PDA

View Full Version : caught with camisole

helenr
12-18-2008, 09:58 PM
I have skin cancer and will need radiation of my left upper eyelid-not going to be fun. Today I had a special radiation 'mask' formed which is involved in the daily radiation for some 6 weeks. While getting me ready for the mask, the lady doing this had me lie down, and started to unbutton my shirt for clearance for the mask,etc. I didn't anticipate this and had on my regular 'undershirt' , today it was a white nylon camisole with pretty princess straps and a cute bow in the front V. I could sense her surprise, then indifference , when she clearly saw the cute bow come into view. I sighed, just one more of life's many embarassing moments as a closet TV. I am sure no discussion will result, she may wonder,but what the heck, here is someone with serious cancer, what is so important about underwear.
wonder if others have had similar small embarassments? helen

Edyta_C
12-18-2008, 10:33 PM
I had a wife die from cancer treatment. I'll say a prayer for you. I understand your feelings, I think. Most medical professionals have seen it all. The Nurse and Physician's Assistant at my cardiologist have seen my hairless chest and the lace top of my panties. No reaction or remarks. So I would think maybe the person is still young in the practice. I wish all the best and good luck.

Hugs Edy

TGMarla
12-18-2008, 10:35 PM
This would be one example of why I don't underdress. Remember when you were young, and your mother told you to be sure you wore clean underwear in case you got into an accident and needed to go to the hospital. You wouldn't want the doctor to see you in dirty underwear.....

That's how I feel about underdressing, so I don't do it.

catriona36
12-19-2008, 05:37 AM
Remember when you were young, and your mother told you to be sure you wore clean underwear in case you got into an accident and needed to go to the hospital. You wouldn't want the doctor to see you in dirty underwear...

the way i see it if i have clean underwear on and get hit by a car or what ever, they will NOT be clean for long :eek:

Sara Jessica
12-19-2008, 07:08 AM
I wish you the best in the treatment you are about to endure. It kind of brings things into perspective, like does it matter in the least bit what kind of underwear you have on? Be yourself within the parameters of your comfort level and you'll have one less thing to worry about.

RobynB
12-19-2008, 07:25 AM
Good luck in your cancer treatment. Don't worry about anything else.

cosmolovesph
12-19-2008, 07:41 AM
the way i see it if i have clean underwear on and get hit by a car or what ever, they will NOT be clean for long :eek:

Ain't that the truth, most medical professionals have seen it all, try not to let this both you too much!

Alice Torn
12-19-2008, 08:50 AM
Hoping the treatment helps, is success. I have only wore pantyhose under male clothes, whrn it has been frigid out.

Tomara
12-19-2008, 09:56 AM
I wish you good luck with your treatments and a speedy recovery.
And I wouldn`t worry about what you are wearing , I think most professionals are more interested in your well being than your choice of underwear.
Good Luck !
Tomara

lauraabdl
12-19-2008, 10:04 AM
I agree with Tomara cd, best wishes and good luck. Wear what you want whos it hurting?
Laura

Angie G
12-19-2008, 10:15 AM
Not as of yet hun but before my wife knew She almost busted me a few times. :hugs:
Angie

Mean Green Irene
12-19-2008, 11:09 AM
Hi Helen

I pray that the treatment works.

But I bet you were a little excited by the discovery of your camisole.

With my Prayers, Irene

cindym5_04
12-19-2008, 11:18 AM
Good luck with your treatment. I have a special place in my heart for anyone going in for cancer treatments- my father died of brain cancer.

Annaliese
12-19-2008, 11:28 AM
Good luck with the treatments, as far as the camisole for get about it. I am 55 and the older I get the less I care about what people think.

Hugs from Annaliese

2b.Lauren
12-19-2008, 01:48 PM
First I want to say I wish you all the best with the treatment you have ahead of you. I will say prayers for you and send a warm hug in your direction.

I think that for the most part medical staff are usually most professional in these areas. I can bet there is not much that doctors, nurses, or even tech's like this one has not seen from others, and maybe even more shocking than what you were wearing or doing. I used to work in emergency rooms in my younger days when I was training as a paramedic. We used to see some very very strange things coming into the ER after midnight when people really start letting their hair down. So go easy on yourself. Wear what you want to and are most comfortable in, and enjoy who you are. During those appointments you should be as comfortable as you want to. They have a job and will go about it. My wife works at the same practice with our medical doctor. I very rarely show up there underdressed. I would not want the risk of one of the nurses, her friends, to see me underdressed and to tell her.

Lauren

Marjory
12-19-2008, 02:04 PM
Best of luck on your treatment. My wife was just diagnosed with malignant melanoma.
I was a paramedic for a few years in NJ. Believe me, medical people do not care about what you are wearing nor will they say anything to anyone.

DonnaT
12-19-2008, 04:47 PM
I am sure no discussion will result, she may wonder,but what the heck, here is someone with serious cancer, what is so important about underwear.
wonder if others have had similar small embarassments? helen
Best wishes, Helen.

I almost had a similar experience with my dermatologist. I had a spot on my belly that need biopsying, and made several trips to his office to be checked over.

None of them resulted in by being asked to fully disrobe, so wearing panties didn't seem to be a problem. Until the last visit. The nurse asked me to disrobe and put on a gown.

I acted like I didn't hear right, and left my pants on. Nothing to see here, just move on. ;)

Kyttens pet
12-19-2008, 05:06 PM
Best of luck with the treatment...

A few years back, i was having abdominal surgery and was schedule to see my surgeon for a pre-op appt on the first day of our honeymoon. At the time i was, to my wifes full knowledge, wearing panties and thongs, and this day i happen to be wearing a bring red thong. Obviously without thinking of what else we had to do that day.
So we are at the appt, and he says 'well, drop your pants and lets see the hernia' and as i opened them, my wife and i looked at each other. Honestly though, i had no problem with him seeing it, it was just a shock when i realized what was about to happen.
He kinda looked at my wife with a grin on his face and she said "its his honeymoon thong, give him a break." So every appt after that he asked was i wearing a 'honeymoon thong' that day?

Funny, but it didnt faze him in the slightest... medical professionals dont care, imho.

pet

Joanne Curl
12-19-2008, 08:08 PM
My situation isn't nearly as serious as yours but I just outed myself too! I've been having problems with my back and had to go to the doctor for an epidural. I never thought about what I was wearing until they told me to lie down on the table and pull down my pants. Of course I just happen to be wearing the prettiest panties I own. Oh well! My back hurt so much I really didn't care what they saw.
Joanne

beenherelongtime
12-19-2008, 08:43 PM
you have more to think about then what this person saw. and from what you wrote, after the initial reaction it was business as usual. you might have enlightene another person. good luck with your procedure and i hope everything is all right.

helenr
12-19-2008, 11:58 PM
Thanks so much for the kind encouragements. I was in a predicament-on a table, held in place for this unusual CT scan-a warm damp cloth feeling item was laid over my face and it took the shape of my head-had to stay still for 5 minutes while it hardened and scans were made. I have great difficulty staying still. But I managed--the 3 MRI that took 90 minutes just about did me in!
though I sensed what was to be when she unbuttoned my shirt for clearance, our eyes met for a moment as she slightly reacted to my camisole-glad it wasn't my lacy one!- I am sure she didn't care, though clearly it wasn't the typical Fruit of the Loom or whatever she might expect! This Radiology Lab is headed by a very sweet, clearly gay man. He is a very caring individual and there is some irony that my doctor should do not be 'normal' (great book by that name-a good read). He caught me off guard on the initial exam when he reached down to feel my ankles for swelling and surely he detected my pantyhose I wear daily. Again, I inwardly sigh and don't care about this small stuff. Like most of you, I have beaten myself up so many years over the irressistable urge to crossdress-to be on the pink team-that I have just given into it. My wife is much more sympathetic now-doesn't care that I wear Silk Reflections daily. It isn't erotic anymore, just what I feel I should wear. Ironic that this really mean cancer (Merkel Cell Carcinoma) should bring us together. A small sty like growth turned into a serious villian and I so hope the radiation can fry it to oblivion-on my left upper eyelid-can you imagine a worse site! Maybe there is a reason for how things go in life. A weakened immune system, maybe 60+ years of stress and guilt have caught up with me. hugs to all of you. helen

SANDRA MICHELLE
12-20-2008, 09:39 AM
It puts things in perspective, what diff. does it make what you were wearing. By the way, my wife had skin cancer under her left eye and everything worked out just great, I am praying for the same outcome for you.

melissaK
12-20-2008, 09:50 AM
Hmm. Sorry about the eye and all that. Getting outted and learning the world doesn't end over it, its kinda self affirming - cathartic.

And are you gonna get to wear an eye patch for awhile? Ahoy Lady pirate!!

Hugs,
'lissa

CharlotteW
12-20-2008, 02:48 PM
Good luck with the treatment.

I remember being asked by medical staff about my choice of underwear, I didn't get the chance to answer, a nurse answered on my behalf saying "that's a thong!" I didn't feel bothered about it at all. I need to get my foot xrayed soon and I'm wondering whether to bother hiding my stockings (ie not wear them for the appointment).

CD Susan
12-20-2008, 08:59 PM
Helen, I wish you the best with your treatments and hope you have a speedy recovery. Those in the medical profession have seen it all before. There is no need to worry about wearing fem things under your guy clothes around these people. They are professsionals and are trained to overlook these kinds of things and concentrate on your medical condition. I have been wearing panties to my doctors office visits for the past 40 years and have never recieved any comment about what I am wearing. I even go to see my podiatrist with red nail polish on my toenails. He has never commented on it. this is nothing to worry about so don't give it another thought. Good luck with your treatments, my thoughts are with you.

Tootsye
12-20-2008, 09:48 PM
Helen,
Good luck with the treatment. I have had a squamus cell carcinoma on the top of my left ear, and a basel cell carcinoma on the tip of my nose. Both worked out well. My nose is a little smaller on the tip now, perhaps more femme? <g>
I told my doctor that I was a cross dresser about four years ago. He has now seen my panties and my painted toe nails. The only thing he has ever said to me about my cross dressing, is that I should not wear my waist cincher too tight! <g>
If my wife did not go to the same medical group, I would go for my annual physicals in full presentation! But,. she is not comfortable with me doing that!
Tootsye

JenniferR771
12-20-2008, 10:49 PM
Best wishes for your treatment. My wife outed me to my doctor. But no problem. I actually told my urologist and my oral surgeon myself. (He burned a suspicious area off my tongue when the biopsy came back bad). Doctors are professionals--they cannot talk about their patients. They see a lot of underwear.

helenr
12-21-2008, 12:07 AM
thanks for the added positive wishes. I am greatly relieved the surgeon's scalpul will remain in the sheath and we will be using radiation only. Surely, not any picnic to have my eyelid irradiated--I wear a special contact lens and what looks like a small metal protective cap over my pupil. Surely will take more time to set up than the actual zapping. I guess by the 3rd day, I will have the hang of it. thanks, Helen

docrobbysherry
12-21-2008, 01:35 AM
Basil cell cancer the size of a dime on the side of my nose. Radiation treatments daily for 6 weeks. Hospital about 20 miles away. After awhile, we got into a routine. I was in and out in about 10 to 15 minutes.

Apparently, it worked on me. I hope it works out for u, too!

Can't think of anything funny to say about cancer! Lost too many friends to it, to make jokes!:Angry3:

Lana_CD
12-21-2008, 06:46 AM
I too have severe pre cancerous leisions all over my face, ears, neck, shoulders and back from too many years in the sun before we realized how dangerous it was and before sunscreen.

My dermatologists have been just freezing them and for the more stubborn ones, a topical chemo cream I apply 1 time per day for about 2 weeks. It creats some ugly sores for a few days bt then clears up. I have had a few surgically removed and biopsied and found to be more invasive and they had to cut further. The dermatologist jokingly told me I was getting a free facelift out of the deal.

So far all my leisions have been either basal cell or squamis cell carcinomas.

All my drs know I cd and have no problem with me coming in fully underdressed for any proceedures.

Lana

Deanna2
12-21-2008, 07:20 AM
I'm gonna get busted every time. My camis are usually lacy ones.

helenr
12-21-2008, 08:44 PM
So many nice comments, and surprising how much other cancer out there. I am sure we all read that it now is the leading killer, though I hesitate to dwell on that aspect! No pirate's patch--just a rather sore upper eyelid after some treatments, I am sure. I hope the vicious cancer will be broiled off fast and that will be very calming,in itself.
On a more profound level, I do wonder if the stress that being who and what I am for nearly 62 years hasn't taken its toll on my health. I know everyone reading this can relate. One can philosophize and try to keep matters in perspective, but it is hard to lose the reality that I have my mainspring wound backwards.
Sad to say due to the implication, but in some small sense, if things don't work out with this MCC, I would welcome another shot at being the correct gender/mind the next time around, if there is one. Serve me right if it a poor black woman in Africa or some Saudi woman with their miserable human rights. best, helen

Cary
12-21-2008, 10:48 PM
Helenr

I just wanted to say good luck with the treatment. Please stay strong! Keep doing what makes you happy. I lost my mother(Helen) to cancer in 95. I'll keep you in my thoughts. As for being caught, knock on wood not yet.

Cary

helenr
12-22-2008, 11:16 PM
Hi, today was special. I had special radioactive isotope injected in my eyelid-little ouch!- and then the spread of it told the MDs where the lymph field that drains the eyelid is located. It was marked on my cheek, and sweet Teddi again put me on the machine to take yet another CT scan for purposes of mapping where the beams of light go.
I must feel confidence with her-today it was a pink camisole with the little bow.She is very sweet and clearly isn't phased by this private crossdressing. I won't be so silly as to say she approves or likes this, but clearly she isn't repulsed. I guess as so many post, medical folks are more shocked by nasty cancer than ladies' nylon underwear on a male. Helenr

Marla
12-23-2008, 02:47 PM
I wish the best for you in your treatments,and will say a prayer for you.

But I think its a damn shame that we have to worry about something that shouldn't mean a thing to anyone except us!

helenr
12-26-2008, 12:18 AM
Marla, I have spent my entire life concerned about my crossdressing. Sometimes I think death would be a form of relief from this concern. It isn't serious mental illness, just the secrecy thing. I am sure you know what I mean. best, helen

JOJO44
12-26-2008, 01:09 AM
I just read the whole post, Helen, I understand your situation. I drove to the hospital en femme in a snow storm (six hours worth) and in a panic changed a couple miles out of town so that the doctor (a lady) would not see me.
I hope your medical treatment resolves your problem and that you live a long and relaxed life without the undue worries of being a cd.
Please accept my sincerest wishes and prayers for your full and complete recovery.
Love,
from another worrier
Jo :hugs:

chelle
12-26-2008, 04:04 AM
I was in the hospital twice last year to have carpel tunnel surgery on each wrist. While in prep the nurse both times told me that if I was wearing cotton panties I could leave them on for the surgery. Wonder if she had an idea that I usually wore panties?
Chelle

JoAnne Wheeler
12-26-2008, 09:22 AM
Never caghy with wearing a camisole, but have had close calls.
JoAnne Wheeler