PDA

View Full Version : Actresses/Female singers that influence your dressing

PrettyFlowingGown
12-11-2008, 06:17 PM
I often buy clothes that resemble what my favorite actresses or singers wear.
I love Ginger Rogers so I have a cuppla beautiful flowing chiffon ball gowns, which fall to the floor and shimmer as I walk. I love to dance in them, and swish while watching Ginger. She makes me feel so femme when I watch her.
I love Linda Evans too, when she was on "Dynasty", I loved her gorgous evening gowns, she used to wear, and how she walked down the stairs and her gowns were flowing. I wish I was her in those scenes. I have some similler gowns to those that she wore.
I love Sheena Easton too, she had a pretty long satin nightgown on in her video for "Telephone".
I love watching Madonnas old videos aswell, and pretend to be her.
Kylie Minogue, her videos are gorgous, and the live DVD in Manchester is my favorite. I love it when shes in her tight little cami, and shes dancing with those gorgous hot guys. I wish I were her, plain and simple.
I love her video for "Better the devil you know", her hairstyle in that is so beautiful and femme.
I also love Jane Seymour and the gowns she wears. Grace Kelly aswell.

NikkiSimpson
12-24-2008, 06:26 AM
Many gorgours gowns, the one Jane Seymor wore in LIVE & LET DIE, Blue gown she stand in doorway with light behind her. SO YUM & the Princess bride movie what an angel, I love the way she hold her gown up to walk

JoAnne Wheeler
12-25-2008, 02:40 PM
Tina Turner; Bette Midler; Rita Cooledge; Debbie Reynolds; Doris Day; Cher !!!
JoAnne Wheeler

Cissy Chiana
12-25-2008, 02:53 PM
I so adore this costume in the christmas Doctor Who
http://i546.photobucket.com/albums/hh405/sissychiana/reddress.jpg

Karren H
12-25-2008, 11:09 PM
Not really anyone in show biz has influenced my style... more like what's on sale more than anything.....

avril findlay
12-26-2008, 12:26 AM
When I was about 9 I so wanted a camisole and bloomers and dresses like Hayley Mills wore in the film Pollyanna!

~*Francine*~
12-26-2008, 12:38 AM
LOL's I was a polyanna fan too:thumbsup:
I like to buy clothes i see some of my female friends wearing they dont know it though.

Andine
12-26-2008, 12:48 AM
Those sort of gowns could be a bit hot to wear in Qld right now !!

Its even rather warm in Canberra right now!

I'm with you on the feel and movement .... Thats the main reason that I dress! Salvos stores are full of beaut silky things!
Having said that the New Year party ( Kings and Queens ) down at the local Gay bar will be attended by a princess this time ..... Zena no less! ... Not much silkiness there, but she will have a rabbit ski skirt !! Very OZ Mate!

Janie Gunn
12-26-2008, 06:32 AM
Joan Jett, Lita, Ford, Chrissie Amplett, Martha Davis, Cher (lingerie), and sort of .. Pink, and I've got to get a corsett like Cherie Currie wore in the Cherry Bomb video.

Janie

~*Francine*~
12-26-2008, 06:35 AM
Janie you look all madonna
luff it!

Janie Gunn
12-26-2008, 09:44 PM
Francine, thats kinda funny considering I've hardly taken any notice of what Madonna wears or her music for about the last 15 years, but thanks. I'm amused by that observation. Admittedly, in my current avatar photo, I dont really look like any of the women that I listed, I think I look more like a hooker.

Lisa Golightly
12-27-2008, 03:11 AM
Loved the 40's and 50's Hollywood vamp, Audrey in Twin Peaks, & Dita. As a kid I wanted to be showgirl in spangly costume... Looking at my gallery they may have had an influence :)

jessiejess112
12-27-2008, 05:25 AM
I have always been inspired to dress by watching actresses and female singers. As far as which singers, for me personally, it always changes according to what's popular at the moment (I also like Pink, Fergie, Britney, etc.) I guess I'm trendy like that :).
Recently when I watched the new Beyonce video "single ladies", I felt like dressing up and dancing like her :D

Jennifer in CO
12-27-2008, 08:38 AM
Abba!!!

balletchick
12-27-2008, 09:17 AM
Rihanna, Ditta Von Tess, Bettie Page, Morticia, any Prima Ballerina

susan fuller
12-27-2008, 11:18 AM
Loved the way Susan Hayward dressed.

VikkiGurl
12-27-2008, 11:44 AM
Shania Twain
VS models, not that I have their bodies, (I WISH)

Sammy777
12-27-2008, 12:42 PM
No one I could really say.
I'm all over the fashion map anyways, lol.

I so adore this costume in the christmas Doctor Who
http://i546.photobucket.com/albums/hh405/sissychiana/reddress.jpg

Ah yes, lol
One more Dr Who fan out of the closet, lol