PDA

View Full Version : Help needed

CharlotteW
12-16-2008, 02:39 PM
Help! I may be going to a party this weekend, all dressed up:o. My problem is that I'm really masculine, a chunky build but a little overweight too. My wife can sort out the make-up and the wig but I'm a little stressed out because I think I'm going to look awful and make a fool out of myself.

Are there any ladies who look great as a woman, but also look very masculine when in drab? I'd love to see some pics to give me some confidence.

Many thanks

Sammy777
12-16-2008, 02:53 PM
Check out the Boy-mode / Girl-mode thread (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83642)

For some it is night n day, "No way it's the same person".

For others you could almost think "they" were siblings, lol.

DonnaT
12-16-2008, 03:14 PM
5'9" and 270 lbs

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61421

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46370

Carole Cross
12-16-2008, 03:32 PM
I think most of us here suffer from the same problem, I certainly do. If you are going to a party, surely the main point is to enjoy yourself. If anyone makes a comment directly to you then just try to laugh it off. If people see that you are not really troubled by how you look they probably wont say anything or may say something positive.
The point I am trying to make is that if you lookthe best you can an act confidently then you shouldnt have toomany problems.
Who cares what others think you are going to enjoy yourself, after all its only a party, have fun.:D

docrobbysherry
12-16-2008, 09:22 PM
Folks mite think twice about saying anything around u! They would worry about their safety!:eek:

beenherelongtime
12-16-2008, 10:35 PM
try to dress appropratiate for your body style. we cannot all be beauty queens. if you dress neatly and proper for your age, no one should make fun of you. be confident, it seems your wife knows, so you're one up there. good luck.

Brina Halloween
12-16-2008, 10:59 PM
I assume it is not a "coming out" party....so I would guess it is themed, belated Halloween, or advertised as TG friendly. The first year, I got tricked by a gg to wear ladies clothes to a regular dance because others were going to dress again after the Halloween dance the night before.....even she came in drab. The best compliment I got was from a guy, I freaked him out but he admired my guts for acting natural in a dress.

Have your wife help choose the outfit and do the make-up and just forget that you are wearing anything abnormal. If you act natural, it will be respected. If you act timid, embarressed, scared, or uncomfortable you might as well have dressed drab.

Brina

mtnstategrl
12-16-2008, 11:04 PM
hey Charlotte, i was in the same boat a couple weeks ago. let it go and have a good time you will be accepted and be sure to give us details

trannie T
12-17-2008, 12:05 AM
Accept the fact that you are not going to pass, relax and enjoy the party.
At 6'3" and 300# I come nowhere close to passing but I really enjoy going out.

CharlotteW
12-17-2008, 02:33 PM
The pics posted on this thread (and the linked threads) are great. Funny thing is, I've seen plenty of women who look LESS feminine than some of you girls.

And yes you're right, I should just dress-up, smile and enjoy. It's not like I'll be the only one there, all dressed up.

Cheers folks and happy Christmas. (or happy holidays, if you're pc:) )

Oh and for those interested, it's a party in a north west UK club and it's on Thursday night.

Sarah Martin
12-17-2008, 03:12 PM
I think most of us here suffer from the same problem, I certainly do. If you are going to a party, surely the main point is to enjoy yourself. If anyone makes a comment directly to you then just try to laugh it off. If people see that you are not really troubled by how you look they probably wont say anything or may say something positive.
The point I am trying to make is that if you lookthe best you can an act confidently then you shouldnt have toomany problems.
Who cares what others think you are going to enjoy yourself, after all its only a party, have fun.:D

Carole is spot on. Enjoy yourself, avoid the loud &boorish, dress yourself up to the nines and have fun.

charlie
12-17-2008, 06:08 PM
Hello Charlotte!
Go back in your mind and think of all the women you have seen, noticed and known. At least some of them have a body style like yours. I look like Robin Williams in drab mode. In female mode I get compliments, but must look like a masculine woman as well. You will do fine. On top of that yuou are lucky to have a wife that is helpful to the cause!