PDA

View Full Version : Shaving question from a GG

Paige.
12-18-2008, 10:09 AM
What is the difference between shaving your face and shaving your legs?

I am curious because I have never read a post that says something like "OMG, I just shaved my face again. My cheeks feel incredibly smooth and sexy and I was so turned on the whole time. It must be the 6,143rd time for me and my make-up is going to look so good."

I don't mean to mock, but when you want to dress you shave your face to look pretty and feminine. But it isn't the same as doing your legs is it? Is it because a beard is strictly a male thing and leg shaving is a female thing? Can anyone enlighten me?

kristinacd55
12-18-2008, 10:11 AM
It's definitely a crossdressing thing. Just like for a GW to say "it's sexy to shave my legs". Not gonna happen! :)

Dr.Susan
12-18-2008, 10:13 AM
Because you don't put hosiery on your face. Unless your robbing bank.

Sallee
12-18-2008, 10:16 AM
I find my face feels great when I get a good close shave and apply some face cream and conditioner before I begin with the paint. :)
Of course smooth legs after a shave there is great too.

tanya1976
12-18-2008, 10:24 AM

I am curious because I have never read a post that says something like "OMG, I just shaved my face again. My cheeks feel incredibly smooth and sexy and I was so turned on the whole time. It must be the 6,143rd time for me and my make-up is going to look so good."

I don't mean to mock, but when you want to dress you shave your face to look pretty and feminine. But it isn't the same as doing your legs is it? Is it because a beard is strictly a male thing and leg shaving is a female thing? Can anyone enlighten me?

Well if maybe if you think about the transgressive aspect of crossdressing you could argue it is common practise/allowed by society for men to shave their face. Although fashions come and go it is perhaps less so regarding other areas of the body.
Also in terms of conditioning, although I keep my legs smooth generally, it is usually the first step in preparing to dress up so maybe it is just anticipation. I don't personally find the act of shaving arousing though. Smooth legs on the other hand...:o

Kate Simmons
12-18-2008, 10:42 AM
I think it's mostly an individual thing Paige. As in, we are either successful or not. Some like myself need beard cover for the face as no amount of shaving gets rid of the shadow no matter how smooth it may feel or how close we shave. This is why I always say it's about illusion mostly and attitude. The legs are a bit different for a crossdressing guy as there is no shadow to speak of, we just have to shave often to avoid the stubble if we want to keep a smooth look.:)

Paige.
12-18-2008, 10:52 AM

I'm still laughing at this one. Thanks for the chuckle.

trisha59
12-18-2008, 11:06 AM
There is a difference in how you shave too. At least for me. Face shaving I'm looking at my piss in the mirror usually in the morning still a bit tired and "looking forward to work. With leg shaving I'm usually in a nice bath getting ready for a night of fun. I have also heard GG's say on occasion Something like "this is a really important night I'v even shaved my legs. Reinforcing in my mind that its something you girls do for special occasions. :2c:

docrobbysherry
12-18-2008, 11:13 AM
I'm still laughing at this one. Thanks for the chuckle.

--- for the same reason most GGs don't shave their faces! Shaving stimulates the root and hair usually comes back thicker and darker! Probably the reason the ONLY PLACE ON MY MY BODY THAT I CAN GROW DECENT HAIR is my face!:doh:

The hair on the rest of my body is fairly invisible, Paige. Also, my skin is so thin, I've never been able to use a razor without getting a rash! Do some women have that problem, too?
I use an electric. Because they don't cut as close. Men that have dark beard shadows r much like GGs with dark, thick, leg hair. They must shave very close, and often to reduce shadow and remain smooth! With the exception that u ladies can always put on dark hose if you don't wish to shave rite then! :D

As previously mentioned, if men tried that on our faces, we mite end up shot!:eek:

Jenny Beth
12-18-2008, 11:21 AM
Simple. Face shaving is a guy thing that most of us hate. For sure we have to get a close shave to get a decent make up job but nothing beats a smooth pair of legs to slip a nice pair of stockings on. But don't take my word for it, don't shave your legs for a year or so and you'll see what we mean! :D

MonikaW
12-18-2008, 11:23 AM
A significant part of the difference is the sensation. Male body hair is generally thick and acts as an insulating layer against the skin. When that body hair is not there, the skin exposed directly to what ever touches it whether it is clothing or simply air. This sensation feels very different especially to one who is not accustomed to it. I remember when I was much younger and shaved my legs for the very first time, the sensation was amazing. My leg hair at the time was very thick, and not having that layer of hair felt incredibly different as my skin could directly feel all sorts of things it never could before. Clothing just glides along the skin and one doesn’t feel the hair. I suspect that someone who has worn a beard for sometime and then shaves it probably notices a similar sensation as their face is exposed directly to air after removing the beard. Now that I keep myself relatively hair-free, I am accustomed to the feeling, so it doesn’t feel so amazing. However, I definitely prefer the feeling of being hair-free.

Apart from the sensation, another difference is the ritual. Shaving one’s legs is part of the ritual of becoming feminine. Shaving legs is not generally part of one’s male grooming habits, so doing it helps one get into a different state of mind. Shaving the face is just a part of the daily routine like brushing your teeth.

Sam-antha
12-18-2008, 11:29 AM
Going back to the orginal query, one reply would be to consider the fact that I believe that there is a lot more leg than face.
Also parts of our legs tend to be more difficult to reach than parts of our faces.

Intertwined
12-18-2008, 12:01 PM

First off, the face is a lot easier to shave, eye level, right across from you in the mirror, no contorting around to get the back of thighs or knees.

Its a matter of perspective, I personally, do not find shaving my legs sexy, I do find the look, and especially the feel of slacks or a skirt afterwards INCREDIBLE. As you can tell by my pictures, I have a beard and mustache, but shave the rest of my face and head. I actually do find shaving my head, and the look afterwards sexy, Perspective.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=927&pictureid=8023:confused2:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=927&pictureid=7413:wyla:

I don't shave my face, and consider my overall look when dressed pretty and feminine, furry face ,arms and all (perspective)
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=927&pictureid=7456

AmandaM
12-18-2008, 12:10 PM
I think that since guys do it their whole lives, it becomes no big deal. If a guy had a beard his whole life, and then became a crossdresser at say, 40, then maybe he'd get a thrill from shaving the first time, in anticipation of crossdressing and looking more fem than before. But, I feel that shaving my legs is purely feminine act, the look, the feel, the emotional bond to women.

Babette
12-18-2008, 12:16 PM

For me, the biggest difference in shaving your face or your legs is the texture of the hair. There is nothing worse looking or feeling than 3-4 days of facial hair growth. At that stage, I would liken my facial hairs to those found on a walrus - really stiff ant extra bristly. I much prefer the feel of my face immediately after shaving (and so does my wife). As for the rest of the body hair, I never had too much to worry about. It takes me a few swipes with the razor here and there and I'm done. Even then, I enjoy the feeling of a smooth, overall body.

