PDA

View Full Version : i Want to come out

Brianna Kylee
06-08-2005, 11:13 AM
Hi girls, in the past couple of weeks since school has been out i've really been wanting to come out to my mother about my crossdressing. I've only told one person ever and that was a girl who lived on my floor at school. She was so accepting and i'm glad i told her, but now i really want to come out to my mom. I've come so close to doing it too, like the thoughts are always on my mind when i talk to her. we went to boston last friday which is an hour drive and it was just me and her, i wanted to blurt it but instead i just stayed silent the whole trip. The big problem is that i'm not sure how she'll react. I know she loves me and i know she should have unconditional love but when i was younger maybe around 10 years old we watched the movie To Wong Foo and my mother said to me that if me or my brother ever did that she would disown us. I asked her why and she said that girls clothes are for girls. but that was like 8 years ago and my moms views on the world have changed and sometimes shes mostly talk. She also told me and my brother never to drink or smoke pot but she has accepted those parts of my brother. When she first saw him high last week she just called him a jerk and didnt seem tooo upset, but i dont think that really has relevence to my situation.

Any way i've been dressing since i can remember (like 3 y.o.) and this is a huge part of my life. what do you girls think? any feedback is welcome

Ashley Allison
06-08-2005, 11:32 AM
If you feel it is time to tell your mother, then you should certainly do it. Can't really tell you what do because you have to feel the situation and decide for yourself. You said that you believe that she will still give you unconditional love. If that's the case, I say go for it.

As for what your mother said about crossdressing when you saw To Wong Foo, I wouldn't take it that seriously. She like everyone else who isn't TG is just echoing the deeply ingrained negative stereotypes that society teaches us. You're just going to have to be a trailblazer and convince her otherwise.

Katie Ashe
06-08-2005, 12:07 PM
I can relate... I'm debating to tell my dad froma previous convo. He said "...the only thing I can do that would even make him mad at me is to kill someone." Yet I still don't have the balls to tell him. I know he'll not understand but accept it anyways. My feelings are more torn than his would be, I think. When the time is right you'll know, I suppose.

Katie

Julie York
06-08-2005, 03:13 PM
The thing you need to remember when coming out to anyone is that is can't be taken back, it won't go back in the bottle, and it spreads.

So ask yourself "What purpose will it serve?"

I'm not suggesting you should or shouldn't, but if it serves no purpose then why confuse and upset anyone.

racquel
06-08-2005, 04:45 PM
My two sense?come clean.
Like you I was a life long dresser and finally came out to my mother thirty years later and we both feel that we had missed out on a lot that we could have shared during my years at home.

Kimberly
06-08-2005, 05:03 PM
when i was younger maybe around 10 years old we watched the movie To Wong Foo and my mother said to me that if me or my brother ever did that she would disown us. I asked her why and she said that girls clothes are for girls. but that was like 8 years ago and my moms views on the world have changed and sometimes shes mostly talk.
Like many non-CDers, I think she may not know all the facts.

I've also been feeling like this, and my advice to you is that if and when you do come out to her, explain to her your feelings and drive behind CDing.

I'm your age, (I can guess, 18?), and may have to come out to my parents because of us moving house whilst I'm away from home during the summer. Telling them is the prefered option, to packing it all away in an unmarked box :p

So, I think that when you do tell her, make sure she understands that your not a pervert and that she shouldn't disown you... just that you want to do this and always have deep down. Make sure she understands you and she will love you! :)