PDA

View Full Version : What motivates you to dress?

inherthings
12-21-2008, 01:58 AM
I went to a Xmas party last friday night. It was held in a very expensive Hall in S.F. Went in guy mode (suit and tie). My SO wore her little black cocktail dress with 4" heels. Witch she looked beautiful and very sexy in. The other women there were all in there fancy Holiday dresses and gowns. The smell of perfume was in the air. I couldn't take my eye off all the GG's there. I was taking it all in. Watching the way walked in there heels , sat in there chairs. moved in there clothes. Everything about it was intoxicating. That night i dreamed i was one of the GG's at that party. I really don't want to be women. I'm very happy being a male. But that dream had me not wanting to wake up the next morning. That Saturday i wanted so much to dress. But i couldn't. My SO and friends over to bake cookies for the holidays. But i had to put something fem.on. So i underdressed , panties and phose. It was the least i could do.
What i was wondering is does something like a fancy dress party or wedding. Maybe even the office GG's dressed in there skirt suits. Motivate you do dress? Or do you need any motivation at all?

AllieSF
12-21-2008, 02:31 AM
Normally, I do not need motivation. However, an attractive woman may be another stimulus to bring on the urge. I think it is more a desire to look just like her. We can dream can't we?

Carole Cross
12-21-2008, 02:32 AM
My motivation comes from within. I have dreamed of being a girl ever since I realised that I was different to ohter boys and that has carried on into adulthood. Because of the social stigma at age 16, when I initially thought about transition, I tried to supress my feelings, but the thoughts never went away and I can resist the urge no longer.:daydreaming:

sissystephanie
12-21-2008, 02:36 AM
The only motivation that I need is to see all my pretty feminine things! I dress because I like the fit, feel, and look of feminine things. I am much more comfortable wearing panties then I am wearing boxers (ugh!) or jockey briefs! Since I am a natural 40 B, a bra is a natural thing for me to wear. As many of you know, I don't try to pass since my dear late wife is no longer here to fix my wig and do my makeup. but I still dress very often and go out in public. Pretty clothes do motivate me!!

avril findlay
12-21-2008, 03:05 AM
I don't need much motivation, I love dressing as a woman. I get as big a buzz today when I'm dressed as I did the first time I stepped into a skirt many, many years ago.

Suzie S.
12-21-2008, 06:01 AM
A situation like that doesn't really motivate me to dress. The motivation part is always there, it's the 'opportunity' part that I struggle with sometimes. :heehee: Although, I do admit I get a bit jealous when in that type of situation. :o

sometimes_miss
12-21-2008, 07:54 AM
Stress of any kind induces me to crossdress; basically, the desire to dress as a girl is there all the time, I just suppress it. Stress overwhelmes the compensating systems/defense mechanisms, and its easier to just give in to the desire than to fight it with drugs and/or trying to keep the feelings pent up, resulting in other abnormal behaviors.

TGMarla
12-21-2008, 09:48 AM
I don't really need much motivation to dress, but occasions like the one you described will most likely unleash a more pertinent desire to get all dolled up as soon as I can.

Carol A
12-21-2008, 09:52 AM
No I really don't need any motivation to dress as I dress everyday because I want to and have been doing since I was 14.:hugs:

Karren H
12-21-2008, 10:00 AM
Not a clue.... I'm driven to dress like sammon swimming up stream or geese flying south for the winter....

Kate Simmons
12-21-2008, 10:37 AM
I think what started the whole thing for me was the premise that being a woman was something special. I no longer have those feelings since I've realized it's more about who I am as a person and not what I am wearing at any given time.:)

Elizebeth
12-21-2008, 10:46 AM
I don't know what make me start the same as most from what Im have read. If I see a nice classy outfit I does make me want to dress.

Salene
12-21-2008, 10:49 AM
I always enjoy dressing but I get more motivated when I'm depressed. Dressing up and looking "pretty" can be a good emotional booster shot. :drink:

DeborahAnne
12-21-2008, 02:07 PM
I think the motivation is that there is such a great choice of different things to wear compared to drab wear. There is nothing I like better than spending a couple of hours getting made up and dressed for the evening to help me relax.

Sarah Martin
12-21-2008, 03:32 PM
I don't usually need any motivation...it's an internal need to dress so as to match my mental image of myself.

Boring, but true.