Babette

Wendy me
12-18-2008, 12:16 PM
OK for me the Face shaving sucks lol ....hate the face hair and hate shaving it .... now my legs and pits and arms i don't mind a bit ..... the Face shaving is "HIS" stuff and the rest is "HER'S"...........

Nancy (PA)
12-18-2008, 12:17 PM
I've simplified the process by using "nair" to remove all my leg hair, and I shave my chest and underarms during the winter months. Now that's a great feeling afterwards. And I also shave the pubic area, twice a week.

sherib
12-18-2008, 12:25 PM
Shaving or trimming the hair on your face is something most men have to do everyday to look neet a work. Shaving the legs is something that feels absolutey marvelous when you know your going to top it off with a pair of sheer pantyhose or stocking. Shaving the face is a required chore for the office.

cindym5_04
12-18-2008, 01:12 PM
I'm not a big fan of body hair in general, so I shave anyway. It's not even a crossdressing thing for me. Shaving my face is just a pain-in-the-azz. I just don't feel clean when my face is all stubbly. Same thing with the rest of my body (below the neck)- just feel kinda gross with all of the hair.

I feel refreshed sometimes after I shave my face, because like I said- it's just a cleaner feeling. It's nothing that I'd orgasm over or through a celebration about.

CharleneT
12-18-2008, 01:18 PM
Well, in terms of actual "differences", facial hair grows in many different directions and is quite stiff... harder to shave. I think the reason that CD's don't make comments like you suggested (which made me fall on the floor laughing) is because they do not ritualize or fetishize shaving their face. Which is curious in that to put on makeup, men usually have to shave their face much more carefully than they would normally. Often a couple times.

Good question !

carolinoakland
12-18-2008, 01:21 PM
Oh I don't know, I've often heard FAB ask another " Did you shave your legs? No? Then it's not a real date." Does that get close to what you mean?

Chrissy be good
12-18-2008, 02:26 PM
I'm not a big fan of body hair in general, so I shave anyway. It's not even a crossdressing thing for me. Shaving my face is just a pain-in-the-azz. I just don't feel clean when my face is all stubbly. Same thing with the rest of my body (below the neck)- just feel kinda gross with all of the hair.
Same here. I think a lot of guys are shaving or trimming thier arms. Take a look around. I never noticed it at first, but now I spot it everywhere. There are even products marketed to rid excess body hair. I'm luck enough now that even tough my wife doesn't know I dress, she was a cyclist, and commented one day how she thought that guys legs looked sexy shaved. I told her I'd try it for her. Now they are usually shaved and she thinks its for her. Haha.You know the feeling you get after you shed the wool on the legs, and the air hits them. I have one better. I had long hair to just above my waist and ended up shaving it bald. Same feeling with the air, but I felt 10lbs lighter. Wish I could get that one back oops.

tricia_uktv
12-18-2008, 03:08 PM
I am just finishing a blog entry on hair in general, though it wont be up till about March as things are going.

I don't need any hair at all but still it grows. The only hair I like is my wig which isn't mine. Every fortnight I nair and its the worst night of my life!

Grrrrrrrrrr

StaceyJane
12-18-2008, 03:19 PM
You really should ask the FTM's about that. I suppose they could explain how great it is to shave their face and not their legs.

DonnaT
12-18-2008, 04:22 PM
Well, after I shave my face, it still looks like a man's face.

Once I shave my legs, they look more feminine.

I can get excited over sexy legs, but can't get excited over the same old face.

Sarah...
12-18-2008, 04:28 PM
Oh, I dunno. I kinda love my face to be as smooth as my legs. That's why I love shaving my face after two or three days - I get such a close shave it's gorgeous.

Sarah...

sometimes_miss
12-18-2008, 04:45 PM
This is for Doc R, but I suppose others may benefit as well, because up until recently, I never knew the right way to shave.

Shaving stimulates the root and hair usually comes back thicker and darker!
Always read that was a myth. The hair just gets thicker as we get older, giving the impression it's caused by shaving. But I had a beard the first 25 years of facial hair, and only trimmed it, never shaved. It came in thicker anyway. So much for that theory.

I've never been able to use a razor without getting a rash!
For some of us, it's hard to get a close shave without irritation. My dad didn't teach me to shave, so I was doing it wrong until a few years ago. Try showering first, use shampoo and conditioner on the beard as well as head, and do it last so you don't constantly rinse all the conditioner off. Use a good lubricating gel, (I use Edge) lather and wait a few minutes (yeah, I hate waiting too, but you have to). The skin MUST be held firm and taught. You'll have to discover which direction to shave, I suppose it depends on your face. I shave in a downward direction above and just a bit past the jaw line, then in an upward direction from the chest/neck line back to the jaw line. ONCE. ONCE. If you go over it again without more gel, the lubrication is gone, and you're scraping the skin. And, depending on how fast your beard grows, you may be able to get a closer shave if you wait an extra day between shaves (at least, I can) because the multiple blade razors need a long enough hair to grab on to and pull it taught before the last blade shaves it off, leaving the stub slightly below skin level. Oh, and for a good shave, you have to use a new blade. Yeah, it gets expensive, but sometimes you get what you pay for. I buy my blades by the hundreds on ebay, price comes down to about a buck a cartridge. Yes, you can sometimes get by with a used blade, but for important dates, spend the cash and do it right. For those of you with thicker beards, you may have to re-shave in different directions to get all the stubble. My tutor told me he had to shave up, sideways and down in every section to get a smooth shave, and that it takes a lot of time but he didn't see any other choice.
Legs? Same, after a long shower, using Edge gel, I shave upwards to keep it close. Just takes a lot longer, I guess partially because I don't do it that much so I'm not as good at it. Maybe I'll try nair next time.
Doc, if you still get irritation in some areas, you might consider electrolysis for those sections only. Good luck.

KellyCD
12-18-2008, 05:12 PM
--- Shaving stimulates the root and hair usually comes back thicker and darker!

I find it funny this myth is still around to this day. It was busted on national TV a few years ago. I guess people still believe it because it sounds like it could make sense. Kinda like warm water freezes faster than cold water. (it doesn't btw)

Sammy777
12-18-2008, 05:45 PM
It is sorta simple.
It is what is socially expected of us, so there's no fun in it.

Men: Have to shave there face. Fun could be growing a beard for some.

Women: Have to shave their legs [unless you live in France J/K] lol

So the fun part could be from doing the opposite of what society says we can't or shouldn't do or it could just be the feeling of them after.
To each his/her own on fun vs. feeling.

I find it funny this myth is still around to this day. Kinda like warm water freezes faster than cold water. (it doesn't btw)

Actually, it's boiled water that freezes faster.
Even if it is a higher temp then nonboiled water it will freeze faster because there are less impurities in it.
People just sorta screwed the wording/facts over time.

