PDA

View Full Version : Health Benefits of Being a CD

JanetHarper
12-15-2008, 02:36 PM
I've often thought that CDing is good for you.

When I can't dress for a while (2-3 days) I definitely start get tense and ratty and I'm certainly a nicer person en-femme. So there are psychological benefits.

I also watch my weight to try and stay a size 14 (I'd love to be a 12). I'm sure if I didn't dress I'd be a good deal larger and unhealthier.

Does anyone else find the same or other benefits.

Joanne f
12-15-2008, 02:59 PM
Yeah, i am really only 21yrs old , look what all that stress and anxiety has done for me , it`s enough to drive anyone to :drink::Pullhair::witsend:

Karren H
12-15-2008, 03:48 PM
Well for sure I'm taking better care of myself and I lost 50 pounds.. But I no longer get stressed if I don't dress for a while.. So that's actually a plus.. But offset that with the fact that a lot of the makeup and beauty products have cancer causing components.. And taking supliments to promote breast growth which can lead to breast cancer.. So in the long run who really knows if its healthier or not..

Janet Bern
12-15-2008, 04:01 PM
Hi Janet
I see you are a golfer. I am too. Golf in NJ and Fla
How about you. where are you from?
Being a 14 we could borrow
but I am pretty tall
Janet

tricia_uktv
12-15-2008, 06:28 PM
I watch what I eat. I walk for miles and I dance forever to build up attitude. There are other things I won't mention here but I now feel as fit as I was when I was 25. Yes, there are many benefits of dressing!

Phyliss
12-15-2008, 06:38 PM
Having left over 70 pounds of myself on the gym floor, and being more careful about my facial skin, I've been told that I look almost 10 yrs younger.

General attitude has vastly improved.

Yeah I'd say there was some benefit to all this "girly stuff"

The only "downside" along with a slimmer waist I also have a "slimmer" bank account.

NancyTO
12-15-2008, 06:40 PM
.. But offset that with the fact that a lot of the makeup and beauty products have cancer causing components..

I hear women get less skin cancer on the face less because they are protected to some degree by makeup (foundation and lipstick), especially makeup with SPF protection.

Kate Simmons
12-15-2008, 06:58 PM
As far as CDing, it's mostly psychological and mindset. The greatest health benefit I see is the freedom to be myself in any mode.:)

Karren H
12-15-2008, 07:25 PM
I hear women get less skin cancer on the face less because they are protected to some degree by makeup (foundation and lipstick), especially makeup with SPF protection.

True but one of the main indrediants in mineral makeup and sun block is TiO2 which is now listed as a cancer causing agent when inhaled...

catriona36
12-15-2008, 07:35 PM
karren your not meant to snort your foundation sis :heehee:

Karren H
12-15-2008, 07:43 PM
karren your not meant to snort your foundation sis :heehee:

Damn.... I've been doing it all wrong all these years!!! :)

charlie
12-15-2008, 07:47 PM
Hello Janet!
Welcome to the forum. I hope that you get as much information and enjoyment out of talking to all of these girls as I do! I think that the only health benefit I get from being a crossdresser is eating less and trying to maintain a reasonable waist size. That is probably offset though by the stress of going out and worrying about being outed by a lout.

Tess
12-15-2008, 08:41 PM
I think that the only health benefit I get from being a crossdresser is eating less and trying to maintain a reasonable waist size. That is probably offset though by the stress of going out and worrying about being outed by a lout.

Exactly my feelings! As I long as I'm not tempted into hormones which have been shown to cause breast cancer in several studies, one released in the last week.

Karren H
12-15-2008, 08:44 PM
How about the increased number of car accidents while you looking at your makeup in the rearview mirror doing 75 on the interstate highway??? Not healthy at all!! lol

CD Susan
12-16-2008, 12:39 AM
I make a conscious effort to maintain my weight and to stay slim and trim. Being a cd makes me happy and I think that is reflected in my positve outlook on life.

docrobbysherry
12-16-2008, 12:43 AM
Health benefits? Does my avatar look like a 60 y/o? If most of my friends, that r my age, started CDing, they couldn't fit into anything except Mu Mu's! :o

Every time I gain 10 lbs., 25% of my wardrobe won't fit! Whereas, if I LOSE 10 lbs., there's another 15+ pieces in there, that I can fit into for the first time!:D How's that for motivation?

However, none of that compares to how active CDing keeps my mind! I'm constantly thinking of new costume/dressing combinations, and ways to change my looks!:daydreaming:

JanetHarper
12-16-2008, 12:59 AM
Janet, hey that's a coincidence (name-sport). Unfortunately I'm in NSW Australia. Still the way my daughter is playing maybe I'll be following her round on the pro tour in a few years.

Off the sport thread (there are other forums for that). One down side, and I'm not sure if it's the girly side or just me, is a love of chocolate - although the chocolate manufacturers would have you believe it's good for you. Possibly not a half pound at a time.

Toni_Lynn
12-16-2008, 08:09 AM
For me CDing has saved my life. I started drinking because of prejudice shown by others. A litre of rum everyday, and 4 time that much from Friday evening to Sunday night.

It was only when I went to AA that I recognised that I had this strength in me, an incredible drive to be me that all found its nexus in my crossdressing. I tapped that strength 20 years ago, and it has helped me to stand up to those who seek to hurt me -- and that includes me! -- as well as stay sober.

Had I not been a crossdresser, I feel that I would either be dead or a skid-row drunk.

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

victoriamwilliams1
12-16-2008, 08:53 AM
I would say yes, I did not dress for a while and I did stress out and spent a few days in a hospital and took the rest of the week off from everything! Now I make sure to dress at least once a month or more and I feel better.

KareeAnn
01-27-2009, 03:49 PM
Definately relaxing and always watching what i eat. Im sick right now and cant eat, but the idea that skirts will fit better is a plus.

Robyn7778
01-27-2009, 03:58 PM
Count me as one of those who is more diligent about exercising now that I CD.

JoAnne Wheeler
01-27-2009, 03:59 PM
This post has come up frequently - for the majority if not all of us, CROSSDRESSING has the following health benefits:

1) the desire to lose weight
2) the desire to take care of our bodies
3) the relief of stress
4) the relief of depression and anxiety
5) the relief of suicidal thoughts
6) the relief of frustration and irritability
7) the rationalization of who and what we are so we can work toward accepting ourselves
8) the relief of shame, secrecy, being afraid to deal with ourselves
9) the opportunity to live our lives to the fullest where we can explore our feminine traits
10) the opportunity to express ourselves on Forums like this

I am sure that there are a whole lot more, but that is what was on my mind right now

JoAnne Wheeler

renee k
01-27-2009, 04:16 PM
I've often thought that CDing is good for you.

When I can't dress for a while (2-3 days) I definitely start get tense and ratty and I'm certainly a nicer person en-femme. So there are psychological benefits.

I also watch my weight to try and stay a size 14 (I'd love to be a 12). I'm sure if I didn't dress I'd be a good deal larger and unhealthier.

Does anyone else find the same or other benefits.

I agree dressing has kept my waist line in check.

Huggs, Renee