PDA

View Full Version : 24/7 and Loving it

Amy Hepker
12-19-2008, 11:31 AM
Hi Everyone,

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.:Party2:

I just thought I would let everyone know how it's going. I have been 24/7 Amy now since Oct 1st. I am enjoying it even though I have been laid off from my job. It was due to Economic Conditions and not because I am Transgender. In Florida if you are out of work and cannot find a job like so many others and you get Medicaid and state money, you have to do Community Service. This works out to my advantage as I have been placed in an Office job doing female work. :cheer: I will be working on the computers and doing other odd jobs in the office. The thing about Florida is that Secretaries make more than the average man. It is true. So, I am hopefully on my way to moving up in the office world as a female. I will not be getting paid for working at this place, but I also have to keep looking for work and I will now have experience in the office.

Now all that shopping for clothing will pay off. I have a lot of nice clothing, and no most are not Dresses. I have over 120 tops, 20 Skirts, 20 Dresses and over 20 pair of Jeans and Dress Pants. I have over 15 pair of shoes including a real nice pair of Black tall Suade Boots. I have been doing my makeup everyday and found a way to be able to shave really close, I use Hair conditioner on my face before I shave, it makes the hair stand straight up. I then have adjusted my makeup to help cover any shadow. I still want to get the Lazer done someday, but that is something you have to have money for, $300 a session. It would be well worth it though.

I have found a really Great Church that has accepted me for me also, it is a very open Church that has all kinds of people from the GLBT Group. I feel very good at this Church.

My only regret is that I did not go 24/7 many years ago. I feel as though I was lying to myself and everyone else for so long. Yes, there are a lot of trials and lonely times, but it is all well worth it to me. I can finally be who I really am. I am getting many new GG friends, to hang out with. You would be surprised at how many really do accept us. I am still looking for that LOVE of my life, but I know it will only be a matter of time before she surfaces, and when she does I will know that she will accpet me for me and not the Male she wants me to be.

Angie G
12-19-2008, 12:26 PM
Amy sorry about you being laid off I've been there years ago. And it's great news on you being sccetped and doing well going 24/7 hun.:hugs:
Angie

Carole Cross
12-19-2008, 12:27 PM
Well congratulations, its nice to hear that you are happy. Being laid off is abit of a downer but many of us may have to face that scenario in the near future.
I hope you can find a job soon and then you can really start to enjoy life. I aim to be full time within the next year, I have a lot of learning to do yet!

Meery Chritmas and a Happy New Year :love:
:hf: :balloons:

avril findlay
12-19-2008, 12:49 PM
Amy, I hope all goes well for you living full time as a woman. That's a big decision sis.

Amy Hepker
12-19-2008, 06:08 PM
It was a pretty easy decission for me, I was tired of lying to myself and everyine else by letting on that I was a male. Yes, I have a male body, but that is not who I am inside and I am finally free.

As far as being laid off goes there is 9% unemployment rate down here and that was before all this crap happened lately. I am hoping that if nothing else the place I am doing community service at will hire me full time someday.

CD Susan
12-19-2008, 07:36 PM
Amy, congratulations on your continued success in going 24/7. I hope you find full tme employment soon. Best of luck Hun.

beenherelongtime
12-19-2008, 08:50 PM
good luck to you in your job pursuit. times are hard right now. hang in there