It is the same as distilled water will NOT boil.
[Distilled water is boiled, turned to steam then back to water removing most or all impurities]

Water only boils [bubbles] because of the impurities.
Distilled water goes from water straight to vapor without all the bubbling.

If you bring distilled water to boiling temp it will just sit there.
Now, drop something, anything in to it and it will instantly & violently "boil" [bubble up].

Jill
12-18-2008, 07:23 PM
I already know this is going to be a bit redundant, but for me it's all about the hose. I really don't care for shaved legs other then I love pulling pantyhose over shaved legs and I hate the way pantyhose looks on hairy man legs.

I agree with what someone already said here. Don't shave your legs for a year Paige, then one day, shave them bare and slip into the softest pantyhose you can find and that may give you a bit of an idea.

docrobbysherry
12-18-2008, 07:53 PM
Always read that was a myth. The hair just gets thicker as we get older, giving the impression it's caused by shaving. But I had a beard the first 25 years of facial hair, and only trimmed it, never shaved. It came in thicker anyway. So much for that theory.

Lexi, the myth I heard, goes like this: "If u shave OR CUT your hair, it grows back darker and thicker".

I find it funny this myth is still around to this day. It was busted on national TV a few years ago. I guess people still believe it because it sounds like it could make sense.

Lexi and Kelly, I can ONLY site my 60 years of experience. ( Not counting the hair on my head, that has been falling out since age 19), here's what I've experienced:

1. The only places on my body I've ever cut or shaved my hair, is on my face and in my nose. Both of those places have MUCH thicker hair than when I was, say 16, when I started shaving. (Yes, I know men's nose and ear hair increases as they age). Brings me to my next point.

2. My ear hair DID increased in volume, but NOT in thickness! I've always plucked it. Never cut it! There's much less of it now, and it's much finer, than 10 years ago. At about the same time, I began trimming my nose hair more often. It's gotten denser and thicker!:sad:

3. The hair on my; arms, legs, and pits, is still baby fine. As it was when I was 16. I'm not sure about the amount of hair there, just the thickness. It may be longer and denser now, but not thicker.

Maybe I'm the exception, don't know. Or maybe the "myth" came about, because for many, it's true!?:eek:

Sally24
12-18-2008, 08:39 PM

Actually I do feel that way sometimes. Usually soon after electrolysis so that I have an unusually smooth face. Shaving , then moisturizing, then applying makeup is so nice at that point!

As far as the differences, well.......

You don't see your face as much, only in a mirror. Your legs are very visual because they're right there in front of you. Since most of us wear alot of skirts and dresses with hose, that accentuates or focuses our attention on them. Also, it's a much larger surface area so the affect is magnified. I especially notice the different feelings when wearing a silky skirt out on a breezy day. Even after years of this that is an incredibly sensual feeling!

TGMarla
12-18-2008, 09:24 PM
Paige, I wish I could do both. Whereas it is acceptable for a man to be clean-shaven, it is not for a man's legs to be so. I'm sure that most of us take the liberty to be clean-shaven on the face for obvious reasons. I shave mine almost every day. But when it comes to the legs, the best I can do and get away with is to thin out the forest with some electric clippers, and wear multiple layers of hosiery to cover up.

So, for the record, I'm really glad when I get a good, close shave on my face with minimal cuts and nicks to deal with, because my makeup looks much better when I can do this.

Jennifer Brooks
12-18-2008, 09:32 PM

Ah, I finally get to answer a question from Paige. Hey Girl! Um, I hate having to shave my face but shaving my legs feels so good. The clothes actually touching my legs feels great. The itching from facial hair regrowing stinks. I have always told my wife that hair should only be on your head and certain parts of your face. I really hate hair. YUK! Not the answer you were looking for but I don't get a high out of shaving my legs becasue I "Nair" them but still do not get a high out of hairless legs. Unless there is a pair of pantie hoes on them, they are just my guy legs with out hair. Oh well.

catriona36
12-18-2008, 10:01 PM
i was brought up to be clean shaven at all times (tho rarely am) i hate to shave cos it all ways leaves me in pain
i spent $$$ on a wet electric shaver but they never a close shave.
if i could i would have laser on face :)

Edyta_C
12-18-2008, 10:24 PM
Well I feel clean with out body hair. The body hair to me is repellent and gross. Now I'm not a TS, just a CDer that feels better dressed and feels better when my skin is softer and smoother. So shaving or using Nair does make me feel better. More femme yes, but a lot cleaner. When I bathe or shower, my skin feels so good.

Edy

Cari
12-18-2008, 10:42 PM
I cam walk around with a clean shaven face all day and noone cares.
Legs are a different story, Its kind of a right of passage to the CD world

Cari

justmetoo
12-18-2008, 10:50 PM
I don't get anything out of the act, but I do like the feel of a good close clean shave (legs or face). I find leg-shaving much easier. Facial hair seems coarser and stiffer, I get some irritation on my neck, can't get all of it shaved. The best shave I can get is if I let it go for a day or 2 and then shave (and get ingrown whiskers if I'm not careful or use a blade that's gotten a bit dull). With legs I don't get any irritation, I can get them totally smooth (and I don't have to do it so often).
I'd rather shave my legs than my face. I'd like both to be smooth most of the time, although I'm not too concerned if my legs aren't smooth or hairless all of the time (and there are times I like to grow the whiskers).

Satrana
12-19-2008, 04:50 AM
I have never read a post that says something like "OMG, I just shaved my face again. My cheeks feel incredibly smooth and sexy and I was so turned on the whole time.

Actually I do love a close shave on my face making it soft and smooth like a baby. But as a man I have been programmed to never state such an idea, and old habits die slowly.

But men like myself with thick body hair really do feel an incredible difference when it is shaved off. The hair does rob you of a great deal of the physical sensation of touch as well as being itchy and annoying.

If it were not for the social stigma behind men shaving their bodies, it would be far more common, probably not that far behind men who shave their faces.

And while we are on the subject, isn't facial shaving an original and accepted form of crossdressing where the man copies the hairless look of a woman? How come woman do not go Eeek! over facial shaving and demand they have a right to a man who must grow a beard to be a real man?:heehee:

rustynail
12-19-2008, 04:58 AM
A few years ago i found that I seemed to have fewer hairs on my lower legs. A girl in the office noticed and asked if I shaved them. I replied "no" and this was true but she did not look as though she believed me. I have since heard that men lose the hair on there lower leg as they get older anyway. I have once shaved my thighs (because of wearing sheer stockings) but was self conscious because of the earlier experience in the office. I have recently shave a bit of my chest which is naturally quite hairy. The hairs at the top were tickiling my chin, having never been shaved before. For fun i then shaved my boob area, but now have to wear pyjamas as my SO would certainly make adverse comments. It does feel nice though, especially with a bra and slip!

