PDA

View Full Version : The male body

calliekat
12-13-2008, 08:20 PM
Hi Girls!

I love to dress. It makes me feel relaxed and in touch with myself.
But, I also have a "self image" problem.
No matter what I do, no matter the make up, no matter the clothes. There is no way to get around my male body.
I am 44 years old, and out of shape. Not hugely, but enough to effect my fem side from trying to show itself in her best.
Has any of you girls had this? And how did you deal with it?

TxKimberly
12-13-2008, 08:39 PM
Of course we have the same problem.
What do you do about it? You try to do what you know you should be doing anyway! You try to eat better and get exercise - it's a win-win. You look better in boy AND girl mode, and you just might live a bit longer.
As for those things you can't change, like having too many ribs and a generally larger rib cage - you live with it since there is nothing you can do to change it.

Karren H
12-13-2008, 08:41 PM
Yep!! You were me 5 years ago... 220 pounds and out of shape... so I decided that I needed to get a shape... other than round... started eating right and exersizing and playing ice hockey again... and I'm 56... lost 50 pounds in 9 months... went from a size 18 to a size 10 dress... lot of work but worth ever minute of it... also worked my ass of on learning makeup.... and hair and everything... now I still have that male body but it is hair free and I can camoflauge it enough to get through the mall!!

Got to really really want something.... and I did... still do... and I'm having the time of my life... lives... lol

So if I can do it so can you!!

marie354
12-13-2008, 08:45 PM
Yep, I'm with Karren on this.
I dieted too. Went from 156 to 116 in about 9 months. (I like the way I look in a sizes 6-8. [was a 12-14])
But even a bit larger, I felt good too.

Cassia-Marie
12-13-2008, 08:56 PM
I'm with the others on this one: Exercise more and eat healthier foods. It's totally a win-win. You'll have more energy, it'll clear your mind, and your self-image and confidence will increase. Plus, endorphin rushes just feel great!

Sally2005
12-13-2008, 09:07 PM
I don't officially exercise, but I'm always doing something to keep active. Building a house, bike riding, walking and taking the stairs instead of the elevator, etc. etc.. For eating, I eat any type of food I like, but I don't generally eat huge portions. I eat enough to be satified, but not enough to feel full. Pick any resturant meal and that should last the entire day based on the serving size. For the female figure, a lot is padding and smoke and mirrors. Also, to get ride of the guy in makeup look, learn makeup and take digitial images which you look at a few days later when the emotion is at a low...then you see what you really look like. Usually, in the heat of the moment looking in the mirror you are too self critical.

Nicki B
12-13-2008, 09:14 PM
But, I also have a "self image" problem.
No matter what I do, no matter the make up, no matter the clothes.

You think most genetic girls don't think the same?

There are ways of disguising typically male shape indicators, like wide shoulders and narrower hips - but those with a reasonable amount of body fat can often find it easier to look like women, IMHO?

It's just that some of you want to look like underfed models? ;)

MJ
12-13-2008, 09:30 PM
i think we all do but that won't stop me just do my best to get in to shape

Tess
12-13-2008, 09:44 PM
Certainly getting in better shape and eating right are good things for anyone to do. It may not prolong your life but it improves the quality of the years you have...and you'll fit into a smaller size. Anyway, there are some things that it is almost impossible to hide. I walk for exercise and I have found that when I spot someone at quite a long distance, walking alone like most of us doing our exercise, I can tell sex at a glance and am almost always correct. The distance is too great to see make up or cloths...it has to do with body size, shape, and movement. To state the obvious, men are bigger than women, are shaped differently, and we move differently. In a crowd we might blend in, but alone in my exercise situation it is very difficult to overcome what nature has given us.

Jenna1561
12-13-2008, 10:06 PM
First I'm a BBW, size 20, 5'10, 240 lbs. I agree with those who say do some form of exercise and eat healthier. Your body will appreciate you for it. You'll probably live longer and happier and you'll look better in whatever you're wearing.

As Karren said learn and practice makeup. Learn what clothing styles flatter your body and disguise your male attributes. I have met several women who are bigger than me; most have bigger bottoms than me, the usual case for overweight women; but some have narrow hips and leaner bottoms just like mine.

Even if at a distance someone assumes you're male because of your shape, your selection of exercise clothing could temper his thinking process and establish reasonable doubt. As you get closer, a reasonable presentation, including breast forms, should solidify the thought, WOMAN, in his/her mind. Once again, confidence, attitude, deportment and the way you carry yourself speak volumes. Be positively confident and have fun.

