PDA

View Full Version : Are we More Sensitive?

Penelope
12-10-2008, 01:26 AM
I have to ask if being a CD/TG or having a predisposition to CDing, makes one more sensitive?,or even more emotional?.

I myself am a sensitive and caring type and make no excuses for it,it was just the way I was raised and ok probably a little molly-coddled by my mum.
She often treated me a bit like a girl,while my younger brother was practically a tomcat out until all hours,I had to let her know where I was often.

We have been told for years that 'women are the gentler and more caring gender', but do you agree?.In the last few years I notice a number of women dressing less feminine and asserting themselves(particularly 18-25 age group or so) and not caring how they come across, NO offence,just an observation.

Do we as CD/TG types emulate the qualities we seek in women?,or do you think it is a natural part of our femme selves?.

There that should get you debating, lol

Hugs to all

P :hugs:

AmandaM
12-10-2008, 01:32 AM
I don't know, but I'm way emotional, way.

JennyII23
12-10-2008, 02:04 AM
sensitive?,or even more emotional?.hehehe well let me tell you I am specially around with my GF when she's moddy and stuff....space is a good thing :hugs:

jina
12-10-2008, 02:10 AM
I was more emotional than either the boys or the girls growing up, and now as well actually (although now I have experience with which to temper it). Several times over the course of my elementary school career I burst out crying right in front of my classmates (much to my embarrassment).

I think it's a chicken and egg proposition,... much like the TG; "is it nature or nurture" question.

Shelly67
12-10-2008, 02:11 AM
I think its probable . I also consider it to be true that after time has passed and you become a certain age ( sob - I,m still 21 really ) I think maturity hits you , really sinks in and reality becomes so obvious - you see the wood for the trees for the first time , so to speak . We calm down . Perhaps becoming more considerate even. We may even lower our guard slightly.We become more emotional with age.
But , there are an awful lot of people who are certainly kind , considerate and generally warm individuals , probably very aware of themselves , but in being so , cautious of the people around them . Its horrid , but true there is a stigma attached to showing emotion and some people openly abuse those who show theyre feelings......I find that ignorant and offensively abusive.
After all its happened to each and every one of us , we show kindness to our fellow beings , be it work mates , or family even , only to have it thrown in our faces further down the line , making us cautious and perhaps a little insecure and defensive.
I,m not saying for our considerate kindness and emotion we should be rewarded , my only outlook in life is to be regarded and spoken to in the manner of which I speak and consider others . If people in general do me wrong ,speak to me or act in a manner that offends then I quietly let them be , but certainly showing my angst and displeasure by walking away. If they continue , well , my male side rises and certainly becomes vocal.
And I hate that.
Does,nt cost a penny to be kind ......but as we all know ,there are some real tight fisted people out there ......... of both genders too.

DanaR
12-10-2008, 03:09 AM
I'm an emotional person and have always thought of myself as being caring and kind. I've met others within our community that don't seem to share those same traits. I think that you still have to be careful, not everyone is the same.

happy2cd
12-10-2008, 04:05 AM
I am guessing that the answer is yes for me.

I have had a better time dealing with and raising the kids than my wife. I am somewhat more patient with them. Women have always seemed to think that I am too nice, or too good to them, so I have often been their "friend" when I have wanted to be much more.

So while I am still physical and sometimes quick to anger, I find that I have a place that I can draw from that allows me to be caring, understanding, and trusting in ways that seem different from other men. (This is not always a good thing, by the way.) Whether that has anything to do with the fact that I lke to put on women's clothing, I can't say for sure, neither can I say it is unrelated.

Joanne f
12-10-2008, 05:04 AM
I have become a very emotional person lately and i would say that i am a over sensitive person , not a good combination :heehee:.

joanne

Karren H
12-10-2008, 06:35 AM
Well good question but as compared to what or whom? I know non crossdressing guys that are way more emotional than I and I know women that are cold and calculating.. And since I don't know how I would have turned out had I not wandered into my mothers closet... I truely can not say if I am more sensative because I crossdress...

Could be the opposite ya know.. We crossdress because we are more sensative.. If we truley are?

deja true
12-10-2008, 06:47 AM
Chicken and egg, indeed!

It may be that dressing makes us feel more vulnerable and therefore understand the sensitivities of others better...

or...

It may be that a more sensitive inborn nature makes the (supposedly) delicate feminine sensibility more attractive to us...

Either way...yeah! I cry a bit more than normal, I guess. And I like chick flicks (but not just for the clothes!). :D

erickka
12-10-2008, 07:35 AM
I have always had a much larger heart than most people (guys) that I knew. I was,and still am, much more caring and compassionate for people in general.I have alyays offered that shoulder to cry on, ear to listen and that extra hand to help, without thinking twice. I think that if more people in general were that way, this would be a much nicer world to live in.

