PDA

View Full Version : Ears pierced and the world is still spinning!

StacyCD
12-10-2008, 10:09 PM
Just a couple of hours ago, I had both of my ears pierced--they now have small (4 mm) gold balls in each. And the world is still spinning! My SO was with me at the time (but she couldn't watch it being done). I had it done at the mall (Claire's). It was almost painless and I can't believe that I waited so long for it to be done! I also can't stand the idea that I will have to wait eight weeks before removing them! I am so looking forward to wearing some beautiful hoops and long earrings! My SO gave me a pair of platinum balls for my birthday last December--they were too big as starter earrings and I was chicken to have it done. The other day I mentioned that I still wanted to have my ears done. This afternoon she gave me a pair of 4 mm white gold balls as and early birthday present so I said well let's go! So about 6:30 PM we headed to the mall and all I can say is that I'm excited! Also, as it has been said before, the world is still spinning!

StephanieT
12-10-2008, 10:22 PM
Congratulations.Having pierced ear is wonderful:thumbsup:

debbeelee1
12-10-2008, 11:30 PM
Congrats! You'll love them and have a big collection of them in no time!

Susan.
12-10-2008, 11:38 PM
I finally talked my wife into getting hers pierced. She had a mole removed from one of her ears last year.

She asked me, what if I asked you to get yours done too? Unfortunately she was worried that I wanted to get mine done too. I do but I really can't take the heat.

StephanieT
12-10-2008, 11:46 PM
She asked me, what if I asked you to get yours done too? Unfortunately she was worried that I wanted to get mine done too. I do but I really can't take the heat.
Nothing like Carpe Diem. You should have taken the opportunity. It may never come again. The heat at work will pass in a couple of days.

marny
12-10-2008, 11:54 PM
Whatever floats your boat hon. You're not alone in the piecing and tatooing trend. Both have been around for centuries. Curious that everything comes around again as popular. Personally, I'll give it a pass! Just to enforce my point, you may recall designers tried to bring back bell-bottom pants two years ago!:rofl:

CD Susan
12-11-2008, 01:05 AM
Congratulations Stacy!!! I know what you are experiencing as I got my ears pierced a little over two months ago. I too went to Claire's in the mall and had them put in the little gold ball studs. I am through with the healing process now and am enjoying wearing a lot of pretty earrings. I am really caught up with my new piercings and am so glad I finally got it done. Don't forget to put the antiseptic solution on them three times a day to prevent an infection. Good luck and enjoy your newly pierced ears, you are not going to regret it.