Sally24
12-19-2008, 06:22 AM
A few years ago i found that I seemed to have fewer hairs on my lower legs. I have since heard that men lose the hair on there lower leg as they get older anyway.
That is true. I don't have much hair for the 5 or 6 inches above my ankles anymore. Wish it would continue up the whole leg!:sad:

avril findlay
12-19-2008, 06:27 AM

That's one of the best one line answers to a query I've ever seen. Take a bow Susan, brilliant!

prene
12-19-2008, 06:37 AM
Paige,
This takes several hrs but I pull 80% of the hairs on my face.
I don't have that much though.
When I pull the face hairs I get such a clean face I do not have to shave for 4 days. It is great. I usually use creams on my legs.

The hard parts to shave is under the arms(pits).

I can't be the only ones am I ???

StaceyJane
12-19-2008, 09:16 AM
Can I just say one more time that I love shaving my legs. I wanted to do it for the longest time. and now that I have done it I can't imagine not shaving and having those hairy legs back.

sxymegan
12-19-2008, 09:25 AM
I don't have that much hair on my legs to begin with so it doesn't matter to me weather i shave or not. I did the other day and my legs felt great. I plan to keep this part up from now on:D

Thanks Miss Megs

kimberlyt221
12-19-2008, 12:25 PM
All I know is that after I shave my legs, ( which I barely ever do ) my legs feel incredible even in a pair of my jeans. I feel much sexier without ever dressing in womens clothes.

Katy Dee
12-19-2008, 12:45 PM
Yes we women too get razor burn, hence not shaving our faces until we are ancient! However waxing is by far the best way if you can stand the pain,(which gets easier to bear as time goes on). It takes some time to grow in again and when it does it is new softer hair. If you have soft skin around the eyebrow area, don't atempt to wax them. It can leave a bruising mark. Shaving does stimulate growth!
Good luck to you all!

Angel.Marie76
12-19-2008, 12:51 PM
My .02$ says that, when comparing shaving legs to shaving my face, the legs win for easiest overall /except/ when fighting the ingrown hairs, or a bout of sensitive skin irritation.

Shaving my face, I've found, feels like I'm going up against a thousand of my worst enemies, all standing at attention and holding strong against my attack. With shaving cream, or electric razor, after spending some time to level the enemy's defenses, it still seems like they're still there, under cover, or they've snuck deep into the areas that never like to be visited.. like the hairlip. ;-)

Now, for me, I'm thin, so my chin also, after shaving, ends up full of bumps because, simply, there's very little meat there to soften the pores, etc.

Lastly, the shadow is the most disheartening thing to have to see after all that work. And it is work, and how can someone really feel super proud of this shaving task when the first thing they see back in the mirror is this dark haze.

Sure, when I shave before working with makeup, I strive for a super-soft smooth surface, and I'd say on average 60-70% meets that criteria. The shadow, the fact that I fear seriously cutting myself in such a visible place, etc, makes is very hard to get 100%, all the time - plus it doesn't seem like its ever smooth enough. When I shave my legs, it's become this smooth, caring process, perhaps because I do like the feel of my legs without hair, esp. after a usual lotion treatment (I'll never rush my GG SO through her lotioning procedures again. ;-} ). Further, to look down at my legs and NOT see stubble, or a relative shadow, is a form of happiness for me. My face needs so much work to add some femininity to it, my legs, a razor and lotion.

Lastly, I'll add that, when I have shaved my arms or other parts of my body (chest, down there, etc) that 'smoothness' that I was referring to seems to follow it. Again, with the face, not so.

Nicole Erin
12-19-2008, 01:05 PM
What did somebody mention, nevermind I plead the 5th...

OK so yeah it is like this -
Shaving the face is merely getting rid of the curse of the beard, for at least a little while. It is a chore, it doesn't feel luxurious or even sexy. The makeup feels sexy well can look that way...

Shaving the legs feels nice but is kind of optional. there are long skirts or dark tights or whatever...

Shaving legs is a luxury, shaving the face is a chore.

trisha11
12-19-2008, 01:10 PM
I think for me it is because shaving our face is just something that us "guys/girls" just have to do if we choose to not have facial hair, it is maintenance for us. Kind of like girls shaving their legs, it is maintenance. When us girls shave our legs it is part of the feminine process. My GG friend recently talked me into shaving my armpits, lmao, she almost talked me into shaving my legs and chest but I was going on a trip to sunny florida and did not want to reveal myself or have questions asked about my smooth chest and legs, giggles.
Trisha

Robyn2006
12-19-2008, 01:45 PM
Hey Paige,
For me, shaving my face is such a hateful chore, a necessary first step in my transition. Like most, I suppose, I'd just as well not have a beard to shave at all. The whole thing is a huge pain, as is shaving everywhere else... I get no thrill in the act, only so thankful and happy once it's over and I FINALLY have a pallet to feminize. :battingeyelashes:

Robyn

ColleenShivas
12-20-2008, 01:36 AM
My wife gets up in the morning and puts on her make-up. I get up and shave. It is just something that we do. If we are going out in the evening, she redoes her make-up. I may or may not shave again. My facial hair is light, so I do not really have a five-o-clock shadow.

On the other hand, my arm, chest and leg hair is darker and fast enough growing that is is visible in a couple of days, so shaving it off is very much a part of transitioning to female mode. The mind may be gender-enhanced, but the body is still definitely male.

Patricia Johnson
12-20-2008, 02:24 AM
For me some of the sexist images that come to mind are of beautiful women beside a tub full of bubbles sitting on the edge of the tub in a towel leg bent at the knee elegantly shaving. That is so feminine. I also love the sensation of stockings on freshly shaven legs.

Shelly67
12-20-2008, 04:07 AM
I love the feel of being freshly shaved , but hate having to repeatidly do it ,as it becomes a chore .
How I wish we could all only have to shave once , and that would be the end of it ..... smooth and silky ...... in all our nooks and crannies .... giggle:o

Carole Cross
12-20-2008, 04:41 AM
For me shaving is a real pain.
I have sensitive skin so I can get a rash even using a electric shaver. My hair grows really fast and I also have a permaneht shadow. If I could afford it I would have it removed by laser. But it looks as though I will have to wait for electrolysis.

deja true
12-20-2008, 08:03 AM
Well, this sasquatch avoided shaving his face for almost thirty years and kept a short well trimmed beard. And when it got shaved off last year for the first time, it was a revelation. Didn't even recognize the guy in the mirror after all that time, though he did look a little familiar.

I did enjoy the trimming of it over the years, fooling myself that I looked like a skinny Sean Connery (LOL!). But now that I shave every day (even when I don't have to go to work...), it's becoming something of a chore... but I also get to see deja there every morning, 'cos shaving the face now is directly related to freeing her from her hairy prison after all those years. So yeah Paige, for me face shaving is a bit of a thrill. I'm sure it'll pale into routine and drudgery after a while though.

