PDA

View Full Version : Why is dressing such a thrill?

emmicd
12-13-2008, 02:43 AM
I often wonder why my insides get all fuzzy when I approach the womens department. It seems I have such a magnetic pull to all things feminine. I could never really truly understand why but felt I should accept it and not fight it. I feel very excited when I see a dress I like and when I have the urge I seem to always have the same feeling that I can't wait to start wearing the pretty dress. I sometimes feel I was destined to be a girl but somehow something went awry and instead I became a crossdresser.

I always am very excited to find a dress and I just feel like I am meant to wear it even if it is privately. I was made to wear dresses. I wonder if girls have the same feelings about clothes as really feminine crossdressers.

I know girls love to shop and look for their pretty outfits! Do they also get a warm fuzzy feeling when they find their dress. I believe brides get that feeling when they shop for their gown!

Do other crossdressers or girls (gg) get that warm fuzzy feeling when they see a dress they must have?

I know I never had this feeling when I shop for suits and ties but dresses I love to shop for!

I also love shopping in the lingerie section too! I'm like a kid in a candy shop!

emmi

marny
12-13-2008, 03:08 AM
well duh hon! get used to it!

sallyjones
12-13-2008, 03:38 AM
asked my GF and its the same for girls and we all feel that way about shopping. well all of us that shop.

Jenniferpl
12-13-2008, 03:50 AM
I can shop woman's clothing all day long and never get weary of it. Something about finding that sexy bra, ot a sweater I can not go without. As wife says, I see something and I just have to have it.

Good thing she like to have Jennifer around.

tanya1976
12-13-2008, 04:19 AM
I wish I knew..:)

Tracii G
12-13-2008, 04:38 AM
Count me in too!

Mollyanne
12-13-2008, 06:17 AM
You bet!!!!!! Especially when it comes to lingerie, it seems I can't get enough!!!!!!

Mollyanne

Deanna2
12-13-2008, 06:29 AM
Why is dressing such a thrill?

Let me count the reasons.

sweetcheeksbev
12-13-2008, 06:31 AM
oh yes i love shopping and to walk aroungd the lengerie department and to bye

susan a closet cd
12-13-2008, 08:40 AM
why is dressing such a thrill,this must be the eternal question.why do we put ourselves through all the agony and guilt?for my own part i have no idea all i do know is i can`t stop lol.

CLARRISA
12-13-2008, 09:28 AM
Its the ultimate feeling of freedom...liberty....its that connectedness feeling "i'm one of the girls too.", when i see an attractive women and think oh its not fair,look what shes wearing,lucky thing..hey hang on, i can wear that too and look just as good..then actualy going out in public..wow..and if you get it right, blend in..the feelings amazing...i've just come back from the shops as Clarrisa, and i just felt so accepted, no sniggers,no look of death type stares..i just felt like another woman, trying on boots, browsing through aisles..i once thought someones bound to come over and arrest me or something..or be put in a circle of people shouting abuse at me...i've not even had the hooligan type that might shout across the street "Pervert!!".....Its the letting it all go feeling, like when the roller coaster finally tips over the edge of its steep climb...you leave yourself totaly in the hands of fate, like parachuting, like sex..temporary loss of controll by letting go of your male ego and letting the inner spirit reign free..

Samantha43
12-13-2008, 10:06 AM
I hate shopping for my male clothes. Pants and shirts.....how much fun is that? Now the women's department? I can get lost in there for hours. Women have so many more options than men have. Women's clothes are more fun and the colors are so much better. Men have underwear.....women have lingerie. Men have pants and shorts......women have pants, shorts, skorts, capris, skirts, and dresses. I could go on.......

Ronni Seymour
12-13-2008, 10:29 AM
I have a dream of being lost in a huge womens department, being able to stop, try something on and wear it until I find something else I like. This could go on for days, mind you.:battingeyelashes: Kinda like clothing team tag by myself??
Does that answer your question?

