PDA

View Full Version : Mosr GG take it for granted

Dana
12-21-2008, 05:44 AM
The first time I shaved my legs!

The first time I wore nylon panties! And then pantyhose aaahhhh I DAMNNED near faited!

Painting my finger and toenails ~ such fun!

Being "Girly' laughing and having fun! Such as the "Wives of Orange County"

Leohose
12-21-2008, 05:54 AM
[QUOTE=Dana;1539049]The first time I shaved my legs!

The first time I wore nylon panties! And then pantyhose aaahhhh I DAMNNED near faited!

GG dont take it for granted, they do it without thinking after years, so it is routine for them, now when they get you to shave your legs for them, that does things to you.

JoAnne Wheeler
12-28-2008, 04:01 PM
To GGs, it is a way of life, but to CD', it is the living of a dream.
JoAnne Wheeler

StacyCD
12-28-2008, 05:19 PM
There's something forbidden about a guy shaving his legs unless you are a model, actor, swimmer, cyclist, wrestler,... etc. I guess a lot of guys do shave their legs! I thing we worry about stuff far too much. I had my ears pierced on December 10. I only wish I had done it ten years ago!

Karren H
12-28-2008, 06:17 PM
If I was forced by society to have to do something for 40+ years I don't think that I would appreciate it either!! God I sound like my wife!! hahahaha

Same reason guys don't remember the first time they shaved their face.... or the first hair that grew on their chest?? lol

Toni_Lynn
12-28-2008, 06:40 PM
[QUOTE=Karren Hutton;1546846]Same reason guys don't remember the first time they shaved their face.... /QUOTE]

Oh goodness, I remember that :sad: .. among the saddest days of my life! I hated finding that fungus on my face :cry:

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

Di
12-28-2008, 11:56 PM
And then pantyhose aaahhhh I DAMNNED near faited!
Painting my finger and toenails ~ such fun!

Well my :2c:
First time I shaved my legs, wore make up, wore my first stockings,high heels, and painted my nails I was very excited and counted down the DAYS till I was allowed to do each thing.
But just because it was a rite of passage into being a teenager.
And an everyday thing now.And a part of me :D
So I wonder about the ones that dwell on it so much here...if they get stuck in teenage land, or it stays a fetish, or they really do not get to do it so often so it stays new.
And alot of my tg friends ect act the same way I do about it...it is part of them and not something to dwell so much on.
To each there own......and if it excites you.....no harm. Enjoy

avril findlay
12-29-2008, 12:06 AM
The only one I can really remember is having my fingernails painted by my sister, then trying (unsucessfully!) to get all the polish off before school on Monday.

jessielee
12-29-2008, 01:24 AM
what a joy and even a responsibility to infuse wonder into a jaded culture! how sad for routine, though understandable. but how glorious to see the world as fresh and new and full of possibilities, even in such mundanities!

Ze xx
12-29-2008, 07:48 AM
Well of course we take it for granted! How did you feel the first time you shaved your face? Or the first time you had your interview suit on?

Most GG's like to dress up when they have something to dress up for, special occasions etc, but most of the time it's routine however girly or not they might be.

Many GG's like me, who are busy mothers of small children, don't get the chance to pamper ourselves on a routine basis, (you try having a relaxing bath when they want to get in with you or wash your hair for you, or bung in all of their bath toys) so do revel in it when we do, but most of the time it's a quick shower, do the necessities and go.

Many cder's don't get to do all the shaving, dressing up etc, and so when you do it's something that you stop and enjoy and revel in. If you pampered and preened more often it would just become a routine that YOU would take for granted.

Tbh I don't get all these threads about how gg's don't get it, or how we don't understand how lucky we are etc etc. I'm a gg, I personally don't wish to change how I present myself, I don't feel like I was born with the wrong skin there is nothing to make that big a deal about. I started with learning about makeup when I was in my early teens. Now I'm nearly 40 and I still get it wrong! :tongueout I didn't wait for permission to shave my legs or underarms, I did it because my friends were doing it. (yes mum asked if my friends jumped of a cliff :blah: ) Now it's all just stuff!