The same epiphany that got me to shave that decades old beard also got me to start on the rest of my body, too. Chest, arms, legs...all kept shaven now. I've gone from totally bushy Airedale to complete Chihuahua in the past few months. It still grows fast, though, so a couple of days of not shaving brings back a salt and pepper stubble that pleases me not at all. :(

Still, even though it has added an extra 20 minutes or so to my daily morning ablutions (ya like that word?), I find a joy in rotating the requirement to "thresh and mow" the various bits in order to keep the wooly "what's-his-name" at bay and the (mostly) smooth deja with me all the time. Legs one day, arms the next, and chest the next...a three day rotation. Weekends often have the time to get the whole thing done at once, a kinda hour long concentrated deja revival that I now enjoy and look forward to!

Sorry about all the details, but you started it!

:)

Angie G
12-20-2008, 08:18 AM
For me it something that's a must do for the face and a want to do for the legs.:hugs:
Angie

BrianaMarie
12-26-2008, 10:03 PM
I think for me it is because shaving our face is just something that us "guys/girls" just have to do if we choose to not have facial hair, it is maintenance for us. Kind of like girls shaving their legs, it is maintenance. When us girls shave our legs it is part of the feminine process. My GG friend recently talked me into shaving my armpits, lmao, she almost talked me into shaving my legs and chest but I was going on a trip to sunny florida and did not want to reveal myself or have questions asked about my smooth chest and legs, giggles.
Trisha

So are you ready to shave your legs yet? lol If you shave them, I'll buy you a spankin' fresh pair on nylons to put on those gorgeous silky legs!!!:cute:

Robynts
12-26-2008, 10:27 PM
I too hid Robyn for about 20 years behind a full beard. Early photos are from the neck down. I ended up having to shave for work and it was amazing. Within months Robyn was out and about.

Now back to the shaving question. I still find my face to be very sexy when I shave it extra close to be Robyn. I shave it 5 different directions to get it as smooth as possible. When I am in drab and heading to work I never shave it that much and it is not near as smooth. As for my legs, I love the feeling when they are shaved and smooth. Nothing feels better than to slip stockings onto them when they are freshly shaved. I thank my mother's genes for not having much hair. I never have to shave my arms and the legs take 3-4 days to grow back.

Robyn

Karren H
12-26-2008, 10:28 PM
OGM.... I just epilated part of my face and it feels smooth as my legs!! hahaha

rachellenicole
12-26-2008, 11:11 PM
I don't like any hair on my body except the hair on my scalp which, of course, is disappearing all on its own. I also don't like to shave it all off, its a pain in the butt, oh well.... thats my cross to bear and the results are worth it.

Rach

Jilmac
12-26-2008, 11:18 PM
I have never said how smooth and sexy my shaved legs felt. In fact, when I do shave my legs they always sting afterwards. Perhaps it's because the skin on my legs is much more sensitive than the skin on my face. Shaving has always been a chore for me and would cause my face to break out with zits which is why I wore a full beard for 36 years before finally shaving it off 11 months ago.

I guess I'm getting a little long winded here but I just wanted to say that my legs look masculine shaved or hairy but I do enjoy the smoothness of them shaved. I usually use an electric shaver for my face but in the shower, I use a ladies razor on my legs and always end up with nicks and cuts. I wonder if I'm doing something wrong.

marny
12-27-2008, 02:51 AM
9 bucks to who gets this right, ' sometime's I make up. sometimers I wake up! Who knows the song!

Intertwined
12-27-2008, 03:43 AM
9 bucks to who gets this right, ' sometime's I make up. sometimers I wake up! Who knows the song!

Just a guess?
Chop Suey by System of a Down

DanaR
12-27-2008, 04:17 AM
Paige,

If I shave my face (closely) to often it gets irritated, because my skin is fairly sensitive. After shaving my face, I'll moisturize and put my makeup on; none of this helps. So after a few days my face is breaking out. When I shave my legs, it is a completely different sensation. My legs feel nice and silky, even without hose.

Shikyo
12-27-2008, 04:27 AM
I need to shave, because otherwise my face would look so stupid, for anyone near enough. I got thin and blond body hair, for most parts of my body, including the facial hair. It does not even grow that long, the longest it has ever grown, should not have been maybe 1cm.
It looks very bad from close, as you can kinda see it, but you cannot see it. It makes the face seem uncared for, doesn't matter in which mode I am. Though I do not get any kind of beard shadow.

I even tried to sugaring my facial hair, but it only works partially, I am unable to get all the facial hair out with it, unlike for the rest of my body. I looked into this issue and it seems the root system for the male beard is different compared to all the other hair in the human body, this root systems makes it impossible/very hard to get them out besides by plucking each of them alone or shaving it.

JoAnne Wheeler
12-27-2008, 07:54 AM
Facial shaving is a must for guys and leg shaving is part of our CDing dream.
Love,
JoAnne Wheeler

trisha11
12-27-2008, 08:53 AM
So are you ready to shave your legs yet? lol If you shave them, I'll buy you a spankin' fresh pair on nylons to put on those gorgeous silky legs!!!:cute:

I think that is an offer I can not refuse.......lets make a plan giggles

CDPAUL
12-27-2008, 09:11 AM
no mater how many times i shave my face it still isn't as smooth as my legs

Sara Jessica
12-27-2008, 09:53 AM
Actually I do feel that way sometimes. Usually soon after electrolysis so that I have an unusually smooth face. Shaving , then moisturizing, then applying makeup is so nice at that point!

I do as well, but not so much to the extent Paige so cutely exagerated :)

It used to be like most of us I'm sure, all about shaving the face to create the best canvas I could. But of the blue I went and did the plucking thing and now, I'm not satisfied unless I can pluck the face smooth. Afterwards, I can keep it up for nearly a week but all at once it seems, most of those insidious furs start their march to break the skin's surface and at that point, neither tweezers nor a razor can do a good job in getting them. This whole routine unfortunately goes far to dictate when I can plan outings and even apply makeup at home.

I HOPE I HOPE I HOPE that in 2009 I can actually start an electrolyis routine. I figure I don't need facial hair in guy mode (I can't grow a normal beard or stash to save my life...thank goodness, but I have enough to make quite a mess) and I'll be MUCH HAPPIER not having to deal with the plucking routine any longer.

Gizmo, Debbie
12-27-2008, 10:11 AM
I hate shaving full stop! It would be great if there was a quick and fairly cheap way of getting rid of ALL body hair!.
In saying that? There is something i find slightly theraputic about shaving my legs that i just can't quite put my fingure on??? It's the massageing in the shaving gel then carfully drawing up the razar, trying to avoid the nicks around tricky parts like the knees,.The watching the white lather of the gel and the black hairs comming off and the skin looking all pink and delicate.
Plus there is the face shaving is a guy thing and the legs a girly thing, and me prefering girly.

darla_g
02-02-2009, 12:31 AM
Paige, your comment is funny because all the women i know and can discuss stuff like this with tell me that they don't know why anyone would find leg shaving sexy. I think for CDs its part of the transformation process which i find sexy in itself. To each their own.

