PDA

View Full Version : Not the clothes

Kelsy
12-18-2008, 01:32 PM
It’s not just about the clothes for me! I am finding that the dressing is not satisfying this intense underlying desire I have. There are times when I feel most desperate. I want to be a woman! it’s a crazy thing. I feel as if I am stuck between two worlds with no hope of escape. Am I alone feeling this? Why is this desire intensifying? Is there any hope or help for me?:sad:

Kelsy

suzypier
12-18-2008, 01:46 PM
Well, take all the actions possible to become one !

Anna the Dub
12-18-2008, 02:07 PM
The clothes are unimportant to me now too. Oh, don't get me wrong, I like nice clothes as much as the next person, but they are relatively insignificant now. What's more important is how I feel about myself and how I want to present to the world, and that is as female. I once identified as CD, now I identify as TS. Perhaps you are on the same path?

Kelsy
12-18-2008, 02:22 PM
The clothes are unimportant to me now too. Oh, don't get me wrong, I like nice clothes as much as the next person, but they are relatively insignificant now. What's more important is how I feel about myself and how I want to present to the world, and that is as female. I once identified as CD, now I identify as TS. Perhaps you are on the same path?

Anna,

There is a progression to my trans-ness and I feel I have never been CD only!!

:hugs:Kelsy

Carole Cross
12-18-2008, 02:42 PM
Personally I have always had a desire to be a woman but I always thought that it would be impossible because of my masculinity. Since browsing through the Internet over the past year and finding this site I have come to the decision that I want to make the transistion.
This feeling has intensified immensly over the past few months so you are not alone in feeling this way. If you really want to be a woman then go for it, I am and I wish I could start tomorrow. I want it so bad its almost unbearable at times.:daydreaming:

tricia_uktv
12-18-2008, 02:48 PM

I agree, but the clothes are still important because they define what we wish to be

RylieCD
12-18-2008, 02:55 PM
Your right it is not just the clothes, But they help. if it was just the clothes then it would be more of a fetish. As some as we know being a CD/TG/TS is not a choice. it is who we are, not something we can turn on or off. SOme have/are trying to live the life we are born with a deal with this one, some have been succesful at combining the two and some have been able to live the one that feels appropriate. The clothes help in expressing the person we feel. Sorry for the rant

almalove
12-18-2008, 03:07 PM
Actualy ,I understand you perffecly, that you don't understand that is, because I myself don't my desare to crossdress, but if you're planning on a chage like that just get as much info as posble good luck.

Alma

Kelsy
12-18-2008, 03:29 PM
Your right it is not just the clothes, But they help. if it was just the clothes then it would be more of a fetish. As some as we know being a CD/TG/TS is not a choice. it is who we are, not something we can turn on or off. SOme have/are trying to live the life we are born with a deal with this one, some have been succesful at combining the two and some have been able to live the one that feels appropriate. The clothes help in expressing the person we feel. Sorry for the rant

Rylie,

So true! this is not something we can just turn on or off but there are times a wish I could. I feel torn wanting and knowing that I should be female but alas I am male. I have great admiration for those who have and are in the process of transitioning it is something that takes great courage, the kind of courage I'm not sure I have!!

Kelsy

suzypier
12-18-2008, 05:01 PM
Rylie,

So true! this is not something we can just turn on or off but there are times a wish I could. I feel torn wanting and knowing that I should be female but alas I am male. I have great admiration for those who have and are in the process of transitioning it is something that takes great courage, the kind of courage I'm not sure I have!!

Kelsy

Well. if you really want to become a woman, something will have to be remove and something will have to be add. At one point it will be no way back. Are you ready for it ? If you really want you will have to do it.

Sophie_C
12-18-2008, 09:57 PM
It’s not just about the clothes for me! I am finding that the dressing is not satisfying this intense underlying desire I have. There are times when I feel most desperate. I want to be a woman! it’s a crazy thing. I feel as if I am stuck between two worlds with no hope of escape. Am I alone feeling this? Why is this desire intensifying? Is there any hope or help for me?:sad:

Kelsy

I suppose I can relate somewhat, although I see myself as strongly female-leaning on a scale of male to female. It's not something I "want." It's something I am. I don't feel any sort of desire to change that. It's naturally where I find myself.

But, I do agree, the clothes don't matter. That's why I'm not much about that here. I know what I would wear 24/7 if things were different, and am far more comfortable wearing them, but I don't get a kick out of the clothes themselves. To tell you the truth, other than a tiny period when I was a teen, I never did.

Not that anything is wrong with that, either - but on this subject I can relate (at least in that respect).

Edyta_C
12-18-2008, 10:37 PM
While I had many questions about where I was going, I finally found myself. If you really feel that way, you should probably explore finding a TG/TS friendly therapist. Find out what path you need to take. Then when you are sure, go down that path as you are able. The sisters here will all root for you and support you.

