PDA

View Full Version : the answer was so simple

JC
12-18-2008, 07:50 PM
last night, i stated that i needed to remove the polish from my toenails. the wife asked why.... i sid that i was going to meet the brother in law friday and Saturday for deer hunting. we are to spend the night camping.

teh wife said ... just don't change socks in front of him. and to be sure that i wear my big boy sock ... meaing no trouser socks.

end of subject.

no wonder i love her

Jamie001
12-19-2008, 02:55 AM
Why just not worry about showing him your painted toenails? There are a lot of guys wearing painted toenails now a days like UFC champions and athletes. Google search this and see. It is not a big deal... just like earrings.

last night, i stated that i needed to remove the polish from my toenails. the wife asked why.... i sid that i was going to meet the brother in law friday and Saturday for deer hunting. we are to spend the night camping.

teh wife said ... just don't change socks in front of him. and to be sure that i wear my big boy sock ... meaing no trouser socks.

end of subject.

no wonder i love her

DonnaT
12-19-2008, 05:25 PM
Cool.

Be safe out there. don't let the toes distract your thinking.

Karren H
12-19-2008, 05:32 PM
I'd paint them and your finger nails blaze orange... Just so another hunter doesn't mistake you for a deer.. I'm mean a doe!! Lol.

Teri Jean
12-20-2008, 05:25 PM
Karen, Karen, but if she a white tail that is not enough blaze orange. Giggles. Really though the wife is right, just don't change your socks in front of anyone. Another one is when I hunt or out fishing where I need to beable to change wet socks, I wear a black set of nylon dress socks under the wool ones and then the feet are still covered. Plus it also wicks the moisture away from the skin and protcts from the scratchy wool. Keli

StacyCD
12-20-2008, 06:22 PM
Depending on the person, seeing your painted nails may raise some questions that you'd rather not answer. Sure athletes and models may be wearing polish on their toes but Joe the electrician probably does not. I guess I'm with your wife, just don't change your socks in front of the guys. Be safe.

SexyLatexSamantha
12-20-2008, 06:28 PM
I work in a warehouse and my toe nails are painted. My g/f loves it. I also know a few guys in construction and on road crews that paint their toes. I guess I am saying, that it is more common than one would think. So, don't be ashamed.

CD Susan
12-20-2008, 06:44 PM
I have my toenails painted bright red almost all the time. I go to see a podiatrist for a foot problem and he has seen my red toenails several times. He has never commented on it. Of course he is not a close friend like your hunting buddies, just be discreet about it and they will never know.

Jenna1561
12-20-2008, 11:11 PM
JC,

Your wife is absolutely right. I have camped dozens of times with "manly" friends and a few rednecks, I just kept my socks on til I was in my rack/tent/ sleeping bag. Same with wool tights - nice and warm and what a great feeling just knowing they were on.

Jenna

JC
12-20-2008, 11:34 PM
she is trying to get mr to not worry about the small things.... to also find a work around to havign the 2 sides......

jc

JoAnne Wheeler
12-29-2008, 03:23 PM
GOOD WIFE - my spouse is fairly accepting with some boundaries - I do not believe that she would have advised me to just leave the polish on my toenails.

Your wife is a real keeper.

Cherish her,

JoAnne Wheeler

trisha59
12-29-2008, 03:45 PM
Its a deer camp right. Who changes socks at deer camp.:devil: