PDA

View Full Version : Loaning to my daughter

2b.Lauren
12-14-2008, 05:14 AM
What a very interesting week I have had. I suppose I must be either crazy or just wanting to come out to my wife more. I know I am tired of being under the radar, but I don't think I am all that ready or am I?

We were invited to a party this weekend and things began by shopping on Thursday night. We as a family went to a Target. My wife wanted to buy my daughter a new top and some slacks for her to wear. My daughter rarely ever wears dresses and is far more comfortable in pants. So as we shopped it was just great to pick out and show her stuff. She is a beautiful full shaped girl just like dad. She tried on this low neckline top and came out to show us. I was so caught up that as I looked at her I told her oh that is cute but we will need to buy you a new bra, cause that one won't work (straps of the sports bra she was wearing showing all over the place) and maybe a layering cami. My daughter nor the others around the try on room did not know what to make of my knowledge, my wife just had a small grin. The event ended in my daughter telling mom that dad is good to shop with, maybe better than you, I think I will take him more often.

Last night was the party night and each of us were getting ready to go. My wife did not buy her either knee hi's or a trouser sock to go with these new slacks or the new ballerina shoes. She was upset because it was cold out and she did not want to wear the shoes without a stocking. My wife did not have hose or anything to let her wear, but offered her a pair of socks. The entire time as I bit my lip I was thinking I have the perfect pair of trouser socks for her to wear that will match those shoes exactly, do I even take the risk to let her borrow them or, do I offer keep my mouth shut? She put on the socks and came back into the room very upset and said these sock are terrible. So I reached into my dresser, pulled out this pair of trouser socks and said I don't want any crap about this style of sock from either of you. I wear thin or sheer socks more than anything else. So you can borrow these but give them back to me as soon as you get home. They were just as I suspected perfect, and both of them never mentioned anything else. My daughter did say they were great and thanks for letting me wear them.

I guess I have opened the door a crack or two.

Phyliss
12-14-2008, 05:37 AM
I can understand the confusion you felt, "do I say something to make it right, and possibly out myself or just let it go and be upset about it"

Recently at a wedding my grandneice (12 yr old) was going to wear her first pair of heels. Watching her clomp about in them, gave me chills up my spine like fingernails on a blackboard. Couldn't stand it anymore and had to show her how to properly walk in them. Her mother ( my 30 yr old neice ) was looking at me kinda wondering how I knew so much about something like that.

I also think I've sorta "set the stage" to open up to her.

Jonianne
12-14-2008, 05:55 AM
Hi Lauren,

It sounds like you are on a path to where they will soon be suspecting something. Just be careful not to put your wife in a situation where she would feel slighted or jealous because of the connection with your daughter.

My step daughters and I wear the same size shoes and I have loaned or given to them, but first with my wife's knowledge and permission / intervention. They all know about my dressing.

SarahLynn
12-14-2008, 08:01 AM
Recently at a wedding my grandneice (12 yr old) was going to wear her first pair of heels. Watching her clomp about in them, gave me chills up my spine like fingernails on a blackboard. ....I also think I've sorta "set the stage" to open up to her.

12 years old and she was just then learning how to walk in heels? :eek::eek: Her mother should be ashamed of herself. A good horsewhipping and then dragged to the wedding behind a car would not be out of order in my view.

When my niece was 7 she already knew how to walk in heels because her mother taught her properly before then. No, she didn't wear heels all the time, but she did know how to walk like a lady, in everything from flats to 3" heels. Today you'd be hard pressed to find a lady who is more attuned to such things than her. She has had "the carriage" from childhood and it shows.

SarahLynn

Phyliss
12-14-2008, 08:45 AM
SarahLynn ,

My 30 yr old neice used to be a "loose lady" and is now "reformed" , so, as a result she's become very strict with her daughter.

2b.Lauren
12-14-2008, 08:58 PM
Jonianne, thanks so much for your insight. The relationship that you mention has already been there. I was a stay at home dad for the first 8 or so years of my daughters life. My wife went back to work about six weeks after giving birth to her. I stayed at home and worked evenings until she got into the third grade and then went back to school. I finished my masters degree when she went into middle school. I have always had a very close relationship with her. I agree about the sharing thing. I made sure to explain that the socks are very sheer and thin because this is how I like them. I did not emphisize they were a specific type or gender. I certainly am not ready to take any risk to show the other side of me to them right now. I really did appreciate your caution.

Lauren

Angie G
12-14-2008, 09:21 PM
Lauren that was the sweetest thing to do do for your little girl hun. Your the best.:hugs:
Angie

Joan Merrie
12-14-2008, 09:24 PM
Don't feel bad ,my daughter borrows my stuff all the time. I love it, that she and my wife loves me as I am. Also is there a chance your wife allready knows.:hugs: