PDA

View Full Version : Where were you when......?

Sam-antha
12-14-2008, 10:09 AM
Do you remember the first time someone said something to you and added the word "Ma'am" or "Lady".
I bet you can remember and probably what it was you were doing. Do tell...
I was in a Bus Depot at the time, intending to buy a ticket and unsure where the ticket office was located.
The offer to tell/show me where knocked my memory right out of my tiny skull and I cannot remember what he looked like. He did walk me to the ticket office, chatting about steam navigation all the time.
Lovely man.

Raven Wynter Rayne
12-14-2008, 11:03 AM
having long hair I have been mistaken (from behind) quite a few times I don't remember a first.
Funny thing happend once about My hair, at a store with My wife one day We walked past a older man and woman (65+yo) and I heard the man talking about "the long hair freak..." then the woman came up to Me and stopped Me to say "I love Your long hair, it looks so good on You!!!" The look on the mans face was priceless!!

Joan Merrie
12-14-2008, 11:33 AM
Just a little while ago at Walmart. we where at the make up area and the sales lady asked,"Do you ladies need any help". I was shocked as I wasn't trying to pass off as fem. I did have on my fem jeans, low heal boots, along sleeve shirt, and always wear a bra now. but my hair is long now. I didn't want to talk to give it away. my wife asked me in sign what she wanted, so the sales lady asked in sign the same ?, we told her no thank you we found what we are looking for. We got the extend mascara, and max factor pancake cover. I was on cloud nine I passed and wasn't tryng.:hugs:

Jennie CD
12-14-2008, 11:50 AM
:hugs: Yes it was about 3 weeks ago when I went to the local drive through taco shop (fully dressed) and when the young man (he was cute too) gave me my change - he said Gracias Senorita (spelling?) and even made a point to touch my hand when he gave me my change. Felt nice. Knew then that I was accepted as Jennie the lady. I even have gone there a couple more times and he has always addressed me as Senorita. :love: JennieCD

Jenny Beth
12-14-2008, 11:56 AM
You got that right, the first time being referred to as a woman is one of those moments that I'll never forget. For me it happened on my very first public outing with my wife, we had gone to a TG friendly restaurant in Vancouver's gay district. When we were seated the waitress asked if we "ladies" would like a drink. Throughout the evening she referred to me as Miss, at first I felt she was just being polite to a customer but her smile seemed genuine and it had me on cloud nine. She will never know this but what she did boosted my confidence and made subsequent outings much easier.

bridget jones
12-14-2008, 12:05 PM
I was at a wig boutique shopping for a new hairstyle.Of course I was dressed in femme.The sales lady treated me as I was a woman and took me to the back to try on several styles.It was a lasting impression on me and I love the lady like treatment I recieved,also I bought a gorgeous wig and wore it home.

Cari
12-14-2008, 12:12 PM
Hotel lobby headed out, just a complete stranger

Great memory

Cari

Samantha B L
12-14-2008, 12:39 PM
When my hair was shoulder length I got called everything from "Missy", "Mam" and how about "Rhonda"?!

Ronni Seymour
12-14-2008, 01:40 PM
For me, was when my wife and I went to a mall, (my first time out) and the first store we walked into, a jewlery boutique, the SA greeted us with, "How are you ladies today?". What a great feeling! From then on, that's all it's ever been.:battingeyelashes:

Toni_Lynn
12-14-2008, 01:48 PM
It was 1987 -- A Target store along the Southwest Freeway in Houston Texas -- teh area known as Sharpstown. I wasn't dressed fully, but I was was wearing earrings, carrying a purse and .. .well, presenting more girl than boy. And a little girl, maybe about 4 said, 'Mommy, that boy is a girl'

Hmmm .. does this count

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

Ronni Seymour
12-14-2008, 02:10 PM
And a little girl, maybe about 4 said, 'Mommy, that boy is a girl'

That's cute!:)

serinalynn
12-14-2008, 02:17 PM
Being called Ma'am has happend several times to and I just love it. I was shopping alone in a Las Vegas mall ladies store when a SA walked up and called me Ma'am, My wiife and I were called "ladies" in 3 different restaurants.

Being retired from the military, The kicker came twice in one morning I was called Ma'am by 2 different U.S. Marine Corps Gate Guards upon entry the Marine Base. I was on my way to work that day.

Sarah Martin
12-14-2008, 02:36 PM
No-one has ever called me 'miss'. They are usually too busy laughing... *sigh *

Brina Halloween
12-14-2008, 02:53 PM
I might have forgotten the first time. Previous years for Halloween, I don't think I passed and I wasn't trying.

The ones that stick in my memory. In drab but ladies jeans...my friend and I went by the grocery store on the retun from dancing and the guy packing purchases tried getting my attention saying "Ma'am" several times. Halloween morning this year dressed in a mini-skirt and girls t-shirt with wedges and being addressed as ma'am. No sign there that I didn't pass. Later that day at my dance, I know some people were not realizing immediately.

The reactions when your in drab and get addressed as ma'am are the best though.

Brina

Sammy777
12-14-2008, 05:32 PM
Way to many times to count. lol

Having hair almost waist length is a pretty sure fire way of being called miss or young lady from behind.

I have been mistaken for my sister [we have/had the same hair] & even got an excuse me miss once while wearing a suit of all things! lol

The look on their faces when I look up or turn around is always priceless, lol
Even funnier when I had a beard!

Kristen Marie
12-14-2008, 05:45 PM
Can't remember the first time, but the last time was Friday. I was in Payless checking out some new heels and the SA came offer and asked, hun, do you need some help? It's always a special time.

Teri Jean
12-14-2008, 07:04 PM
During Halloween I was dressed as a renaisance wench and as I was handing out candy to a couple of little girls (6-7years old) one asked if I was a girl that day. With her mom behind her I resonded that yes I was. She said okay and her mom said cute, very cute. The innocense of children will get a quite honest expression and the mom's addition put me on top.

Keli

Angie G
12-14-2008, 09:37 PM
I was shopping with wife and was mistaken for a girl from behind.:hugs:
Angie

Brandiwvr
12-14-2008, 10:37 PM
its always a speacial moment. haqd a young boy crawl up behind me and peak to no avail, he told his freind i was a girl, long time ago. was big giggle moment. sometimes peaple read me and figure it is the polite way to greet me.

CD Susan
12-14-2008, 11:11 PM
I have been called ma'am only once. It was during my first outing about six months ago. I was riding my mountain bike on a hiking/biking trail when I met a guy on the trail. As I approached him he said "morning ma'am". It made me feel very good especially it being my first time out.

Rita D
12-14-2008, 11:20 PM
Stopping at a manned toll booth- he took a glance at my legs too!:heehee:

marny
12-14-2008, 11:23 PM
It has been a while. First time was about 8 years ago. Never been more thrilled than when the girl said" ty maam"

Zenith
12-14-2008, 11:26 PM
Stopping at a manned toll booth- he took a glance at my legs too!:heehee:

I just canceled my electronic tag...so I gotta pay in person next outing...wonder what they will say...:heehee:...have to show some slip when I reach over for the change...:battingeyelashes: