PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever complimented a GG in drab?

Lana Lang
12-21-2008, 04:10 AM
I know I know, I have 2 threads going including this one but I just had a root beer float, went to the store where I got some nice things and feeling kind of energetic.

On to the question...

Have you ever complimented a GG on their looks/clothes while in drab? I almost did once when I saw this girl wearing a great sweater but for some reason, couldn't bring myself to say anything. I don't know why...

Anna the Dub
12-21-2008, 05:29 AM
I do it all the time, no matter what I am wearing. Have only ever had positive responses, usually accompanied with a beaming smile.

Mary Jane
12-21-2008, 05:46 AM
I have complimented women a few times about their clothing or shoes. Total strangers but once they got over the shock they were always friendly and most appreciative.

deja true
12-21-2008, 05:55 AM
Couldn't quite make out whether I was in drab complimenting GG's ...or... I was complimenting GG's who were dressed in drab...

Either way...er...yes! That's how us sensitive guys roll!

:D

Phyliss
12-21-2008, 05:58 AM
It's really fun to give out a compliment about "the look" a lady has acheived. As many of us know just how difficult it is to get "THAT" look, it is really appreciated when somebody else makes a positive remark about your efforts.

Of course they're always quite surprised when a "guy" says something that is more than just a verbal wolf whistle.

I recall one younger lady ( late 20's ? ) made a remark to me, after blushing from the compliment I had given, she said, " You seem to be more intune than the normal guy" . I kinda smiled at her with a bit of a wink. I'd like to think she "figured it out" but nothing more was said, as she went on her way.

Leohose
12-21-2008, 06:01 AM
Of course, everyone enjoys a compliment

LACD
12-21-2008, 06:42 AM
Yes I have. When I see a GG in an outfit that I think looks good I always think how I would look in the same outfit. One time I told a lady she had a nice sweater and asked where she bought it. She told me and thanked me for the compliment. Dear Wife finally believes me now that I am not only looking at the woman, but more at the clothes.

Stephanie Stephens
12-21-2008, 07:31 AM
Absolutely I have found that when a compliment is sincere it is well received.

avril findlay
12-21-2008, 07:34 AM
Of course. Who wouldn't like a genuine compliment?

Jess_cd32
12-21-2008, 07:39 AM
I do but rarely considering I have a SO, depends on the GG and I make it a no strings compliment if she appears she would be receptive to such. No harm in it and it makes someones day.

Sally24
12-21-2008, 09:09 AM
Yes! They look really surprised if it's more than a generic "you look marvelous" kind of compliment. If you pick out their shoes or dress I think they are puzzled that you even noticed.

TGMarla
12-21-2008, 09:45 AM
Sure I have, quite often, really. Women love getting compliments on their looks, especially from a source where they would not ordinarily expect it. As long as it is not too forward, it's a very gentlemanly thing to do.

Karren H
12-21-2008, 10:04 AM
Every time I can, at work especially... and typically it's proceeded by "Hello pretty lady....." You look awesome in pink!! Everyone loves to be complimented on how they look... and I'm no exception!!

Jenna1561
12-21-2008, 10:17 AM
As with most of the others - ALL the time. They usually brighten up, smile, and as said, are somewhat surprised if they're a stranger. The women I know have come to expect that I might say something about their "look." From shoes to clothes, to accessories, to makeup, I'll compliment what I see as the best part of their look. And they love it.

Jenna

Intertwined
12-21-2008, 10:26 AM
Have you ever complimented a GG in drab?

All the time, and I go one step further sometimes, I say " I just love that, where can I get it for myself? "

The responce I get to that is usually laughter, on a rare occation uncomfortable chuckle, and even once, they offered to give it to me, saying, " it would look great on you ".

insearchofme
12-21-2008, 10:42 AM
I was with my college age nephew on his campus and was joking around with him about how to start a conversation with a girl, not that he needs my help. I told him that just because I was married and "old" that I didn't have some skills.

I said," Watch this", as we passed by a girl walking in our direction I glanced over at her and said, "Nice shoes". She smiled at us and said they were favorite and thanks for noticing.

I looked over at my nephew and the look on hs face was priceless. I grinned and said, "Grasshopper, when you can take this stone from my hand...."

Lisa Golightly
12-21-2008, 10:45 AM
Many, many times :)

Toni_Lynn
12-21-2008, 10:48 AM
Hokey smokes Bullwinkle did I misinterpret this one! I thought it meant 'a GG in drab', as in a girl wearing boys stuff -- but then this is the way my mind works if you read my threads about me being weird :)

So, I shall answer it both ways .. yes I have complimented GGs on what they are wearing while I've been in drab (or while wearing girls stuff that pass as drab). Its never been much more than, 'Like your sweater', or 'that's a nice jacket'. Reaction has been anything from 'thank you' to an (unknowing) laugh and 'thanks, you want to borrow it'.

