PDA

View Full Version : :D Embarrassing crossdressing thing/joke said today....

heathr1
06-07-2005, 02:24 PM
At work, believe it or not, a few people began talking about crossdressers.

Cannot believe what the boss said.

OK, she's never met my parents, or even spoken to them, but she joked, saying for all I know my mother could regularly have my father wearing a leather skirt and having him do the housework for her.

She has a leather skirt too! :D

womantrapped2005
06-07-2005, 02:57 PM
:D Nice.

StephanieCD
06-07-2005, 03:24 PM
Isn't it weird when there are jokes like that around you?

Sometimes it makes me wonder... "where'd they get that idea from"

;)

Stephenie
06-07-2005, 03:27 PM
Are you sure that she doesn't know your parents? :eek: Just kidding

Mira
06-07-2005, 06:41 PM
I had something similar happen to me at work. I was working on a presentation with 5 other people and I chose to "drive" the computer while the others verbally gave suggestions and edits. I seemed to be the faster typer and I'm a bit anal watching others navigate powerpoint. Anyways, someone says to add the word "cross-training" and me, naturally typed "cross-dresser." I stared, then proceeded to backspace over it. Too late, a bit of laughter went up and the smartass in the group comments on that being a Fruedian slip. I naturally replied, "Wanna see what I'm wearing?" and smiled. The room burst into laughter and we moved on. It was odd because for a brief moment, I wanted to run through the building announcing to everyone that I was a crossdresser.

Rachel Morley
06-07-2005, 07:02 PM
That's pretty funny Mira :)

jo_ann
06-07-2005, 07:37 PM
I have a funny story, maybe this has happened to some of you. The subject came up by my mother when I was like 14. She said she saw some transgender person at a bar, and she said "it was sickening", and I'm just rolling my eyes going "glad I never came out to you".. interesting to hear people's honest opinion when they don't know that they're not supposed to be talking about something a certain way in front of you.

JoAnnDallas
06-07-2005, 07:44 PM
It's interesting how far we have come. Men today can wear ear rings, goto a hair salon, wear jewelry, and even get their nail done at a nail salons (according to my sister).

jo_ann
06-07-2005, 07:59 PM
and gays are nearly perfectly accepted, but how often are transgender beaten, or fired because we're not matching our "gender"... gender isn't about body parts, it's about the mind. oh when will people learn.

Jeri Kay
06-07-2005, 08:47 PM
;)
I have a funny story, maybe this has happened to some of you. The subject came up by my mother when I was like 14. She said she saw some transgender person at a bar, and she said "it was sickening", and I'm just rolling my eyes going "glad I never came out to you".. interesting to hear people's honest opinion when they don't know that they're not supposed to be talking about something a certain way in front of you.
Know what you mean,JoAnn.Myoldest son stopped by with his GG today and,at some point, they started telling us about a crossdresser who comes into their office.
They were laughing and telling about her big tattoos on her forearms, how tall he was, and how she made them want to throw up.
I wondered," What would yuo say if you knew about me,Son?"
It's kind of dis-hearting.

Paula Rae
06-07-2005, 09:18 PM
Hey Mira,
Thats the funniest story I've heard in ages, and I loved your responce "Wanna see what I'm wearing?"

You get my vote for Best Story of the Day. If you don't mind? I'll copy and paste it to my collection of True Funny Stories.

Ricki

girltoy
06-07-2005, 09:34 PM
Luckily, my step-daughter is pretty open-minded (she's a tomboy), but my wife and I still don't discuss anything me dressing ... and we both agree that she'd be pretty traumatized if she caught me en femme.

One thing that I've heard at work is everyone referring to transgenders as "transformers." The funniest, tho, are two guys who constantly joke about being gay with each other but who are about the biggest bashers of non-heteros that I've ever met. Well, they accept lesbians (what is it with guys who think lesbians are cool but everyone else is disgusting??). :confused:

Serena
06-07-2005, 11:53 PM
I agree with you girltoy on the lesbian thing, I know why guys accept lesbians, but I don't get the turn on. And I'm straight. But what I also don't get is people bashing bi people (it might not happen that much, but it does happen), I mean, they like the same AND opposite sex, so what's the problem?

I kinda have a story. When I was entering High School, I got a new look to make myself more feminine, and one of the things was shacing my arms and legs for "track" (which I did do, and I was actually a pretty fast runner), and I my sister didn't see why I had to do that, but there was a reason behind it, and my mom'slike "Why would you want to shave your legs? That's so feminine.", and I'm thinking "That's the sole reason."

But there are also weird moments, because I was once playing a video game with my friends (yes, I still play them, and one of the characters could transform from one sex to another (it's my avatar, if you don't know who that is), so they started yelling "crossdresser!" just as a joke, and I was already acting hyped on Coca Cola, so I just yelled out "CD power!", and they all just laughed.

Ibuki_Warpetal
06-08-2005, 12:06 AM
One thing that I've heard at work is everyone referring to transgenders as "transformers."
Robots in disguise?

http://www.transformerland.com/store/image/Transformers-Potluck.jpg

I guess that's kinda the same.