Jenna

tamarav
12-13-2008, 10:07 PM
I was in the same shape just 5 years ago at age 55. I then lost 103 pounds, exercise daily, learned all sorts of gilry things and now work dressed daily...

These pictures are of me at work, before it got too cold...

Tracii G
12-13-2008, 10:14 PM
Same here. 2 years ago 240 lbs now 160 in the buff.Eat right, excersize, cut down portions it worked for me.
Still not a femme physique bit padding and body shapers do wonders.
Jenna is right how you carry yourself has a lot to do with peoples peception as to what sex you are they see breasts and hips its a given that a woman is what they see.

docrobbysherry
12-13-2008, 10:21 PM
But, there's nothing I can do about my "man" upper arms, hands, and protruding ribs! Except try to hide them!:D

Jenna1561
12-13-2008, 10:53 PM
Coesets do work miracles! And I consider mysel lucky, while I've always thought my arms were masculine, I've seen numerous gg's at the gym who have more muscular arms, now mine are still longer than a gg's of the same height and that causes havoc when shopping for anything with a long sleeve.

My hands are somewhat masculine, but keeping them clear of hair, a little jewelry, and nice looking nails help my hands to blend nicely. I know that some of s have hands that will never pass, wish I had some advice for them.

As for ribs, well, I still have body fat that covers them.

Jenna

Marjory
12-13-2008, 11:33 PM
Since retiring 1 1/2 years ago I've lost 40 lbs mostly muscle but quite a bit of fat too. I had just been lifting heavy weights. Now, I lift light to moderate weights, watch my diet, and 40 min cardio designed to lose fat. My waist is down to 31- 32 from 34-35. I've been able to do chin ups for the first time in 10 years. Don't sit there and complain, do something about it!!

AmandaM
12-13-2008, 11:57 PM
Me too! I was 224, now 190. Size 1X to mostly 14, some 16. I don't lift anymore, just cardio. The biggest problem for guys is too much muscle and belly fat.

CD Susan
12-14-2008, 12:10 AM
I must be the exception here. I have weighed 165 lbs. plus or minus 5 lbs. for the past 30 years. I do not eat much at all, in fact I do not care for much of any kind of food. I practically live on water, I drink close to a gallon of it everyday.

Celeste
12-14-2008, 01:21 AM
Callie, You should start running also,along with your change of diet.Get a heart rate monitor watch and work your heart rate to 2/3rds its max. for 30 minutes per day.Even if your at a slow jog this will be super beneficial for you.Before long you'll notice your heart rate up and your body burning calories where it wasn't before and when your'e not running.Give it two weeks and then get on the scale,you will be happy and off to a great start.

With the diet,I had to throw out everything in the pantry and restructure my diet,changing the way I thought about food,I now eat for satiety and not for pleasure or taste.It sounds strict but once your'e used to it seems perfectly normal and its the way I used to eat that seems to excess.

Alex!
12-14-2008, 12:13 PM
I started eating better and doing more aerobic exercising, rather than weightlifting. The result is a toned body that can easily be modified with waist cinchers and pads when in Andrea mode. As Kim says, it's a win-win.

Schatten Lupus
12-14-2008, 02:30 PM
I AM my own worst critic, so until the "ma'am"s start flooding in, should they ever, I probably wont ever see myself as looking that feminine.

Sarah Martin
12-14-2008, 02:58 PM
Callie,

I think a lot depends on your self-image and, to some extent, on your self-belief. I am 6 foot, 20 stone and built like a Rhino (the result of 50 years of testosterone and a physical/sporting life). I also wear 4 and 5 inch heels when I try to be 'dressy' - so I'm not exactly inconspicuous. There is NO WAY I'd ever pass as female.

Once I realised that I came to the conclusion that all I really wanted was to be accepted as a well-presented Tranny, and I made peace with myself.

Accept yourself for who you are and what you look like. You are the only one you have to satisfy. The opinions of others - while significant - are of secondary importance.

Hugs
Sarah

Kate Simmons
12-14-2008, 03:56 PM
When it comes to making a "silk purse" out of a "sow's ear", it's all about illusion, misdirection and attitude. We are only limited by our own imagination really. If we concentrate on being a person and not being a crossdresser, we are halfway there.:)