Then to my other answer . have I ever complimented a girl wearing boys stuff ... YES! .. the drabbier the better! I have such great admiration for challenges to the gender norm, and yes, even withing GG circles there still is a line in the sand to be crossed as far as wearing guy's stuff. Girls just bring a certain beauty to men's clothes, and I feel that it enhances their femininity in an unexplainable way. This is why I love my wife sooooo very much!

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

Elizebeth
12-21-2008, 10:50 AM
No but in drab I am pretty shy and don't talk much.

Andrea's Lynne
12-21-2008, 10:52 AM
I've done it many times ... shoes, outfit, or manicures are what I notice most ... sometimes makeup. Each and everytime I think both the beautiful woman and I leave the brief exchange feeling better. Her for receiving a compliment and me for helping to validate their beauty. My 2 cents

Nicki B
12-21-2008, 11:01 AM
Often.. The trick is to make sure they don't think you're just coming on to them? :)

Kimberly Marie Kelly
12-21-2008, 12:18 PM
Girls love to hear compliments on their choice of clothes. Do it as much as I can..:battingeyelashes:

Alice Torn
12-21-2008, 12:56 PM
There was a time, when I was way too shy, to talk to women, but now that i am a 54 yo still single bloke, yes, all the time i see one in a skirt or dress, and in relatively good shape. Only two or three times, did some seem defensive. Just two days ago, i finally got a chance to compliment this senior petite lady, who is delightful, always wears black skirts, hose, heels, and looks better than most 24 year olds. I told her she looks so nice today. She knows she looks classy, and said thank you. I was in drab. Sadly, there are not many times they are single. Once in a while I ask if they are single. Usually spoken for - 99% of the time.

lynn2c
12-21-2008, 01:22 PM
I do this quite often. I figure that they have spent alot of time and effort to achieve their look. We all know that one all too well. I have gotten some strange looks, but usually followed by "it's nice that you have noticed"

Tracii G
12-21-2008, 01:29 PM
Sure all the time.Like others have said pick out one or two things like nails,makeup,shoes etc.and you get 99% of the time a thank you or a big smile.
Did it yesterday at Wal-Mart and she came back with compliment on my jeans and nail polish.She said my sister and I think those jeans look so cute on you most guys wouldn't have the guts to wear them.
I blushed right on he spot.:o

Stefanie_Adams
12-21-2008, 01:45 PM
Yes I do it all the time, I can't help myself with being so obsessed with building my own wardrobe. Even out shopping with my wife I usually make color recommendations for her skin color. Some times she even comments that she is my little doll and I like dressing her. :)

Laura_Stephens
12-21-2008, 01:47 PM
While I was in drab or she was in drab?

DanaR
12-21-2008, 01:50 PM
Compliments are cool; most people like and appreciate them.

NaughtyMichelle
12-21-2008, 05:17 PM
I do frequently. I think as long as you are sincere, respectful and non-threatening, most women appreciate a nice compliment.

Nicki B
12-21-2008, 06:51 PM
The trick is to make sure they don't think you're just coming on to them? :)

Sadly, there are not many times they are single.

:eek: :doh:

Susan.
12-22-2008, 01:07 AM
I do it all the time, well at least as often as I can. I usually only compliment women that I know.

My wife's cousin is a wiz with her makeup, it always looks professional, but I can't bring myself to compliment her because it seems a little too obvious.

PrettyFlowingGown
12-22-2008, 06:54 AM
I often tell women that I love their hair, but I can never bring myself to say, I love a top, dress or skirt. I remember at work one day, where a lady came in wearing a real beautiful dress I liked, and I was so anxious to ask her where she bought it. I followed her down the aisles, but at the last moment, I chickened out.

tracigirl_tv
12-22-2008, 01:17 PM
Definitely enjoy giving a compliment. As someone mentioned earlier in this thread, we appreciate that pulling off a good look doesn't come easy, and the great majority of women seem to enjoy that someone (and a man!) has actually noticed. *lol*

Desiree2bababe
12-22-2008, 01:19 PM
Of course, why not bring a smile to their face.

carolinoakland
12-22-2008, 01:20 PM
the clothes yes, all the time. But I almost outed my male self once when i noticed this gg's eyelashes and almost blurted out " HOW in the world do you get your eyelashes to look that GOOD!" . I don't think I'm going to worry about it much anymore though. A girl will always share tips. unless she thinks you're competition. Carol

Billijo49504
12-22-2008, 07:48 PM
Sure just the other day. We were in Lane Bryant, and she was trying to figure out if she liked the way the jeans she was trying on looked. I told her that the way those jeans fit, she should buy a few pairs. They look that good....BJ

Sedona
12-22-2008, 11:37 PM
Sure, no problems with that. The other day, I complimented a co-worker on her new manicure "I said her hands look nice," and a host at a holiday party on the nice color her dress was. Just don't be weird, creepy, and I find it's no big deal at all.

