PDA

View Full Version : Do you see crossdressing as a building project ?

JoAnne Wheeler
12-15-2008, 08:59 AM
In reading so many Threads and Posts on this site, I have often wqondered if we CDers, in part, see CDing as a building or constuction process. I know othat many of us love to "build" things, from model railroads, model planes
and the restoration of cars and antiques. I have always loved to build things. I have the ability to see things in my mind as they will look before I even start on the project. I love to build trails and paths in the woods and do yardwork and collect model trains and real consttruction equipment.

Sometimes I look at CDing as the ability to take an old male body and build and transform it into a woman. When I shop, I can tell in my mind how something is going to look. I love putting "ALL" the pieces together to acheive the transformation. I receive great satisfaction when I look in the mirror and see JoAnne starring back at me. My crowing glory is when my wife looks at my transformation and tells me "You really look nice".

CDing has many other aspects including the relief of stress and the love of the feel and look of our female clothing and the chance to think femine thoughs and act as a woman. I actually love to look at womens' magazines and watch a program on TV about how to dress properly including the proper makeup and clothing. They pick out a GG and transform her during the show. I'd rather watch that than pro football. I enjoy the orchestra and plays and museums when I am in my fem mode. I am not found of any ofthose when I am in my male mode - I prefer cars, basketball and football.

But, getting back to my original thought, do you see the transforming of our old male bodies into "works of art" when we fully dress and plan each piece of underwear, clothing, makeup, wigs and shoes. I love it. It gives me great satisfaction and enjoyment to be able to do that.

Do any of you feel that way at times.

JoAnne Wheeler

Jocelyn Quivers
12-15-2008, 09:13 AM
Good comparison, in many ways that is how I feel when I spend a large amount of time in effort into getting dressed up. Be it a few hours putting together outfits, deciding what skirt looks best with which top, which pair of shoes to wear, and picking out the wig and style of make up I will use. All so that I can create or build my femme side for that session of dressing.

Karren H
12-15-2008, 10:04 AM
Well I've always thought of mine as a hobby for sure... Not really a construction project but there are a lot of simularities..

I love tools!! Every new project deserves a new tool and crossdressing is no different.. I'm a sucker for every makeup tool ever invented..

Supplies.. Like going to Home Depot to pick up supplies for a new project... I'm always running to Walmart and Walgreens and Kohl's..... For more makeup and nail polish and lingerie...

Yeah!!! I'll have to get crossdressing put on my wifes honey-do list!! :D

Desiree2bababe
12-15-2008, 10:32 AM
The transformation process is the funnest part for me. I love each step, from the soak in bubbles, the makeup, the foundation wear, the hosiery, the heels, the dresses, the wig to the crowning glory of my dragonlady nails.

Julie513
12-15-2008, 11:00 AM
Good comparison. I too love to build things, and part of the fun is the gathering of supplies and planning the finished project. In a lot of ways that's what I do when I shop for my clothes and make-up. Then there's the anticipation of the final look when all of the individual pieces come together. Of course, there have been those "projects" that could not pass final inspection, had to be condemned and torn down :laughing:
Julie

docrobbysherry
12-15-2008, 11:32 AM
Altho I wouldn't classify what I do as "art", it DOES tap into my creative/artistic/tinkering side! Here's what I've done related to my CDing:

Of course, I'm constantly tinkering with different combinations of outfits and accessories to discover new looks that will look good together! And different fem figures, as well!

Adding eyes, teeth and width, then painting plastic masks.

Making silicone accessories for dressing, my femskin suit, breast forms, plugs, etc.

Making my own hip and butt pads out of foam.

Sculpting molds for my silicone masks.

Then, mixing, tinting, and pouring them. Afterwards, they need to be completed with lots of finish work, before they can be worn.

Sewing skills learned to repair my outfits. I've learned how to add material to the backs of a number of dresses I liked, but didn't fit!

Now, I must learn makeup skills for the silicone masks! Which HAS to be one of most difficult and frustrating experiences in my 10 years of CDing!:doh:
( I guess I'll sign up for Karen's on line lessons!):heehee:

After listing it all, it's not wonder I spend so much prep time on my CDing!
Unfortunately, unlike u, I have no vision of what something(s) will look like before I see it! I'm getting a bit better with outfits, but have SUCH a long way to go!:eek:

Sally2005
12-15-2008, 01:34 PM
Yes it has some aspects of building, but more related to being creative and having a driving desire. At first it was all emotion and hit and miss results, but as I understand myself better and have taken a realistic view of who I am, I usually have a specific goal in mind. So, I dress 100% and it is geared to a specific result like passing in public or looking like a character for a party. In that way, it is like building because you have to find all the materials and put them together to look good enough to reach the end result. It is a continuous process of learning, reflecting and getting better. Maybe call it character building...

Alice B
12-16-2008, 02:31 PM
Based upon your idea I would have to classify myself as an old, established house that needs occasional remodeling to improve it's looks and value. So, every time I plan to dress it must be carefully thought out so the final product will look good. And once completed I must study the result in a mirror from time to time.:heehee:

Kimmie
12-16-2008, 05:43 PM
Certainly there is a goal in this. Being able to confidently pass during the day. And getting away with entering and winning a ladies poker tournament where gestures are scrutinized.