Kate Simmons
12-29-2008, 08:21 AM
Nice is nice but most women are very busy people. 'Nuff said.:)

Marshchild
12-29-2008, 09:28 AM

The first time I shaved my legs, I damned near fainted... from blood loss! Before I began getting rid of the hair on my legs (either by shaving, waxing or epilating), the latter things weren't so much hairy as positively woolly! It took me a whole evening just to do one (it was much, much harder than I thought it'd be), and by the time I finished, the bathwater was pretty bloody.

[QUOTE=Karren Hutton;1546846]Same reason guys don't remember the first time they shaved their face.... /QUOTE]

Oh goodness, I remember that :sad: .. among the saddest days of my life! I hated finding that fungus on my face :cry:

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

I don't remember when I first started shaving myself either. I have vague memories of my father giving me a bit of a prep on how to do it, but I think it was a few more months before I started doing it regularly. Your lament about finding the "fungus" on your face reminded me how, even as a child, I detested the look of five o'clock shadow. To my dismay, I ended up getting a pretty heavy shadow myself, so started having laser hair removal performed on my face about a decade ago. Thankfully, it's been (mostly) successful.

Well my :2c:
First time I shaved my legs, wore make up, wore my first stockings,high heels, and painted my nails I was very excited and counted down the DAYS till I was allowed to do each thing.
But just because it was a rite of passage into being a teenager.
And an everyday thing now.And a part of me :D
So I wonder about the ones that dwell on it so much here...if they get stuck in teenage land, or it stays a fetish, or they really do not get to do it so often so it stays new.
And alot of my tg friends ect act the same way I do about it...it is part of them and not something to dwell so much on.
To each there own......and if it excites you.....no harm. Enjoy

I've been shaving my legs so long now that whatever thrill the act may have had when I first performed it (probably not much of one - see my first point) has well and truly gone. Like you, I see my leg-shaving (as well as most of the other "femme" activities I regularly indulge in) as "part of me"; one consequence of this is that I really don't see what the big deal about it all is. One consequence of that is that I'm always rather bemused whenever I hear of other guys being forbidden from shaving their legs by partners or other significant people in their lives; if anyone ever tried to tell me to stop shaving mine, I'd tell them to kindly [expletive] off (particularly as I've been doing it more than half my life now - geez, that's a scary thought!)!

what a joy and even a responsibility to infuse wonder into a jaded culture! how sad for routine, though understandable. but how glorious to see the world as fresh and new and full of possibilities, even in such mundanities!

That's a very good point. It often depresses me how banal so many once-exciting activities have become for me, simply because I've performed them so often. Oh, to be able to recapture the childlike thrill I experienced when I performed them the first few times!

Well of course we take it for granted! How did you feel the first time you shaved your face? Or the first time you had your interview suit on?

Funnily enough, I've only ever worn a suit once, and it wasn't to an interview. Thankfully, that's one menswear "essential" that doesn't grace my wardrobe.

Most GG's like to dress up when they have something to dress up for, special occasions etc, but most of the time it's routine however girly or not they might be.

I like to dress up too, but sadly the opportunities to do so sometimes seem few and far between. Ever since becoming a CDer (or simply a dandy), the lament "all dressed up with no place to go" has really struck a chord with me!

Many GG's like me, who are busy mothers of small children, don't get the chance to pamper ourselves on a routine basis, (you try having a relaxing bath when they want to get in with you or wash your hair for you, or bung in all of their bath toys) so do revel in it when we do, but most of the time it's a quick shower, do the necessities and go.

Many cder's don't get to do all the shaving, dressing up etc, and so when you do it's something that you stop and enjoy and revel in. If you pampered and preened more often it would just become a routine that YOU would take for granted.

Tbh I don't get all these threads about how gg's don't get it, or how we don't understand how lucky we are etc etc. I'm a gg, I personally don't wish to change how I present myself, I don't feel like I was born with the wrong skin there is nothing to make that big a deal about. I started with learning about makeup when I was in my early teens. Now I'm nearly 40 and I still get it wrong! :tongueout I didn't wait for permission to shave my legs or underarms, I did it because my friends were doing it.

Funnily enough, the thing that motivated me to shave my underarms was a simple outburst of adolescent anger. At the time, I was pissed off about something or other (a not-at-all uncommon occurrence at the time; unfortunately, things haven't changed all that much in the twenty-odd years since), and felt an urge to give vent to my rage by doing something "crazy". For me, that meant grabbing a razor and shaving each of my (then rather bushy) armpits: a task that (in stark contrast to that of shaving my legs) probably took me less than a minute to accomplish. I was so awed at how easy it had been to do that (it was a case of "hair one minute, gone the next!" nyuk, nyuk), and so in love with the resultant smoothness of my skin, that it henceforth became a regular part of my grooming schedule (the fact it was something boys "just didn't do" was a bonus).