A lot of women also tell me that especially in the winter if they are not wearing skirts or dresses they may not bother shaving unless they know they are going to be with someone.

Lainie
02-02-2009, 04:33 AM
When I shave my face, I know the stubble will be back tomorrow. When I nair my legs, I've managed a little sex-change operation that locks me into girlhood for weeks!:o

Joanne f
02-02-2009, 05:36 AM
The difference is that i look in the mirror to shave my face , don`t you :lol:

GnuHu
02-02-2009, 07:21 AM
I finally got rid of everything, but in the old days shaving my face took more of a toll on the skin than shaving my legs. And most people aren't looking at your legs close up when you talk to them.

DAVIDA
02-02-2009, 07:29 AM
Hi Paige!
I do not like shaving at all! I had a beard until five years ago. The thing is, I don't look that great in a dress, even less with a beard.:heehee:
So, I shave. I also shave the other parts of the body. I just "feel" better hairless. So again, I shave.

Carly D.
02-02-2009, 04:39 PM
I shave mostly because pantyhose or tights wear better with shaved legs.. or that's my story.. have you let the hair grow on your legs and worn pantyhose or tights?? also shaving the rest of my body hair: I've never shaved my upper body hair in the winter before but this year I am.. it's a gradual thing to shave that much hair.. I'm gonna be hair free from my waist up her by the end of the month and I'm gonna try to stay that way for the next two or three months.. maybe.. just to see how it feels..

Raya
02-02-2009, 11:59 PM
What did somebody mention, nevermind I plead the 5th...

OK so yeah it is like this -
Shaving the face is merely getting rid of the curse of the beard, for at least a little while. It is a chore, it doesn't feel luxurious or even sexy. The makeup feels sexy well can look that way...

Shaving the legs feels nice but is kind of optional. there are long skirts or dark tights or whatever...

Shaving legs is a luxury, shaving the face is a chore.I couldn't agree more. I think it's basically a matter of routine. When I was 15, shaving my face was the thrill of a lifetime because it was something I finally got to do. After years on end of doing the same thing, it's nothing but a chore. It's something I have to do.

Women aren't too different. For a lot of teenage girls, make-up is a new, exciting way to look beautiful, glamorous, sexy. To a lot of adult women, make-up is a time-consuming, obligatory way to look "presentable". Which one of the two sounds more like us CDers? :)

I think that most of us dress up on a sporadic basis, so it never has time to become routine. That keeps it "special" in our minds for a lot longer. A few of our lucky sisters, though, dress quite regularly, or even full-time. I wouldn't be surprised if their answers were similar to other GGs. :2c:

acdee
02-03-2009, 12:03 AM
I hate shaving my face but somehow shaving my legs relaxes me and makes me feel more comfortable.

marny
02-03-2009, 12:36 AM
To tell you the truth, other than the top of my head ,their isn't a spot on my body that I don't wan't shaved!

DawnRodgers
02-03-2009, 02:14 AM
I feel that a totally hairless body is just, ultimately, so feminine. Haven't had hair anywhere below the neck for over 30 years now. Why shave the legs? Put on a pair of sheer nylons without shaving them. When I first started I wore two pairs of nylons and panty hose over that. I did a good job of hiding the leg hairs but was a bit warm and uncomfortable. Once I shaved my legs and put on a pair of nylons - it looked jusy exquisiye. Haven't had leg, chest, arm or underarm hair since. Epilate it all. Want to look as much like a woman as possible. Don't want any body hair to mar the image.

Michelia
02-03-2009, 02:57 AM
And no matter how close a shave, it will never be GOOD ENOUGH. If I could make my face look like my legs after a shave, maybe I would be ecstatic about how pretty it was too!

Kelsy
02-03-2009, 06:26 AM
Just had a shaving discussion with my wife the other day. We were in a movie -slumdog- and she said that I need to shave I said I know I really should just lazer it off or have electrolosis then i wouldn't have to deal with it anymore. She agreed!:eek:

We talked about body hair ( She likes me to have some hair in the summer but doesn't mind me shaving durring the fall winter spring months and she is especially fond of my stomach hair which she has made me keep year round well I said that I'll let my body hair grow for the summer as long as I get to be totally nude all winter!! She agreed:eek:

The hair on my head is now long enough to put in a pony tail or put up all because She agreed:D

Kelsy

deja true
02-03-2009, 06:17 PM
Hadn't really thought about whether shaving my face was the same kinda thrill as shaving the rest of me, so thought I'd shave with that question in mind and give it a try...

Ya know what? Sometimes it is!

Cassia-Marie
02-03-2009, 06:21 PM
LMFAO!!! You just made my day! Of course, all of my co-workers just asked me what was so funny and headed for my desk to find out. Thanks for nearly outting me!

Emily Anderson
02-03-2009, 07:02 PM

Perhaps it's a habit thing. Men typically have to shave their face every day since puberty, and therefore it doesn't feel special any more. Shaving the legs, on the other hand, is probably not an every day occurrence for those who like to talk about how smooth and silky they feel.

Basically, what I'm saying is that I doubt you will find any CD's on here who shave their legs on a regular basis, and make posts about how special it feels.

Tina P Hose
02-03-2009, 09:52 PM
Shaving face is a chore, shaving legg's is heaven:o

Yvettegrl
02-03-2009, 10:31 PM
What is the difference between shaving your face and shaving your legs?... I don't mean to mock, but when you want to dress you shave your face to look pretty and feminine. But it isn't the same as doing your legs is it? Is it because a beard is strictly a male thing and leg shaving is a female thing? Can anyone enlighten me?Others have made similar replies but, for me, each step toward creating or improving the feminine illusion is exciting.

Shaving my face to go to work is no big deal. But, for me, shaving as the step prior to applying makeup IS different because it's part of creating the illusion.

FWIW,

Yvette

SometimesSiobhan
02-03-2009, 10:39 PM
That is true. I don't have much hair for the 5 or 6 inches above my ankles anymore. Wish it would continue up the whole leg!:sad:

When does this start to happen? I'm looking forward to it. So far my experience has been that the hair has been marching down my legs very thickly and has now got as far as my toes.

Today I shaved my legs for the first time, and needless to say it was a long process. The feeling is wonderful though.

hskrchic
02-03-2009, 10:49 PM
Ok from a gg this may not be the answer you are looking for but....I read recently in Cosmo that a man's skin 70% more sensitive than a womans....which made total sense to me. Because I have never paid much attention to how the material of clothes felt....if I liked it and it looked good on i wore it!!! But my CD bf really likes the way hose or silky material feel....which after some thought I realized he was right they do feel really good on your skin. So to you question/comment about shaving in my opinion that is why males or females for that matter enjoy freshly shavin legs!!

