PDA

View Full Version : Feminine Products

Toni_Lynn
12-13-2008, 05:02 PM
--- no Moderators -- not those! Rather -- I was showering this afternoon and was thinking about the fact that there are some products geared and marketed to women. Here in North America, its deodorants like Secret and Lady Speed Stick.

So that got me to thinking -- what are other products like this -- that are usually unisex, but have specifically feminine versions. Shampoos, conditioners, toothpastes (?), soap, etc. I know that body sprays are now being marketed to men, but I like the ones from Secret which are for women. And then some razors for women are the same as the one for men but the handles are pink.

What else is there?

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

Carole Cross
12-13-2008, 05:15 PM
How about this?:eek:
http://www.springwise.com/automotive/roadside_toolkits_for_women/

trannie T
12-13-2008, 05:49 PM
Cabela's is a huge outdoor sports hunting and fishing outlet in the US. I saw a recent ad which featured small size .22 rifles for children. There was a black one and a pink one.

Tess
12-13-2008, 09:51 PM
How about cars? Certain models are obviously designed to attract women buyers like the new VW beetles.

Nicki B
12-13-2008, 10:11 PM
So that got me to thinking -- what are other products like this -- that are usually unisex, but have specifically feminine versions. Shampoos, conditioners, toothpastes (?), soap, etc.

Don't Unilever sell Dove (http://popular.ebay.co.uk/ns/Health-Beauty/Dove.html) products in the US? :strugglin

Karren H
12-13-2008, 10:31 PM
Why pink Penguins and Steelers hats and jerseys... what else? :)

Teri Jean
12-13-2008, 11:00 PM
There is so many skin care products on the market as well as makeup that we use each and everyday. Not only that but then there is nylons and panty hose that i find appealing to the point of wearing daily. Just have fun and be yourself. Keli

2b.Lauren
12-14-2008, 05:21 AM
Over the Thanksgiving holiday I was looking through the sales ads at my in-laws house. Bigger city and so many more store options. I also noticed the rifle mentioned in pink in the Bass Pro Shop circular.

Gisele
12-14-2008, 07:11 AM
We sale pink tool bags at WalMart.

I really want one but when in the hell would I use it? I have a huge tool chest in my house now. Like I am going out in guy mode to work outside with a pink tool bag.:tongueout

Sarasometimes
12-14-2008, 09:15 AM
Why pink Penguins and Steelers hats and jerseys... what else? :)
Karren, Have you ever been penalized for unladylike conduct? What do you think the ref's signal would look like?
Gillette makes Edge for men and Skintimate for women and after running out of Edge once and using my wife's skintimate, no bumps or burn, I was hooked. I use secret deodorant for the same reason (unscented) and the color of the handle on my razor could be either. I also found that Soft Soaps Orange body wash is like nice smelling Gojo if you are really dirty.

Kate Jennings
12-14-2008, 12:33 PM
Virginia Slims of course! lol

Cari
12-14-2008, 01:29 PM
Cell phones are an interesting one. They take the same model different color and service packages and market them by gender. I needed a nice "T phone" in a nuetral color, had to put together my own package no specials on those.

One that really got me thinking was during breast cancer awareness month. There was a stand at the grocery store and when you donated they offered you a small gift with ther logo on it ect. What struck me is that all the gifts were very feminine. Nothing gender neutral or for men. I just found it strange; kinda wondered why they didnt have anything for SO's. Im pretty sure they didnt care which gender donated of course being a CD it was not an issue. Just seemed like bad marketting.

Oddly enough Moose are never marletted to, at least noone is dropping ping pong balls on them anymore

Cari

Tomara
12-14-2008, 01:43 PM
Harley Davidson , markets , manufactures and sells motorcycles geared toward the female market , and yes you can even buy a pink one if you would like !

Mine is a black street glide , no pink for me , not yet anyway ! LOL

:heehee: Tomara

Sarasometimes
12-14-2008, 01:56 PM
Cell phones are an interesting one. They take the same model different color and service packages and market them by gender. I needed a nice "T phone" in a nuetral color, had to put together my own package no specials on those.

One that really got me thinking was during breast cancer awareness month. There was a stand at the grocery store and when you donated they offered you a small gift with ther logo on it ect. What struck me is that all the gifts were very feminine. Nothing gender neutral or for men. I just found it strange; kinda wondered why they didnt have anything for SO's. Im pretty sure they didnt care which gender donated of course being a CD it was not an issue. Just seemed like bad marketting.

Oddly enough Moose are never marletted to, at least noone is dropping ping pong balls on them anymore

Cari
I always give to the cause and find it a bonus when all the gifts are [inkl. I hate when that happens. Oh well I guess i just got to take the..pink one. Wow was I ever disappointed when the pink box of TicTacs had just a pink box and white mints! i really wanted pink tictacs.

Sara Jessica
12-14-2008, 03:33 PM
Cell phones are an interesting one. They take the same model different color and service packages and market them by gender.

