PDA

View Full Version : Feeling more feminine - a matter of "passing"?

Rachel_DBN
12-23-2008, 04:18 AM
Hi everyone,

As part of my transformation I'm often wondering how I could achieve a more "convincing" look, and one of the obstacles I face is my quite distinctive Adam's apple. I don't want to get rid of it completely, as has been mentioned in several threads before. But I'm looking for a good way to hide it as effectively as possible - any idea how to achieve that? :bringiton:

Thanks,

Rachel

Sara Jessica
12-23-2008, 10:01 AM
One word: Turtleneck tops!!!

Or it'd be much easier just to embrace this as one of your challenges and not worry so much about it.

Angie G
12-23-2008, 10:07 AM
That's two word Sara. Rachel you could also try Scarfs hun.:hugs:
Angie

Sara Jessica
12-23-2008, 10:12 AM
Oops, I was gonna say just "turtlenecks"!!!

Intertwined
12-23-2008, 10:16 AM
Chokers tend to hide it by Distraction.

Rachel_DBN
12-23-2008, 10:51 AM
One word: Turtleneck tops.

You could also try Scarfs.

Hi Sara Jessica & Angie,

I was thinking about the turtleneck or other high neck tops, especially since I saw a couple of girls here in the forum wearing them occasionally. I didn't really think about a scarf yet; both ways show up with one major drawback from my point of view: I'm living in a very hot climate, and I don't know if it wouldn't be a step in the wrong direction (in order not to draw too much attention to my appearance) wearing clothes of any kind around my neck while we've got temperatures of around 30°C/86°F out there... :heehee:

Chokers tend to hide it.

That's something I was also thinking about, but I'm not too sure yet if it works out the way it's supposed to. Well, obviously I'll have to give it a try. Thanks again, ladies, for the support! :battingeyelashes:

Rachel

SometimesDiana
12-23-2008, 11:13 AM
Your adams apple is probably more obvious to you than to others. You see it up close when you shave or do your make-up. However, I doubt people would even notice it in passing.

I have a thick neck so I try to draw eyes down with a long necklace and V-cut tops. When my big neck is parked between a pretty face and cleavage, I don't think people pay much attention to it. -Diana

Rachel_DBN
12-23-2008, 11:43 AM
Well, so I have to work on a pretty face and a stunning cleavage first...! :daydreaming:

Karren H
12-23-2008, 12:11 PM
Well hiding it is one thing but but that only works in the cooler months... and chokers are not really in style and they will draw the attention to the choker.... I agree that distractions are another way to handle this... If you say can create killer cleveage with a plunging neckline then that is where the attention will be drawn first... or super makeup job and hair will do the same thing... Get the viewer to look at something.. anything other that your neck... just being ho-hum then people will look at the whole package and they will be drawn to something that looks out of place...

Laura Evans
12-23-2008, 12:37 PM
You can use makeup to create an illusion of a smaller apple. Dark colors creates a receeding illusion and bright colors highlight features and tends to focus ones eyes to them. Use a bronzer over the Adams Apple and highlight the surronding area especially the depression below the apple. This will give the illusion of a smaller adams apple. Don't bring attention to the area by having jewelry at the neck instead use jewelry that brings the eyes lower on the chest, so longer hanging jewelry helps. I agree with the other advice given to you in this thread also. Good luck.

JoAnne Wheeler
12-23-2008, 01:22 PM
I have always loved challenges. I love to try to overcome the physical problems associated with this ugly male body of mine. Too tall. Too fat. Too hairy. Big bone structure. Ugly face. So, turning myself into a pleasing attractive woman is a real challenge. And yet, I love the challenge.

I know that I will never be beautiful like TxKimberly or Tiffany or Karen Hutton or so many of you lovely ladies. But, that does not stop me from trying to be the best JoAnne that I can be. I am trying to work up enough nerve to post my pictures on this website.

As so many of you have said, its not what is on the outside, its what is on the inside. On the inside, I am living full time as my alter ego and I love it.

Trying to be the best I can.

JoAnne Wheeler

Sam-antha
12-23-2008, 02:30 PM
Just go for something eye catching that dangles on a bit chain, just above the cleavage point - it matters not whether you have such a thing. Just have the eye catcher totake attention away from the apple that is not nearly as prominent as you think it is.
~Samm

Sara Jessica
12-23-2008, 07:26 PM
Hi Sara Jessica & Angie,

I was thinking about the turtleneck or other high neck tops, especially since I saw a couple of girls here in the forum wearing them occasionally. I didn't really think about a scarf yet; both ways show up with one major drawback from my point of view: I'm living in a very hot climate, and I don't know if it wouldn't be a step in the wrong direction (in order not to draw too much attention to my appearance) wearing clothes of any kind around my neck while we've got temperatures of around 30°C/86°F out there...

Yeah, that's why I suggested that you forget about it and just go with the flow. I was a lot happeier (and cooler) when I ditched the turtlenecks in the summertime. And now that it's winter, I don't really see the point so I won't bother with them. The fashion options are wide open and so much more fun once you get away from having to hide your neck or your arms.

KimberlyS
12-23-2008, 09:29 PM
A set of DD's hide it fairly well. At least from the guys as they will never look up. :D :heehee:

docrobbysherry
12-23-2008, 09:36 PM
A nice long, full beard will effectively hide your neck! Summer AND winter!:)

Kate Simmons
12-23-2008, 10:17 PM
As the other girls have said misdirection and illusion is the name of the game. If you give them something else to look at, I guarantee the adam's apple will be minimized.:)

Satrana
12-23-2008, 11:17 PM
Long hair down each side of the face down to the shoulders will do the trick. Having your hair short or up draws attention to the neck.

Turtlenecks are a bad idea not just for warm climates but because they cover up the whole shoulder area which will emphasize your broader shoulders. You need to always have a generous scoop around the neck area to avoid this.

emmicd
12-24-2008, 12:36 AM
I know there are physical attributes we as guys have that are hard to conceal when we dress. I believe we should just try to accept that we are different and can dress for the pleasure and need. If dressing to go out and experience being feminine is important than a visit to a transformation salon may be a good idea. You will be pampered and experience a wonderful transformation from male to female for a few hours.

emmi

Sara Jessica
12-24-2008, 07:53 AM
Long hair down each side of the face down to the shoulders will do the trick. Having your hair short or up draws attention to the neck.

Excellent advice!!! Having just changed to longer hair from a shorter style, I can't agree with you more.