Samantha B L
02-03-2009, 11:10 PM
I epilate my legs and I shave my face. I found a "body hair electric shaver" on amazon.com which I'll probably order one of those soon. I used to epilate my face once in awhile but it leaves a pink burn for awhile and I don't like the idea of scarring and burning my face and having to go to an emergency room. I shave every day with both a rotary electric and cosmetology clippers. I'm thickly bearded with patchy/dry/oily skin.

I actually do shave 2 or 3 times in one day. I'm hoping that eventually I'll be good enough with makeup to cover up that "5 o'clock shadow". It may sound strange to some people but I wish I was born without quite so much body hair and if I could have my choice of female traits you could mark me down for NO facial hair. Don't anybody get me wrong. I'm a happy person.

But here and there we have all have a few little things like that and all in all I wish the hair gremlins hadn't given me quite so much of the Lon Cheney stuff on my legs,chest and face.

Samantha B L

Kelly Greene
02-04-2009, 12:26 AM
First the face:
I started shaving at 11 and it has been an everyday thing since, clothing seldom touches my face save for a sock hat in the winter and I am use to the feeling of a smooth face. It is nothing special.
For the legs:
I started shaving at 45
I have usually have some kind of clothing on my legs and before I shaved them the hair on my legs kept the fabric from touching my skin, even a worm breeze would touch the hair on my legs first and the skin second. Shaving my legs removes that insulating layer of hair and introduces me to a very new feeling now with my legs smooth I feel everything jeans, air, hose, and anything else I put on my lower half it is an entirely new and special feeling . Smooth is one thing I mean it really feels nice and even in my work uniform the physical feeling of having smooth legs makes life a little more enjoyable. Now add Lotion and you have smooth and soft and this is an entirely new feeling and I like it.
So the major difference is that I use to not feeling things on the skin of my legs because of the hair that insulated them form everything and now that I know the difference I prefer the feeling I get from having smooth and soft legs to having legs covered with hair.
Does this help?

Lucypink
02-04-2009, 12:28 AM
Hi Paige:
I hate Shaving, I hate face and body hair. But for me shaving my legs is sexier than face. I have to shave my face daily, and I hate it!
When getting prep for a CD night I love the result of having a hairless body, the softness and the feel of moisturizing my legs and body is awesome!, but the shaving is the bad part of it all. I am thinking of getting a face hair removal, but still investigating which system is best.

paulaluvssz8
02-04-2009, 10:16 AM
This morning while shaveing, I couldn't help to think of this thread and laugh. I do agree, I don't keep my legs shaved but have done it several times. SO doesn't care for it much. So just play as I can. But as for the question why doesn't it do the same for one as the other. I guess it is the mind set that a guy who normally has the status quo hairy legs, is turning off the man side and gearing to the girl side. Which for me is fun...

LisaMcall
02-04-2009, 02:08 PM
When I first started shaving my legs it was very exciting. Exactly why, I never really figured out. Maybe because it was different and kind of taboo. Maybe because it was an outward manifestation of cd'ing. Maybe a little fear of how I would explain it if I were asked. Whatever, ...now after doing it for years it HAS become just like shaving my face. Too bad , I could use a little harmless excitement.

Lisa

deborah84
02-04-2009, 06:08 PM
Well I've just shaved my legs for the first time a few days ago! Have to say it felt very weird having smooth legs, but it made me feel so much more like a girl! Especially once I pulled my tights on :D

I ended up getting a bit carried away and shaved my arms too! This may prove to be an issue as I always wear tshirts, or have my shirt arms rolled up at work. 4 days so far and noone has noticed though...

Debbie

Lara Smith
09-20-2009, 02:30 AM
Shaving your face is something you have no choice but to do boy or girl. It grows more quickly than you can do anything about. Nothing like shaving your body so you can wear pretty, girly things and feel them slide on your smooth body, which is very erotic. Face shaving is just a chore period, man or woman. Nothing sexy about it. Big pain in the ass no matter what. Would love it if it was not something I never had to do ever again, CD or not. I hate shaving my face everyday more than I can tell you.

Elsa Larson
09-20-2009, 04:05 AM
I hate shaving my face - to the point that I wore a full beard from 1991 to 2007. My beard is finally white/gray so when I do shave, I no longer need to do "beard cover" as the first step in a total transformation. Even so, the feeling of sandpaper-face after half a day takes a lot of fun out of crossdressing.

But waxing/plucking the beard is a whole 'nother thing. If I grow my beard long enough to get a good grip on it, I can clear my whole face in less than 2 hours. The FEEL of a silky smooth face for at least a week afterward is HEAVENLY and DEEPLY SATISFYING.

I notice from the boy pix of "sisters" that many grow a beard between their appearances en femme. SO I suspect I'm not the only one who does the waxing/plucking thing.

Dana
09-20-2009, 04:18 AM

Because its just not done!

ts just a soctioal and culutural tabbo!

It us not done!

mklinden2010
09-20-2009, 06:39 AM
>>I don't mean to mock, but when you want to dress you shave your face to look pretty and feminine. But it isn't the same as doing your legs is it? Is it because a beard is strictly a male thing and leg shaving is a female thing? Can anyone enlighten me?

You make an assumption here that everyone reading your question shaves to dress to look pretty and feminine. By now you may have noticed many don't shave their face at all - and some, many more probably, shave neither face OR legs as part of "doing their thing" when they finally get a chance... They just get on with it, and shaving first is just not on their check list.

I shave twice a day because my facial hair is thick and uncomfortable, crossdressing be damned, so long as I keep shaving daily - a cultural/work requirement for many men, and, perhaps even some women.

Facial hair is most troublesome for the first few days it grows. You can feel the root thickening and pushing the skin up and out of the way. This sensation of thousands of pin-pricks is not pleasant. However, if you wait three or four days, that feeling goes away and after a few months, you have your own personal neck muffler. Now, it's somebody else's problem, not yours.

Except that... It's hot, now IT needs to be trimmed, and, some people seem to find grabbing it a handy way to get your attention - which hurts because each hair is still connected to your skin!

Note also that facial hair is packed much more closely together than leg hair. If leg hair was as dense, that feeling of needing to shave after a week or so that you have now would be a hundred times more intense.

Given how poorly it feels to be only a day or so into a growing beard, I do say, "OMG, I just shaved and it feels great!" Such statements are tempered, however, down to a resigned, "Well, great, now I get to do this all over again this afternoon - after I feel it grow all day until it becomes bothersome about five." Yep, the five o'clock shadow... Right on time.

