PDA

View Full Version : Why do I enjoy going out dressed so much

StephanieT
12-10-2008, 08:23 PM
Lately I have been trying to get out and about as much as possible. I really do enjoy getting out dressed. I am trying to figure out why I like it so much. Is it the challenge? Is it a part of me that I am just starting to understand? Why is this becoming such a part of me?

Rochelle Exploration
12-10-2008, 08:39 PM
Stephanie,

Those sound like questions you can only answer for yourself. I acknowledge having the same feelings and would have to say for me it’s because I am truly acknowledging who I am and just want to be me, where ever I am.

StephanieT
12-10-2008, 08:52 PM
Stephanie,

Those sound like questions you can only answer for yourself. I acknowledge having the same feelings and would have to say for me it’s because I am truly acknowledging who I am and just want to be me, where ever I am.

Yes I know I can only answer these questions for myself. I am just looking for some free therapy advice. I am sure others here have asked the same questions and found some answers. Their insights would be valuable to me.

captain-kirsten
12-10-2008, 09:21 PM
I think for me it is the feeling of looking good and staying young feeling. I haven't passed putting on a bra and having breast yet in public, but love wearing tight pants and smoothness of feeling sexy.

Karren H
12-10-2008, 09:22 PM
Therapy isn't free and "free therapy" probably isn't very good therapy...

And I have no clue why I love to go out.. Its all part of the "being driven to crossdress" thingie.. For me..

Sallee
12-10-2008, 09:30 PM
Simple Answer "Fun" I'll leave it at that

StephanieT
12-10-2008, 09:33 PM
Simple Answer "Fun" I'll leave it at that
Yes, but is it fun like a Disneyland ride or is it something more? I think it is something more but what is it?

Rachel Morley
12-10-2008, 09:50 PM
Yes, but is it fun like a Disneyland ride or is it something more?
The first time out for me was definitely like a Disneyland ride. Scary and exciting all rolled into one! As a matter of fact, I kinda miss that scary side :( .. it's still a thrill but it's not the same anymore.

sharli61
12-10-2008, 10:00 PM
I think the other you feel is the discovery of a whole new you that has been repressed and is now free. (like they said "free Therapy" isn't always right):2c:

paulaN
12-10-2008, 10:01 PM
I don't know why I like it so much. Heck I love it. It makes me feel good, I find it exciting. It's a challenge to pass. I have a good time when out. Ummm I guess that's why I like it so much.

StephanieT
12-10-2008, 10:07 PM
(like they said "free Therapy" isn't always right):2c:
Having spent many years in therapy for other issues, I have discovered that the therapist cannot give you the answers. The answers come from you. Asking questions and getting others points of view will help you discover your true self. I have spent hundreds of hours in group therapy,the best questions to help me have come from others with the same issues.

StacyCD
12-10-2008, 10:18 PM
Sometimes it seems silly to ask the question but could there be anything sillier than men wearing women's clothing? I like lobster--I really can't explain why, I just do. The same with crossdressing except that I also have a need to crossdress, whereas I could live without lobster. Ultimately, the only way you'll get my bra and panties away from me is prying them out of my cold dead fingers! Good luck!

Butterfly Bill
12-10-2008, 10:42 PM
It's something you once wanted to do but couldn't, and now you can, so you do it and it's a rush. It isn't any more complicated than that.

StephanieT
12-10-2008, 10:46 PM
Kind of like a rush on drugs but without the drugs. An internal high.

Sally2005
12-11-2008, 12:06 AM
I don't claim to have the answer, but I've given it some thought. At first I got dressed up at home in private because I was too scared and felt shame and basically didn't believe I could go out without being discovered/laughed at or worse. It evolved in to dressing to pass and discovering that it was possible to look reasonable (to my own disbelief). Then I started to feel like it took too much effort to get dressed up just to stay home where I would get bored and I wondered if I really could pull it off in public in daytime. I tried it and discovered I could...about this time I felt like I reached a plateau and fulfilled a lifetime goal...I could finally say 'I did it, instead of wondering if I could'. Now, going out is more about an escape, it is like a mini vacation and it is actually the most enjoyable it has ever been. I feel like after meeting a certain level of success, the only next level would be full time or transition...and in my heart, I know that's not where I'm headed so I have accepted that I am just a male with a desire to dress and sometimes I feel like a woman (I'll probably never know why), so I might as well try to enjoy who I am and take some of the best of both worlds.

marny
12-11-2008, 12:42 AM
StephanietT. I think you answered your own question. You want to get out .....and... you want to get out! i think most of us do, we will feel much more comforatable if we're not trying to hide and we would love to be accepted. Baby steps Hon!.

