PDA

View Full Version : This may sound crazy to some you but.....

Jennifer Giovannetta
12-14-2008, 06:31 PM
Sometimes I am too lazy to dress. I dont know what to make of it. I have the house to myself often. When I dress I like to dress fully. Usually a blouse, jeans, and sandals. Nothing special. I stay in the house. But the act of getting ready discourages me a bit. Putting on makeup and the whole deal. Dont get me wrong. I love to be dressed. The end result is great.
Im contemplating dressing tonight. Might as well do it as often as possible while I have the opportunity. Its not going to last forever.
Just wanted to know if any other girls feel the same way. Please let me know what you think.

Thanks!

Karren H
12-14-2008, 06:34 PM
I've been burnt out on dressing many times, where it's just not worth the effort... and the urges come and go... so I wouldn't worry about it if I were you...

Cary
12-14-2008, 06:40 PM
Like most of us here, I love to dress. I keep a busy schedule most days, so yes there are times when I don't feel like dressing up totally. I try to wear at least one piece of femm clothing most days.

Cary

Teri Jean
12-14-2008, 06:42 PM
I was going to say we should lock you in a room with Karen for a week and that will change. Sorry Karen. Heggs. But she is right, there are times when it doesn't feel the top thing on the chart but then again one needs to dress. Go with the flow even if it is a little, have fun. Keli

Annette_boy
12-14-2008, 06:47 PM
It is a lot of work to be a Girl

Jonianne
12-14-2008, 06:48 PM
Oh yes, there have been many times I could have dressed but just did not want to go through all the trouble of make up and stuff. Don't be hard on yourself, if you don't want to, then don't. I've found that just doing little things sometimes is all I need. When I finally do get fully dressed, I have never felt disappointed.

Cristi
12-14-2008, 06:54 PM
There have been times when I've looked forward to a day off alone for weeks, knowing that it would be the perfect opportunity to dress and go out. Then the day comes...and I just don't feel like putting in the effort. Instead of forcing myself (what would be the point?) I just take it in stride and do something different. I KNOW the next day I'll be in the mood to dress again and mourn the lost opportunity. :(

There are many many days where I don't make the effort to do anything (I only go all out and get out of the house 4-5 times a year) but what I consider 'not dressing, just something comfortable after work' more often than not includes a skirt or dress, tights and perhaps a bra and forms. topped off with a bit of lipstick and some earrings. So I guess it is all just a matter of scale. Many of the things I barely even think of as CDing anymore others would consider getting fully dressed!

Debutante
12-14-2008, 06:59 PM
Yes, I have felt the same way. I'd lik,e to do the full dress up, esp. with good make up, but I feel too tired or not entirely up to it to do it. I like to look good... but it IS so much work!

Barbaraheels
12-14-2008, 08:20 PM
I totally understand. Lots of times I am very lazy and do not feel like going through the process of dressing. I need to set aside at least 45 minutes to get dressed including my makeup time. Then when finished it takes 20 minutes to a half hour to wash off my makeup. I used to be be satisfied with just wearing clothes, but now I need to dress all the way with makeup. So its all or nothing for me, I know its crazy.

Ronni Seymour
12-14-2008, 09:21 PM
Lately, I haven't wanted to put out the effort. So I usually just underdress during the day and wear nightclothes to bed. This usually satisfies me until the urge, or the time, to dress completely, comes back. I'm at the place, where really I don't care to dress fully, unless I intend on going out.

docrobbysherry
12-14-2008, 09:41 PM
I've had the house to myself since yesterday, (Sat.), afternoon. Even went back to the office yesterday to pick up more goodies!:D

Intended to dress last nite, but couldn't get strarted! Oh well, I thot. I'll start first thing SUNDAY AM,
( today)! Yeah, sure thing, buddy!

Didn't get started until 3:30 pm. Here I am, back in front of my computer, after 3 HOURS OF TRYING ON OUTFITS, etc! ( Typical CD time period for me).

I'm STILL dressed to the teeth! But, these heels r starting to kill me! :doh:

Hey! No one forces us to dress rite? ( Except in our fantasies!).:daydreaming:

Janet Bern
12-14-2008, 10:06 PM
The same thing happened to me today. I dressed yesterday (makeup, wig, stockings) Today I had the run of the house and decided it just wasnt worth the effort. Even some days I plan to go shopping enfemme, I sort of look at it as a hassle and put it off. Not sure why. I am glad I am not a woman. Too much preparation. LOL
Janet

Billie1
12-14-2008, 10:23 PM
No, dear, in this case, you are not alone. There's been many times that I've had the oppurtunity and time, but some days, I'm just too beat to go through the motions. This "work" thing sure gets in the way of being pretty! Just have to wait for the lottery, or a rich relative to keep me in the styles I want!:D

CD Susan
12-14-2008, 10:43 PM
Jennifer, I know how you feel. I dress every day but sometimes I too feel lazy and don't bother with makeup and a wig. I usually just wear jeans or slacks and a blouse or sweater. I save the full dressing with the makeup for the times that I go out.

