PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes my wife amuses me....

kimmy p
12-19-2008, 08:48 AM
Like last night. We were out to dinner after a church service. She seldom wears make up but she was singing a solo for the service and so broke out the warpaint. Well as we were sitting waiting for our order she looks at me and declares that "This new mascara is great, you have to try it". Then she goes on to describe how it works, how one side builds up the lash and the other side colors... I have to admit that it looked great on her and I will be borrowing it. She stops talking and asks what's so funny, I ask her to think about what she just said, she does, and turns red. She is the one at this point that is most worried about me being found out, and she didn't even realize that she was saying this to me out loud. I'm not sure where my dressing preferences are gong to take me in the future, but I'm enjoying the ride. My ultimate goal is to redo our marriage vows, with me in the dress. Sorry for the almost pointless post, I just wanted to share a giggle.

MarciManseau
12-19-2008, 08:56 AM
Give her a hug from us. She's a special woman.

MJ
12-19-2008, 09:09 AM
lol thats cute thanks for sharing

Angie G
12-19-2008, 11:45 AM
It not a pointless post it nice to know the your wife is so good with you dressing. And it't nice to hear little storie like this. Give that little lady a kiss and a big hug Kimmy.:hugs:
Angie

2b.Lauren
12-19-2008, 12:46 PM
I will say the same not at all pointless. My heart felt warm as I shared the laugh with you. I can imagine my wife and I attempting that same conversation at dinner. I am sure it would end up with one of us going to jail and a big question mark on the church service.

bobi jean
12-19-2008, 01:53 PM
Kimmie dear, if it weren't for little "pointless" post like yours, this site would be, without a doubt, a lot less visited. posts like this are absolutely not pointless, and may be essential to the very existance of 'CROSSDRESSERS.COM", and probably a lot of other site like this. they are indeed what keeps a lot of us coming back day after day.
Thank you for an entertaining little story, I just wish my wife would screw up like that, especially in a busy restaurant. IT MAY BE POINTLESS IF NO-ONE ELSE HEARD IT I SUPPOSE, you didn't say if it had been over heard but still a nice tale.

lynn2c
12-19-2008, 02:10 PM
those moments can make me smile too. My daughter (who's 28) asked me the other day for some "pointers" on applying eye shadow.

kimmy p
12-19-2008, 02:13 PM
Kimmie dear, if it weren't for little "pointless" post like yours, this site would be, without a doubt, a lot less visited. posts like this are absolutely not pointless, and may be essential to the very existance of 'CROSSDRESSERS.COM", and probably a lot of other site like this. they are indeed what keeps a lot of us coming back day after day.
Thank you for an entertaining little story, I just wish my wife would screw up like that, especially in a busy restaurant. IT MAY BE POINTLESS IF NO-ONE ELSE HEARD IT I SUPPOSE, you didn't say if it had been over heard but still a nice tale.

Thanks all. And no, I don't think that anyone overheard. She is a good woman, not as open as some other SO's on this board, but she gives what she's able.

deja true
12-19-2008, 02:51 PM
Thanks all. And no, I don't think that anyone overheard. She is a good woman, not as open as some other SO's on this board, but she gives what she's able.

Well that's just it, kimmy! Your wife just said a kinda enthusiastic supportive (as opposed to tolerant) thing without even realizing it.

It looks like she's slowly making those little leaps of understanding that are leading someplace better for both of you...

That's nice!

:)

DonnaT
12-19-2008, 04:23 PM
Well that's just it, kimmy! Your wife just said a kinda enthusiastic supportive (as opposed to tolerant) thing without even realizing it.

And, personally, I don't think you should have called her on it.

When my wife does something similar, it's rare, and I just smile to myself. I figure if I called her on it, she'd be more inclined to watch what she says, instead of just saying what's on her mind.

Alana65
12-19-2008, 05:13 PM
I think it's soooo cute that she interacted with you in that way.:heehee: You are sooooo lucky Kimmy.:daydreaming: to have an SO like her in your life.

Alice B
12-19-2008, 05:20 PM
One never knows what our wife's will say or tolerate. Yesterday my wife, out of the blue, said that it is too bad that it is OK for woman to wear or dress in male clothing, but that males can't wear skirts, etc unless you want to wear a kilt. Sort of floored me.

Last night she said it was OK for me to dress and I did, but as usual she stayed upstairs. By the time I got dressed I was very tired because I had put up the XMAS lights on the house and bought and brought in and set up an 8' tree. After about an hour I changed and went to bed. Wearing a nightie as usual and my forms, with make up still on. When I got up I put on a casual woman's top and my wig and went down for breakfast. I blew it and my wife went balistic. I had gone too far, took a quick shower and it took several hours to resolve things.

I just never know where she stands.

beenherelongtime
12-19-2008, 09:05 PM
she is accepting that is great. she also is probably becoming more comfortable with the idea since she now talks to you about it while outside the house. enjoy it.

Joy Carter
12-19-2008, 09:32 PM
Good for you both, that she's at least comfortable enough to talk about it to you. I've been in the dog house, as it where for the past two and a half years. :sad:

kimmy p
12-19-2008, 10:00 PM
And, personally, I don't think you should have called her on it.

When my wife does something similar, it's rare, and I just smile to myself. I figure if I called her on it, she'd be more inclined to watch what she says, instead of just saying what's on her mind.

We joke back and forth all the time, this time it was her doing it without thinking. What she said didn't bother her, as a matter of fact she showed me the type she was using while we were out Christmas shopping tonight. I feel that if I want to be a bit more open about this then I had better start the job of convincing people at home.

kimmy p
12-19-2008, 10:10 PM
One never knows what our wife's will say or tolerate. Yesterday my wife, out of the blue, said that it is too bad that it is OK for woman to wear or dress in male clothing, but that males can't wear skirts, etc unless you want to wear a kilt. Sort of floored me.

Last night she said it was OK for me to dress and I did, but as usual she stayed upstairs. By the time I got dressed I was very tired because I had put up the XMAS lights on the house and bought and brought in and set up an 8' tree. After about an hour I changed and went to bed. Wearing a nightie as usual and my forms, with make up still on. When I got up I put on a casual woman's top and my wig and went down for breakfast. I blew it and my wife went balistic. I had gone too far, took a quick shower and it took several hours to resolve things.

I just never know where she stands.

I think that this is true for most of us. In the past I have been at home relaxing wearing a corset, bra, panties and hose under a skirt and blouse, my wife wanted us to run out to the store for some groceries and I said "fine, but I don;t want to change to many of my clothes". And I went to the store after changing into jeans and a turtle neck, leaving all my under things on. She had no problem that day. Other days it's obvious that wearing anything girly will just "P" her off, even if it's low key. It is a fine line, and I occasionally cross it.

kimmy p
12-19-2008, 10:13 PM
Good for you both, that she's at least comfortable enough to talk about it to you. I've been in the dog house, as it where for the past two and a half years. :sad:

I started out in the dog house, never tell your girlfriend that the dress in the closet is yours when your laying naked in bed next to her. :eek: It kind of ruins the mood:doh:

Susan.
12-20-2008, 12:53 AM
It was a great story. My wife is like yours, she doesn't want anyone to find out, nor do I. But over the past few months I keep pushing the envelope and she just goes with it. Yesterday, she went to Ulta and had to buy 5 items to get the discount (coupon? I don't know). Anyway, I now how a new lipstick and a new nail polish. That would not have happened a year ago.

Teri Jean
12-20-2008, 09:18 AM
I think is really great when these little experiances are shared for it shows we can have a wonderful life and still be ourselves. Huggs and Kisses to both you and your wife. Keli

Karen1969DD
12-20-2008, 09:23 AM
Kimmy,

I am getting like your wife and sometimes forget what I am saying to my CD husband when we are out in public and he has to catch me. We are also thinking of redoing our wedding with reversed roles. Hugs.

Karen

LACD
12-20-2008, 09:29 AM
Kimmy it is not a pointless post. Dear Wife and I have to catch ourselves sometimes. We have been doing a lot of make-up shopping but just liioking so far. I know a couple of times we have been clothes shopping and she has said what she thinks would look good on me then realize where we are and how loud she said it. I laugh and don't worry about it. I'm glad for you that your wife accepts you.

Kelsy
12-20-2008, 12:59 PM
Kimmy

I love those moments with my wife!! I have been growing my hair longer(what's left of it) and I can put it in a ponytail now, well my wife goes to the salon on a whim and cuts hers short!! We look at eah other an laugh:)

Kelsy

kimmy p
12-20-2008, 02:49 PM
Kimmy,

I am getting like you wife and sometimes forget what I am saying to my CD husband when we are out in public and he has to catch me. We are also thinking of redoing our wedding with reversed roles. Hugs.

Karen

I am SO jealous! I have never been able to convince my wife to try that. almost 17 years and no joy, but I haven't given up.:D

kimmy p
12-20-2008, 02:56 PM
Kimmy

I love those moments with my wife!! I have been growing my hair longer(what's left of it) and I can put it in a ponytail now, well my wife goes to the salon on a whim and cuts hers short!! We look at eah other an laugh:)

Kelsy

Before I went into a professional occupation my hair was halfway down my back. My wife used to French Braid it for me if I had a "nicer" event or appointment to attend. You know, weddings, funerals, birthdays,theater ect. I love French Braids, and I miss my long hair.:sad:

Toni_Lynn
12-20-2008, 03:13 PM
Hey Kimmy

That's great! My wife runs into similar things where we go shopping and she sees something and says 'This would look great on you' or if we are looking at panties or nighties, she picks outs something for me and then says -- 'now we have to find the matching one for me'

Then she stops and says -- oops -- I gotta stop doing that in public, but I am so comfortable with you being a crossdresser I wouldn't have you any other way!

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

Toni_Lynn
12-20-2008, 03:16 PM
Kimmy

Kelsy

He he he! My wife is the one in the family with the short boy's cut. I'm the one with the long hair and sometimes poni-tail. Only one person has made a snotty remark about that ever, to wit -- 'Looks like your got your hairstyles mixed up! If only they knew what we each on on as underwear then they'd really flip out!

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

Lori A
12-20-2008, 03:40 PM
When we're going to be working out side, my wife often French Braids my hair to keep it out of my face, we never know when one of the neighbors will stop by, and some have. Or we are into a project and need to go into town for more supplies, and I think nothing of it.
Once we were on the way home from Memphis and stopped at the VFFO mall and she picked me out a new padded black bra. I put it on at the rest area just West of Jackson. As we got closer to our exit she remembered some things we needed from Wally World so we proceeded into town and did that shopping. When we got ready to leave we decided to grab Subway's for dinner. My niece, whom I have not seen in 9 years, was the night manager and the only one there. We were to be her last customers that night so she had time to visit and talk about how we were and all that stuff. And as would be expected she had to give her uncle a big hug. It wasn't until we were getting back in the car that my wife noticed my silhouette and the bumps made by the padded bra. :o:hugs:

kimmy p
12-25-2008, 01:47 PM
My wife nearly did it again! She told me that a lady asked her at Church last night what brand of make up she was using. My wife told me that she nearly forgot herself and told the woman "I don't know, let me ask my husband". I'm SLOWLY wearing her down!

Samantha43
12-25-2008, 08:01 PM
My wife does that all the time. When we are out shopping for clothes, she'll pull a top off the rack, hold it up to me and say "this would look good on you!" It's even more fun in the makeup section. I don't think she really knows she is doing it. We both get a laugh out of it when I give her "that look".

Patty
12-25-2008, 10:40 PM
Give her a big HUG!!!

JoAnne Wheeler
12-26-2008, 02:57 PM
My Spouse now wants to "borrow" my makeup !! That is a sign of progress.
JoAnne Wheeler

Ze xx
12-26-2008, 03:03 PM
Umm, don't want to be a downer here, but I don't recommend sharing anyone elses mascara (or eyeliner for that matter) Especially in the winter when they're lots of colds knocking around. You don't want to share any potential eye infections x

Your wife sounds lovely btw. :)