Over all, my feelings about body hair have nothing to do with crossdressing. First, so long as I have to shave, I find it annoying to have to irritate myself twice a day. I would gladly use any cream that would permanently remove it - but for the fact such a cream would probably remove the skin too! Second, it just seems weird to have this forest of hair all over my body. What's it for? What good does it do? It's unsightly, to me, and generally useless.

I've been crossdressing most of my life - and crossdressing has it charms... But, I shave my face and legs mostly because, if I have to shave at all, my body hair feels better and looks better (to me) than not shaving. Keeping it short to me is the same as keeping myself clean. I feel better and I think it's better for me. I can live with it, OK, but I prefer to live without it.

As to all the comments about how sexy it feels, how silky the slips feel, etc... Folks, try wearing these clothes for an entire day, or, an entire week. At some point you will forget you have them on. When women don't "get" how men could get anything out of wearing dresses, etc., it's because they are so used to it - for all sorts of reasons - that they question seriously if what you're doing is about clothes at all. "You can't be serious - it's just clothes!"

Yes, and a station wagon and a sports car are just cars.... And, some places are nice places to visit, but...

Krissie1962
09-20-2009, 02:18 PM
I am vrey happy to say no shaveing .... I am natually nearly 100% hairless on my body .exception my privat area and low maintenance face.a little blond fuzz on my legs is it.pits oh forget them .I grew up waiting for hair on my arms exc.. then came to realize what I allready knew.I was meant to be a girl its so nice not to worry about that,I have seen GGs with way more body hair.and lotion oohh so nice on my legs.I would not trade any of my female atributes "no hair" now for anything.rerguardless the torment I experiencd in the icky boys shower room in school.panty hose no problem,dont like-em much ,I would rather feel my skirt brushing my legs.:)

Jaclyn NM
09-20-2009, 03:24 PM
When you are used to having leg hair between you and your clothing, the sensation of not having it there any more is quite nice, and this sensation is heightened when you put on stockings. If you grow up shaving your legs, I'm sure you don't experience this sensation. I guess the closest a GG could come to this experience, would be to not shave your legs for about a year or so, and then see what it's like to shave again.

linnea
09-20-2009, 07:36 PM
I have begun electrolysis to remove my facial hair because I like the smooth, silky, hair-free look and feel of a smooth face (sans whiskers).

Kerigirl2009
09-20-2009, 07:47 PM
LMAO when you put it this way it does sound funny. here is how I see it for me. when I shave my face I am looking for the smoothest look possible. closecloseclose I don't like the 5 o clock shadow look very manly. Now when I can shave my legs I love how they feel when I slide on a pair of jeans or slide into bed and they just skim across the sheets nothing dragging them down. It is a truly amazing feeling, the difference between hairy legs and smooth legs. The air, the sensitivity to touch the look But I can truly say I dont think I have ever said that out loud however makeup does look better without facial hair and lotions go on nicer without leg hair. But thanks for making me laugh. Keri:)

sherri52
09-20-2009, 07:51 PM
Facial hairs are tougher than leg hairs. When I shave my legs it is a smooth movement. When I shave my face I have to shave in different directions to make sure it is as smooth as I can get it or have a shadow early in the day. The facial hairs grow faster and thicker giving a darker complextion, the legs do not.

Jilmac
09-21-2009, 08:18 AM
Paige, For me, shaving my face was always a huge pain in the butt. I remember using my dad's Norelco shaver when I was around 12. Facial hair wasn't allowed in school then, so shaving was a must for any boys who had more than peach fuzz. I also had terrible acne as a teen and shaving seemed to make my acne worse. After graduation I did a four year hitch in the navy and was required to be clean shaven every day. My acne was still very prevalent and shaving became a drudge. As a closet crossdresser for many years I sported a full beard so I wouldn't have to deal with my acne problem.

Now that I am out as Jill I still find shaving my face tedious but necessary. I'm keeping my legs completely shaved now as well. I enjoy the smoothness after shaving my face and legs but still have occasional problems with zits on my face and chafing on my upper thighs. I do enjoy slipping into a pair of pantyhose with freshly shaved legs, something many GGs take for granted, but now that Jill is out, shaving my face and legs are a necessary evil.

Taylor186
09-21-2009, 11:28 AM
Good point Page. I get it!

Kara Connor
09-21-2009, 11:47 AM
I definitely think that, apart from the appearance, the sensation of air on shaved legs etc. is just fantastic. Plus it just adds to the expression of femininity and makes dressing more enjoyable. Imagine your avatar picture - which is very nice by the way - with a bunch of hair sticking out of your chest and you will see why it is important to many of us!

There is someone on this forum (I can't remember who) who is dressed but sporting a moustache. I'm curious if that is because it is not possible for them to shave it (family, SO or similar), they don't want to shave it and are quite happy being otherwise en femme, or something else. Not criticizing, just curious.

Jessica Who
09-21-2009, 11:49 AM
When my legs are completely smooth from either waxing or shaving, the physical feeling is incredible yet somehow indescribable. Shaving my face feels great as well, but the legs feel so much better. Probably because I don't get to do it as much.:daydreaming:

Kitty Sue
10-15-2009, 10:32 PM

It':thumbup:s true.

Michelle-Leigh
10-15-2009, 10:54 PM
I don't want to shave anymore ! Not face, nor legs or arms, nor underarms or torso...... I don't mind the work but I despise the stubble ! If I could afford it, I'd have all the hair except that which grows on my scalp lased away forever ! Then that GG of a wife of mine could no longer insist on my having a disgusting mustache.... :chained:
I am now accepting donations to this cause... Pleeze PM me if you would like to help me start a "Campaign For A Smoother Michelle" !! :laughing:

My Kingdom For A Mustache-Free Life....:daydreaming:
Michelle-Leigh

PS: The hairy disfigurement comes off of my face this Saturday morning ! Woo-Hoo ! I will no longer have to "weather-vane" my face away from people when topping off my gas tank, and will be free, free, FREE TO ROAM !!!!! T - 21 Hours, 57 minutes, and counting....

PPS: I ain't the one pictured with a full mustache; I keep my lower face out of the camera's view while dressed....

angpai30
10-15-2009, 11:28 PM
Shaving my face is a haneous task because I have to do it every day at least 3 times a day; pretty much I can shave at 7 a.m. and I already have beard shadow at 10 a.m., which for me is a pain in the arse because it means I never really have a clean shaven face even if I try. Shaving my legs on the other hand allows me to have nice shaven legs that feel smooth and sexy, which excites me because I cannot do the same with my face. You have to press harder to shave your face than you do your legs so you get irritation more on your face than legs; so it is more sensational to shave your legs than your face because of the rashes, irritation, and the speed in which facial hair grows is all irritating. Leg hair only grows back every few days, doesn't irritate as much and lotion cures most of the irritation. We don't get rashes on our legs and we can get a nice clean smooth shave on our legs, which is something we cannot do with our faces because we can never really say oh my goodness my face is silky smooth because we all would be lying.

Hannah~~