PDA

View Full Version : Very slow at works means.....

Karren H
12-22-2008, 04:06 PM
FUN!!!

I love coming in over the holidays... No one is here except a few proplr spread all around the new building.. So I got to play around a bit... First painted my toes and fingers!! Then tried on some clothes I have yet to wear out enfemme.... And then I messed around with some new makeup...

But the coolest thing is I went exploring and found .... Yeah you got it... 7 unisex restrooms spread over 4 floors, each with a sink, mirror, toilet, and great lighting!! And many in areas where hardly any people travel on normal days!!

YES...

I'm going to love the new digs.. Since now I can take lunch times and go play with my makeup any time I want!!!

So anyone not trying to "work" this holiday??

gennee
12-22-2008, 04:20 PM
Happy exploring, Karren!

Gennee

:)

pamela_a
12-22-2008, 04:28 PM
So anyone not trying to "work" this holiday??You mean you have to try to not "work" this time of year?

Have fun exploring Karren but just keep this in mind, I got busted by the cleaning crew trying on new heels at work one time.:doh:

-Paula-

SexxxyDJ
12-22-2008, 04:30 PM
I got busted by the cleaning crew trying on new heels at work one time.:doh:

-Paula-

Been there and done that. You learn to move really quickly. :o

Alice B
12-22-2008, 04:32 PM
That had to be way too cool. You are getting bolder as each day passes. What would have happened if someone had come along to where you were?

Karren H
12-22-2008, 04:34 PM
Well as luck would have It I just put a final coat of polish on my toes.. Setting behind my desk with the little electric heater drying them and in pops a coworker and sets down for a long chat!! Me with no shoes and no socks and bright pink toes.. Hahaha. Don't know if he smelled the polis but after a half hour he finally left.. My toes look great!! :)

nicole123
12-22-2008, 04:55 PM
So anyone not trying to "work" this holiday??yes I am not trying, but apparently the company would shut down if they can’t get a hold of me at anytime. Stupid cell phone, I am about to take up hockey.

pamela_a
12-22-2008, 04:58 PM
Luck had nothing to do with it Karren. Little do you realize your co-worker was really just going to come in and offer to help you but you were already done. You didn't mention if your strappys were visible or not though.

-Paula-

leesametz
12-22-2008, 05:09 PM
anyone not trying to "work" this holiday??

while the money is always great over the holidays, i was really hoping it wouldnt get to me (on the overtime list)...

everyone (immediate family AND parents) will all be out of town so theres only about 10% chance of running into someone in town who knows me, so i was going to spend entire DAYS dressed and going out. to the movies, lunch, grocery shopping (gag!) etc. now the only days i have off between NOW and 5 january is Christmas eve (spent with wife/daughter) Christmas day (parents/sister's family) New Years eve and New Years day...

im still trying to find out if theres anything going on in Motown because maybe ill call off one of those other days...

Toni_Lynn
12-22-2008, 05:33 PM
But the coolest thing is I went exploring and found .... Yeah you got it... 7 unisex restrooms spread over 4 floors, each with a sink, mirror, toilet, and great lighting!! And many in areas where hardly any people travel on normal days!!

Hmm -- no this reminds me of two things. When I was a senior in high school -- 1975 -- I found a girls restroom like that in a secluded area of the school. It became my own personal territory.

And then there was the time, lets see, 12 years ago, when I was consulting in the IT department of a very large local chain of grocery stores (you know the one, Karen, named after one of our feathered friends). It was Christmas time and no one was in. I was trying to figure something out, was deep in thought, walked around the corner, down the hall, pushed open the door and noticed that suddenly the restroom smelled very very nice. Then I sad to myself, 'Hey self, sure smells better in here than it usually does, and wow, when did they paint the walls that nice lilac colour, and hmm -- what happens to the urin... hmm ... ah ..er .... ooops. Oh well, I'm here :)'

As to working .. I'll be in all week, auditing ceiling tiles and carpet squares .. next week it will be all girl all the time at home with my sweetie!

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

Alice B
12-22-2008, 11:22 PM
You have got to be a very cool person. I'd be nervous as heck if a co worker walked in in those circumstances. I assume you did not get up to shake his hand.:hugs:

MsSamanthaErica
12-22-2008, 11:31 PM
Karren is one of my favorite folks on here...she never lets anything faze her!

I only wish I had the nerves to do that! But if I did...I would do exactly what Karren did!!

~Samantha

balletchick
12-22-2008, 11:35 PM
I don't need a holiday to try and not work I'm the laziest person I know. Of the seven deadly sins mine is "sloth" I watch it, I live it, I love it.

Karren H
12-23-2008, 12:06 AM
You have got to be a very cool person. I'd be nervous as heck if a co worker walked in in those circumstances. I assume you did not get up to shake his hand.:hugs:

Luckily it has been so blasted cold in our offices I just stayed seated with my painted toes pressed up to the heater.. Under my desk and he was more than happy to sit on the other side of the desk.. Probably would have freaked if he had gotten up and come around.. Hahaha.

Ronni Seymour
12-23-2008, 06:43 AM
Not me! Hospitals don't have holidays!:sad:

deja true
12-23-2008, 06:51 AM
I'm putting up a good show of shuffling papers this week, but I'm really shopping on line and reading blogs. :D

Oh...and then there's all that photo editing to do from last weekend's shoot!