I only wish I could get away with having a pink phone. I'm stuck with my silver one!!! I think my tg street cred would go way up if I pulled a pink phone out of my purse!!!

As for products, let's see...women's razors, Dove deodorent, women's skin care products (even though many brands market a line for men), prefer perfume over cologne and heck, my toothbrush is even pink (OK, that was out of necessity, it was the only one left in the house the last time I changed brushes ;) ).

Toni_Lynn
12-14-2008, 05:08 PM
Okay -- here's another item from the US of A. Pure Silk Shaving Cream for women. It is made by Barbasol, a men's brand, and says so on the label. I use it on my face and the only difference is that has a pleasant raspberry fragrance -- seeing as the variety is called Raspberry Mist :doh:

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

Nicki B
12-14-2008, 07:09 PM
Harley Davidson , markets , manufactures and sells motorcycles geared toward the female market , and yes you can even buy a pink one if you would like !

Mine is a black street glide , no pink for me , not yet anyway ! LOL

:heehee: Tomara

Seen this (http://www.gladiusstyle.com/)?

I always give to the cause and find it a bonus when all the gifts are [inkl. I hate when that happens. Oh well I guess i just got to take the..pink one. Wow was I ever disappointed when the pink box of TicTacs had just a pink box and white mints! i really wanted pink tictacs.

Try some Pink Smarties (http://www.google.co.uk/products?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GEUA,GEUA:2005-35,GEUA:en&q=Pink+Smarties&cr=countryUK%7CcountryGB&um=1&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&resnum=1&ct=title)? :heehee:

Tomara
12-14-2008, 07:16 PM
Seen this (http://www.gladiusstyle.com/)?

Try some Pink Smarties (http://www.google.co.uk/products?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GEUA,GEUA:2005-35,GEUA:en&q=Pink+Smarties&cr=countryUK%7CcountryGB&um=1&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&resnum=1&ct=title)? :heehee:

Nice outfit , I bet she doesn`t ride with those clothes on though !
Tomara

Cristi
12-14-2008, 07:33 PM
How about cars? Certain models are obviously designed to attract women buyers like the new VW beetles.

It is more interesting than that. Sometimes they target the exact same car to different genders by attaching different names to them. The Ford line and Mercury automobiles are essentially the same vehicles. Fords carry 'hard, tough' names like 'Taurus' and 'Tempo', while the same cars under the Mercury are called things like 'Contour', 'Sable' and 'Topaz'.

There are entire lists out there that show how the names are targeted to either a masculine or feminine buyer, for the same car.

erickka
12-15-2008, 07:43 AM
NFL.com has football team logo clothing for women designed by Alyssa Milano.

lauraabdl
12-15-2008, 03:03 PM
I find the body washs for femme are the best a lathering, cleaning and they do smell so heavenly. I especially like St. Ives Whipped Silk. You just got to try it.
Laura:2c:

susandrea
12-15-2008, 11:53 PM
Movies -- chick flicks! :battingeyelashes:

Mary Morgan
12-16-2008, 08:04 AM
Daisy has a new Air Rifle BB Gun that is bright pink. Maybe the clothing stores will start promoting the idea of skirts and dresses for women too.

Scotty
12-16-2008, 08:11 AM
Gillette makes Edge for men and Skintimate for women and after running out of Edge once and using my wife's skintimate, no bumps or burn, I was hooked.

I too use that - much smoother, thinner, sticks better!

I also use secret for women, rain shower fresh or shower fresh, very pleasant smelling..

victoriamwilliams1
12-16-2008, 08:59 AM
It is more interesting than that. Sometimes they target the exact same car to different genders by attaching different names to them. The Ford line and Mercury automobiles are essentially the same vehicles. Fords carry 'hard, tough' names like 'Taurus' and 'Tempo', while the same cars under the Mercury are called things like 'Contour', 'Sable' and 'Topaz'.

There are entire lists out there that show how the names are targeted to either a masculine or feminine buyer, for the same car.

Yeah thats why we are in trouble! also sme of the Mazda line is the as one of the Ford models as well.

I find the body washs for femme are the best a lathering, cleaning and they do smell so heavenly. I especially like St. Ives Whipped Silk. You just got to try it.
Laura:2c:

Me to, I also like secret over what I wear in male mode.

Toni_Lynn
12-16-2008, 09:03 AM
Actually, when it come to cars, in 1955 and 1956, there was a car known as the Dodge La Femme marketed by Chrysler to the women's market. You can read about it on:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_La_Femme

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

Charona
12-16-2008, 09:55 AM
And let's not forget S&W's Ladysmith.

Jinny M
12-16-2008, 02:53 PM
I have a Harley 883 Sportster , basically a girls bike , I could buy a bigger one , But why ? I like riding a girls bike .

Sarah...
12-16-2008, 03:12 PM
Bicycle saddles with holes in. Depending on who you talk to (male AND female) they're the best thing since sliced bread or as useful as a chocolate teapot.

And therein lies my grump. For the most part, obvious exceptions aside, this whole area is usually a triumph of marketing over clear thought.

Sarah...