Brandiwvr
12-13-2008, 10:45 AM
ok you dun it now, IM GOING SHOPPING "POWER SHOPPING".

Karren H
12-13-2008, 10:57 AM
I don't get fuzzy inside anymore.... sigh......

Sarah Doepner
12-13-2008, 11:05 AM
There is something in what Clarissa says that hit home with me. The letting go of control and allowing my male ego to be moved aside by Sarah is such a relief. I've spent years avoiding and hiding what is my true self and when the opportunity presents itself for me to be true to that spirit, it is a thrill. There are all sorts of other things going on in the background that reinforce the feelings. The smells and textures as well as the look in the mirror all make me think it's all good.

Alice Torn
12-13-2008, 11:47 AM
All of you, right on! A paradox, here, though. I help a birthgirl who is 49, and WILL NOT wear womens clothes, ONLY buys baggy levis and big t-shirts, sneakers, and men's coats. She has long hair, but a dark, noticable mustache. She sees other females(she refuses to be called woman or lady, or girl), dressed nice, but it does not rub off. I find it so sad. I have known her for 23 yrs, and she has always been this way. If only i could communicate to her how exciting it is to dress in nice feminine clthes! The fun, joy she is missing out on! It is so sad, what she is depriving herself of! What we find so pleasurable! I think she must have been raped, abused as a little girl, while in a dress, or skirt. She woulf rather die, than wear a dress or skirt. I would almost rather die, than not to be able to dress up!

Angie G
12-13-2008, 12:42 PM
Don't try do figure the why just go with it and love it hun It's just easier. And you get right to the fun part DRESSING.:hugs:
Angie

lauraabdl
12-13-2008, 12:54 PM
Why is dressing such a thrill?

Let me count the reasons.

If only I could? There is so much out there and so little time, the only recourse is shopping shopping and more shopping, We all need the PINK FOG from time to time.
Laura:tongueout

rachelgirlnw
12-13-2008, 01:27 PM
I hate shopping for my male clothes. Pants and shirts.....how much fun is that?

I agree! Plus male clothes options are limited starting at such a young age. I was shopping for Christmas clothes for my young son and daughter recently. I could find a dozen cute options for her in many stores. I had to case 5 stores just to find him a sharp pair of dress pants (Cargos for Xmas?? No thank you.), shirt, and tie.

Teri Jean
12-13-2008, 02:01 PM
Emmicd,
I have always picked up the Sears or JCP catalogs when they got to the house and checked the women's clothing to see what is new and in. Now I find the sales flyers are the things I like to check out before shopping. Unless there is a new tool for the shop you will fid me in the women's section. Keli

TGMarla
12-13-2008, 02:11 PM
Yes. I get that warm and fuzzy feeling when I see a dress or some other feminine item I really like, too. You're not alone there, hon! And when I'm dressed, that same feeling just permeates my being. Why do I love it so? I don't know, but I'm glad it's there. And I intend to revel in it!

Celeste
12-13-2008, 02:58 PM
Hi Emma,that feeling is there for me also,its a major reason I like this so much.I get it with online shopping or when I'm out and can't compare it to any other sensation I've had,so I feel it deserves its own category of thrill.

jennifer41356
12-13-2008, 03:00 PM
I often wonder why my insides get all fuzzy when I approach the womens department. It seems I have such a magnetic pull to all things feminine. I could never really truly understand why but felt I should accept it and not fight it. I feel very excited when I see a dress I like and when I have the urge I seem to always have the same feeling that I can't wait to start wearing the pretty dress. I sometimes feel I was destined to be a girl but somehow something went awry and instead I became a crossdresser.

I always am very excited to find a dress and I just feel like I am meant to wear it even if it is privately. I was made to wear dresses. I wonder if girls have the same feelings about clothes as really feminine crossdressers.

I know girls love to shop and look for their pretty outfits! Do they also get a warm fuzzy feeling when they find their dress. I believe brides get that feeling when they shop for their gown!

