PDA

View Full Version : Polymorphous

Magickman
12-10-2008, 03:02 PM
Like others who dress in public, I occasionally have to fend off questions such as, "Are you gay?" "Do you like boys or girls?" "Which bathroom do you use?"

My recent brainstorm is that, rather than return the rudeness, I could just retort, "No, I am polymorphous." ( having, assuming, or occurring in various forms, characters, or styles)

Karren H
12-10-2008, 05:19 PM
I don't really consider that rudeness.. Guess depends on how it is presented.. But sounds like a great opertunity to educate the public to me..

KellyCD
12-10-2008, 05:27 PM
I like that idea.

Mostly because I know that if I said that about 98% of the people i've met would have no idea what that means.

I love beating people over the head with a intellectual hammer.

Karren H
12-10-2008, 08:55 PM
Ohhh and it probably wouldn't stop the questions, in my humble opinion.

So do you like boy polymorphs and are ther boy polymorphs? Are the girls called polly-morphs and the boys called Jimmy-morphs? Is there polymorph restrooms? :D

balletchick
12-10-2008, 09:05 PM
I always use the line from the David Lynch movie Wild At Heart if a stranger asks me a stupid question.... Just say....

" I have a dog that barks some" pause " now I know you can picture the dog even though I haven't told you what kind of dog it is" at that point they will think you're nuts and wished they hadn't said anything to you to begin with LOL

Airazor
12-10-2008, 09:53 PM
I love beating people over the head with a intellectual hammer.

Right on sister! I love using big words and just waiting for people to start staring into space and tilt their head to the side like a german shepherd when you ask it about the stock market :p

Rachel Morley
12-10-2008, 10:10 PM
That's a good one! :) I like that a lot. Believe it or not, I've actually never been asked that type of question (yet). If I did, I think my answer would be "why do you want to know?"

nicole123
12-11-2008, 08:42 PM
Good answer, however I think this is what most will think Polymorphous is.

Intertwined
12-11-2008, 10:55 PM
Like others who dress in public, I occasionally have to fend off questions such as, "Are you gay?" "Do you like boys or girls?" "Which bathroom do you use?"

My recent brainstorm is that, rather than return the rudeness, I could just retort, "No, I am polymorphous." ( having, assuming, or occurring in various forms, characters, or styles)

Ive never head that term before...

I don't think im gay, I might be, I might be bi, ive even joked and said I might be Tri (for everything in between both extremes)

Sally2005
12-12-2008, 01:07 AM
If anyone talks to me while I'm CDing I feel like a deer caught in headlights...I'm in too much shock to think of something smart to say... but the most appropriate for a polite question and what makes you feel the best is to give an honest answer. Otherwise, try saying 'why do you ask?'...

marny
12-12-2008, 02:10 AM
POLLY ANNA ? WHAT ? QUOIN? . HEH HE!!! First time I've seen any one one up Karen. You rock balletchick! No worries Karen. You will always rock to!:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Susan4
12-12-2008, 02:34 AM
I used to work as a probation officer ... and one that the major difference between the guys that end up on probation and the rest of us ... was attitude.

When a cop stopped their car ... most of us just say, "Yes, officer? Can I help you?" or some similar, but polite, variant. The guys that rage and end up doing something that gets them in jail, are much more likely to say .. "Yeah, what the F@@k do you want?"

The police officer, being human, responds in kind. With politeness or with attitude. And, it accelerates from there.

I like what Karen said. It makes no sense to escalate the situation. If they didn't mean to be rude, we're the ones that started being 'rude' by making a smart allecky comment. If they were rude ... or if they asked an honest question with an 'edge' ... we've just made it worse.

Wouldn't it be better to say something like?

Actually, I use the men's washroom. I'm a man, I only dress like a women
Gay? No. A lot of people think that. But, in fact, the vast majority of crossdressors are straight.
I date women, why do you ask? or Actually, I'm married to a wonderful women. You?
Or, as many have suggested ... answering a question with a question is always a good tactic
Good question, why do you ask?
Glad that you're interested. Have you ever thought of crossdressing?
Someone who is interested in crossdressing, great. Have you ever done it yourself?
Join us, I'd be happy to answer any of your questions about crossdressing? Is there any reason why you're interested?

Of course, if you DO want to use the polymorphous gambit ... that works too.

Great question. Actually, I consider myself rather polymorphous. Today, I feel like a women. Tomorrow, who knows? How about you?

Hugs
Susan

Samantha Kelsey
12-12-2008, 03:37 AM
I wish that people would ask me those questions, mostly they seem to stare then pretend they haven't seen me.
Maybe I would answer "why, I'm a lesbian"

Carroll
12-12-2008, 06:30 AM
Polymorphous doesn't really work. Lets try this: No, I am a polymorph, I am Polymorphic, I do practice polymorphinism, I am polymophinite, and of course,a gathering of us is a mighty power polymorphapride.

Yes, Its 630am Eastern time, and I have been up since 230am:D

deja true
12-12-2008, 06:46 AM
The best defense is a good offense, hunny!

I'd engage first with a pleasant approach. "Hi! I see that you're interested in what i'm doing, in my presenation! Have you met many others like me? Got any questions? Are you scared? Why?"

I wouldn't think of it as 'fending off' questions. I'd think of it as proselytizing for the cause!

As long as they're not being aggressive and challenging, just curious, it's a great opportunity to broaden a few minds...

:)