PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Brands of Clothes

BEBE-Whore
07-12-2004, 02:23 AM
Hi,
I'm Leah I'm 24, 5'8, 130 pounds and I'm very thin and have a very tight lean body. Size 4 or 6. I dress very sexy & moderen. And I was just wondering what all the other girls on this site like to wear? I like clothes from BEBE, Chanel, Cache, Gucci, Dolce & Gabbana, Burberry, Guess, Abercrombie, Wet Seal, Forever21, XOXO, Rampage, Bisou Bisou, Armani Exchange, Arden B, Express, Hollister, Hot Topic, The Limited, La Perla, & Victoria's Secret. My Favorite shoes are Manolo Blahnik, Christian Dior, Jimmy Choo, Chanel, Gucci, BEBE, Aldo, Nine West, & Steve Madden. Purse's Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Buberry, Coach, & Kate Spade. And MAC cosmetics of course. Just as long as it looks cute I'll wear it. Add a www..com to most of the brands that I have listed and you'll see my style.

Shy Charlotte
07-12-2004, 03:18 AM
Nice to see a gal with some fashion sense....

I'm partial to Lypservice, Forever 21, Charlotte Russe (hence my name), Hot Topic, Victoria's Secret, Frederick's of Hollywood, Wet Seal, and whatever else I can squeeze into that looks decent.

I can squeeze into a size 9-11, assuming I don't need to breathe and assuming the dress is sleeveless (most sleeved dresses are a little hard on the shoulders and biceps). Ah well, most dresses weren't made for the 5'11", 180lb. crowd I suppose.

As far as shoe ware, it's Hush Puppies for comfort, Frederick's 5" pumps for looks, and either unlaced combat boots or black Aiwalks (look surprisingly nice with black fishnets) for everyday.

Wow, must be expensive getting Dolce, Bebe, Gucci, accessorizing, AND taking care of clothing Mr. Leah....

Hats off to you and welcome aboard,
The Shy One

windycissy
07-12-2004, 10:10 AM
For a girl on a budget, you can't beat Marshalls or Filene's Basement here in Chicago. I only hit the name stores when they have sales on. I scored a cute skirt at Anne Taylor loft that way, and when they have their blowout sales, Talbott's can be great (note: their sizes run large, if you're an 18 you can feel better about yourself by slipping into a 16). For sensible shoes, try Payless. And don't forget the department stores: Marshall Fields and Lord & Taylor have some great sales. Ask Windy (http://snurl.com/askwindy)

Madilyn
07-12-2004, 10:24 AM
Hi,
I'm Leah I'm 24, 5'8, 130 pounds and I'm very thin and have a very tight lean body. Size 4 or 6. I dress very sexy & moderen. And I was just wondering what all the other girls on this site like to wear? I like clothes from BEBE, Chanel, Cache, Gucci, Dolce & Gabbana, Burberry, Guess, Abercrombie, Wet Seal, Forever21, XOXO, Rampage, Bisou Bisou, Armani Exchange, Arden B, Express, Hollister, Hot Topic, The Limited, La Perla, & Victoria's Secret. My Favorite shoes are Manolo Blahnik, Christian Dior, Jimmy Choo, Chanel, Gucci, BEBE, Aldo, Nine West, & Steve Madden. Purse's Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Buberry, Coach, & Kate Spade. And MAC cosmetics of course. Just as long as it looks cute I'll wear it. Add a www..com to most of the brands that I have listed and you'll see my style.

Welcome Leah, it's great to see you post here. I'm sure you'll have a great time getting to know all of the wonderful ladies who inhabit this forum. I'm afraid my budget won't allow me the luxury of shopping at all of the fashion retailers you mention (neither will my figure), but I commend you on your fashion sense...Ahh, to be 24 again, lol...

I am pleased to say that I just ordered three, count them...THREE, dresses from Frederick's Of Hollywood that I hope I'll be able to squeeze into by the end of the month. They're having an across-the-board 40% off sale right now, so if anyone is a fan of Frederick's...now is the time to shop there. I'd show you what I picked-up, but I don't want to bore everyone.

Take care, enjoy the designer lifestyle, and keep us posted on what you pick-up. Have a wonderful day.