Take my own laptop to work and use the office's unmonitored wireless...:)

cindym5_04
12-23-2008, 08:36 AM
I don't feel like working either. There's hardly anyone around, but I have stuff to do anyway. I have to help the attorneys with creating files and filing stuff away. It's slow right now though.

...and I agree- Karren is one of the COOLEST people on here- she's so laid back and nothing ever phases her at all.

Sam-antha
12-23-2008, 02:38 PM
Do not get panic lost on the wrong floor

StaceyJane
12-23-2008, 02:40 PM
Karen, I've never really had an imagime of a coal miner sitting behind a desk trying on dresses. Coal mining must be really different where you live.

JoAnne Wheeler
12-23-2008, 03:15 PM
Slow time means that I get to spend some quality time responding to threads. I love this website.

JoAnne Wheeler

Sarah Martin
12-23-2008, 03:29 PM
Yes, working over Xmas in the office. I'll see how many others are in and will underdress if it's quiet.

Glad you have some "personal space" to play in this Christmas, Karen!

bredalee25
12-23-2008, 03:48 PM
Funny you should ask karen. I'm at work right now waiting on the UPS guy and then i'm on Xmas vacation. I'm the only one here so i'm surfing the net and checking in on this site. So i'm not working very hard as you can tell if i'm typing this right now. ttfn

Carin
12-25-2008, 04:06 AM
I used to get dressed in the office after everyone had gone home and before the cleaning crew came in, as I worked later, and with a long drive home preferred to be dressed. The cleaning crew came in early one evening, as I was going out the door. Oh well, one more step out of the closet. I told them to be sure to set the alarm when they left, and off I went.

Angie G
12-25-2008, 08:28 AM
I've got the week off and not even thinkingabout work Karren.:hugs:
Angie

Joy Carter
12-25-2008, 08:36 AM
Too many snow days this year. I gotta keep my nose to the grind stone, just to keep up. They still own me vacation time from 07'.

Carroll
12-25-2008, 12:07 PM
I work for Sears, signing the ad's....what do you think I've been doing! I will be overjoyed after Jan 1st when all this christmas [-]shit[/-] is done.

Marshchild
12-26-2008, 09:23 AM

Hmm -- no this reminds me of two things. When I was a senior in high school -- 1975 -- I found a girls restroom like that in a secluded area of the school. It became my own personal territory.

And then there was the time, lets see, 12 years ago, when I was consulting in the IT department of a very large local chain of grocery stores (you know the one, Karen, named after one of our feathered friends). It was Christmas time and no one was in. I was trying to figure something out, was deep in thought, walked around the corner, down the hall, pushed open the door and noticed that suddenly the restroom smelled very very nice. Then I sad to myself, 'Hey self, sure smells better in here than it usually does, and wow, when did they paint the walls that nice lilac colour, and hmm -- what happens to the urin... hmm ... ah ..er .... ooops. Oh well, I'm here :)'

This talk of finding out-of-the-way toilets reminds me of some nice ones I found in the city in my own neck of the woods. Located in one of the quieter sections of a large shopping arcade, they became my "toilets of choice" if Nature called while I was in town, because they were clean and always deserted; and also had this strangely agreeable mustiness about them. Unfortunately, the a**hole who owned the arcade ended up locking them and making them "employee use only". :Angry3: That really pissed me off since it seems that the only toilets the public are allowed to use nowadays where I live are the ones that are covered in graffiti; have junkies ODing and perverts beating off in the cubicles; and where various idiots have decided it'd be the height of hilarity to remove all the locks from the cubicle doors and clog the toilets themselves up with paper. :Angry3:

Toni_Lynn, I can really relate to your comment about making those girls' toilets your "own personal territory". Being a bit of a loner when I was growing up, I always loved finding secluded places at school where I could spend my break periods alone with my thoughts.

On the subject of exploring places and making interesting discoveries, a brother of mine once told me he'd been trying to find a way out of one of the department buildings at the university we both went to (I think he got locked in there after hours), and ended up coming upon all these classrooms that evidently hadn't been used for years, given the amount of dust on everything inside them. He said that was really eerie.

I don't need a holiday to try and not work I'm the laziest person I know. Of the seven deadly sins mine is "sloth" I watch it, I live it, I love it.

Just be careful you don't wake up one day to find yourself tied to your bed, missing one of your hands, and staring up at a forest of little cardboard pine trees dangling from the ceiling! :heehee:

rachellenicole
12-26-2008, 10:12 AM
Karen, sounds like you are having some fun and making good use of your time:heehee:

I'm off for 4 days this week and we decided to close Thursday and Friday next week.

I'm giong Shopping!!!!

Rach

SANDRA MICHELLE
12-26-2008, 11:41 AM
Slow here also, I am sitting here in a pink top and a new boots along with my favorite jeans. I also have on a brand new bra my wife bought for me as a christmas present, it's a Victoria Secret pink racerback bra and I just love the fit and feel. The mail Lady just came in and commented how nice I looked, she says she is jeolous because my boobs are bigger than hers. I always tell her that "yeh but you look much better in a mini skirt", she wears one from time to time on her mail route. She has been a lot of fun over the years and has seen me in a lot of fem clothes. She always comments on my heels and can't believe that I find them comfortable, also likes my painted toenails.