Bethany38
12-10-2008, 07:59 AM
I would like to believe that we as being whom we are tend to be more sensitive and caring. I have always told women that I have dated this was due to being raised by three women, but now adays I am not so sure. It could be from my fem side poking through. I know that when I become Bethany my sensitivity really shows through, and I feel more relaxed alowing this side to show at those times. When I am in male mode I am really just an asshole or so I am told. I wonder if this is due to the fact that I can not allow the real me to shine through that I have to hide her from fear of family and society reaction. I wonder what the rest of you think?

Karren H
12-10-2008, 08:23 AM
.......... When I am in male mode I am really just an asshole or so I am told. I wonder if this is due to the fact that I can not allow the real me to shine through that I have to hide her from fear of family and society reaction. I wonder what the rest of you think?

Well you asked....... I have a hard time understand how clothing can change ones personality that drastically.. Yeah I can see making you feel more or less comfortable.. You sound like you have a massive amount of pent up anger... And I have no clue how you could solve that but I'd say you need to seek some help before it become more destructive... In my humble opinion...

I

Kate Simmons
12-10-2008, 08:23 AM
It depends on the individual person mostly.:)

Sarasometimes
12-10-2008, 08:26 AM
I think I'm am more aware of peoples feelings than your "typical male' but emotional can mean so many things. Guys who get angry really quick would be emotional in that way. I think of myself more as a considerate person than an emotional person. Now in a related topic, I find that when dressed i am much less likely to get agree. I mean i can get cut off by some numbnut on the highway enfemme and just shake it off where in male mode it would get me PO'ed (I now skip the rage and gesturesfor safety's sake and recommend everyone does the same).

MJ
12-10-2008, 08:29 AM
I'm like way emotional i cry when i'm happy i cry when i'm sad , movies are the worst .. and i cry at weddings too ..hint hint :battingeyelashes:

Mary Jane
12-10-2008, 09:05 AM
I doubt it has anything to do with me being a crossdresser because I have always been very sensitive and emotional. I would much rather be that way than a cold hearted SOB. I have known too many like that.

Cathytg
12-10-2008, 10:17 AM
I really feel that the gender issues within us (not always the same as the CD and not at all the same as the sex) makes us more sensitive. My wife will say the same thing many times over. Certainly we can all point to exceptions and extremes, but, as a general rule, I think that we are more sensitive and empathetic than other males.

Bethany38
12-10-2008, 11:28 AM
Karen I thank you for your honesty. You always seem to have good responses too peoples ?'s. I love your look and wonderful outlook on life. If you ask my Wife she would have a totally different discription of me than I posted. Sometimes I confuse myself. The people that say these things of me I sometimes think I should not listen to so intently. My kids love me as my wife does I just wish sometimes that I could let all the world know whom I really am. Any how Karen I thank you.:).

Laura Evans
12-10-2008, 12:09 PM
Well good question but as compared to what or whom? I know non crossdressing guys that are way more emotional than I and I know women that are cold and calculating.. And since I don't know how I would have turned out had I not wandered into my mothers closet... I truely can not say if I am more sensative because I crossdress...

Could be the opposite ya know.. We crossdress because we are more sensative.. If we truley are?

I agree I don't think the clothing you are wearing changes who you are. As to whether CD's are more sensitive, etc and may be the reason we CD I doubt we will ever find the answer nor is it important that we do. We are who we are.

Karren H
12-10-2008, 12:35 PM
Karen I thank you for your honesty. You always seem to have good responses too peoples ?'s. I love your look and wonderful outlook on life. If you ask my Wife she would have a totally different discription of me than I posted. Sometimes I confuse myself. The people that say these things of me I sometimes think I should not listen to so intently. My kids love me as my wife does I just wish sometimes that I could let all the world know whom I really am. Any how Karen I thank you.:).

See... You don't sound like an A hole to me!! ...... Unless your dressed enfemme when you responded.. Lol

:)

Angel.Marie76
12-10-2008, 01:44 PM
I can say, fairly clearly, that as far back as I can remember I've been a very sensitive and emotional person. When interacting with various people though the cold, calculating side sometimes sneaks out.

I've always been supportive and caring to my friends, family, and passersby, though I don't believe that I can attribute those emotions directly to CDing.. HOWEVER -- I can say that, when shifting into my femme role, it seems like I become even more emotional (and I'm not even on hormones yet! - I hear that can sometimes be a heck of a roller coaster) about everything and myself. MUCH more sensitive. I would attribute that to just not having a firm strength in Angel's total character.

I would / am certainly hoping that, as Angel grows older, the strength grows with her.

Schatten Lupus
12-10-2008, 02:05 PM
I've also been more sensitive and emotional. I've also been good at hiding it though.

Sammy777
12-10-2008, 05:51 PM
I think some of us are, & some are not.
Just like any other group of people.

Me personally, I would say I am probably more sensitive then the avg Joe but probably not much more emotional then him.

