PDA

View Full Version : would you stay in the closet?

curse within
12-17-2008, 10:19 PM
Just curious, I was wondering for those who are in the closet. If crossdressing was more accepted , just as a female can dress in male attire. How many of us closet crossdressers would openly dress? What would you consider comparable for a male crossdresser to wear? Like our female counter parts can wear trousers would a dress be comparable? Are our so called female counterparts really crossdressing ? Those I know of do not wear boxers.

The more I think about this thread the more I see some crossdressers throw out the fact that women dress in male fashion openly. I really don't see that true. I say that because they manage to keep that fem look that makes them just as attractive as if they where in traditional female clothing ( a dress ).. I read more threads in here stateing we dress and perfer the items to be of female nature , most of us now having the option to buy silk boxers or male nylon briefs still perfer panties. Its just not the same.

What would you wear if society over night accepted us as a normal event if we was walking down the street sporting a wig to look fem or if you still have hair grown and cut to resemble a female style. High heels,dress and etc. Would you leave the closet?

I think I will remain in the closet myself due to all the years of rejection..

beenherelongtime
12-17-2008, 11:04 PM
this is an interesting question. I think I would dress as the mood hit me that day. some days i would like to wear a blouse, bra, camisole, skirt, half-slip, thigh-his, and 2 inch heels. other days a nice dress. other days a blouse, bra, and nice slacks. Ladies slacks.

docrobbysherry
12-17-2008, 11:14 PM
Seriously, this is a thot provoking post! This is a bit like imagining what I would do if I flew to Mars!

I certainly wouldn't dress as do now.
It takes me too long to prep, and I don't dress for comfort now.:doh:

I probably would eventually dress like a lot of GGs do now!:)
Mostly casual, but sometimes, all the way to the 9's!:D

CD Susan
12-17-2008, 11:31 PM
I would wear whatever I felt like wearing at the time. I certainly would wear a skirt or dress at times but not every day. I would dress as a woman but it would be appropriate for the occassion just as real women do now. If society accepted men wearing womens clothes as a normal event this could result in having negative consequences for us if it was carried to the extreme. Would you want to live in a world where all clothing was 'unisex' and there was no differentiation between mens and womens clothing and only different sizes made to fit everyone? If this were so then there would be no such thing as crossdressing. Maybe hundreds of years from now this might happen and maybe not. I certainly would not want to be part of such a mundane society. Maybe I have got a little off topic here but to answer your last question, if crossdressing was the norm and perfectly acceptable why would you not leave the closet. There would be no reason to remain in the closet if there were no restrictions in regard to gender specific clothing. All of us would be freed from our prisons so why would anyone still want to remain hidden away?

curse within
12-18-2008, 12:45 AM
I just wouldn't feel right out in public..But that's just me..I think it would be a better world if it was excepted and would be proud to been seen with my friends if they choose to be about..But it's just not me..I thought about that and at one time it was a dream don't see it that way anymore..But I am sure in time as I revolve into my deep cycles it will return again..

Alana65
12-18-2008, 01:00 AM
If all manner of dress was acceptable no matter what gender you are, I would dress in whatever I was IN THE MOOD to wear on that particular day.......whether it be skirts & tops, dresses, slacks, jeans, capris, etc.

ColleenShivas
12-18-2008, 01:34 AM
If it was accepted by society, I would prefer to wear a dress, or skirt and top, with nice shoes most days. Bra and breastforms are trickier, since those are "unnecessary" but I might still use them. Wig and make-up I could do without since they are so much work. (So now I am clearly a man in a dress with boobs - just how accepting is this new world?)
If I was working in the yard, on the house or car, jeans and t-shirt are much more practical.
The really difficult question might be what to put on after a hard work-out at the gym (male support, no extra equipment). What to do in the locker room.

Angie G
12-18-2008, 01:45 AM
If that happened I'd be walking the streets in a heart beat. Noy just dressing at home.:hugs:
Angie

DawnRodgers
12-18-2008, 01:53 AM
I would dress the way I dress as Dawn. I feel extrremely comfortable presenting where I wear a skirt and blouse, shoulder length hair, makeup and jewelry, "breasts" pushing out as I look down, nicely polishes nails, the feel of my nylons as I cross and uncross my legs, the feel and sound as I walk, in heels, acrossss pavcement or tile and wooden floors. It is the way I wish to look forever.