Paula T
12-11-2008, 12:56 AM
I had decent answer for that but I don't. Its just a feeling and it is FUN and even somewhat SCARY and I don't know one should be scared of.:daydreaming:

CD Susan
12-11-2008, 02:57 AM
Stephanie, I don't know what your reasons are but mine are to express the feminine side of me. When I am out dressed I have this great sense of being free to be who I am. You could call it a high because it really is for me. It is also just so much fun! I live for doing this.

erickka
12-11-2008, 07:48 AM
Susan hit the nail on the head for me too. I just feel much better being able to be the whole me.

Jess_cd32
12-11-2008, 07:55 AM
I think they call it fun and total freedom combined.

Sarasometimes
12-11-2008, 08:13 AM
For me it is being able to do what I feel the need to do. Sort of like the person who loves to eat, not needing to diet all the time. i don't think i pass all that well but when I am able to go and shop and move about with the masses I feel fullfilled. Stress is reduced, I have more patience, and have fun doing it most of the times once the nervousness goes away.
As far as the therapy comment, I think the right therapist can do some real good. The tough part is finding those few who know what they are doing.

Cindi Johnson
12-11-2008, 09:34 AM
It's when I'm out in the world dressed that I feel most comfortable, most true to myself. When out in drab, I feel a bit of a fraud, although less so if I'm wearing earrings and maybe clear nail polish (and of course lingerie beneath the drab clothing). When I'm out fully dressed, I'm being honest to the world, because I am TG. I'm not ashamed by it, not anymore.

Maybe not all of us can reasonably function in this world "en femme". Some of us may be simply too tall, or too muscular. But a lot of us probably can pass or at least come close enough to passing that others will accept us without a second look. I really feel it would help our community if more of us went out dressed, doing regular things like shopping and dining. The gay community has become accepted by most here in America (except the Bible/Koran thumpers) by showing their face to the world. I feel that we, too, will be accepted as we become visible to the masses.

Sunday's NY Times had an article about acceptance of TG (called "Muxe") in traditional Mexican society. I hope we in the USA will soon be as accepting as our southern neighbor.

Cindi Johnson

StaceyJane
12-11-2008, 09:41 AM
I've been working on goning out while dressed. I've driven around in my car wearing a skirt but I really haven't gone anywhere yet. I find it so thrilling and it's like I'm letting myself out of the male box I'm in.
I really feel a strong need to express my female side.

JenniferR771
12-11-2008, 10:51 AM
Its a macho thing. LOL! Men like to take it to the red line--dare the next level. Tricycle, bicycle, dirt bike, motor cycle, big wheel swamp buggy...

Jenny Doolittle
12-11-2008, 10:58 AM
It All seems like a journey of discovery. I love being Jenny out and about. I love to be acknowledged as a woman, and I think for me it is a sence of letting go to descover who I really am inside.

Jenny Do

maid phylis
12-11-2008, 12:35 PM
i have been going out dressed to manhattan now for over five years.from the first time that i took the subway into the city every time has been the most thrilling ride that you can imagine.first of all i am riding in a subway car full of people and i have to get in and find a seat.i pass pretty well but sometimes you get stared at by the school kids and you have to just smile back at them or just ignore them and enjoy the ride.as i go in every wed the thrill always builds up the day before in what i am going to wear.and i always enjoy the feeling of walking down the street hearing the click of my high heel shoes.and yes i love it so much and i will probably do it forever.:love:phylisanne

suzypier
12-11-2008, 12:42 PM
I really don’t know myself. More I get dress and more I want to get dress and I am unable to stop, it’s like a drug. I started to go out of the closet a few weeks ago (driving and once at an Halloween party next town) but still very shy and scare again. :o

amyj
12-11-2008, 01:32 PM
I'm at the same point in the journey as Stacy. Just recently I decided to stop wondering why and just start doing it. And it's been a real rush - like a drug. Usually nights of cding last until 3 a.m., sometimes 4.

It's just fun.