Do other crossdressers or girls (gg) get that warm fuzzy feeling when they see a dress they must have?

I know I never had this feeling when I shop for suits and ties but dresses I love to shop for!

I also love shopping in the lingerie section too! I'm like a kid in a candy shop!

emmi

have you been reading my thoughts?:D...wow, I think you must be living in my head:love::o...I think most feel the same as you, that is why I love to shop and try on clothes, i wish I could buy everything, so for me the next best thing is trying stuff on

crystal99
12-13-2008, 03:06 PM
Fashion is an expression of self xx

docrobbysherry
12-13-2008, 03:43 PM
More like "heated excitment". Coincidently, I'm just leaving for my office to pick up some things I purchased yesterday. Pickup up my daughter from school, and had her until now.

There's this white, frilly cocktail dress that I REALLY hope fits! I looked so hot! :daydreaming:

OMG! I GOT TO GO!:D

Kate Simmons
12-13-2008, 03:43 PM
Hopefully you can keep that feeling Emmi. I've come to the point where they are just clothes no matter what mode I'm in. Just the nature of things for myself I guess.:)

Tess
12-13-2008, 04:59 PM

Or a toy store. That might explain it for many of us, especially those of us who don't get to dress that often. It's like buying and playing with new toys.

jessielee
12-13-2008, 05:17 PM
i bought a tank top the other day, says "mountain hottie" on it. it was obviously for someone other than me by how calm and the obviously-buying-it-for-a-girl confidence i exuded.
it felt strange! had fun picking it out and entertained no thoughts of trying it on but the edge, the Mission Impossible sense was missing!
how much more i'd rather be shopping for myself or sneaking looks in while out with others!

charlie
12-13-2008, 05:34 PM
Hello Emmi!
The outfit is everything for me! Sure I need wig, nylons, makeup and "foundation garmets", but when I go out I want to look right. Finding that outfit and feeling I got it right is the exciting part.

CD Susan
12-14-2008, 12:51 AM
Yes, it happens to me all the time. I don't get worked up over an ad for power tools on sale but show me an ad for womens shoes on sale and I get all excited.

fiona_libby
12-14-2008, 01:14 AM
Hi Emmi

I have similiar feelings when i see pretty dress either in a magazine, on a rack in a store or a dress someone is wearing at work or someone who i pass by on the street. I never have theses feelings when I see a male wearing a well tailored suit. Maybe these feelings are an expression of an inner self, soul far more feminine than masculine.

:hugs:

huggs Fiona

Billijo49504
12-14-2008, 02:23 AM
My wife loves it when we go shopping together, then I pay. She also works at an Avenue store, that might be why she has 79 pairs of jeans. Not counting tops, but I got more bras and panties and makeup.

bridget jones
12-14-2008, 03:22 AM
I love shopping for lingerie,wigs,make up and whatever else I may need.To me it is an adventure.If you shop close to home you wonder if anyone that knew you seen you.Don't worry about it.Have fun girls shop till ya drop.
Bridget

tanyacd
12-14-2008, 03:30 AM
Nope, your not alone.

I was always extremely aware I was in or near the womans dept. My eyes always wondering, looking out the corners of my eyes, scared to glare at any one item for too long, wishing i could just dive into the pile of panties and try everything on, not worrying what anyone thought or cared.

Josey
12-14-2008, 04:05 AM
I'm like Samanta, she hit the answer right on the head. I couldn't said it any better.

Claire Cook
12-14-2008, 07:11 AM
I hate shopping for my male clothes. Pants and shirts.....how much fun is that? Now the women's department? I can get lost in there for hours. Women have so many more options than men have. Women's clothes are more fun and the colors are so much better. Men have underwear.....women have lingerie. Men have pants and shorts......women have pants, shorts, skorts, capris, skirts, and dresses. I could go on.......

I agree with everything you all have said, but Sam and Clarissa have said exactly how I feel. LOVE IT!