PDA

View Full Version : I've fallen in love with "cute".

Katie Moore
12-17-2008, 09:26 PM
Does anybody else use this word alot. I find myself saying it more and more around my wife. She notices that I say it and approves. It just seems that to be able to say it and not feel embarsressed says alot on how far I've come exspressing my "softer side".

BTW, this board is cute!

:love:

Katie

Ronni Seymour
12-17-2008, 09:32 PM
I use it a lot more than I used to, or should I say I've become less inhibited about using it. I like the sound of it. I think it sounds cute!:battingeyelashes:

geri-tg.
12-17-2008, 09:45 PM
I find myself saying cute often. My wife just put on a nightshirt and I told her she looks cute.I use cute all the time. What a neat way to express our female selfs.

docrobbysherry
12-17-2008, 10:06 PM
It's such a "cute" word! No, really! I'd like to apply it to myself more often. Something for me to think about over the holidays!:daydreaming:

Cari
12-17-2008, 10:45 PM
Its not just saying cute but the basic act of noticing cute things and commenting on them.

I think my entire outlook on life and personality has shifted a bit since I accepted being CD/TG. I was shopping in drab tonight for myself and others and said cute a few times , the SA's didnt even bat an eyelash.

Right now I have on some very cute PJ's and slippers :)

Next thing you know you will be posting in the "Got caught knowing too much about fashion" thread. :)

Congrats on being able to express you softer side and not feeling embarrassed. In my case my blood pressure dropped and many other really positive things happenned.

Stay Cute

Cari

Bethany38
12-17-2008, 11:02 PM
This is a word I have not really used until the last few years. As a matter of fact when I was still in denial of whom I was, I used to make fun of the word when it was uttered. When someone would say cute as in oh that's cute, or this is cute, I would repeat it with some sarcastic inflection. As in, oh that's cuuuutte in a high pitched voice. Now since I have come to grips with some of the aspects of my very confusing life I use the word with more sincerity. My wife, when i first started using the word without sarcasim noticed and had to rib me a little. I last used cute night before last. I came home from a weekend on call shift and got a wonderful surprise from my wife. She was showing me some things she bought at the store, and then she pulled me in the bedroom and showed me that she had gotten me new socks and underwear, I know boring!!!!!!! The surprise was the new beautiful Blue satin lace panties she bought me. I looked at them and said honey these are so adorably cute! . Well that's my incredibly boring story on the word CUTE.:tongueout

Sheila
12-18-2008, 04:01 AM
nope don't use it a real lot, nor do I use a lot of words like *giggle* .. just me I find them :puke:able

PortiaHoney
12-18-2008, 05:03 AM
I've been using the "cute" word for years and never thought anything of it. I've even thrown in "gorgeous", but there's a reason behind that one.:devil:

Is there something I don't know??????

:heehee:Portia

Shari
12-18-2008, 07:19 AM
Cute goes very well with adorable and sweet.

I feel a little funny sometimes using them in a meeting inside a construction trailer.

erickka
12-18-2008, 07:29 AM
Cute is another one of those little words that can be thrown out there at almost any time, and no one gives it a thought. And yes, I seem to use it a little more often.

Sandra
12-18-2008, 07:32 AM
:ohgoon:

The only time I use the word cute is when I'm talking to my cat

insearchofme
12-18-2008, 07:37 AM
I say cute all the time. For instance, "Katie under the tree is so cute!"

Chari
12-18-2008, 08:18 AM
More often I tend to say "cute", but also lovely, adorable, darling, and precious seem to added into my conversations.

zoeyp
12-18-2008, 08:27 AM
I use cute quite a bit when shopping with my fiance for clothes for her.

Kelly DeWinter
12-18-2008, 08:36 AM
In modern terms Homo Transgendus Crossdresses is doing well in the modern Cute-asuios Age.

Katie Moore
12-18-2008, 05:04 PM
I say cute all the time. For instance, "Katie under the tree is so cute!"

Dana, you are such a big TEASE! You're PRETTY CUTE yourself!!

:love:

Katie

Teri Jean
12-20-2008, 12:49 PM
Cute,sweet,gorgeous, darling and the like have crept into the vocabulary and a few have noticed. Keli

charlie
12-20-2008, 07:31 PM
Hello Katie!
I'm almost as bad. Things aren't cute though...they are "lovely".

CD Susan
12-20-2008, 07:37 PM
I have always used that word but find myself using it more since I left the closet eight months ago.

Angie G
12-20-2008, 10:16 PM
Never really thought about it I have used it a few times.:hugs:
Angie

JoAnne Wheeler
12-29-2008, 03:38 PM
I use it a lot - especially when I am complimenting GGs in their dress or their clothing or their makeup, etc.

I really don't ever hear non-CD men using that term - I think that it is a female term that we use because we are part female.

Love,

JoAnne Wheeler

Diane L
12-30-2008, 09:57 AM
I was about fifteen I guess, and having a conversation about girls with my dad. He said, "No matter how pretty a girl is, it will fade with age. But cute is mostly about her mannerisms, and cute is forever."

En femme I will never be pretty, it's just a fact. But I do think of myself as rather cute!

Jess_cd32
12-30-2008, 10:04 AM
I use the word cute mainly for my SO and our pups, and occasionally a cd that posted a cute pic:)

jessielee
12-30-2008, 10:04 AM
I've been using the "cute" word for years and never thought anything of it. I've even thrown in "gorgeous", but there's a reason behind that one...Portia
i'm with you. cute, lovely, darling, all my life got me looks. but Gorgeous i got from Hayley Mills. they said all Yank boys of the sixties wanted to be close to her. i wanted to be her.

Janie Gunn
12-30-2008, 10:10 AM
Nope, not in regard to myself. I do use it to describe my cat, (as I'm sure I will when I get another kitten tomorrow), but thats a different matter.

I aint cute,
just as 'there's nothing sweet about me'!!