PDA

View Full Version : gurls, what music do you listen to when you dress?

tanyacd
12-16-2008, 08:48 PM
Crossdressing is a release for me, from the normal. I guess I dont like to listen to music that reminds of who I am as a guy, so I like to listen to electronic, amience, dance, and girl rock.

As far as artists go....

early madonna - like a virgin did funny things to me
missing persons
I also like... Peaches, and Kylie Minogue.

what types of music do you like that get you in a gurly mood?

docrobbysherry
12-16-2008, 09:11 PM
U know, Bach, Bethovan, and Beach boys!:brolleyes:

Or, any of the classical French, German, or Russian composers!:)

Karren H
12-16-2008, 09:19 PM
Well... if any hockey game is on.... or if one of my favorite TV shows are on..... or if I'm on the internet..... or if I'm out enfemme somewhere.... nothing....

I never listen to music much any more... and never when dressing... and since I got NHL Home Ice on Seriuis.... it's hockey 24/7!! yeah!!

Alice Torn
12-16-2008, 09:30 PM
Let's see- Abba's Dancing queen, She's got it!, by some other group. The Nutcracker Suite, She's got legs! ZZTop. Pretty Woman-Roy Orbison. No, not really! I usually don't listen to anything, except talk radio, some classical, but, usually nothing, when dolled up, so I can hear if someone, is just outside the window, or door!

Celeste
12-16-2008, 09:43 PM
It always is changing,lately I've liked R + B ,gospel,soul.Things like Corrine Bailey Rae,Tuc Andress and Patti Cathcart and an older Rare Earth album called Ma,then theres Al Green,he's cool to,when I'm in that mood.

Salene
12-16-2008, 10:31 PM
Salene has her own playlist on my itunes, kindof freaks out my girlfriend. lol. Mostly synthpop and EBM bands like Seabound and covenant.

Dragster
12-17-2008, 06:42 PM
With a disapproving wife (who knows, but "doesn't want to know), I like to dress in silence so I can hear if she comes home unexpectedly early.

I'm a 60's rock fan, Rolling Stones, Manfred Mann, The Who, Status Quo (I know, not really 60's) etc. so that's what I'd play. But then, I was watching Cliff Richard on the Royal Command Performance tonight, and there were dancers jiving in the background. The girls were dressed in the full circle skirts of the 50's, and I loved the way those skirts twirled around and showed everything. It wasn't truly authentic, they weren't wearing stockings and suspenders! I really felt I'd like to wear a dress like that and be twirled around. Then I'd want 50's rock 'n' roll, and a dancing partner!

Tony

Nicole Erin
12-17-2008, 06:45 PM
What no one is going to post a certain Shania song that is beat to death?

jennifer41356
12-17-2008, 06:50 PM
its the same whether I am in girls clothes or not, Loud and Heavy, I am a rock N roll gal through and through:drink::cheers:

Kate Simmons
12-17-2008, 06:54 PM
Pat Benatar and Madonna work for me.:)

CD Susan
12-17-2008, 06:58 PM
I prefer easy listening and Astrud Gilberto is my favorite.

Sarah...
12-17-2008, 07:14 PM
I listen to the same music however I dress.

But to the answer the question in the spirit I think it was intended, today it's Joan of Arc as sung by Leonard Cohen and covered by Jennifer Warnes.

Tomorrow it will be different - see my various posts passim on this subject.

Sarah...

tanyacd
12-17-2008, 07:28 PM
Pat Benatar and Madonna work for me.:)

pat benetar I like too...

especially deeper tracks, not the ones that get played on the radio.

heart would be another act that comes to mind as far as deeper tracks go.

tanyacd
12-17-2008, 07:37 PM

that is surely on the list of all time top crossdresser songs. lol

how about... Ru Paul?

work!, sashay shante

:dance:haha

MJ
12-17-2008, 08:30 PM
i like to listen too evanescence

Barbara Dugan
12-17-2008, 09:08 PM
Its kind of odd but I like start dressing listening to The way you look tonight by Rod Stewart

Jacqui
12-17-2008, 09:17 PM

Ok, I'll mention it..... on second thought....

