PDA

View Full Version : Heading for a makeover

Kayla_CD
12-23-2008, 10:23 AM
Well, I'm biting the bullet and heading out to a trans makeover salon downtown. I'm so excited about it, but nervous too. I really want to see how femme I can look with someone professionally doing my makeup. But what gets me nervous is if I don't look good even with her help. What if I'm just not cut out to look like a woman?

I guess I shouldn't worry and just enjoy the experience. Which I know I will once I get down there.

I did go to a place like this a number of years ago, but I don't have any photos. I left the only Polaroid in the change room and I've been kicking myself for it for years, so lots of glam shots today.

Wish me luck!

Intertwined
12-23-2008, 10:33 AM
Good Luck Kayla, no matter how it turns out, Enjoy it...!

I do have a question for the rest of us, I have never worn makeup except for holloween.

Are there places like beauty salons that a person can go to, just to have makeup done.

I would love to see what I look like with, how to say..... makeup done right.

Karren H
12-23-2008, 10:56 AM
Yeah!! Take your camera and do post lots of photos!!

Celeste
12-23-2008, 10:57 AM
I think you will be happy,but don't forget to give them the camera and get as many different shots and angles as you can,sometimes out of a hundred shots, only 5 will be keepers.When they finish with you, evaluate your look and have them change what you feel is necessary.Also I would ask many questions so you can give reproducing the look a shot.

MJ
12-23-2008, 12:20 PM
just enjoy yourself take pictures have fun .. :hugs:

Carole Cross
12-23-2008, 12:45 PM
Kayla, good luck with your makeover, I hope it goe sweel and you eill look beautiful. I have a makeover booked on 30 December, and I hope that will go well for me too. Finally everyone here will be anle to seewhat I look like!
I'm sure it will turn out OK for you, just enjoy the experience, thats what I intend to do.:hugs::love:

JoAnne Wheeler
12-23-2008, 03:11 PM
Someday - I'm going to get a complete makeover performed by real GGs in a real womans' salon - that is my goal.

Meanwhile, enjoy yours and show us the before and after.

Love,

JoAnne Wheeler

Sarah Martin
12-23-2008, 03:32 PM
Relax and enjoy. Advice which you have probably thought of yourself - take a camera (with new batteries) and get the staff to photograph you lots and lots!

Christine1953
12-23-2008, 03:36 PM
Kayla: You will look fantastic. Go for it girl.

Jennifer Marie P.
12-23-2008, 04:36 PM
Kayla you will be fine don't get to nervous I went to makeover studios a few times and it came out perfect. Take lots of pictures and just relax

Kayla_CD
12-23-2008, 05:56 PM
Well, I'm back and all my fears were allayed. She did an incredible job and did a little photo shoot for me at the end where I got to try on a bunch of different wigs and see all my possible looks.

I could have spent the whole day there just starting at myself in the mirror, I finally looked way more like Kayla than like myself. Next time I head there it'll be with plans for dancing after.

I'll be resizing photos and posting to the picture gallery very soon.

Kayla_CD
12-23-2008, 06:26 PM
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96864

CD Susan
12-23-2008, 07:08 PM
Lovely pics Kayla! I enjoyed every one of them.