Kisses,

Maddy :cool:

BEBE-Whore
07-12-2004, 12:07 PM
I thank my girlfriend for giving me good fashion sense. Most of the clothing retailers that I listed are the places she shops at. She will usually call me when she finds something that she thinks I'll look cute in. Other than that I usually do the shopping my self.(Just tell them I'm getting a present for my girlfriend) And I also thank Cosmo, Allure, Glamour, Marie Clair, & Vogue for keeping me up on the fashion seen. You girls should also look at Maxim, Stuff, FHM, and Playboy. The brands of the clothing the models wear is usually listed in the back of the magazine or on the same page of the photo spread. The way I think about dressing is I think "What would I be wearing if I was a young girl my age right now?" If you really want to see my "style" of clothing just check out the movie or the web site Mean Girls. I have almost all the outfits the girls wear in that movie. But not all my clothing is pricey. Check out www.forever21.com www.XOXO.com & www.rampage.com they have super cute clothing and it not too pricey. I will be posting some of what I wrote as a separate post. (Just in case you see it again)

jenny_k78
07-12-2004, 11:24 PM
Hi Leah, Welcome!!! :D

starlitsky
07-12-2004, 11:56 PM
looking at my collection ... i find that i tend to like a lot of things that le chateau puts out ... but to be honest, i think my wardrobe is a huge mish-mash of stuff that catches my eye .... and washed things that were supposed to be dry clean only :o

Vallari
08-28-2004, 10:19 PM
^
Same here gurl! Whatever looks good is how I go about it too. I have a few things from Hydraulic and Von Mozart though. Due to budget, Im confined to stores like ROSS and Wal Mart for now. They have good things, you just have to look, which just makes it funner. Someday, I wish to get more from BEBE and Victoria Secret though. But hey, its something to look foward too! :D

Sonya Love
08-28-2004, 11:27 PM
I love my Dolce shoes and Hot Topic skirts. But even Nordstrom's has discount stores, and there's nothing wrong with saving a bit of money on stuff you're not *entirely* sure will fit.

Alayna
08-29-2004, 12:10 AM
^
Due to budget, Im confined to stores like ROSS and Wal Mart for now. They have good things, you just have to look, which just makes it funner.
I've found a lot of the designers mentioned at Ross. That's where I got my first tastes of Rampage and Express - They're my current faves. You can even find Victoria's Secret there if you're willing to look. They cut the manufacturer tags off but you can't miss the signature pink size tag. I love the Jrs. department too because their sizes tend to run large so you get a little ego boost - I bought a pair of Zana Di jeans there that fit perfectly. Drum roll please..........size 5! (Of course that's the reason you should always try them on before you buy)

crissy28
08-29-2004, 02:12 AM
I like mainly teen girl fashions for Jr girls

Mudd
LEI
Bubble gum
Billabong
aeropostle
Hot kiss
union bay
Old Navy
Calvin klein
tommy hilfigur

Victorias secret
hanes her way
Joe boxer

Sketchers
Adidas
Nike
Fila

Amelie
08-29-2004, 04:02 AM
I make my own clothes, so I like clothes made by Me inc.
I used to buy womens clothes from the shops, but I did so much alterations, that I decided to make my own.
Sometimes I will buy at salvation army store, the brands are whatever they got, I don't really know. Same with shoes, no special brand, just what looks good to me.
I do like Cherokee brand tights from Target, they fit well, you don't have to fuss with them like others.

Love Amelie

Shinya
08-29-2004, 04:23 AM
I have to buy when I can and make what doesn't excist.(whispers6'4") There was a time I could fit into 10/12. Not to bad as tall as I am. (needs to eat lighter)

Plus most of you are lucky in the footwear department. But thats not all bad I guess I get to wear (13/14) shoes and boots with 5 to 7 inch heels without platforms. Only negative here is if I wear platforms I get nose bleeds!

Shinya

Head in the clouds....

Alayna
08-30-2004, 11:21 PM
Only negative here is if I wear platforms I get nose bleeds!

Oh how I feel your pain. I'm so jealous of the girls who can pop into a department store and have their pick from every shoe they carry. I go in to these stores and do a quick walk-through to see if they carry any 13's but no one does. Even the internet is pretty limited - mostly platforms. I've got you beat by an inch and have a pair of platforms that almost put me at ceiling height:eek: . I'd throw them away if they didn't feel so good!

AmberDay
08-30-2004, 11:28 PM
Goodwill, K-mart, Wal-mart, and when I am feeling 'saucy' I'll go to Target.

Amber