PDA

View Full Version : Almost let the cat out of the bag.

JoAnnDallas
06-08-2005, 04:22 PM
I know this must have happen to a lot of us from time to time.
I was working on my sister's computer, getting her up on broadband and needed a longer cable. I changed out of the skirt and blouse, took my makeup and lipstick off, put my "Everyday Clothes" on, socks and shoes. Went stolling out of the house, got in the car, started backing out and noticed in the rear mirror that I had not taken the mascara off my eyes or my eyebrows. put car in foward, pull into the driveway, go back inside, take mascara off, clean eye brows, check face one more time, go back out to the car, goto computer store, get cable, come home, fix computer, get back dressed. :eek:

Ibuki_Warpetal
06-08-2005, 04:37 PM
I would have just went like that. Wouldn't be the first time, certainly not the last.

JoAnnDallas
06-08-2005, 04:50 PM
If it had been just the eyebrows, I think I would have just gone on. If it happens again, I think I will put my sunglasses on and see how well my eyelashs are hidden from view.

Ibuki_Warpetal
06-08-2005, 04:52 PM
Eh? Long eyelashes are not for hiding o_o

Everyone likes long eyelashes n_n

Kimberly
06-08-2005, 04:56 PM
I have naturally long eyelashes, and remember numerous comments about them...

I don't think anyone would notice me putting mascara on them :p

CharleneCD
06-08-2005, 05:00 PM
Been wearing eye liner, mascera, and eye shadow for the last few days at work. Not a peep out of any one :confused: .

Tia
06-09-2005, 05:48 AM
Kimberly, your comment could have been written by me ;) ...

When I was a kid (something like 4 years old) my mother got some some annoyed comments from another women, that they don't understand why somebody puts make-up on a small boy. (perhaps this was the reason why I like dressing up nowadays ;) )

A bit out of subject, but...

JoAnnDallas
06-09-2005, 08:59 AM
Shy Michelle..... I know one of the reasons I like to dress up, up until I reach pubity, I was allergic to cotton and my mother let me wear girls longsleve satin PJ's to bed. I also wore panties, short slips, and stockings under my boy clothes, otherwize, I would break out in large red welps. When I out grew the allergy to cotton, she expected me to wear on boy clothes, but I had got used to girl clothes. I had already started wearing my sister's and her clothes. I was around 14 when I out grew the allergy. The rest is history.

Pip
06-09-2005, 10:25 AM
Last night I took my dog out at about 11:00 PM. It was late and dark so I just threw some sandles on. Of course, what's the chances that I run into someone else walking their dog at that hour....and me with red toenails!

Fortunately we were both in a dark area of the apartment complex and neither wanted to get too close to each other so it worked out ok. I was just wondering how I was going to get past that one if we had crossed closer paths!

Pip

lorna2cute
06-09-2005, 04:53 PM
I know this must have happen to a lot of us from time to time.

I hear you hon! If only I had a nickel for everytime I forgot to remove my nail polish on the way to work, only to rush into the nearest drugstore at the last minute... :lol:

JoAnnDallas
06-09-2005, 05:37 PM
Funny Story..... We went on a crusie last year and one of the items you could get in Nassua and other islands was items that changed color when you go outdoors. One is nail polish that is clear inside, but bright RED outside. Sunlight activates the color. Anyway the Shopping Director would demo these items at a seminar the evening before we docked. He would use a UV light to activate the color in the shirt or whatever. We meet him in town one day and my wife noticed his nails. We went up to him, said hello, and wife told him his nails looked real nice in the sunlight. He looked at her, then his hands, and the three of us started laughing. His nails were all bright RED. He had forgotten to take the nail polish off the night before. He said, "Well I will not get anywhere with women today". My wife answered "You be suprised, some women may like you better this way". we all laughed and went our seperate ways. :)

Wenda
06-09-2005, 07:54 PM
Last Friday, I did my brows, lashes, etc. Didn't take anything off. Dropped by the office on Saturday, and the part=time staff kept looking at my brows?? Oh well, now my brows and my nails are a mystery. wenda.

ronni
06-09-2005, 08:12 PM
I've been putting blush on my cheeks just for that reason, no one has mentioned it, I'm pre-embarrassed, but on purpose

DanaJ
06-09-2005, 08:24 PM
Joann - I am the forum nail nut :D I must know more about this clear-to-red nail polish! Sounds great! Can you tell me the brand name or post a link possibly? I have seen "mood" polishes (change by temperature) like purple to red or blue to orange, but never a clear to red and activated by the sun - anyway, please help, I must have some :)

DanaJ

Funny Story..... We went on a crusie last year and one of the items you could get in Nassua and other islands was items that changed color when you go outdoors. One is nail polish that is clear inside, but bright RED outside. Sunlight activates the color. Anyway the Shopping Director would demo these items at a seminar the evening before we docked. He would use a UV light to activate the color in the shirt or whatever. We meet him in town one day and my wife noticed his nails. We went up to him, said hello, and wife told him his nails looked real nice in the sunlight. He looked at her, then his hands, and the three of us started laughing. His nails were all bright RED. He had forgotten to take the nail polish off the night before. He said, "Well I will not get anywhere with women today". My wife answered "You be suprised, some women may like you better this way". we all laughed and went our seperate ways. :)

CharleneCD
06-09-2005, 08:52 PM
Dana I dont know if it is the same but me and Bunny bought some color changing polish on our Cruise to Mexico. The company is called Dl Sol. delsol.com is the address to use.

DanaJ
06-09-2005, 09:13 PM
Dana I dont know if it is the same but me and Bunny bought some color changing polish on our Cruise to Mexico. The company is called Dl Sol. delsol.com is the address to use.Thanks Charlene - just took a look, cool stuff :) Might have to get some and try it out....

DanaJ

Rachel Morley
06-09-2005, 09:48 PM
As far as forgetting to remove stuff is concerned, I always seem to forget to remove my stud earrings. Several times I have worn small pearls to work, but usually I discover my mistake before I actually get into the building.

However, I remember one time I didn't discover it in time and I walked straight into the office and bumped into my manager. She said "nice earrings" with a great big grin on her face. I went bright red (I could feel it) and said "err....yes... my wife and I were just goofing around last night". I bet she didn't believe a word of it but she just smiled again and has never said a word since.

Angel

girltoy
06-10-2005, 07:15 AM
I remember a few years ago I showed up to my 7am Chem class after being up most of the night at a dance club with friends, followed by some coffee. I got the strangest looks from half the class, including the teacher (who seemed to be lecturing straight at me...), but I shrugged them off figuring it was the "lack of sleep paranoia" (as they all pretty much associated me with goth, so wearing all black wasn't that shocking).
About halfway through the class I caught my reflection in the metal part of my binder and realized I had a real pale foundation, eyeliner, mascara, and black and red (blended) lipstick on. Not exactly bizarre for a goth (in fact, rather tame), but still a surprise to see a guy wearing makeup.
When my dad got home from work, he came into my room and asked, "Is this your makeup bag?" I looked him straight in the eye and answered "Yep ... was hoping I didn't lose it last night!" He rolled his eyes and walked out, but then my dad always accepted (pretty much) everything I did. My mother on the other hand ... :eek:

JoAnnDallas
06-10-2005, 08:07 AM
If I remember right, you can get not only Clear to RED but other colors. Yes Dol Sol is the place. All type of stuff that change colors, handbags, scarfs, nail polish, t-shirts, ear rings. My wife had to drag me out of the store in Nassua.

axdressa
06-10-2005, 09:55 AM
Kimberly, your comment could have been written by me ;) ...

When I was a kid (something like 4 years old) my mother got some some annoyed comments from another women, that they don't understand why somebody puts make-up on a small boy. (perhaps this was the reason why I like dressing up nowadays ;) )

A bit out of subject, but...
god this is me talking here ...the same thing happened to me ... mother dresing and making me up read my post that i sent in..........(cross dressers catch 22)