PDA

View Full Version : Dressing rooms in Department Stores

Sara_TV
06-08-2005, 10:54 AM
A few weeks ago I was discriminated against for using the Women's dressing room at Marshal Field's here in Mishawaka. The mean women wouldn't let me use it and said I had to use the Men's one on the 2nd floor. Has anyone else had a similar situation? There was NO sign that said it was Women's either. it was simply a dressing room in the lingerie section. I was able to try on the bali panties but they kept harassing me when I was in there. Making sure I wasn't doing anything bad to anyone when I NEVER had any intention of doing so. I was quite upset and depressed about it afterwards. I never did buy the panties either. So today I'm buying them on One Hanes Place instead. It still hurts me when I think about it though. I hope someone can give me some moral support. People are way too narrowminded out there and I hate this SEXIST world!!

Tristen Cox
06-08-2005, 11:07 AM
Consolation? I have none. We live in a stereotypical world. Ignorance rules. Why? Because the only things heard in the mainstream about us is usually the bad and not the good. The rest of us suffer. It's just so wrong but that's the way it seems to be.

DonnaT
06-08-2005, 01:47 PM
Sorry to hear that Sara. You know, it's always best to ask first. Heck, Lane Bryant is known to be ok with CDs, but one should even ask there. In some places they could have you arrested for disorderly conduct. They could even ban you from the store and arrest you for tresspass. A pair of panties isn't worth all that bother.

Sharon
06-08-2005, 02:30 PM
I think some of these stores feel that female customers will be too uncomfortable knowing that there was a man in the next stall. Remember -- they don't know you and what kind of person you are.
Just carry the items to the men's department and try them on there.

Ibuki_Warpetal
06-08-2005, 02:33 PM
I think some of these stores feel that female customers will be too uncomfortable knowing that there was a man in the next stall. Remember -- they don't know you and what kind of person you are.
Just carry the items to the men's department and try them on there.
^^^

It's not discrimination towards you, it's being fair to everyone else. If they let you go into the women's dressing (doesn't have to be marked, it's in the ladies section) room they would have to let any bloke with a skirt in.

The world is essentially separated into two categories: penis and vagina.

Tasha Norval
06-08-2005, 02:57 PM
i'll have to side with miss Ibuki on this one. If I were a GG and had a male anywhere nearby, I would be extremely uncomfortable.

And I'm afraid some of our 'macho' counterparts are notorious for exploiting women in these situations. It's just a safty issue. If the store is so adamant about it, there's a good chance this has happened there before. Sorry to sound negative. I hope things go better in the future.

I'm curious though: what were you wearing when this happened? Anything effeminate?

Sara_TV
06-08-2005, 04:22 PM
^^^

It's not discrimination towards you, it's being fair to everyone else. If they let you go into the women's dressing (doesn't have to be marked, it's in the ladies section) room they would have to let any bloke with a skirt in.

The world is essentially separated into two categories: penis and vagina.

Yeah right! It IS discrimination because they are catering to Women and not Men! That's discrimination. Just like when whites took over the buses in the 60's and got preferences of where to sit over blacks, that was discrimination. How dare you say likewise!!

Ibuki_Warpetal
06-08-2005, 04:27 PM
Yeah right! It IS discrimination because they are catering to Women and not Men! That's discrimination. Just like when whites took over the buses in the 60's and got preferences of where to sit over blacks, that was discrimination. How dare you say likewise!!
They cater to men in the Men's section. :|

And your facts are twisted on the bus thing. Rosa Parks "happened" during the 50s. December 1, 1955 to be precise. It was at that point that opposite of what you said began happening.

You obviously don't understand what's going on around you.