(yes mum asked if my friends jumped of a cliff :blah: )

Funnily enough, I was reflecting on that old cliche recently (albeit the version which states, "If everyone jumped off a cliff etc"), when it occurred to me that if everyone really did jump off a cliff one day, I probably would too! Why? Because only the most terrible collective madness could ever motivate so many people to do something so crazy - if such madness ever did strike the human race, what are the chances I, and I alone, would be able to resist it? (After all, history is replete with examples of otherwise sane, intelligent and civilized people doing unspeakable things as a result of being caught up in some mass hysteria or delusion.)

Now it's all just stuff!

Jocelyn Quivers
12-29-2008, 09:29 AM
The first time I shaved my legs several years ago was a wonderful experience. Today it's just kind of the norm. As I am racing to get ready for work and I have about 10 minutes to shower and everything else. Shaving my legs has kind of lost its luster. Don't get me wrong I enjoy having hairless legs, and will never go back to letting hair grown on them again. I guess it's just something I take as a given now.

Audrey34
12-29-2008, 07:02 PM
The first time I shaved my legs (at 18) it was so painful I swore I would never do it again. Ten years later I started using Nair and the results were better. Years later I went back to shaving and it isn't as bad as my first experience. Still, I have to admit it's become a chore and not such a special thing to me anymore.
-Audrey

RachR
12-29-2008, 07:27 PM
I have to agree with most of the replies here. I don't think GG's take any of it for granted, it's just the norm. As Karren pointed out it's like shaving your face (I, for one, have no idea how old I was when I started shaving).

Personally, I feel these types of threads are really negative towards GG's and need to stop.

Samantha43
12-29-2008, 08:11 PM
My wife puts all of that into context for me. She wears hose when she needs to, considers shaving her legs a chore and hates high heels. All that stuff is normal and boring for her.

Now me on the other hand?................

Angie G
12-29-2008, 09:17 PM
My wife hates shaving her legs I love shaving mine.:hugs:
Angie

MissConstrued
12-29-2008, 11:35 PM
I can't imagine being told what I may or may not do with my own follicular growth. What a drag! Er, um... well, it sucks anyway. Grow a spine. You'd be surprised how attractive *that* is to females.

I have in the past had precisely one girlfriend complain when I explained what I was going to do with the rug of chest hair I had when I met her. She adapted... overnight. :D

Anyway, shaving does get rather mundane, but it beats being Sasquatch.

This sort of thread is like being jealous of a Porsche driver on the freeway while you're puttering along in your Honda. That guy drives that Porsche every day; including to the repair shop for a hefty fee every week. Of course he doesn't appreciate it like you think he should. For those who have them, it's just another damn car. Just be glad your Honda will go 400k miles without an overhaul, feel smug, and STFU.

(Where's the little smiley for "purse upside the noggin?")

:Playnice:

Jenny Wilson
12-30-2008, 12:00 AM
Same reason guys don't remember the first time they shaved their face.... or the first hair that grew on their chest?? lol

Oh, that brings back the memory of the first time I shaved my face. I used a razor that you refilled with an injector, circa 1968. The injector positioned the blade wrong so that one edge stuck up on a little tab that was supposed to keep the blade in place. The result was a blood bath. I probably cut myself in 14 places. I think my parents bought me a Norelco after that, like dad used.

I still use a Norelco and have managed to cut myself with them over the years. Anytime I'm away from my Norelco (for example if I forget to recharge it or I have stayed over at my SO's w/o planning ahead to take my shaver) and I use a razor, I bleed. Thank God for little pieces of toilet paper. LOL

Jenny

Ediosa
12-30-2008, 12:13 AM
I just got to say. I love the smilies everyone is putting on their comments. Makes me enjoy being on this forum even more.

:stirthepot::silly::violin::donut::go::rave:

jenniferTgurl
12-30-2008, 12:16 AM
To GGs, it is a way of life, but to CD', it is the living of a dream.
JoAnne Wheeler

I couldn't have said it better!