AmandaT
12-18-2008, 01:54 AM
This is a great question. :) I think at first I would start out slow "stick my toe in the water and test it". See what the reactions might be. If it was as accepted as I would like, I just know I would "go all out" all the time and feel absolutely wonderful about myself. ( as long as it was appropriate to wear. ) giggle, I wouldn't wear an evening gown to work, if it was was casual Fridays.
I think eventually I would dress as a GG would. Some days something comfortable and others something a little nicer and eye catching that show off the curves. :)
I wonder how long it would take us to feel the same way about articles of clothing that women tire of and we covet so much. I can't tell you how many times I have heard women complain about wearing a bra or stockings everyday. Or how they are tired of wearing (say it ain't so! ) heels!!

hugs!
-Amanda

Crissy Kay
12-18-2008, 09:35 AM
Interesting thread. In that case, I still do not think that I would go out dressed. I still have no interest in ordinary,[to me], fem clothes. It would take the combined forces of heaven and hell to get me out of the closet!!!!!

KarenSusan
12-18-2008, 09:46 AM
I may not dress to the nines everyday but I would certainly never wear pants again. I find skirts and dresses so much more comfortable.

2b.Lauren
12-18-2008, 09:57 AM
This one is similar to the other thread floating around about if it were acceptable for men to wear womens clothing how hard would we work to pass with a twist to discuss W2M. Self acceptance is and always will be one of the most difficult concepts we face no matter where we are on this journey. It might be less difficult (never assume and not doing it here) to feel accepted by society when going W2M. Although I am sure there are many of the same emotional and mental struggles. I suppose that societies eyes in this moment are going to be more focused on the big guy in the skirt tripping around in a pair of 3" red heels verses the women in a 3 peice suit and wingtips. I hope that I am not being crass here or in anyway allowing my ignorance to seem unsympathetic, because I have not had a great deal of interactions with W2M, and would love to hear some of their comments regarding this thread.

Lauren

Carole Cross
12-18-2008, 01:01 PM
I would wear mostly skirts and dresses because I feel more comfortable in them. during warm weather I always wear shorts because it is the closest acceptable item of clothing to a skirt that I can wear atm.
That will change next year.:)

Chrissy be good
12-18-2008, 03:09 PM
It's tough to say. If it was more acceptable I probably would wear skirts and nylons out and about. I'm sure there would also be the days I just want to wear jeans and a hoody.

Alice Torn
12-18-2008, 04:35 PM
I think i would be cautious, but would go out every few weeks, in dresses, or skirts, hose, heels, coat or sweater. I would still dress in male garb 90% of the time, because i do blue collar work, and there are a lot of people i don't want to find out! I would go to a town an hour or two away.

sometimes_miss
12-18-2008, 04:55 PM
Whether it would be accepted or not isn't so much the issue, I think few people that don't know us actually give a rat's a$$ what we want to wear if we aren't interacting with them. Other than when at work where a particular set of clothes is required, men and women usually dress in a particular way as to be sexually attractive to those we are interested in. I'm not interested in men, so I would probably not go out wearing foundation garments that make me look more female, or wear my wigs that are obviously female in appearance, dresses that are feminine, or shoes that make me walk more like a woman does. Not to mention, I wouldn't wear make up that emphasizes feminine characteristics (it is, after all, well known that the lips above are painted to make us think of the lips down below), or eye makeup to make myself appear like an open eyed 'receptive' girl. After all, who am I trying to attract?

Cary
12-18-2008, 07:03 PM
If the world suddenly accepted CDing, I be soooooooooo happy. I would defintly be a better dresser(male and female). I would develope a combination the two. I would definitly be wearing panty and/or hose most days. I think the biggest thing that I would love in this new world is that I could go shopping with and ask my GG friends and family for advice on clothes.

