PDA

View Full Version : Victim of success

Dragster
06-08-2005, 07:15 PM
Has anyone else noticed that the number of new threads and posts on M2F has increased dramatically? When I joined as little ago as April, I read everything everyone posted, and replied to many. Like many others, I found somewhere which could answer a lot of questions for me, I was addicted to the happiness and friendship I found here and I didn't want to miss a single thing, even though it took up to a couple of hours each day. Recently I found that after 24 hours away, I needed to get well into page 2 before I could pick up where I left off, and I had nowhere near enough time to do more than scan a few selected threads in the free hour or so I can get after my wife has gone to bed. Today, I see my thread from last night "We're all negligent" is now on page 3 after 24 hours! It's great that there are so many others out there who have found this forum a great place to be, but we're in danger of becoming a victim of our own success, and I do realise that the job of our excellent moderators must be getting exceptionally onerous. I don't offer any solutions, and I know I'm only adding to the burden with this thread, but I would hate to see this forum implode due to sheer weight of input. Does anyone else see this as a problem, or am I being a Cassandra? And is there a solution which still leaves us the freedom to give and ask for answers to the questions which have been bugging our and our siser's lives?

Doom, Doom I say, Doom!!!

Tony

Nicole_Lasmedias
06-08-2005, 07:35 PM
that is what I love about this forum... It is alive! And not boring! Great people are here!

paulaN
06-08-2005, 07:52 PM
do be so negitive, if it blows up, we'll just pick up the peices and start again.

Sigrid
06-08-2005, 08:09 PM
Yeah, this is the second thread started this week on this subject... :rolleyes:

It could happen that it just becomes so confusing that many (mostly newer) members will become frustrated and leave (or won't join) and the number of new threads will start to decline. Those who really care will stick around though... just hang out in their favorite forums and post on the few threads which they find truly novel and interesting.

~Sigrid

Daniel
06-08-2005, 09:07 PM
I guess the beauty of this is the fast responses. If something is really bothering me, I'll get a reply pretty quick. The other forum I'm at is pretty slow.

uknowhoo
06-08-2005, 10:56 PM
Hmmm...Cassandra sure is a pretty name!

norbie
06-09-2005, 02:09 AM
Hi Tony,
It will be as Dear Sigrid said I think but in the meantime I have a little suggestion to you. Sometimes myself is in big time trouble. So what do I do?
If I want to know the answers to my question or new tread - simple I go to members, find myself and click on all messages or treads. I got the answer very quick. Hop's this helps, cheer up my friend says
Norbie

Dragster
06-10-2005, 06:37 AM
Thanks Norbie, I just did that to find the answers to this post of mine! I'll be hanging on in here, but I think I'm missing a lot now. Still, I'm getting a lot too! I just feel sorry for the moderators who must be getting an ever increasing workload!

Tony

Tristen Cox
06-10-2005, 06:40 AM
I just feel sorry for the moderators who must be getting an ever increasing workload!

Me too :p