PDA

View Full Version : What shall I do......?

Lesley Ann
12-18-2008, 09:43 PM
I have just come home from a Christmas Party of a theatrical club that I am a member of, and I have been invited to take part in their new year party as Lesley! One of the members who I have known for many years (he would get upset if I said the word 'drag') in fact when I was producing shows I booked him to top the bill two years ago in Ibiza, a fantastic act. Some time ago I 'confessed' that I was a CD'er to him,and showed him my photographs as Lesley (actually my SO showed him the photo's) Well kill a long story, I have been asked to perform in this show, not as Graham, but as Lesley, my SO is all for me doing it, and I want to, BUT this would mean I would come out to the entire membership. My SO said that if I decide to do the show, I must arrive at the club as Lesley and afterwords leave as Lesley. As I write this to you, I really wish to, BUT? I think I know what I shall do, but I would like your support.
With all my love,
Lesley Ann.

Sedona
12-18-2008, 09:51 PM
It's a theater, you're an actor, consider it acting. IMO, you don't have anything to worry about. Even after your performance, I don't think a lot of people will consider you a CDer, even afterwards. And, even if they do, remember, you're just acting right? :heehee:

catriona36
12-18-2008, 09:52 PM
its theater..
they all dress up once in a while. go for it :)
you have the support of a wonderfull woman, what else do you need.
have fun :)
cat

Edyta_C
12-18-2008, 10:51 PM
I would try to gather the courage to do it if presented the chance! Go for it Lesley Ann.

Edy

CD_DIANE
12-19-2008, 02:21 AM
As long as your SO doesn't have a "problem" with it, GO FOR IT ! It's a sacrifice you have to make for the sake of theater.

Diane

Teddie
12-19-2008, 05:52 AM
Go for it. My wife was in the theatre and she's very accepting of my CD'ing. We both feel that theatre people are accepting of different life styles.

Amanda Shaft
12-19-2008, 05:56 AM
It sounds a great chance to get out there and be 'you'! I'd do it and enjoy the whole experience, you go for it girl.
Amanda x

Christie ann
12-19-2008, 09:41 AM
Sounds like a great time. Have lots of fun and take some pictures. I am jealous.

Angie G
12-19-2008, 10:59 AM
Would doing this bring a hardship on you And would that be more then the opportunity is worth if not then go for it. Hell it may be really fun Lesley.:hugs:
Angie

Ashley_1962
12-19-2008, 10:59 AM
go for it.. and have fun!!

docrobbysherry
12-19-2008, 11:11 AM
At any time, we can make the decision to be someone different! As many of here choose to do quite often!:)

If u think of this opportunity as just another acting assignment, you should have no problems! U r to perform a part as "Lesley". Just do it as u think she would do it!:heehee:

Have fun and, "Break a leg"!:D

cindym5_04
12-19-2008, 11:12 AM
Go for it. Towards anyone else, it will look like theater, just like the other girls said. Just think of how many other actors or performers have dressed as females for tv/movies, etc. Aside from everyone being entertained, even Justin Timberlake wore a leotard and heels on Saturday Night Live!

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2089603/justin_timberlake_single_lady/

Annaliese
12-19-2008, 11:18 AM
It there was any group to come out to that would be the one. Go for it.

lauraabdl
12-19-2008, 11:19 AM
JUST go for it girl. With an approving SO why would you care it's theater for heaven sakes.:doh::heehee:
Laura

Mary Morgan
12-19-2008, 02:15 PM
OMG, your wife knows and is supportive, your friend knows and is supportive, you want to do it, but... , nah, stay home and spend the rest of your life wishing you had. Kidding of course. As they say in the Nike commercials, Just Do It!

pamela_a
12-19-2008, 02:20 PM
Go for it girl. If you don't I'm confident you will regret it. With a supportive wife and friend how can you go wrong? Do it and have fun....besides, it's just theater.

-Paula-

deja true
12-19-2008, 02:28 PM
Hunny, why are you even asking?

You were supposed to just do it and then...

show us the pictures!

:D

Hali
12-19-2008, 02:41 PM
This is an opportunity for u to see/know how pple will react to ur femme side e.g. whether they'll find it disgusting, pleasing or not.
Despite the fact that u might get a different reaction from dressing for a play and by saying u r actually a CD. This is a golden opportunity to shine.

DonnaT
12-19-2008, 04:28 PM
my SO is all for me doing it, . . . My SO said that if I decide to do the show, I must arrive at the club as Lesley and afterwords leave as Lesley.

I'm with your wife on this one.

And, as it's an "act", then there's no actual outing. Some may wonder, but so what, the world will keep turning.

Besides, being out can be a good thing. Like more opportunities, etc.

suchacutie
12-19-2008, 05:37 PM
This is an acting challenge. You happen to be more up to the challenge than most, but who has to know that if you don't want them to? This is a role you have taken on, and when you do well you can just say that. You can also make it clear just how delighted you are to have succeeded in the role!

After that no one will question her presence in the slightest!

imho

tina

LisaElizabeth
12-19-2008, 05:41 PM
Heck, I live in a small town and I'd go as Lisa if asked!!!
So-o-o-o-o go ahead, shave those legs and arms and party!!!
Just my opinion!!
Lisa Elizabeth

JenniferR771
12-19-2008, 05:54 PM
Sure, you are nervous about this and all the people, Lesley. I would be scared to death. So...maybe your wife would let you arrive the first rehearsal as androgynous, slacks and blue top, inconspicuous shoes. I think after the first time it will be easy. I am sure you wife would never pressure you--right?

mklinden2010
12-19-2008, 05:59 PM
Sounds like you've been properly selected to do something you enjoy and do well.

Great.

Rise to the occasion and enjoy your event.

Life should be this good all the time!

SusanMarie
12-19-2008, 07:19 PM
Go for it.
It is hard to step out of the closet, but once out, it is so much fun.

CD Susan
12-19-2008, 07:42 PM
I see this as a great opportunity to be yourself and not be questioned on it. After all you are putting on an act for the audience and you have your wife's encouragement so by all means go for it.

Sally2005
12-20-2008, 01:34 AM
Don't do it. So I can take your place. It sounds like a great experience and you have a perfect excuse to anyone who asks. Going and leaving enfem is fine as you need to get in to character and how better to build the character by doing some other daily outings enfem too!

Samantha Kelsey
12-20-2008, 02:54 AM
Go for it girl. But why do you have to Arrive in girl mode. Surely they have a changing room. Last year I did a disco/karaoke gig at a friends party. There were about 50 people there most of who I know but they didn't know about me. It was a fancy dress so I went as a regular DJ. Everyone thought I was boring until I disappeared to change into Cher and mimed to a few tracks. I didn't bother to change back. At first no one knew it was me. When they did some thought it was fancy dress but others spotted it was different. What a night!
Enjoy yours.

MarciManseau
12-20-2008, 10:11 AM
Get out your sexiest bra and panties, some silky stockings, ****ty heels and go for it! You know you really want to, so do it and wow them all :)

Umm, wear a dress too! :devil:

Hugs, Marci :hugs:

TGMarla
12-20-2008, 10:15 AM
Theater types are a lot more tolerant of alternative lifestyle peoples like us. They tend to have a lot more gay and lesbian people in their midst, and probably would not think poorly of you as a crossdresser. If you have to come out to any group, a group of theater actors is probably the best you can get. I'd say this to you: an opportunity like this likely only comes along once in a lifetime. You might want to run with it, or you will come to regret it later in life. I'd say go for it.

Elizabeth2-
12-20-2008, 11:28 AM
There is some overwhelming reason, job, faith, kids; that would over-ride this ONCE IN A LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY to embark on being the real you.

If I only had the chance. Let's see. Hmm...what to wear; what to wear.

LOL,

Liz

JoAnne Wheeler
12-29-2008, 04:03 PM
You actually mean there a choice here ???? Just do it !!!!

Love,

JoAnne Wheeler

carolynhcd
12-29-2008, 04:52 PM
Oh, stop being a big girl's blouse and get on with your life as lovely Lesley!

KarenS
12-29-2008, 05:26 PM
What an opportunity ! I have had some people say I'm a BAD actor - (no reference to theater). But, I would love that kind of opportunity to come out. And, your SO and friend are so supportive and encouraging.

Makes me think about taking on another hobby.

Carly D.
12-29-2008, 06:13 PM
I think as everyone else here does.. go for it!!! I think it would be massive fun.. and whatever reserve you have about it I think the arts are the easiest of ways to have an excuse for cross dressing.. if anything tell them you're researching a roll and wanted to wear for twenty four hours including this party which gives you the opportunity to look and feel good.. or tell them this is you.. you are she and she is you and you intertwine and live as one.. or something like that...

Carin
12-29-2008, 07:03 PM
Some stand behind a closed door, wondering what is on the other side. And there they stand.

Some have the door opened for them. Walk through my friend. You will never look back.

Samantha43
12-29-2008, 07:09 PM
Your SO is in, so I would say go for it!

Can I come too?