Cary

Tess
12-18-2008, 08:43 PM
As a male I've never been on the cutting edge of fashion so it would take me awhile to step out in female clothing if it became acceptable. But once I put my toe in the water I would be doing it all the time. My dress would match the situation...if GG's are in blue jeans and t-shirts, that's what I would be wearing too. It doesn't have to be a dress and heels every day, only when it fits the situation.

Sophie_C
12-18-2008, 09:52 PM
Just curious, I was wondering for those who are in the closet. If crossdressing was more accepted , just as a female can dress in male attire. How many of us closet crossdressers would openly dress? What would you consider comparable for a male crossdresser to wear? Like our female counter parts can wear trousers would a dress be comparable? Are our so called female counterparts really crossdressing ? Those I know of do not wear boxers.

The more I think about this thread the more I see some crossdressers throw out the fact that women dress in male fashion openly. I really don't see that true. I say that because they manage to keep that fem look that makes them just as attractive as if they where in traditional female clothing ( a dress ).. I read more threads in here stateing we dress and perfer the items to be of female nature , most of us now having the option to buy silk boxers or male nylon briefs still perfer panties. Its just not the same.

What would you wear if society over night accepted us as a normal event if we was walking down the street sporting a wig to look fem or if you still have hair grown and cut to resemble a female style. High heels,dress and etc. Would you leave the closet?

I think I will remain in the closet myself due to all the years of rejection..

No, it IS the same. Look at girls like Samantha Ronson (giving personal examples of people i've met is the same thing as a celeb).

But, to answer the question - acceptance isn't all of it. If it was accepted but I couldn't find a mate, then i'd still have a problem. Posing that I could still be found attractive AND it was accepted the way women are accepted having short hair and wearing complete man clothes, then, well, i'd probably be full-time, then.

Having zero repercussions means there's no point in me dressing in men's clothes any more.

Ashlyee Paige
12-19-2008, 01:44 AM
might be alot harder to pass if it was accepted like that since everyone wouldnt pay attention to clothing as a means of identifing your gender and look more closely at the facial features, might not be able to pass as well as if it wasnt accepted. I would love to wear denim miniskirts as well as summer dresses and the shoes :>

Satrana
12-19-2008, 04:34 AM
Many CDs mistakenly believe that if they were given the total freedom they want then they would take advantage of it everyday. In reality after an initial period of exuberation you would settle down to wearing what you felt like at the time, and that would mean you would often find yourself in jeans and T-shirts and dressing up when you felt the situation warranted it. In other words we would end up with the same clothing habits as GGs.

This warrants the question that if CDs and GGs have the same habits - either we are not CDs anymore or GGs are in fact crossdressing but their behavior is governed by the freedom and acceptance to wear masculine clothing.

kimberlyt221
12-19-2008, 12:32 PM
I would be out in a heartbeat

Elizebeth
12-19-2008, 01:23 PM
I sotimes wear a kilt out. It mens clothing but its a change and has good air flow.

Tasha McIntyre
12-19-2008, 08:06 PM
Having been formly in the closet all this time it would feel strange to get out in the world in girly clothes, but I reckon I'd get used to it pretty quickly. I would wear a skirt or dress most days, without being dressed to the nines :daydreaming:

nylonlove
12-29-2008, 09:06 AM
:rose2:How i wish i live long enough to see a world were i could wear all the pretty skirts, dresses, heels etc and no one would judge me.

Satrana
12-29-2008, 09:53 AM
How i wish i live long enough to see a world were i could wear all the pretty skirts, dresses, heels etc and no one would judge me.

Well they would still judge you but on different criteria such as approval or disapproval of your outfit, hairdo, make-up etc. There is a lot of judging done when you present a feminine image which is one reason why GGs now dress in a neutral fashion.

JoAnne Wheeler
12-29-2008, 02:10 PM
If crossdressing were accepted as normal behavior, I would be dressed 24/7.

Love,

JoAnne Wheeler

immike
12-29-2008, 02:13 PM
If society accepted crossdressers,I would be out of the closet asap.I love
to wear pantyhose,mini skirts,silky soft blouses&heels

Carin
12-29-2008, 08:40 PM

Given that I was in the closet a year ago and not now...

A few months ago I decided that crossdressing was accepted by society. So I did. Now I crossdress all the time. At home at the grocery store, around my kids and their friends.

I wear stylish women's jeans most of the time, putting on a skirt to go out for an evening. When it is cold I wear turtle neck sweaters. When not I wear a nice blouse. My nails have red polish for Christmas, before that they were a nice maroon shade. I put on jewellery and makeup when leaving the house, and sometimes just around the house. I guess not much different from what most women are wearing.

countrygirl
12-29-2008, 10:06 PM
If crossdressing is more open and accepting, then yes I would crossdress most of the time since I feel right being a women.

Samantha43
12-29-2008, 10:10 PM
My male clothes would hit the dumpster.........

Kristen Kelly
12-31-2008, 09:15 AM
Reading this post I had to comment, I had to get out of the closet 3 years ago no room for the clothes and me. Seriously it is scary in the beginning but now I go anywhere and everywhere, I dress to where I'm going and what the GGs are wearing around me, confident and comfortable where ever I go, so much at ease I forget I'm dressed as I am. All I have to say is most people couldn't care you are out there and I blend into the background and stay in stealth mode as much as I can, but I am out and interact with people and go and do the everyday things. The more people see us out and find we are not threatening, the less of a big deal it will be. Stop talking about it get out find a support group, a tg friendly bar take that first step, closets are for clothes not to hide in. Yes it's safe but not a fraction of the fun I'm having now.

kimmy p
12-31-2008, 09:24 AM
I agree with others, I would dress as I like depending on my mood, and the situation. Anything form a formal gown to sweats, just the option would greatly please me. My hair would be grown out and styled much differently though.

Secret Sis
12-31-2008, 10:12 AM
What an interesting question! If it were more accepted I would probably dress openly at home, since most of what I like wearing would be inappropriate for someone of my age to be wearing in public.

I kind of wonder if dressing would be as much fun... I think there is some thrill (at least for me) of wearing clothes that I'm not supposed to be wearing.

Joanne_2003
12-31-2008, 10:39 AM
I would wear a bra every day, and depending on the situation skirts, slacks and dresses. Love to go shopping with my wife while I wore the dress. lol

Billie Jean
12-31-2008, 11:49 PM
I'd be out the second that I found out about it and probably not wear male clothes for quite a while. Wouldn't I look cute wearing capris and tube top riding my motorcycle with fur trimmed boots.Billie Jean

immike
01-01-2009, 08:25 AM
If CD became acceptable,I would be wearing short mini skirts,pantyhose&
silky blouses&heels,and short skirtsuits to work

linnea
01-01-2009, 01:00 PM
This is a complex question with several variables (how much acceptance, would a person dress some of the time or all of the time, etc.); however, I'll respond to the part that interests me the most.
When I dress, I add some of the parts of my outfit for "female effect" because it's easier to be accepted in female attire when one looks female (longer hair, earrings, make-up, contours). If crossdressing were broadly accepted in US society, perhaps a male could wear a dress, stockings, heels, etc. without having to have the contours and other features that people typically expect from a woman's presentation.
I don't wear silk boxers because I don't like boxers. I wear women's underwear because I like the fit and the feel. But no one sees what kind of underwear I'm wearing.

sherib
01-01-2009, 01:09 PM
Its not that easy to come out of the closet you know. Because of the controverse about crossdressing, there will always be a lot of people against it. If you new your neighbors, people at work, you know the people you dealt with everyday didn't object. Yes I would be out of the closet. Dressed in 4" heels and a low slung black dress.

lauraabdl
01-01-2009, 01:16 PM
If the world suddenly accepted CDing, I be soooooooooo happy. I would defintly be a better dresser(male and female). I would develope a combination the two. I would definitly be wearing panty and/or hose most days. I think the biggest thing that I would love in this new world is that I could go shopping with and ask my GG friends and family for advice on clothes.

Cary

Cary I couldn't have stated it better. We could have quite a wonderful time all of the time.
Laura