PDA

View Full Version : I did it again, the "Pink Fog"

KATIE TV
12-11-2008, 04:22 AM
Hi girls, Well I did it again, With all I have said on this site about making excepting partners/wives happy, I didn’t take my own advice. Last night we were going to a little gathering called “TV Dinners” it was the Xmas dinner so I was trying to look my best, I had on a new outfit that my partner “J” had chosen and bought for me, she helped me dress and with my makeup and hair. I think I now know what the term “Pink Fog” means, I was so into how I looked that when she came down ready to go looking stunning (she had made a real effort to look good for me) What didn’t I say? “How nice she looked”. As we were about to leave she turned to me and in a cross voice said “Well how do I look” S**T done it again, all I had to say when she came in was how great she looked, but no, so into myself I almost ignored her. So I will say it again to those of us who are SO LUCKY to have excepting partners “don’t take them for granted”. I hope I remember this in the future. She did forgive me and we had a lovely evening but it could have spoilt it!
Love you all,
Katie, X

battybattybats
12-11-2008, 06:23 AM
It might be worth pointing out that plenty of non-cd guys fail to compliment their partners regularly. And for that matter that plenty of GGs fail to compliment their no-cd or cd husbands.

Jonianne
12-11-2008, 07:00 AM
Thank you Katie for the reminder and for being willing to put that out there. That's why you have a good relationship with your wife.

DAVIDA
12-11-2008, 07:15 AM
I always tell Jean how good she looks!

Lilith Moon
12-11-2008, 07:31 AM
:iagree:

As I'm reading this my wife is trying on her new party dress for an event next week. She looks stunning and I've told her so.

She should, it cost :2c::2c::2c::2c::2c: he he.

jillleanne
12-11-2008, 07:42 AM
Hi Katie, good post girl! I guess since this is my second kick at the can so to speak, having divorced( not because of my gender issues)and met this accepting gf 9 years ago, I consciously am 24/7 in the compliment department. I always give her compliments and conversely, constructive criticism if I don't care for something on her. Having said that, we discuss/shop together for clothes and ask for advice from each other beforre buying something. Yes, in drab mode I still open car doors, store doors, carry parcels, and am patient while waiting for her to get tready to go out. It's just somethingg I have programmed myself to do out of courtesy for her. And no, she still will not allow me out and about with her in those oh so sexy short short skirts or short shorts. Darn her!!!! lol
Hugs, Jill

Jess_cd32
12-11-2008, 07:42 AM
My SO unfortunatly takes my compliments w/ a grain of salt and I mean them whole heartedly. She has her opinion how she looks and nothing I say seems to change that much.
Sometimes though she can "see" my appreciation for her if you know what I mean, did I just say that:doh:

She knows though I still find her very attractive as she is, but like all women she stands infront of the morror in an UHHHH!!! mentality, always looking for faults. She kind of reminds me of alot of cd's I know:heehee:

I've also told her looks only make it so far anyways and stop putting so much emphasis on them, its whats inside that really makes her beautifull and she is a great thoughtful person to others, and our pets esp..

Sounds like you've got a great woman there Katie, get her some:love: as well to makeup for that boo boo you did.

Sheila
12-11-2008, 07:49 AM
It might be worth pointing out that plenty of non-cd guys fail to compliment their partners regularly. And for that matter that plenty of GGs fail to compliment their no-cd or cd husbands.

True batty so true ......... but there again when one walks this wild rocky torturous road willingly, beside those we love that little extra effort is so much appreciated by us taking the walk with you.

And just because Joe public fails in the more sensative aspects of relationships does it mean we have to .... I think not

Thanks for the post Katie and for allowing us to see your small pink fog episode, it may just help some others to avoid making the same mistake as we enter into the festive period, and save a relationship or two :hugs:

Sammy777
12-11-2008, 09:48 AM
she turned to me and in a cross voice said “Well how do I look” S**T done it again, all I had to say when she came in was how great she looked, but no

Even the best of us sometimes forget to verbalize.

docrobbysherry
12-11-2008, 10:49 AM

When we get "confortable" with a person and/or situation, it/they often become "routine". Once something becomes routine, we begin to take it/her/him for granted. We start by thinking about something else. Anything else that enters our minds or consciousness.:doh:

It is unfortunate that we take ANYTHING or ANYONE for granted. We SHOULD appreciate every second of our living experience. And everyone and everything in it! We don't. But, that's JUST THE WAY WE R!:brolleyes:

cindym5_04
12-11-2008, 10:51 AM
I always try to make sure that my wife knows how attractive I find her and how beautiful I think she looks. She seems to blow it off sometimes, because she's not really happy with her appearance currently. I always remind her that "if I didn't really think you were, I wouldn't always be so hot for you".

Cari
12-11-2008, 11:13 AM
Its really easy to get completely self absorbed when dressed. Most likely best to just apologize and not make the same mistake twice. Hate to admit it but Ive done the "Sorry I was so selfish the other nite, I was looking at the pics and you really looked great" thing a time or two. (fortunately CD's always seem to take pictures)

I think its a very feminine trait to complement others on their appearance and try do it more often when dressed. What I'm never sure about is how to approach it: Are they lookng for a GF or SO response ?

Big difference between

"My God you look hot tonite"

and

"I wish I could get my eyes that nice, you look fantastic"

The best line I ever heard was "You look great: just snapped me right out femme mode : I need a few minutes before we head out to regroup".

Cari