PDA

View Full Version : Are we what we call ourselves?

Natalie x
06-08-2005, 02:48 PM
Maybe this has been raised before, but how do you feel about the names we use to identify our place in society? Crossdresser, transgender, transvestite, trans-sexual, whatever. Perhaps I'm oversensitive, but none of these really describe what and who I am, and why I need to express myself as the woman inside.

Do you feel the same, or are you happy with these labels? If not, can anyone come up with some appropriate alternatives?

Ibuki_Warpetal
06-08-2005, 02:56 PM
I don't know what you people call yourselves, but I'm a ninja. I can name 15 people that will call me this upon sight. n_n

This is enough to satisfy me.

Priscilla1018
06-08-2005, 02:56 PM
I am a crossdresser but I would prefer the term Dual Gender since I have two identities that are getting used to each other now without too much problem.

Strike
06-08-2005, 03:07 PM
I am a CD but I usually say I am happy being physically male, but mentally and spiritully, I am an Androgyne.

Amelie
06-08-2005, 03:29 PM
I am called a "Travesti". Watch the movie, "Boys from Brazil". Not the major film with this name, a lesser film about travesti's.

Ibuki_Warpetal
06-08-2005, 03:31 PM
I am called a "Travesti". Watch the movie, "Boys from Brazil". Not the major film with this name, a lesser film about travesti's.
Sounds Goff. :D

Maddie Knight
06-08-2005, 04:04 PM
I'm an individual.
I fit into many groups depending on my mood, surroundings and people I'm with, but there is still only one of me.

racquel
06-08-2005, 04:33 PM
I'd have to say transvestite. :thumbsup:

Shaauna
06-08-2005, 05:15 PM
I call myself a "slight crossdresser". I can't say that I don't "want" to dress out in public because there's a small part of me that would like to. However, I never, ever, ever will. There's no doubt in my mind about that. I don't generally dress in a lot of women's clothes overall. I'm more into the thongs, garters, lingerie, etc.

Having said all that, some of the girls here have corrupted me :D and now I find myself typing this wearing nail polish on my toes and fingernails, as well as bright red lipstick. I'm wearing lingerie but I'd have been wearing that before being corrupted ;)

Hmm, after reading all that, maybe I'm more than a "slight crossdresser" afterall.

Holly
06-08-2005, 05:37 PM
I'd prefer to be called Holly. Other people can put whatever label they like on me. I KNOW who and what I am.

JoAnnDallas
06-08-2005, 05:37 PM
In the past, the only time I would go outside was around 2-3 AM, when everyone else was asleep. When I moved to my sister's house and found all those clothes that no longer fitted her, that fit me. I started dressing up and then started using some of her makeup. Then one day, I was all dressed up in a really nice knit dress, heels, makeup, lipstick, and wig. I was looking at myself in the full length mirror and decided to put on a pair of dark sunglasses. All of sudden I brave and deceided to go out to the curb and get the mail. That open the door a little, next I started standing out on the front walk and drinking my morning coffee. Then the first car came by and went on. this made be braver and now I walk around the front and sides of the house at least four or five times a day now. Cars pass by and had a neighber come out and get her mail, look at me, and then turn around and go back in. It's baby steps. I might even get brave enough to go down to my favorite gas station all dressed up and fill up the van.
I did this with my everyday clothes on, pads in my bra, and a pair of ladies sandels. From a distant, I still looked like a guy ( I hope I did). Being all dressed up is another matter. :D

Jeri Kay
06-08-2005, 09:25 PM
:kissing: Since we first met my GG has called me "Doll Boy". Im happy with that. ;)

crispy
06-08-2005, 10:31 PM
I'd love to be called a *******, but I ain't one, quite yet (or ever).

Tristen Cox
06-08-2005, 10:41 PM
******* :)