PDA

View Full Version : Relationship bonds on this forum

StephanieT
12-19-2008, 10:46 PM
The longer I have been on this forum, the more I seem to be developing virtual relationships with others. The strange part about these relationships is the ones exclusively online are very Fem and it seems like I am developing Girl Friends. The ones that progress further take on a more guy mode where guy issues and dressing issues become more prominent. What are your experiences.

victoriamwilliams1
12-20-2008, 12:31 AM
For me since I started on the forum I have become more publicly open as well as stopped being a late night to early morning dresser, thats when you get dressed at 3 am and stay out until 1 pm or later. I have personally met 2 members of the form (Kim Tx) and spoke with one while with Dalece. Since being on the forum I learned allot and I continue to learn more each time.

TxKimberly
12-20-2008, 12:47 AM
Oh yeah, I've met quite a few people from here and have come to consider a few of them friends, not just acquaintances

Teri Jean
12-20-2008, 09:23 AM
I have met one of our sisters, Susan, and it is great to have a connection beyond the forum. Susan has envited me to a support group near by and when my schedual allows it I definately want to join in. The more people we interact with gives us a more full life. Keli

Deborah Jane
12-20-2008, 09:41 AM
I think for some of us we can find something here we thought we never would :daydreaming:

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95906

Also we are both planning to meet several member from here during the next year at events such as Sparkle

MJ
12-20-2008, 10:02 AM
funny how the Internet can bring like-minded people together and then make wonderful friendships both on line and in person. i am so thankful this site is here :love:

Juanita O
12-20-2008, 10:18 AM
funny how the Internet can bring like-minded people together and then make wonderful friendships both on line and in person. i am so thankful this site is here :love:I agree totally with u MJ.

Samantha B L
12-20-2008, 10:28 AM
I have developed a lot of freindships on the forum since August 2006. The freindships with m to f CD's are very fem in nature and they stay that way. In these freindships I feel like I'm dealing with people who may as well be women,to tell the truth. Maybe these CD freinds get the same impression of me. I don't know. But I don't mean this as a put down. I enjoy these freindships just the way they are!

insearchofme
12-20-2008, 10:31 AM
I have devloped some friendships here that I really do treasure, some that I've met in person. I just wish we could all get together en femme for a day or so. That would be so cool!

uknowhoo
12-20-2008, 10:33 AM
I've met almost two dozen members here and spoken by phone with many, many others. Some I consider true, dear friends; countless others I consider good (virtual) girlfriends. Becoming part of this community has profoundly changed my life, and for this I am most grateful.

Samantha B L
12-20-2008, 10:49 AM
It's just a thought. One of these days. 10 or 15 years from now, there just could be a crossdressers.com convention. It could be held at a large stadium or auditorium kind of center. All this would have to be orchestrated very carefully to make sure a large enough number of members were notified but actually I do NOT know how on earth the site or anyone in connection with it would pay for all of this. Of course you could charge for tickets. It's actually an impractical idea yet preposterous things have a way of sometimes coming true! Can any of us imagine a motel or convention center marquee with the letters spelling out "WELCOME CROSSDRESSERS.COM". And strangely there would be spot announcements for ticket sales on local radio and TV. Stranger things have happened!

Elizabeth2-
12-20-2008, 11:16 AM
I am trying to form some deeper relationships with the girls that understand me here. But, progress is slow.

Like Lisa said in her thread about her SO of thirty years, I would just simply burst if I had to go on without someone to talk to. My SO is tolerant, but lately a little more in the "don't ask; don't tell" mode and I have decided to honor that.

Other than here, I am quite lonely.

Thank you all for talking to me!

Merry Christmas!!!!

Liz

Karren H
12-20-2008, 11:37 AM
Yeah!!! I've made quite a few friends here.... up until a few months ago we would chat quite often but I'm so friggin busy I barley ahve time for ice hockey!! lol

Sam-antha
12-20-2008, 11:57 AM
Virtual friends I have here, mostly if not all fem. It is for me a fem place, even if my reference frame does slip sometimes.
~Samm

Sarah...
12-20-2008, 02:19 PM
Also we are both planning to meet several member from here during the next year at events such as Sparkle

Yeah, we're hoping to get to Sparkle in '09 and meet some friends.

Sarah...

StaceyJane
12-20-2008, 02:43 PM
I was thinking we could have the crossdressers.com convention in the same city and on the same weekend as the Super Bowl so those of us in the closet would hav an excuse for our families.

Ronni Seymour
12-20-2008, 08:38 PM
Just the other day the thought crossed my mind about a Crossdressers.com convention. I realize that's a real dream of ever happening, but it's interesting that some of you have thought the same thing.:)
Even though I'm relatively new here, I've also begun to form a bond with the sisters. This is a special place where we can share things we otherwise can't with other people in our lives.

Karren H
12-20-2008, 09:03 PM
I was thinking we could have the crossdressers.com convention in the same city and on the same weekend as the Super Bowl so those of us in the closet would hav an excuse for our families.

Only if the STEELERS are not playing!!!! :D

CD Susan
12-20-2008, 09:16 PM
Since i joined this forum last April I have met several other members that live close enough to me to make meeting possible. I have this site to thank for making this possible. Joining this site literaly did change my life eight months ago. I have friends that I can be with and have the support and understanding of those from two cd/tg support groups that I am a member of. Again this is all possibile because of this wonderful website. If there ever is a cd.com reunion I would definately want to be there. We are from all over the world so there are those that we will never get to meet but still there are many of us that live close enough to make this happen.

docrobbysherry
12-20-2008, 09:28 PM
What I have received, and continue to receive from CD.com members?:)

Support, acceptance, sanity, help, perspective, experience(s), symphathy, advice, parables, and SO MUCH MORE!:hugs:

Has this become my favorite place in the world? Scary thot, but maybe so!:eek:

Thank u one and all!:love:

Jolene
12-21-2008, 01:28 AM
It is a comfort to me to be able to come here and see that there are others I have this in common with. The CD road can be a lonely one to travel.

Nicole Erin
12-21-2008, 01:38 AM
I have made but one friend here that I ever still talk to, the rest kind of blew me off I guess.
I have tried to contact a few girls in Indiana but they just either chicken out or don't have time.
One member here who actually posts, I knew in person before knowing here so that is different.
I have tried to make some friends but it never goes anywhere, that is why I have moved on and don't waste much time on this forum anymore.

And jolene, I have discovered it is easier to find accepting friends who are not even TG than it is to find friends in our own community. So much for support.

Megan_Girl
12-21-2008, 01:46 AM
I've met friends here and developed relationships that I hope will last the rest of my life.

This forum has played a major roll in my life. I have changed, for the better, considerably since getting here and I don't think I could have gotten this far this fast without this forum and the friendship I've found here.

XXX
Megan

JoAnne Wheeler
12-29-2008, 02:54 PM
Without a doubt, this website forum has been a Godsend - it has helped me so much to come to accept myself and to talk with all these sisters. I truly love it.

Love,

JoAnne Wheeler

deja true
12-29-2008, 03:12 PM
Well Steph...I really don't consider my freinds from here to be 'fem' friends or 'guy' friends. They're just friends. And even though the PMs and e-mails we share often talk about what wigs and shoes and little makeup tricks we're playing with, there's always a lot more to them than just that surface stuff...

Family issues, social issues, personal issues and the kind of chat that surrounds just being in touch with someone you like and are comfortable with. What's missing (thank the goddess!) is all that macho sexist banter and one-ups-manship stuff that typifies normal 'guy' relationships. So...maybe...in that way our friendships generated here are indeed more 'fem' (except for all that bloody hockey talk...:D).

We converse more like women do with each other, no matter the subject. More listening, less boasting, more sympathy, less virtual arm punching.

Me likey!