Ask him if he thinks were looking for the autobot matrix to help us defend cybertron from the Deceptacons. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/|Z|Ryuken/lol.gif

because I was once playing a video game with my friends
SSMB?

jessbcuzz
06-08-2005, 05:17 AM
It is so funny to listen to others bash gays, lesbians, CD's, Bi's, and all that. At work last night, I over heard one lady talking to another lady about one of the guys that is "gay". I put that in quotation because no one knows for sure. But if he is, that's fine. Who cares. Anyways, the women said that she heard he dressed up on the weekends. I had wanted to butt in and say "hey, if he does so what? I have on a really comfortable yellow cotton panty", but didn't. If she only knew what I like to do most of the time! People!

Kimberly
06-08-2005, 05:49 AM
Last night me and a friend were watching Billy Elliot (UK film about a lad who wants to do ballet...)

It's part of our Media A level course, and so we have to analyse it........ There's a scene in which Billy's mate opens the door in a dress (one of his sister's, we later find out.) Now when this happened my friend laughed - and when we've watched it as a class, people have also laughed at this moment. And there's me... wondering whether to laugh along with them or tell them off. He he.... I just keep schtum normally, but it's always something I have to think about - and I feel embarrassed.

When people joke about men becoming "girls" or being "girly" - especially if they are about me - I just play along. I got told I was an "honourary girl" by my GG friend, because I don't tend to hang out with the lads... I just said, "Thank you" and smiled. I think I've got to that stage where I don't care, and people can think what they like. It's not outing myself, and it's not lying to anyone. :)

:Power:

Serena
06-09-2005, 12:06 AM
SSMB?
I think you meant SSBM, but yes, that's the game. I'm glad there's another anime/video game fan on this board :D

Ibuki_Warpetal
06-09-2005, 12:12 AM
I think you meant SSBM, but yes, that's the game. I'm glad there's another anime/video game fan on this board :D
Samus all the way. :thumbsup:

Tasha Norval
06-09-2005, 01:08 AM
ha! I love that game! I tried a demo in Best Buy last summer, and tried Zelda out. For some reason, I like her transformation move...I wonder why. :) Then a another guy challenges me and makes some smart comment about me choosing the girl. Whatever. Long story short...I totally mopped the floor with him before the game reset. And it was...strangely satisfying.

:Power:

-sigh- anyway, I don't really have an embarrasing story but I do overhear guys talking this metrosexual trend. I keep thinking: "if you think that's unbeleivable, you should see me." I never chime in. Even saying "crossdress" in public makes me blush.

jjjjohanne
06-09-2005, 04:37 AM
Back to the typeo... I have found I cannot type words beginning with "ho" without ending them with "se". So I will be typing anyhow and it comes out anyhose. It makes me nervous. I am a programmer and I will occasionally have a peer looking over my shoulder while I am coding or commenting my code. I have done this so many times by accident while coding alone, I figure it is going to happen one day! Wonder whether they will notice....

mariej
06-09-2005, 05:36 AM
About 5 years ago I was at work on a break and we were sitting around a table in the mess room.
One of the guys was reading a tabloid rag (newspaper) and out of the blue piped up with "It says in here that 1 in 10 men are transvestites" We all looked around the table and there were 10 of us sat there!!! So the guy reading the paper then says "OK who is it?"
Jesus!! I must have gone scarlet! I felt like Peter Sellers in Dr Strangelove! I literally had to grab my right hand with my left to prevent it from being raised!!
Close but no cigar!!
L&P
Mariej
xx

azure
06-09-2005, 06:31 AM
My gran was really got on teaching me the awarness and understaning of proverbs, and its suprising how they ring true. Often the truth will find a path in humour! it is remarkable though that there is an "acceptance" of gay people, the coolness of gay women, the exlusivity of gay men, the mystery of bisexual people, yet they do still experince overt hostility, it is the cd/tg community who provoke extremes of comment. I know it is not PC to say, but if one is gay, then you can go through life, do your job, have relationships and not a soul need know. But because of the overt nature of our experience, the effects of being cd or tg sends its ripples or tidal waves into many aspects of our lives. this in NOT an anti gay statement, its simply a statement of how life is and our frustration of how rigid society can be. I have found myself in a situation where, I find revulsion and acute unhappiness in living everyday as a male, I feel I am a mistake, not meant to be here, and if I am ment to be here then I am meant to be female. Yet if I go back to live as a woman the insurrection it will cause will be profound and damage me and everyone around me. I cannot have a relationship, because it is simply not fair to expect a woman to cope with the fact that I do not wish to live as a man an longer, and telling her that I just enjoy dressing up would be a lie.
ok, on a lighter note, when I pick up women in my cab and they often say "ooo I had to take a cab I couldnt walk any further in these heels!" I cannot resist repying" Ooo I know the feeling hun, its murder isnt it!" that begins some very funny conversations I can tell you, but I never ever let on, its just a bit of cab drivers banter, makes em laugh and feel safer : )