Want instant points with many women? Compliment her shoes.

beenherelongtime
12-22-2008, 11:39 PM
i always complimented gg's on their clothing. i still do today.

MsSamanthaErica
12-22-2008, 11:47 PM
I have had the courage to ask GG's where they got certain outfits and have said that they looked great. Trying not to look to obvious that a) it wasn't for the sexual reasons they might anticipate and b) trying to work up the courage to ask where they got it.

I got a gypsy skirt and a sweet corduroy mini thanks to a girl I once worked with. She remembered what I asked her about once and after I left emailed me and offered a place to get one... needless to say I own one now!

~Samantha

AmandaM
12-23-2008, 12:56 AM
Sometimes. But some have liked it, some think I'm some kind of perv.

Cassiemarie
12-23-2008, 03:19 AM
I've only done it once. While at a local ice cream parlor I couldnt help but notice the eyelashes on the young girl behind the counter. when she aproached me I asked her if the lashes were real. She asked me why and I responded that they were absolutley beautiful. A little stunned, and with a smile from ear to ear, batted her lashes and said yes they are. I believe I made her day and I dont think I'll be so shy in the future to compliment other GGs on thier appearance.

Kelsy
12-23-2008, 03:47 AM
You bet!! what woman doesn't want to hear that they look beautiful and how lovely they look in what they are wearing!?

Kelsy

jessiejess112
12-23-2008, 04:06 AM
I complimented a GG at a club this past Saturday actually: she was wearing a very girly pink ruffled mini dress. I was thinking Like "MsSamanthaErica", I really did want to ask her where she bought it. But in the end I was too embarrased to ask her :doh:.

JoAnne Wheeler
12-23-2008, 12:24 PM
I constantly compliment GG's on their appearance and their clothing and their hair and their shoes, etc. I don't know if they wonder about me or not. I am a big "hugger" of GG's. Most every GG that I come in contact with, I give a great big hug to. They all love it and if I don't hug them, they ask me to.

Even though I am a CDer, I love all women. I love their bodies; their clothes; their disposition; their small talk; and everything about them. I suspect that I wish that i could be one or all of them. However, I do enjoy my male self to this extent. I shake hands with men, but I hug GGs.

Love,

JoAnne Wheeler

NikkiBeth
12-23-2008, 08:15 PM
Of course, everyone enjoys a comliment or two.

gwenrob43
12-23-2008, 09:33 PM
Sure, I do it all the time. I certainly agree with Tracii G, it's so easy to pick out one thing: jeans, hair, shoes, nails, etc. Wow of the compliments. I always wish it were me getting the compliments, but alas...

Sara Jessica
12-23-2008, 09:35 PM
Yeah, I did today whilst doing a little girl shopping in guy mode. Was perusing some heels in a DSW or some kind of self-serve outfit like that and I said to this woman, "those are cute", for which I received a blank stare because SHE DIDN'T SPEAK ENGLISH!!!

Kristen Marie
12-23-2008, 09:48 PM
Like today....I was heading into Dunkin Donuts around noon and a nice looking 30 year old in jeans and new maroon/crimson heels was right in front of me. We walked in together and her new shoes clipped across the tile floor. As we stood in line I just had to say to her, those are amazing shoes! She couldn't have been happier that I said something. She told me she had been waiting for months to wear them for this day at work and how she loved them. About two minutes later....and just being nice and not over the top, our coffee was ready and we parted....but it was so nice just to notice.

SANDRA MICHELLE
12-24-2008, 11:26 AM
Many times! I am a shoe nut and I will compliment woman on there shoes, especially if I have the same pair. I will say, I love your shoes, I have the same pair, aren't they great? I have also asked "where did you get that top,dress outfit, do they have it in a size12-14? Or sometimes I will say, you look great I wish I could LOOK THAT GOOD IN THAT DRESS.

terrigurl
12-25-2008, 12:41 AM
In fact, earlier today, when I was in line at the market, I told this woman in front of me that I thought she looked amazing. I felt I had to tell her that I wasn't just trying to pick her up, that I thought her outfit (black pants, black and white top) was really nice and that her hair was beautiful. She smiled and said that she was a hair stylist. I said, "Well, no wonder you look so good." She smiled again and thanked me.:battingeyelashes:

renee k
12-25-2008, 01:15 AM
If I like their hairstyle or color. I always mention how nice it looks. I think they need some gratification after all the money they spend at the salon. I gave my daughter some christmas money for a cut and color, and it turned out nice and it was money well spent not only in how it all looked but how it made her feel good about herself.
One other time I was riding the bus from airport parking lot to the terminal. A lovely young lady in her late twenties. Who was nicely dressed, which you don't to see to often anymore, was sitting across from me. I complimented her on her outfit and how nice she looked. What I didn't mention was I had the same style Steve Madden heels in a different color in my closet. LOL!!

Huggs, Renee