PDA

View Full Version : A bit of good news...

NateX
12-13-2008, 10:54 AM
...and just when I needed it, too. A little bit of background for those who don't know. I just recently moved back home, well, where my family is from, after a long tiring stay out near Houston. When I was down south, I was seeing a counselor (sorry, I just woke up, can't spell for spit), but after I moved up here, I can't find one without going to Dallas, which is like, an hour and a half away. Long drive, imho. The town I live in now is so frustrating it's not even funny. It's very prejudiced, two years ago, they held a KKK rally downtown and the whole town was there. So needless to say, I already have two strikes against me without throwing in the trans thing (I'm not straight, and I'm dating a black girl.)

I told my manager at work that after the first of the year I would be changing my name and all that on the schedule, not the official paperwork, just nametags and all, and she told me no, I couldn't. So, I went above her head. I talked to our area supervisor and explained to him the whole thing. He's not from here, so he would listen, at least, that's what I hoped.

He congratulated me.

I've never been congratulated for this before. It really threw me for a loop, you know? I dunno if it was for being able to explain it or just for being trans. *shrugs* It all got straightened out, and as of the first of the year, I will be Nate at work. And the assistant manager of the store. *does a happy dance*

Felix
12-13-2008, 12:20 PM
Thats really good news Nate I'm well pleased for ya as I know the trauma of coming out at work all too well. As for the other stuff well it sucks Hun quite frankley. I'm thinking of ya coz you aint got it easy there :hugs: xx Felix

ZenFrost
12-13-2008, 01:51 PM
Wow, it sure is nice when people surprise you with supportiveness isn't it? :smilep:

Felix
12-14-2008, 03:53 AM
Yup there is nothing in the world like that feeling Zen xx Felix :)

metalguy639
12-16-2008, 04:36 AM
Good for you Nate! That is great.

NateX
12-16-2008, 11:06 AM
Just a little update on this, my manager told me last week to go ahead and change my name on the schedule, so now all of my unofficial paperwork says Nate. And my coworkers are catching on really quick, too. They just need to get used to using male pronouns now. I keep wanting to give them little doggy treats, kind of encourage them. lol

ZenFrost
12-16-2008, 11:32 AM
Hey, doggy treats sounds like a good idea. I wonder if that would work with my family if I gave them cookies. :thinking:

NateX
12-16-2008, 11:41 AM
I'll be family if you give me the christmas butter cookies. :D