Here are some of my favorite girly songs:
Anna Nalick (Breathe, Forever My Love, In My Head, Consider This)
Fisher (I Will Love You, Breakable)
Heather Nova (London Rain, Paper Cup)
Sophie Zelmani (Stay With My Heart, The Woman in Me)
Eva Cassidy (I Know You By Heart, At Last)
Shivaree (Goodnight Moon, Oh No)
Stevie Nicks (Sometimes it's a Bitch, Talk to Me, Leather and Lace)
Thea Gilmore (The Gambler)
Keren Ann (End of May)
Jewel (Foolish Games, Intuition)
Cat Power (The Greatest, Werewolf)
Shania Twain (Can't remember the name!)

Jacqui

wendy68
12-17-2008, 11:08 PM
I like listening to music like enya,abba, and various 80's stuff

Sedona
12-17-2008, 11:54 PM
If I listen to music while dressed, usually it's some kind of Techno/House music. Not my normal stuff, but works well for being dressed.

dancingbears
12-17-2008, 11:59 PM
I love Sara Brightman. Her duet with Andrea Bocelli is heart pounding romance. Bring on the chocolate covered strawberries!
Link to my favorite Sara Brightman Song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVuBaekVw-0
Timeless music.
~Gretchen

Cari
12-18-2008, 12:17 AM
Anything but scratching records or steel guitar. Im really enjoying swing and rockabilly these days.

Whats funny is how music influences my dressing I really want to expore the pin up look and retro fashion more. If Im listening to metal Ill end up in all black it just happens as I browse the closet.

I dont change what I listen to when dressed but I will say that my tatses have broadened an I enjoy dancing much more from my CD experiences.

Maybe its age maybe its accepting Cd but I really couldnt have imagined driving around blasting the Bee Gees or Abba five years ago. They were always on the headphones but still in the closet :)

Cari

Schatten Lupus
12-18-2008, 12:35 AM
My musical choices do not change. I'm even considering starting another side project band, with just myself (as is my other side project), but this one being exclusively for when I am dressed. Not sure of a name, but I plan on keeping the full brutality of my other band, probably more melodic though, and without lyrics until I get a female voice developed. I've also thought about just playing my bass and doing some simple drums for it.

faithricd
12-18-2008, 12:37 AM
U2, U2, and more U2.

I'll admit when dressed, I like listening to most any female artist. Beyonce is a fav at the moment.

Faith

2b.Lauren
12-18-2008, 10:13 AM
Just listen to what I would normally listen to. Maybe some AC/DC, Rolling Stones, Dave Matthews, The Police. I don't have a genre of music that fits my CD side, or at least at this time I have not developed one.

Bonnie D
12-18-2008, 11:37 AM
When I am dressed I like listening to mostly female artists; Gwen Stefani, Kylie Minogue; Madonna; Jewel; Concrete Blonde; kd lang; Cyndi Lauper; Dixie Chicks; Sarah McLauchlin to name a few.

From the guys; George Michael, Culture Club; Prince; Bryan Ferry (Roxie Music);Edwyn Collins, Nik Kershaw, Eagles, CCR, Street Heart; also to name a few.

Bonnie

daviolin
12-18-2008, 02:11 PM
I like the female country singers. Patty Loveless Faith Hill Martina Mcbride Shania Twain for instance. They really make me feel like a woman.flickr.com/photos/daviolin

tricia_uktv
12-18-2008, 03:04 PM
No choice. I dress with my friend, another t-girl and its her flat. So its bloody Hawkwind. I am trying to educate her

cj
12-19-2008, 02:52 AM
Fergie! Fergie! Fergie! Fergie! Fergie! Fergie! Fergie!
....luscious lady lumps!

Rebecca_Annette
12-19-2008, 03:25 AM
The same as I always listen to....

Springsteen, Levellers, Kate Wolf (though I cry more to her), Enya, Levellers, Springsteen, Kate Wolf, Pink Floyd, Clannad, Mike Oldfield, Asha, Tangerine Dream, Mellancamp, Dylan, Cohen, The Pogues, Waterboys, Kate Wolf, Springsteen, Levellers, Kate Rusby, Sandy Denny, Oasis, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Outlaws, Levellers, Springsteen, Kate Wolf, Allman Brothers, Jethro Tull, Nirvana, Metallica, Offspring, Jefferson Airplane, Grateful Dead, Byrds ....

But just sometimes I like listening to Kate Wolf, Bruce Springsteen, and the Levellers,

hmmm....