Maria2222
12-21-2008, 05:49 PM
I really can't tell you. It's an inborn part of me and I just have to do it, like breathing. The only difference is breathing isn't really something I enjoy, it's just there, but being a CD and dressing is something I love.

charlie
12-21-2008, 05:49 PM
Seeing all the lovely ladies and them in their outfits does not make me need to dress as much as it teaches me how to refine myself when I dress. I study the makeup, dress styles, shoes and how real GG's sit, stand, walk and hold themselves. It gets tough when I'm at a party with my wife and I'm trying to look without staring at all the ladies!

Toni_Lynn
12-21-2008, 05:56 PM
I can't quite explain it, but it is a need to make things right in some way. Its a comfort thing, in ways, like chicken soup. Its something I need to do. Its the only way I can feel right.

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

CharleneT
12-21-2008, 05:57 PM
This may sound stupid simple, but it is true: my motivation is that it makes me feel better. Really not a lot more than that. You could put it as, I feel "right" when dressed.

suzypier
12-21-2008, 06:07 PM
It’s the feeling of walking on high heels and look like a woman that motivate me to be a crossdresser. Let out what I feel inside. I would love to wear high heels 24/7 if I was able to do it.

Tracii G
12-21-2008, 07:23 PM
I do it when the mood hits me.

Cary
12-21-2008, 11:13 PM
I don't need motivation to dress,but I do agree that a situation like the one you desribed would put me in the mood.

Cary

CD Susan
12-21-2008, 11:44 PM
I do not need any type of motivation to get me to dress. The desire is there constantly so I dress every day. The opportunity to dress is never a problem for me as I live alone and am retired. Dressing every day is a way of life for me.

LilSissyStevie
12-22-2008, 12:30 AM
The devil makes me do it!:devil:

Tasha McIntyre
12-22-2008, 12:39 AM
Motivation to crossdress. If I'm having a crap day or just feel stressed for whatever reason, getting into my girlie gear brings on a surge of pink fog that makes the world a whole lot better.

Sometimes it's seeing GG's dressed beautifully, either out in the world, on TV or even in clothing catalogues.

Other times I dress just because I love it :daydreaming:

docrobbysherry
12-22-2008, 01:05 AM
GGs in stores, on the street, on TV, in movies, in magazines; give me ideas for looks I want to try!:D

Also, many of u here have been VERY inspirational! In your pics, posts, and PMs!:hugs:

emmicd
12-22-2008, 01:10 AM
I do also get the urge to dress when I see girls and women dressed so pretty in beautiful dresses. I also feel happier when I dress in womens clothing. I am a closet crossdresser with a strong desire and need to dress when I can.

emmi

sallyjones
12-22-2008, 03:22 AM
no motivation needed but sometimes seeing pretty GGs makes me go home and dress i love it.

deja true
12-22-2008, 06:27 AM
Um...D) all of the above...

As much as I hate parties, where I'm usually a wall flower, I do love watching the ladies and envy them a lot!

*sigh*

:D

Lorna
12-22-2008, 06:50 AM
While I don't need motivation as such, seeing a woman dressed in clothes that appeal to me will certainly make me want to try to look and feel like her - generally unsuccessfully! I'm afraid I am rather selective - younger, prettier looks are preferred and there has to be a skirt or dress and hosiery....so motivation is not an everyday event!

Gisele
12-22-2008, 06:55 AM
No motovation need for me. I just get up and get dressed as anyone would do. It's just my taste in clothing it a tad diffrent than most men. I only dress as a male when at work. When I am at home or off for the day it's girl all the way for me.:)

CharlotteW
12-22-2008, 07:56 AM
I'm only an under-dresser with a penchant for shoes so I don't really need any motivation. However, if I am going out with my wife for the evening to our fave club, I get the urge to dress-up but seldom succeed.

Chrissy be good
12-22-2008, 08:37 AM
For me it just feels good and some times it's a turn on. When I was able to dress all the time it was less of a turn on, but it still felt great to do. The desire is still there... now it's just the opportunity.

Vicky_Scot
12-22-2008, 09:33 AM
Nothing motivates me to dress.....I just can't help myself.

Xx Vicky xX

ukcd87
12-22-2008, 09:43 AM
I get motivated when i see girls/women on TV or around the town in nice clothes and i think i would love to wear what she is wearing. Then i will think about getting dressed up until i have time to do so.

