PDA

View Full Version : female to male to female crossdressing

kathy gg
06-07-2005, 04:43 PM
Okay, if the title confuses you, it certainly has confused me to. I was not sure where to put this thread but figured this was a better place as I just wanted to say this out loud somewhere.

Most times when I have gone out with my spouse (him en femme of course) I have seemingly gone more over the top with my outfits and make up and of course hair too. There is something wickedly fun about taking the feminine look to an extreme. I have even on more than one occasion been confused as a mtf crossdresser myself and seem to get some weird thrill out of that. I found that I was like this when I was working from my home and getting dressed up for nights out and jsut generally enjoyed the extra attention from people. I even went as far on Halloween about 4 years ago to literally wear a sash across my outfit declaring I was a "fairy drag mother". This if course was all in the spirit of halloween and silliness, but it almost gave me a feeling of pretending to be another person for a night.

I then went through a period where getting really fancy for a night out was a bore as I had a real job and had to look nice everday. And truthfully the extra work of having to redo make up and rechoose outfits was not my idea of fun. But since I have been back home again I am finding myself back where I was then. Getting this thrill from having people when we go out be unsure if I am a boy or a girl. We don't go out nearly as much as we used to so I dont' have that many opportunities. But I have done further looking on the internet regarding this, dare I say fetish, of women trying to look like drag queens and I am happy to say I don't think I am alone. There is actually a female drag queen competition in San Franciso every year. Of course I am not flying out there to compete, but it was kind of cool to know I am not the only gg that feels this way.

I guess I am wondering if any have heard of any other women who feel this way? I have in years past felt like I was not allowed to perform drag at our groups xmas bash, not really because they said I could not, I never formally asked. But jsut becuase I thought, well they are going to think 'here is a gg trying to steal our thunder'. But now I am wondering if maybe I have just been nervous about that for nothing? I think I am going to do it this year!

Anyway, I just wanted to see what others thought of this quirk of mine. And if you had a girlfriend or wife who enjoyed this would it freak you out or not?

thanks
kat in can

RainyHaze GG
06-07-2005, 04:58 PM
Kathy,

That is just confusing! ;)

Actually, when I used to go out, I was often mistaken as a mtf CD. I was more often called drag queen.

I like a lot of over the top things, as you said. At first, I would let it get me down, then I started to think it was fun.

Usually if I said something, people figured it out, I have a really soft voice.

I never intentionly dressed for that illusion, but admit I started having fun with it.

Hugs,
Rainy

AllThingsPretty
06-08-2005, 08:32 AM
Hi Kathy, Not only would I not be freaked out but I would love to find a gg who would have the same desires as you.

I applaud you for your honesty about yourself. :clap:

Tristen Cox
06-08-2005, 08:57 AM
I wouldn't be put off by you at all. Don't see anything wrong with wanting to have fun and be yourself. :cool:

michellej
06-08-2005, 09:12 AM
Sounds like competition to me. You might be afraid that your enfemme SO is going to get more comments than you, so you try to go one more. Watch out so it doesn't become hurtful, though, keep it fun. When I dressed for my wife, she thought I looked sexier than her, and didn't like that. She didn't say much, but I could tell. I do like the "tarty" look and would wear some rather outrageous things. My legs are nicer than hers! I now dress in private and just for myself. I do have plenty of dress time, as I was able to stop working, and she still is working. I love my wife, and don't want to hurt her feelings at all. Staying private is easy for me to do, as I don't want to go out in public, (I have a beard!) and am able to walk around outside at home as we have a very private house. I do go out - does chipmunks and birds seeing me count? My dog really likes me in my black mini and high heels. No competition, no hurt feelings.

kathy gg
06-08-2005, 02:36 PM
Michelle,

I appreciate your comments. Cause that is what I wanted, some thoughts. I doubt my 'motive' is a bad one. It is more for a kick. I don't want to sound like ...umm..shall we say concieded, I think I just have a healthy oponion about my looks and my personality. I mean alot of guy on here love to say how 'hot' they are and you had no trouble saying you have geat legs. So what is wrong with me thinking I look alright too? I dont' think there is any competition between me an my hubby. He looks attractive and is no slouch, I would never have dated someone not fairly nice looking. I think we both have things that make us maybe stand out in a crowd, but he is a bit more quiet and tends to prefer to dress like a soccer mom. Where as when we are going clubbing, well I like to dress up, (see pic in my profile for better idea.)

Anyway, I was just curious to see if other people had encountered women who also sort of got off on all this glamorous stuff!

hugs
kathy

Sounds like competition to me. You might be afraid that your enfemme SO is going to get more comments than you, so you try to go one more. Watch out so it doesn't become hurtful, though, keep it fun. When I dressed for my wife, she thought I looked sexier than her, and didn't like that. She didn't say much, but I could tell. I do like the "tarty" look and would wear some rather outrageous things. My legs are nicer than hers! I now dress in private and just for myself. I do have plenty of dress time, as I was able to stop working, and she still is working. I love my wife, and don't want to hurt her feelings at all. Staying private is easy for me to do, as I don't want to go out in public, (I have a beard!) and am able to walk around outside at home as we have a very private house. I do go out - does chipmunks and birds seeing me count? My dog really likes me in my black mini and high heels. No competition, no hurt feelings.

kathy gg
06-08-2005, 02:39 PM
Hi rainy!

Thanks for writing back. I usually get mistaken for a drag queen, espically at the Pride Day festivities. Our group has a booth and every year we have gone and that is usuallly when it has happened. *funniest* thing that ever happened was a rather nice looking gay guy one evening tried to hit me up! He kept commenting how well my voice was and what a small adams apple I had and I just could not let it go on long... When I told him I was a girl he was absolutely stunned and sad. :eek:

hugs
kat in can

Kathy,

That is just confusing! ;)

Actually, when I used to go out, I was often mistaken as a mtf CD. I was more often called drag queen.

I like a lot of over the top things, as you said. At first, I would let it get me down, then I started to think it was fun.

Usually if I said something, people figured it out, I have a really soft voice.

I never intentionly dressed for that illusion, but admit I started having fun with it.

Hugs,
Rainy

kysmet
06-13-2005, 06:40 PM
Don't let Kathy fool you. She's as boring as they come. =)

Just kidding.

Seriously, I had one girlfriend that used to enjoy dressing as 'the guy' when we went out. She once said, "Shakespeare said, 'All the world is a stage', so I say 'What's wrong with a little dress up?'" Mind you, there are some women out there that are quite self conscious about themselves. Another girlfriend of mine used to get pissed if I looked better than she did, so I would dress down to make her feel better. Notice that she ain't with me anymore. =)

Eventually the world is going to catch up to itself and all these little uptight people will realize that it is just a waste of time and energy to try and make everyone else just like them. Meanwhile, we get to party and enjoy what we were given in this knowledge that it's not the outward appearance so much as the complete picture that makes us interesting and fun while they stifle their creativity and remain boring.

I relish and celebrate every woman that I meet that thinks I'm just the cat's meow when I'm dressed. I may not be able to date 'ALL' of them, but I enjoy knowing that they are there in my world to make things a little nicer. And who knows, maybe one day 'The One' will come along. But until then, I'm just going to enjoy what I got and let others be jealous. haha

bikebuster77
06-25-2005, 06:21 AM
Well from what I've read, I guess I don't see anything wrong with going put and being yourself either, If you like what you're doing...then I say by all means keep doing it, and don't pay attention to what anyone else thinks.

Sarah

RachelDenise
06-25-2005, 06:44 AM
Kathy, enjoy yourself! It is no big deal, particulary if you and your SO both are understanding the issue. If you let other people direct you, then it won't be fun to do what you like. I would keep dressing how you want and really have fun with it!!!!!

Jenny Beth
06-25-2005, 08:09 AM
Kathy, we all find something great about femininty or we wouldn't be here. You reminded me of the movie Victor Victoria with Julie Andrews, a woman who played a man playing a woman to get a job acting. I have often thought that sometimes women take their femininty over the top but no one questions it because women are free to express themselves without fear of ridicule. No man in his right mind would ever tell a woman she looked like a drag queen....talk about a death wish! While I have never had the urge to dress as flamboyantly as queens do I can understand their need to be "center stage" so to speak, why should it be any different for a woman? Clothes are an expression of ourselves, it's just too bad that gender gets in the way. Great post...thanks for sharing this with us.

tammie
07-03-2005, 12:42 PM
Hi Kathy GG: How nice to find a post from U here. I think that is a grand idea
if the object is to have fun and enjoy some entertainment. I think the answer is obvious, can U sing? Seriously why would a bunch of men in womens clothing object to a woman participating in their fun. We love women, most of us R not allowed to be femme in the presenceof our SOs, I would vote YES.
Please do it and tell us how it went.

The phenom of a woman looking like a CD, how would U do that exactly? Put your makeup on really sloppy and stuff a pair of socks in your pantygirdle? I think it would be a lot of fun to see it myself. As far as going over the top I love women that wear "too much makeup" I always have been attracted to what some would call the "****ty" look. Women R allowed to do so much to themselves, I envy that and enjoy it too.

I know from experience having worked for 30 yrs in the public safety sector that when men wear a hairpeice or use any form of cosmetics they R ridiculed for being so vain. I think for a man to do something to make himself look better for his SO or to feel better about himself its OK, its a good thing and should not be discouraged or ridiculed.

Kathy GG,........U Rock