PDA

View Full Version : Holiday QGT (& gosh do my feet hurt!!!)

Sara Jessica
12-21-2008, 07:44 PM
I've said elsewhere how much I adore the holiday season. Having a chance last weekend to hit a Christmas gathering and wear a fun "Christmasy" dress will always be such a fond memory. And around home, although I won't have the luxury of donning such apparel for parties around here, I do enjoy getting some holiday themed QGT ("quality girl time"). Today's mission is to wrap the family presents, particularly those from Santa.

The outfit is actually quite simple, my fav girl jeans, a top which is to die for, hair & makeup of course, and some new heels I picked up this week on sale at Macy's, here's a link to a picture...

http://www.stylefeeder.com/i/qbqvdt39/Marc-Fisher-Quot-Samelia-Quot-Pump

The heels are actually a deeper red than the picture shows and look amazing peeking out from the hemline of my jeans. Anyways, I'm running around the house getting stuff done and I lasted all of 2 1/2 hours before crying uncle. It's almost like injuring your foot or ankle when wearing ice skates or ski boots, you take it off and it ain't going back on. Well with no hose my pinky toe on my right foot nearly became fused with the shoe! Oh the pain us women go through for the sake of fashion!!! I totally understand why gg's often ditch the heels halfway through the evening if given the opportunity. I am just as happy to finish my stuff in bare feet.

I will say I can't wait to wear them out, just not running about a mall. More like dinner or something. Get me from the car to the restaurant and back and I'll be good to go!

JoAnne Wheeler
12-26-2008, 03:20 PM
Love the shoes - I can't tell the heel hight, but they appear tp be 3 1/2" to 4" in height. You might try lower heels and gradually work up to higher ones. I have gotten to where I can walk in 2 1/2" heels as well or better than my own drab shoes. I also have some 4 1/2" heels which are feet and leg killers after two or three hours. I will eventuall conquere them, but for right now, you may want to start a little lower and work your way up.
JoAnne Wheeler

StacyCD
12-26-2008, 05:56 PM
You may need a larger sized shoe without hose--for sure I do! Also, if the shoe fits correctly, gradually increase your wearing time. Walking a marathon in new shoes is almost always certain disaster!

Sara Jessica
12-26-2008, 08:16 PM
Love the shoes - I can't tell the heel hight, but they appear tp be 3 1/2" to 4" in height. You might try lower heels and gradually work up to higher ones. I have gotten to where I can walk in 2 1/2" heels as well or better than my own drab shoes. I also have some 4 1/2" heels which are feet and leg killers after two or three hours. I will eventuall conquere them, but for right now, you may want to start a little lower and work your way up.
JoAnne Wheeler

OK, now you have me curious!!! I just measured the heel and it is in fact 4"...yikes, what was I thinking!!! Actually, walking is not even the issue, been at this for as long as I can remember. Part of it could be these are a size 9 but I typically buy 9.5's.

You may need a larger sized shoe without hose--for sure I do! Also, if the shoe fits correctly, gradually increase your wearing time. Walking a marathon in new shoes is almost always certain disaster!

I don't wear hose most of the time and these happen to fit perfectly...for the first two hours! I think it's a breaking-in thing but still, these aren't shoes to hit the mall in, no woman in her right mind would want to walk for more than an hour or two in these.

I guess part of my point is I've seen posts where peeps say they spent 12 hours in high heels and all was fine and dandy. Well it is if you spend that time sitting on your tush in front of the computer. Whether you are out and about doing things or staying at home being up and about, eventually the pain will catch up with you.