Hugs Edy

sybercom11
12-31-2008, 11:32 AM

Kelsy

I've been reading your posts and we think a lot alike! I too feel that I am stuck between two worlds. I have dreamed of being a girl, then a woman, ever since I was a teen. (When I was younger than that I did not know what was going on.)

But circumstances have always prevented the realization of that dream. And not all of those circumstances have been bad either.

The main thing, like many of us here, is that I have a wonderful and supporting wife and wonderful kids that I would not want to lose. Also, a job I have always wanted to do and super friends.

I have read stories about transsexuals who have lost all of that and they are so sad. But they needed to be a woman so badly that they were willing to risk sacrificing all that. This feminine feeling inside me is very strong, but I guess I never quite reached that point.

So, as Kelsy says, some of us are definitely stuck in two worlds.

Karren H
12-31-2008, 11:48 AM
Yeah... Your right it isn't just the clothes.... Its the shoes and the makeup and the hair and the jewelry and the accessories!! :). Just call me shallow!!

JoAnne Wheeler
12-31-2008, 11:55 AM
The clothes are part of it, but the feeling I get when JoAnne is here is the most peaceful complete time of my life.
Love.
JoAnne Wheeler

Holly
12-31-2008, 12:00 PM
It’s not just about the clothes for me...I agree, it is not just the clothes. Clothing no more makes a person a woman, than a uniform makes a person a soldier. Clothing (at least in our society) is a method we use to communicate who we believe ourselves to be... a pharmacist wears a lab coat, a construction worker, steel-toed shoes, and so on. I wear feminine clothing to communicate non-verbally, that I see myself as a woman... hopefully those I encounter will see me the same way. But even if they don't, it makes no difference as to how I feel about myself. Ask any woman if she feels any less herself wearing jeans and a tee-shirt instead of a well tailored dress and heels. Cross dressing, for many of us, is nothing more than an outward manifestation of who we know ourselves to be. Kelsy, give yourself permission to be the gender you know yourself to be... as you have already discovered, the clothing, in and of itself has little to do with how you see yourself. Be the woman you are!

docrobbysherry
12-31-2008, 12:09 PM
I became interested in dressing about 10 years ago. At that time, I was MORE interested in looking and feeling like woman! I took herb pills, and used creams, for about a year, to grow breasts. :eek:

After a time, those desires passed. I came to where I am now. Interested only in creating the illusion of being a women! :brolleyes:
I guess now, I'm trying to become Karen!:heehee: ( I mean that in the BEST WAY, Karen:hugs:).

Kelsy
12-31-2008, 12:14 PM
Yeah... Your right it isn't just the clothes.... Its the shoes and the makeup and the hair and the jewelry and the accessories!! :). Just call me shallow!!

LMAO!!! Karen your the best!!:D

Thanks all for the support!! :hugs: Kelsy

Melinda G
12-31-2008, 01:08 PM
Yeah... Your right it isn't just the clothes.... Its the shoes and the makeup and the hair and the jewelry and the accessories!! . Just call me shallow!!

Heh heh heh. She gets it. :D

Seriously though, when they remove the jewels, and the hormones that they produced, your whole outlook, and attitude will change. And there is really no way of knowing how much your thinking is hormone driven, until they are gone.

TGMarla
12-31-2008, 05:36 PM
I very often feel the same way, Kelsy, but probably to a lesser extent. I believe I'd rather have been a woman in this life, but I'm resigned to my manhood, and I'm not going to be unhappy about it. Life is too short and complicated enough already without trying to balance an overwhelming sense of desperation on top of it all. SRS is not a path I choose to take, although it has been the correct path for many. I wish you well in this coming new year, and I hope you arrive at some answers that you are happy living with.

And I still like the clothes a whole lot! :D

Hali
12-31-2008, 06:22 PM
its definitely not only the clothes.........i want it all; the femme looks, the mannerisms.......i want to be adored and admired..........i want both women and men to find me attractive...i like to arch my back sometimes knowing fully well men will like it......... i like flirting like a GG, wen i go out dressed sometimes with my girlfriend she always comment or warn me on how am cheapen myself wen i see men i do that by walking differently and bending my neck too much and other crazy femme stuff.

SherriePall
12-31-2008, 06:28 PM
I couldn't say it any better than Marla just did. While I am resigned to my present condition, I can dream. Kelsy, I, too, wish you the best in the coming year and may we all find a spot along the continuum where we are content and happy.

jillleanne
12-31-2008, 08:44 PM
And hence, my reasoning for doing away with the 'labels' we and society continue to place on ourselves. A 'crossdresser' is a moment in time, maybe for some a lifetime, for others, a blink of the eye. We are all gender enhanced or transgendered period, whichever you prefer, for life. Now that removes the confusion about who we are, the next issue is how do I achieve total happiness with who I am? Simple, by being who you are.