Have I already mentioned them? If not, I do like listening to Kate Wolf, Bruce Springsteen, and the Levellers....

Samantha B L
12-19-2008, 04:27 AM
I like a wide variety of blues,rockabilly,british invasion,garage rock and heavy rock. I used to own about 1000 vynil records but I moved several times and sold most of them off to lighten the load. I like classical music for dressing. I like the Brandenburg Concerto. I get almost transfixed when I hear it while dressed. I like Sandie Shaw,Dusty Springfeild,Dionne Warwick,Barbara Lewis for dressing and Tracy Ullman,Cindy Lauper,Cher,too.

Intertwined
12-28-2008, 07:09 PM
Faith Of The Heart, Russel Watson

Dude (Looks Like a Lady), Aerosmith

Return to innocence, Enigma

Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This), Eurythmics

Vogue, Modonna

What It Feels Like For A Girl, Madonna

One Night In Bangkok, Murray Head

Weird Science, Oingo Boingo

Sweet Transvestite, Rocky Horror Picture Show

Man! I Feel Like A Woman!, Shania Twain

Men in Black, Will Smith

Sharp Dressed Man, ZZ Top

a WAV file from Beetlejuice:
"Live people ignore the strange and unusual, I myself am, strange and unusual"

balletchick
12-28-2008, 07:40 PM
NIN, David Bowie, Depeche Mode, Marilyn Manson, Lou Reed, The Rolling Stones, Roxy Music, Peter Gabriel, Pink Floyd, Miles Davis, Black Sabbath, Sweet, Queen, Talking Heads, Radiohead, Bob Dylan, The Beatles, John Coltrane, Dave Brubeck.

NewDresser
12-28-2008, 08:58 PM
I rock out no matter what I am wearing

Tracii G
12-28-2008, 09:07 PM
Its metal for me.
I like all types of music don't get me wrong but in both modes metal hits me in the gut.
Last time I was out driving dressed I had Motorhead on the CD and got some odd looks from young guys at the light.

Jilmac
12-28-2008, 09:10 PM
I'm an oldies girl and classic country fan. I grew up in the 50's and 60's listening to all the rock n roll pioneers and c&w artists of that era. I love Brenda Lee and Patsy Kline (both made the pop and c&w charts). I don't really have a favorite artist or music type for my girl mode, I just enjoy music in general and when I'm dressed music enhances the experience.

diane51
12-28-2008, 09:27 PM
When I'm dressed I'll listen to Cold play, U2, Collective Soul, & Goo Goo Dolls to name a few.

Lisa Pomeroy
12-28-2008, 10:13 PM
How about a little jazz...

Chet Baker, Witchcraft...

L :shades:

Leraje
12-28-2008, 11:24 PM
Metalhead by "day" and metalhead by "night" if you will. But when dressed I like Rob Zombie more than usual.

marny
12-29-2008, 02:49 AM
I'm with lucy......... cause I got legs girls!!!!! :D

PrettyFlowingGown
12-29-2008, 08:41 AM
It has to be femme music, to suit my femme mood.
Abba
Kylie Minogue
Madonna (Early)
Sheena Easton
Pussycat dolls
Faith hill
Stevie Nicks
Barbara Striesand

I'm after the Fergie single "Big girls dont cry" - love that!!!

JoAnne Wheeler
12-29-2008, 02:23 PM
I prefer only women singing -> like Rita Cooleige, Reba McIntire, Tina Turner, Allison Kraus, Faith Hill, etc.

Love,

JoAnne Wheeler

sometimes_miss
12-29-2008, 02:31 PM
Basically, songs that I could imagine myself singing as the pretty vocalist in front of a crowd. Sure, it's only a daydream, but when I sing along with the recording, I lose myself in the song. My playlist starts with these:

All I want for Christmas is you, from 'Love Actually', sung by Olivia Olsen
I need your lovin' by Teena Marie
Dreamlover by Mariah Carey
I'm the only one, by Melissa Etheridge
Cruel Summer by Bananarama
I get weak by Belinda Carlyle
Superstar by Karen Carpenter
Goodbye to love by Karen Carpenter
The way I've always heard it should be Carly Simon
Don't say you don't remember by Beverly Bremers
Touch me by Cathy Dennis
At Seventeen by Janis Ian