PDA

View Full Version : Just My Luck

NikkiBeth
12-16-2008, 06:08 PM
My wife and son are driving to FLA for break. They will be gone for a 8 days. That means Nikki has 8 days and nights to go the office, go shop, and just play right? Wrong? Old friends are coming in for business, my wife tells them they should stay at the house, that 2 days for one friend and overnight for another. Take out 2 more days out of contention due to "you can't be alone for christmas eve, and christmas day" invitations that have been accepted for me. So now I am at 3 days/nights.
Well something is better than nothing, just needed to vent little.
LOL
Nikki

Karren H
12-16-2008, 06:18 PM
Personally, I would take an 8 day vacation and go somewhere else completely different!! lol

Shelly Preston
12-16-2008, 07:40 PM
Life has a habit of getting in the way

Enjoy the three days :D

Trinni
12-16-2008, 07:45 PM
I hate it when a plan goes awry:sad: but that means you have to make the best out of the other three days.:devil:

StacyCD
12-16-2008, 08:08 PM
Some of us would feel very fortunate for three days!

Marshchild
12-16-2008, 08:10 PM
Take out 2 more days out of contention due to "you can't be alone for christmas eve, and christmas day" invitations that have been accepted for me.
Nikki

God, don't you hate that sort of mentality? I once spent Christmas alone, and it was great! (Maybe that's just me being a Scrooge though. Bah humbug!) I've got a brother who was so intent on spending his 21st birthday alone that he actually fled the country just before the above day! He took his first overseas trip, to the UK, in large part because he didn't want anyone making a fuss over him on the aforementioned birthday, and he didn't trust his friends not to spring some stupid surprise party on him then.

TGMarla
12-16-2008, 08:27 PM
I know how rare it can be to actually get some extended time alone. It's something to really treasure. But there are some things more important than crossdressing, and this may be one of them. Sailor's luck.

Jacqui
12-16-2008, 08:43 PM
8 days alone is like Haley's Comet. You may never get to see it again in your lifetime.

But 3 days ain't so bad. If you stay up 24 hrs each day, it could be more like 6 days.

Make the most of it, and as my favorite waitress always says,
"Enjoy!"

marny
12-16-2008, 11:06 PM
Agree with Tgmarla. As much as I like having a day to myself it is fewer and far between to have friends come by as we get older

trannie T
12-17-2008, 12:01 AM
Don't forget the day you're going to have to fix the furnace, the day you have the dentist appoinntment and the two days you have jury duty.

NikkiBeth
12-17-2008, 09:51 AM
Karen-
I love the idea, even tried to convince my wife to take the dog with her to Fla.
Oh well, maybe next year.

NikkiBeth
12-17-2008, 09:58 AM
Thanks for your feed back everyone. I was just having one of those days yesterday.
I feel very lucky to have the 3 days. Knowing that I had 8, gave me the "wiggle" room in case something did come up.
Stay tuned, I keep you all posted.:)
LOL
N

CD Susan
12-17-2008, 07:17 PM
I hope you enjoy your time alone NikkiBeth. I know how important this can be for some of us. There was a time when I would go on trips just so I could be alone for a while. Make the most of what you have.

charlie
12-17-2008, 08:25 PM
Hello Nikki!
You can always go to all the events and see all the friends dressed. A nice red mini skirt, green blouse, with red heels comes to mind. Of course then you would probably have to many days to dress by yourself in the future.

zoeyp
12-18-2008, 08:45 AM
3 Days could be a lot of fun! Have a great time.

Angie G
12-18-2008, 10:08 AM
I hate it when that happens Nikki well at least have 3 beautiful days hun.:hugs:
Angie

SexxxyDJ
12-18-2008, 10:51 AM
Nikki, I know how you are feeling. My wife was to be out of town for 5-7 days in January and she just told me that the trip was canceled. At least you still get three days. I hope you are able to make the most out of them.:sad:

Jennifer Cox
12-20-2008, 06:54 PM
8 days alone is like Haley's Comet. You may never get to see it again in your lifetime.

But 3 days ain't so bad. If you stay up 24 hrs each day, it could be more like 6 days.

Make the most of it, and as my favorite waitress always says,
"Enjoy!"

For the first time in over a year, both my SO and my daughter have gone away together - bliss. Or it would be if :-

1. I knew how long they were going for.

2. They hadn't left the house in such a mess.

3. I didn't have other commitments impinging upon my 'Jennifer' time.

The implications of the above are :-

1. I have to tidy away everything on a regular basis, which further reduces my dressed time. :sad:

2. I've had to go into 'maid' mode (literally :o) - cleaned the en-suite, cleaned the cooker, done the washing up (dishwasher mostly), dust/tidied/vacuumed the living room. Actually, I've quite enjoyed this, mostly because there was no-one else to distract me or to complain about what I was doing (or how I was dressed Lol!) :)

3. Like the quote above, part of my solution seems to be to stay up for as long as possible, so I don't have to change out of femme clothes too soon. Just don't want to do it. After 3 days - evenings really - of doing this, I'm begining to feel a bit tired Lol! :D

JoAnne Wheeler
12-29-2008, 03:56 PM
I totally agree with Karren Hutton - live those days enfemm to the fullest.

Love,

JoAnne Wheeler