I sort of like a Tootsie Pop.
Hard on the outside & soft n chewie on the inside, lol

Same as being seen as a Grizzly bear by strangers &
a Teddy bear by friends / family.

I have GG friends that just love that I actually listen to them & I'm someone they feel they can really talk to.

I don't know how much of that comes from this or the fact I just happen to be a good listener?

If I can figure out all of these mysteries then Cold Fusion will be a snap! lol

Tomara
12-10-2008, 06:05 PM
I am very sensitive and emotional person no matter what clothes I am wearing , and I think that is passed down from my mother as she is the same way.
Tomara

jessielee
12-10-2008, 06:09 PM
have beat myself up over this a lot. called names as a child for being soft and emotional, decided if i were a girl, i'd be seen as normal and maybe likable. does this mean i think GGs are stereotypically more emotional and more sensitive? we've all seen the exceptions. and this is not to limit any GG the right to be as hard and assertive as she wants.
but i felt emotional, caring, artistic, empathic and gentle as a child and appreciated the way i saw girls interacting in and out of school.
for better or for worse, hearing i behaved "female" or worse for so long, years before trying on a stitch of femme wear, i wished i'd been born female.
and now, acting it out.
which came first? sensitivity.
ouch,
jessie

CD Susan
12-11-2008, 11:06 PM
I have always been very sensitve and emotional. It does not take much at all to make me cry. I cry at weddings, when I watch a sad movie and when I hear certain music. I wish I could control these emotions but I cannot. I have been this way for as long as I can remember. I was always picked on as a child because I was so 'girly' and not 'macho' enough to be like the rest of the guys. This has carried on into my adult life so I guess I will always be this way. It is not that bad though as I enjoy the way I am and would not want to be any other way.

Ballerina
12-12-2008, 01:57 AM
This is definitely a question that I have pondered over. I have always been the one to rely heavily on my emotions to do mostly everything for me. I can usually "macho" up when absolutely needed, but I have been known to bust out bawling over some situations.

But, then again, there are countries/cultures out there where it IS OK for a man to cry out in the open and not have to hold everything back. So, it may not just be our CDing and open feelings, but rather how well we can choose to mask ourselves in the "macho manly" aspects. Personally, I don't like it, but that's society for ya..

Susan4
12-12-2008, 02:04 AM
I can only talk for me ... obviously.

En drab ... people would probably say that I am rather stoic ... and not very emotional. Nothing much gets me angry ... or upset.

However, I think I'm very emotional. I cry at movies ... hell, I cry even thinking about some movies ... or reading some news stories. I just hide it.

I doubt this has much to do with CDing, however, ... I think emotional affect is something one is born with. There is a continuum with considerable overlap between men and women - of any sort.

Hugs
Susan

Samantha Kelsey
12-12-2008, 03:53 AM
I find that I'm far more emocional now than I ever was before "coming out". Maybe it's because I think thats how I should be as a feminine being

jessiejess112
12-12-2008, 04:10 AM
I was also seen as "soft" and therefore harrassed by the other kids in school, and they always seemed to notice I was different. But, like somebody mentioned before, those experiences actually made me a stronger person.
Besides all the problems of everyday life, we as CDs, also have to deal with a big part of our sexuality being tied to wanting to dress as the opposite sex.
I think all these issues are why many of us are more sensitive and more understanding to the problems of others.

izzfan
12-12-2008, 11:16 AM
This is an interesting one.... at times I can be way more emotional than most guys but most people don't see it. I guess that I really do have trouble showing and recognizing emotions. For most of the time I was in 6th form (age 16-18) I was pretty boring and outwardly emotionless, maybe this was all to conceal the fact that I had a feminine side, a bisexual side and a kinky side. I guess that was what being in the closet does to you (I'm partially out about being a CD and being Bi, the kinky side is still pretty much in the closet). The wierd thing was that when I was in school, I used to get bullied somewhat in the earlier years of secondary school and maybe this was because I was so emotional back then (also I was a bit of a nerd and quite religious too, of course when I realised at the age of 13 that I was a CD the religious beliefs I held then caused me no end of problems...)

I guess living in secrecy for all those years (and all the accompanying self-loathing etc...) has made me quite a nervous person, especially in some social situations. I guess the emotion other people see most in me is probably fear.

Also, there are a lot of emotions which I try not to think about too much as I know it would end up depressing me too much... eg: my total abject terror of being in a relationship (this applies more to possible heterosexual relationships than homosexual ones... I think having a boyfriend would be quite a nice thing... but I have been unable to find one) and the lonliness that I occasionally feel and the social awkwardness that almost always occurs when I am the only single one in a group of couples, that accompanies this. On the other hand, being single gives me a lot more freedom and I would be reluctant to give this up.

Yes, I do have emotions and, at times, other people do see them but usually I tend to experience them more intensely when I am alone and/or when I am CDing.

Sorry about the long post...