StephanieT
12-14-2008, 10:49 PM
In order to totally complete the whole dressing image, It sometimes takes me 1 1/2 to 2 hours. By the time I shower, shave, dry my hair, make-up, wig, nails, etc, it takes a long time. Sometimes I don't think it is worth it. Just wait until you want to.

Tasha McIntyre
12-14-2008, 11:00 PM
Sometimes I cant be bothered doing the whole hair and make up thing either, especially if I only have a couple of hours to myself. I am completely happy with just getting around the house in a skirt and girly top.

Michl41
12-14-2008, 11:42 PM
Me too.......sometimes it's just too much time and effort, I don't believe in doing anything half way..........it sure is a lot of work to look good:straightface:...................Michelle

Daenna Paz
12-14-2008, 11:48 PM
I have to admit, if I'm not going anywhere I sometimes feel that all the effort is not worth my while: Other times, you couldn't keep my out of my outfits!

Alice Torn
12-15-2008, 12:04 AM
I only dress all the way, about twice or three times a month, except to wear tights, or pantyhose under my pants, as long underwear, in this cold! It is hard work! No wonder so may birthgirls just thrown on jeans, and t-shirts, and don't bother, these days! Too bad for us, though.

Jocelyn Quivers
12-15-2008, 12:20 AM
Same here, sometimes if I only have 1 day off after several long days of work. I sometimes do not feel like going through all the effort of getting completely made up.

Laura Evans
12-15-2008, 12:30 AM
I live alone and can dress all I want but I too don't always feel like it or don't have enough time. Most of the time I do not wear makeup, I make the time for that only when I am going out. So don't feel bad it is normal.

Vivian Chen
12-15-2008, 12:41 AM
I dress fully or not dress at all. This leads to me dressing 3 or 4 times a year. I'm actually fine with that. There's not much of a point for me to dress unless I have a photoshoot or for an event I'm attending.

DanaR
12-15-2008, 01:38 AM
I totally understand. Lots of times I am very lazy and do not feel like going through the process of dressing. I need to set aside at least 45 minutes to get dressed including my makeup time. Then when finished it takes 20 minutes to a half hour to wash off my makeup. I used to be be satisfied with just wearing clothes, but now I need to dress all the way with makeup. So its all or nothing for me, I know its crazy.

I'm somewhat the same, but have started to change. I used to totally be this way and have found that my dressing has been less and less. Now I'm dressing more and more without doing makeup, or at least full makeup. Usually if I'm going to do makeup, I would like the experience to last longer than a couple of hours.

Jennifer Giovannetta
12-15-2008, 07:12 AM
Thank you for all of the responses. It appears that I am not alone on this subject. Last night I did dress. I was tired but did it anyway. Stayed dressed for a while then undresssed. It was a lot of fun. Im glad I did because now I feel that I satisfied my urges. I will wait for the urge to arise again. When the need to dress comes back it will be great. In my experience I can tell you it will not take long for me to get the urge to dress again! Usually a few days to a week typically do it for me.
Thanks Girls!

Rachaelb64
12-15-2008, 07:57 AM
I know just how you feel, sometimes it just like.....umph! can't be bothered :)

Sarah...
12-15-2008, 08:37 AM
It's normal! In my view. Not everyone wants to wear makeup every day. Sometimes the natural look is all that's needed. Not everyone wants a full-on hairdo every day, so wear it down, or short or however it comes naturally. It all just enables you to focus on who you are inside if you just go with the flow sometimes.

Sarah...

Mary Jane
12-15-2008, 08:57 AM
I fit in the same category. I sometimes have opportunities to dress and think about all the work and just decide not to do it. I do not dress without makeup and it just seems like too much to cope with.

Angie G
12-15-2008, 09:08 AM
Not me if I'm tired sometimes I just put on some pajamas but always girly.:hugs:
Angie

XdresserAshley
12-15-2008, 11:39 AM
I agree. It's especially hard for me since I still live with my parents and I have to hide everything and always worry about if they might find it. I'm on winter break for college and not working, but my older brother just got laid-off and he's home every day too, so I have no time to dress. I'm just wearing a bra underneath my sweatshirt right now though.

beenherelongtime
12-15-2008, 11:46 AM
As most of the others have told you, this is normal. We all know these feelings come and go. The secret is to remember "This too will pass"

Shari
12-16-2008, 07:40 AM
I'm happy to see I'm not alone. Sometimes I just feel too lazy to be bothered.
It is so much easier to pull on a sweatshirt instead of a bra and do battle with a blouse that buttons from the wrong side. Same goes for the sweatpants versus tugging on a pair of pantyhose. And tose tiny straps and buckles on a pair of sandals can be such a bother instead of slipping on an old pair of moccasins.
But then those special times always come back again.
Yum!