Amanda.D
12-22-2008, 04:05 PM
Just about any excuse. The other day, I saw a girl on TV wearing purple tights and I just had to go and buy some. Last week I passed a shoe store with a sale on and I just had to park up and go in. I bought 2 pairs of shoes and couldn't wait to get home to try them on fully dressed.
Mandy

courtneyjo
12-26-2008, 06:10 AM
My internal desire to one day become a woman motivate me to dress.

~*Francine*~
12-26-2008, 06:44 AM
I love dressing up as the girls I meet. I buy clothes that I can identify my female friends wearing and replicate them as much as possible. I wish one of them found out.I have shoes, bikinis, pants, and dresses that i've seen them in and I feel like a precious art work in them all.

Mollyanne
12-26-2008, 06:53 AM
I don't need any motivation at all!!!!! I dress because it makes me feel good and I REALLY like how the clothes feel. I underdress everyday(pantyhose, panties and bra) and if I were younger I would become the woman who lives inside me!!!!

:love: Mollyanne

Slip Affinity
12-26-2008, 07:12 AM
My motivation? Any weekday that has a Y in it pretty much does it. :) That, and the thought of my slip collection languishing alone in the drawers will do it too. :daydreaming:

Raychel
12-26-2008, 08:14 AM
I am with alot of the other here. No real motivation needed. I am alwasy just wishing that I had more time for my dressing. I usually get a chance about one a week, But with life being so crazy lately, It has been over a month. The motivation is there now for sure.

Rita D
12-26-2008, 08:30 AM
I TOTALLY identify with Karen's original post! As a rule, I don't really need motivation to dress- but if I am in a situation like she describes, where there are a lot of women around me all dressed to the nines; it has a way of pumping my desire to dress into overdrive!

Angie G
12-26-2008, 09:33 AM
The only motivation I need is to wake up and get out of bed and I'm motivated.:hugs:
Angie

sherib
12-26-2008, 09:45 AM
No motivation needed. From the time I wake up in the morning until the time I go to bed. If there is time I can have to myself, I'll get dressed. The clothes, the jewelry and then the high heels just make me feel good.

JoAnne Wheeler
12-26-2008, 11:25 AM
Anything and everything. All I really know that I become a real grouch and really irritable, frustrated and depressed if I don't dress every opportunity I get.
:ove,
JoAnne Wheeler

NikkiBeth
12-26-2008, 11:28 AM
I do not need to get motivated to dress. At parties such as the one you described, I find that the "girl inside" starts to perk up.:daydreaming:

jennifer41356
12-26-2008, 01:41 PM
That is why I dont like going to Christmas parties, If I can wear what I want, I wont go....but to the other part, motivation, i agree with most of the others, I have wanted to be a girl for as long as I can remember, so it it is my genetic makeup to be female:love:

rachellenicole
12-26-2008, 02:15 PM
Well, it doesn't give me any additional motovation however, I do wish to be in the "thick of things" so to speak. I have plenty of motovation.

Rach

Carly D.
12-26-2008, 05:12 PM
I can be dead.. or rather Carly can be dead.. for the most part.. no inkling to want to dress.. and for months that can be the case.. and then something will happen.. either I'll see some woman dressed up (rarely anymore it seems) or see an add on tv or... well just anything really.. then it's like Carly takes the lead.. I mean it can be less than five percent then and explosion and it's Carly 95 percent or more.. can't get enough.. right now I'm at about thirty percent.. I can breathe and Carly can dress about once a week... life's good..

Cari
12-27-2008, 01:16 AM
I get motivated by opportunity or just free time, Ive dressed on so many rainy days I cant take a shower without thinking about it.

I also have two definate triggers

Anything new: if I pick something up or a package arrives I know Ill be setting time aside to dress in the next few days.

Lately my strongest trigger is seeing things I have but put together in a way I havent tried yet. Last weekend I saw a store display that was basically all items I had, but I never mixed those colors, textures and styles before. Needless to say I tried it within a few days.

Cari

Jennifer James
12-27-2008, 01:18 AM
seeing women in cute outfits and esp. black pantyhose/stockings so freakin HOT really gets me going/motivated

Carin
12-27-2008, 01:58 AM
No motovation need for me. I just get up and get dressed as anyone would do. It's just my taste in clothing it a tad diffrent than most men. I only dress as a male when at work. When I am at home or off for the day it's girl all the way for me.:)

The only motivation I need is to wake up and get out of bed and I'm motivated.:hugs:
Angie

:yt: