. But, after throwing away the disgust, she actually is. However, that does NOT make her attractive!

crispy
06-07-2005, 10:43 PM
yeah, men are a pain.

and their toes don't taste too good. :eek: yuck!

Ibuki_Warpetal
06-07-2005, 10:46 PM
Mondo stereotyping.
I just don't hang out with people like that. I thought they only existed in movies. *shrug*

Natasha Anne
06-08-2005, 12:49 AM
I find most men to be morons. I can spot a mile away when a man is ticking off a checklist to get a woman in bed, and when they're serious. No prizes for guessing which happens more!

I must also defend some men though (and by that I mean men who aren't TG/CD etc.). I have some truly remarkable friends who can spend most of their time not pretending to be something they're not. They're still macho idiots some of the time, but more often than not they can be men and still have empathy at least.

The competitive streak, the striving to be the man who beds the most girls, the need to be cool and unemotional is just garbage. I think nature will consign today's men to the garbage heap at some point if they don't move on.

Lastly, I just don't trust them. I've been burned too many times.

DonnaD
06-08-2005, 01:07 AM
I dunno. I guess if you'd call me racist I would be racist against all people men and women that have no common sense or are just plain stupid.

Doesn't really matter the sex, I find both annoying at any given point when they flounder themselves in stupidity.

DonnaD

Alie
06-08-2005, 08:43 PM
I work with all men, very male, very crude.

My wife invites me to do things with her girlfriends, and they tease me that I would like to be one of them.

Only thing they do not have clue of the truth in that statement

Yes men do not feel, I love feelings!

Daniel
06-08-2005, 09:06 PM
I guess what I hate most about men is the "love 'em and leave 'em" attitude that they have towards women. The pressure to score, score, score. Well, I can't "score" unless I treat women like dirt, which I don't want to do. Also, the pressure to have a lot in your pants. The way they make you feel inferior if you're any less than 7 inches. When the average is just under 6... go figure.

Lisa Maren
06-08-2005, 09:08 PM
Hi Girls

Kindly forgive a bit of ranting?

I find men irritating as hell, too! lol I know guys who almost constantly blame anything disorganized, embarassing or otherwise negative on their SOs (as if "their sh** don't stink"). I just want to slap their teeth out (but I'm too much of a lady lol)!

For the life of me, I simply cannot understand why men insist on doing the stupid, immature things they do. Boys I can easily forgive because they don't mature as fast or as early as the girls, but grown men? I don't understand why they think that if they are the least bit cooperative, helpful or sensitive to the needs of their SOs they're being "whipped"? Who's the testosterone-overdosed chimpanzee that declared it a *bad* thing to be cooperative, helpful and sensitive to the needs of *the woman you love*??

I could continue to rant and rave about male comments on everything from cars to... well, everything. lol But I won't. Suffice it to say, I know when my point is already made. :)

'Nuff said.

No wonder I cross dress! lol

Hugs,
Lisa

Tristen Cox
06-09-2005, 11:51 AM
I find men, their egos and all mighty "I'm better than you and the only way to beat me is to be more of an a****le" attitude rediculous most of the time. Granted I have meet a few bitches too (just ask Tamara) :eek: :D But men can get on my f***ing nerves :rolleyes:

Stephenie
06-09-2005, 01:05 PM
I too have found males irrataiting for as long as I can remember. Sports talk, as if they could do better, on monday mornings is why I start my work so fast. And bragging about the wayward wife they had the night before should make all thier friends what to kick them in the b**ls.

racquel
06-10-2005, 03:20 AM
I also find men to be getting on my nerves more and more.Having been in mostly all male enviroments over the years,military,aviation,farming,I have very few men I can spend any amount of time with.
They are a$$e$. :(

DanaJ
06-10-2005, 05:17 AM
I have always found it much easier to be friends with females, and my best friend is a GG. I have lots of female friends and you know what I have noticed???

In my experiences, they are just like guys! They may not talk sports or cars all the time, but you ought to hear them brag about sexual conquests, and especially the way they talk about guys they want. Competitive?? OMG, women can be just as competitive as men, sometimes more. You should be in a salon, just hanging out sometime..... the infighting, back stabbing, petty squabbles - wow. Once you are accepted as a true friend, "one of the girls" so to speak, you really start to hear similar things that I hear from my "macho" friends...

And guess what? Almost every woman I know wishes they could work with men exclusively! Yep, they consider men easier to work with, easier to get along with, etc.

So, what I am saying here is that it is not all men or women who have a lock on the characteristics everyone have mentioned here. It is people in general ;)

I now return you to your male-bashing thread....

DanaJ

norbie
06-10-2005, 05:41 AM
Now, now Tristen, Tamara is such a nice young Lady. Be careful she will whip you into shape. Just kidding! Back to the tread:
Just remember, Gods last creation was his greatest: Eve.
And man was made before her to serve and support her.
Naughty Norbie :p

Ibuki_Warpetal
06-10-2005, 05:48 PM
Well said Dana.

And remember, male cliques don't have d.u.f.f.s. :D

paulaN
06-10-2005, 06:25 PM
well said dana. I have seen the same thing. most of the time at a party I would rather be with the women. I'm more comfy with them.